教育王國

標題: A luck to escape from a direct subsidy school [打印本頁]

作者: chanpa    時間: 08-7-17 01:17     標題: A luck to escape from a direct subsidy school

My son studied P.1 in a private traditional school.  I found him having problems of losing his temper, losing his belongings, not tiding up his belongings, running out of the classroom and not doing part of the examination papers.
       I thought I should find another school for him.  
       With attractive advertisement, I changed him to study P.2 in a direct subsidy school.  This school is a through-train school with two teachers a class and thirty pupils a class.  Besides, this school has a psychologist.  I guessed that my son would have better caring in this school and my son might suffer from certain kinds of disabilities.
        In the first term, no conduct was given.  But in the second term, D+ was given to my son.  At that time, he was diagnosed to suffer from a mental problem and started to take drug.  The teacher isolated him by arranging him to sit alone at the back corner of the classroom.  After hot discussion, my son was arranged to sit alone at the back of the middle classroom.  My son had no academic problem.  In the last term, he was given C in conduct.
        Before the start of P.3, I discuss his problem with the P.3 classteacher as well as submitting the letter of a Psychiatrist for sitting in front of the classroom.  Though the school had serious staff conflict in the summer of 2007, I was not aware of this and let my son study P.3.
        In P.3, the school system was changed.  There was only one classteacher in P.3 and the pupils of P.3 and P.4 were split into four groups under the care of four teachers.  Though the SGT and the classteacher informed me of two disturbing behaviour arising among my son and other classmates, they had no follow up action (just informing me).  I just took notice on these incidents.  I also gave a recommendation letter from a Psychologist of how to handle my son at school to the classteacher.
        Again, my son was given D+ in conduct in the first term.  I appealed to the head principal immediately.  I requested to have a case conference.  
        The school was very protective and just informed me of no change of conduct.  The headmistress told that the teaching staff had a prior meeting and she listed out his misbehaviour at school.  They just found justification on conduct of D+(focusing on his weakness but not his strengthens).  I was very angry.  Someone had to trigger my son such as asking his nickname.  Later, this case was known to Educational Psychologist of Education Bureau.  In the second term, the school gave him C- in conduct.  In the last term, the school gave him C+ in conduct.
        Definitively, I should change another school for my son.  I wrote the true facts to some principals.  With his good academic performance but poor conduct, only one kind and concern principal accepts him to study P.4.  My son plays the piano in grade four and gets second divison in the final Olympic Mathematics Competition against Hong Kong and Mainland students.
         I am lucky to find a suitable school to start anew for my son.
作者: pamam    時間: 08-7-17 08:46

chanpa,
my son has asperger, just wonder what's your son's diagnosis, would you mind pm me about which school you son has switched into? I think I know which school your son has 'escaped' from!
pamam
作者: pumbaa    時間: 08-7-17 10:15

Your topic has some problems that it stereotypes ALL DSS.

You may frankly tell us the school name.

原文章由 pamam 於 08-7-17 08:46 發表
chanpa,
my son has asperger, just wonder what's your son's diagnosis, would you mind pm me about which school you son has switched into? I think I know which school your son has 'escaped' from!
pamam ...

作者: yhma    時間: 08-7-17 12:56

Could you PM the DS school name to me.
Thank you.
作者: mingming04    時間: 08-7-17 14:32

My son has the same problem and i want to find a school that suits for him
作者: mingming04    時間: 08-7-17 14:33

My son has the same problem and i want to find a school that suits for him
e-mail : [email protected]
作者: 3lamma    時間: 08-7-17 15:24

I believe all schools don't have enough resources for SEN students.  Even they have resources for SEN, they might spend it to hire another TA to help out the school matters, not specifically on SEN kids. Almost all teachers (perhaps only attend a course) don't have any training or even knowledge in dealing with SEN kids.  I helped a P.4 boy with SEN to have an exam after school.  I asked him 'How old are you?' He said '關你屁事!'.  As I have knowlege in this field and I understand that perhaps he did not mean what he said(he just can't stop talking).  However, the school insisted that that boy should apologize to me and his mom was asked to see me with his son and the panel.  I feel very sorry for his mom because he said terrible things to his mom too, '你為什麼這個面口? 是否未出糧? ' etc...we remained silence for so long.  The panel would not let him go until he said sorry.  

As parents, it's really '有苦自己知'.  I hope chanpa's kid is happy after he's switched school and schools have more communication with parents. It's also hard for teaching staff to understand all the characteristics of SEN: asperger, autism, ADHD, dylexia etc in a class of over 30 pupils.

[ 本文章最後由 3lamma 於 08-7-18 13:47 編輯 ]
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-7-18 06:05

On 19.1.2008, my wife and I saw the classteacher to collect the first term assessment report.
Oh No!  What happen!  Why D+?  I am extremely shocked.
The classteacher said," This is the decision of the conduct meeting from the headmistress and the teachers involved.  I think your son's conduct grade may be higher."
Nothing I could do but left the classroom.
I was very angry.  After all my things done in this weekend, I write a letter to the principal and the teachers committee at mid-night of 20.1.2008.
The letter was as follows.

Dear XXX, the Principal

& the teachers committee,
        Appeal for amendment of my son’s conduct

Thank you for your assessment on my son during the first term.
In early September 2007, I approached for setting individual education profile (IEP) for my son, XXX, as he is diagnosed to have suffered from XXX.
The case was then known to Ms XXX, SGT.
So far, I did not hear serious problems from my son and classteacher.
However, my wife and I are shocked by his conduct D+.
There should be some measures among teachers and parents helping my son before his getting such a miserable conduct which seriously affects his personal growth, self-confidence, friendship and trust towards classmates and teachers and presentation towards outside parties.

During this term, my son attended an intensive social group two-hour once a week run by Ms XXX, a psychologist, at XXX from October to December.
Ms XXX also wrote a letter of recommendation and suggestion to the school authority of how to deal with my son.
This letter was given to the classteacher in October.

Once again, I appreciated Ms XXX, his classteacher, to have given much encouragement and support to my son.
Yet, did other teachers and school members know my son’s situation, characteristics of his disabilities and know how to deal with my son?
In fact, my son has disabilities that certain part of his brain is lost, resulting in a short attention span and weak mood control.
In other words, his inhibition ability is low.
The best treatments are medication and behavioural modification.
I spoke to my son at once and he told me that he was unhappy by other classmates’ noise and intentionally speaking nickname (XXX).
He then lost his temper by throwing his school bag and things and crying in the first two months.
Fortunately, he has been making some improvement since November not throwing his belongings and trying his best to hide his tears.
There should be a cause of his outburst of temper, not just viewing the end result of his losing temper, focusing on his weaknesses but not his strengthens.
Someone must involve in his conflict.

For better handling of my son, may I request a case conference with teachers concerned to discuss his conduct, the strategies of teaching my son, IEP, to foster an effective communication channels among teachers and parents, and to enhance ways of co-operation.
In fact, my son is a straight, simple-hearted and lovely boy and listens to explanation.

I object that his conduct is terribly given D+.
I trust your school and seek for all possible solution.
It is unfair to justify my son with a normal standard.

For case conference arrangement, I should be grateful if you would contact me at XXX in your early convenience.

To be continued.....
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-7-18 22:13

原文章由 3lamma 於 08-7-17 15:24 發表
I believe all schools don't have enough resources for SEN students.  Even they have resources for SEN, they might spend it to hire another TA to help out the school matters, not specifically on SEN ki ...

I share with you (有苦自己知).  At first, I do not understand what happen on my son.  Is he disobey or uncontrol?
I try all methods; shouting, beating, losing temper, crying myself...  Now I learn to be patient and speak softly with steps by steps.  Importantly, I forcast the results of his action and making positive reinforcement.  I express much thanks to social workers of BGCA and Heep Hong Society, psychologists of Heep Hong Society, Project Aspire and Chinese University, two psychiatrists, his phonics teacher, Professor of Chinese University and an occupational therapist of Kowloon Hospital.  Two psychologists also write recommendation letters to explain against the conduct of D+.  There is a team of professionals working with me.  
In fact, my son gets prizes of Mandarin, piano and Mathematics outside for this miserable school.  Yet, this miserable school posts the prizes on its website.  How many prizes the school gets.  In fact, it is the effort of all parents but not the school itself.   

When I lose my temper, I try to control myself.  I speak to myself that I am the only one in the world to help my son.
作者: friedawc    時間: 08-7-19 13:00

原文章由 chanpa 於 08-7-18 22:13 發表

I share with you (有苦自己知).  At first, I do not understand what happen on my son.  Is he disobey or uncontrol?
I try all methods; shouting, beating, losing temper, crying myself...  Now I learn t ...

Oh chanpa

You are such a nice papa. I read your letter and totally
agree with your statement and reasons. However, I really don't understand how come most of the principals have
not concerned and considered an individual student's
abiltiy and the impact of their behaviour. They only
concern the student's acedamic result or any referrals.
Luckily at least there is one principal who did concern and
he/she is a real professional educator. Never give up and
I am sure you son will become better and better with your
selfless love and assistance. Wish you all happy forever!
作者: eemay    時間: 08-7-19 13:47

Hi! Chanpa,

I understand how frustrated and stressful you are when facing the problem occured at school. Your boy was sensative to noise and serious to other kids making jokes on him. It's understandable. However, the school staff only concerned your son's reaction but failed to understand him,and educate other classmates.

Hope your son can have a good start at the new school. The Headmaster of this school must be a real educator who desired our repect.

You are such a supportive parent and I believe your son will grow up with happiness.

God bless!
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-7-20 03:38

In the morning of 21.1.2008, I gave the appeal letter to the head principal.  The classteacher did not know the progress.  In late January 2008, this head principal gave me the interim reply.
In February 2008, a case conference was held.  At first, I expected those in the conduct meeting would appear.  At mid-night before the case conference, I prepared the information of how to handle my son's disabilities.  I am open-minded to share and just want to find a solution.
The case conference was full of fire and started at 3:30pm.  The headmistress of the primary section chaired the meeting.  The secretary, SGT, the classteacher, 輔導主任, my wife and I attended the meeting.  The headmistress said that the case conference would be ended at 4:00pm as the headmistress and teacher staff would have another meeting at 4:00pm.  The headmistress did not respect us because both of us took a leave for this meeting.
In the meeting, the headmistress first pointed that SGT and the classteacher had phoned to us as the communication channel.  After that, the headmistress sounded that the teaching staff had a prior meeting and listed out my son's misbehaviour one by one as reported by other teachers.  I consider this was minor such as walking away in the PE lesson.  The most important two incidents were as follows.
1) my son screamed in the classroom and other classmates screamed back.  My son said that the classroom was noisy.  The teacher and other classmates said that there was no loud noise.  Might my son be sensitive?  The classteacher considered that the classmates and my son played together in the later stage.  
2) My son lost his temper and used a ball pen to draw on his school bag.  Every part of the school bag was drawn with lines.  I guess that my son needed at least fifteen minutes to do such behaviour on all the surface of the school bag.  SGT did not stop my son drawing on the school bag but allowed him to continue to draw.  Why did not SGT stop my son's behaviour but SGT just let him destroy the school bag?  My son told me that the student who ranked the first in next class said the nickname of my son.  My son lost temper as he thought that such a good student also said nickname on him.
Lastly, the headmistress concluded that D+ was the final decision without amendment.  I exploded and was very angry.  I suggested that you should give D+ with the explanation of my son's disabilities.  This headmistress rejected as it was 個人私穩.
Then I also suggested to report the range of conduct that those who involved in the conflict.  The headmistress replied that she had dealed with these students.
At this moment, I was very angry and wrote on my paper that 閉門做車, 離晒譜, 岐視 to calm me down.  
The classteacher kept silent.
The headmistress instructed the classteacher to write down what she talked with me. (白紙黑字 black and white)
輔導主任 reported that she found my son could control himself despite his disability.  This woman was so powerful that she opposed the opinion of psychiatrist and psychologist.
SGT said "Is D+ so important?"
At 4:00pm, the headmistress claimed to have another meeting with other teaching staff.  They did not respect us who wanted a solution of helping my son.  They left the conference room, leaving the classteacher to talk with us.  SGT came to help the classteacher and the classteacher went out.  SGT talked for a while and left.  We waited until about 6:00pm and SGT came to tell us that the headmistress and teaching staff would not see us today.  I insisted on having another meeting two weeks later.  SGT promised and we left school.
Absolutely, my son needed to change another school as this school was not loving, not supportive and not 包容 but rather fault finding to justify their wrongdoing.

I try to be calm down and think my action plan......
作者: Parcoleung1234    時間: 08-7-20 10:49

我很明白你的感受,但這個社會就是這麼不公平。我曾經有位朋友的兒子,他的遭遇比你更可憐。他所讀的小學有自己我直屬中學。他每年都考第一,獲獎無數,但他有過度活躍症,所以他的直屬中學以他的品行太差為理由拒絕收他,因為他在小學期間常常搗亂,影響其他同學,遭其他家長嚴重投受。最後他祇好把兒子送到外國升學。
我這位朋友在學業上和事業上都有很出色的表現,所以他不太接受現實,他常常被約到學校見老師和校長,他覺得學校針對他自己的小朋友。我常常勸告他叫他不要太介懷,我還提議他幫自己的兒子轉到一些Special School,但他太愛面子了,他覺得自己的兒子是醒目仔,所以他真的害了自己的兒子。
這件事已發生在10多年前,可能現今的教育制度已改進不少,但自私的人實在太多,試問有幾多家長能接受自己的小朋友在上堂時常常受某一位同學搗亂而不投訢?
最後,我真的希望你的小朋友能真真正正找到一所適合他的小學。
原文章由 chanpa 於 08-7-20 03:38 發表
In the morning of 21.1.2008, I gave the appeal letter to the head principal.  The classteacher did not know the progress.  In late January 2008, this head principal gave me the interim reply.
In Febru ...

作者: breefan    時間: 08-7-20 18:50

Did your son study in HKUAPS?
作者: Charlotte_mom    時間: 08-7-20 19:06

PLEASE唔好亂估, 港同成績表根本無conduct呢一樣野
原文章由 breefan 於 08-7-20 06:50 PM 發表
Did your son study in HKUAPS?

作者: lingchuling    時間: 08-7-20 19:47

我都很想知是那間學校,請問可否告知是香港,九龍或新界,因為9月要選小學了,因我都怕選錯這類學校,因為剛剛去了一個小學的暑期活動,我都看見一位老師對於一些比較活潑的小朋友出現不耐煩的反應,請問那位好爸爸可否PM我告知是那間小學

Thanks a lot.
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-7-20 21:15

My son does not study at HKUAPS.

多謝大家支持,大家的眼睛是雪亮的。
作者: BillieBug    時間: 08-7-20 23:48

chanpa,

Really feel sorry to learn how that school ill-treated your son and hope he can study in a caring and supportive school in the new school year!
btw, can u pm me the name of that DSS school? I will not recommend to my sister's son who will soon apply for P1.

Thanks

原文章由 chanpa 於 08-7-20 21:15 發表

多謝大家支持,大家的眼睛是雪亮的。

作者: iwff    時間: 08-7-21 08:55

chanpa,

希望你小朋友在新學校很快適應, 有更好的成長。我估計你小朋友讀的DSS School 是在沙田的。

iwff

原文章由 BillieBug 於 08-7-20 23:48 發表
chanpa,

Really feel sorry to learn how that school ill-treated your son and hope he can study in a caring and supportive school in the new school year!
btw, can u pm me the name of that DSS school?  ...

作者: Reximom    時間: 08-7-21 09:49

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: Charlotte_mom    時間: 08-7-21 09:59

其實要搵答案好易的, 善用bk function, 按粒制就有clues了

chanpa,
好明白你既煩惱, 我都有個朋友e甥仔有阿氏保加, 今年升中派位, 佢父母擔心得不得了, 怕佢去左間新學校情緒又受困擾......好彩個媽咪"身經百戰", 最後主動去見新中學校長, 傾完放心多了
祝你小朋友有個愉快既新校園生活
原文章由 chanpa 於 08-7-20 09:15 PM 發表
多謝大家支持,大家的眼睛是雪亮的。

作者: BB頭maimimi    時間: 08-7-21 11:33

衷心希望你囝囝可以有一個開心的學校生活,其實以特別需要的小朋友父母來說,要找一間適會學校讀書真係好困難,如果無你將囝囝的事post出黎,我諗好多小朋友都要經歷囝囝的惡夢。
作者: HeiKiBaBa    時間: 08-7-21 19:58

Hi Chanpa

Please PM me the school making you suffered a lot!

Many Thanks!
作者: breefan    時間: 08-7-21 20:56

PLEASE note that mine is a question NOT a guess!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is not fair either now, because it seems that ALL DSS schools are labelled as "bad" school.

原文章由 Charlotte_mom 於 08-7-20 19:06 發表
PLEASE唔好亂估, 港同成績表根本無conduct呢一樣野

作者: huayan    時間: 08-7-21 22:41

What's the meaning of knowing his previous school name ? chanpa stated that they sent out so many letters but only one school accepts their application. That means the popular situation is most of the schools will not accept such kind of pupil.

I think knowing his current school name is much important.
作者: TomDog    時間: 08-7-22 00:42

(嘆息) 是的, 除了少數由傳統轉做直資的名校,  直資新校的認受性是很低的。

囡囡考小一, narrow down左一兩間直資。 我有親友問她一個在職小學老師朋友, 邊一間好, 得到的意見竟然是: "個小朋友正唔正常? 讀書跟唔跟到上?  正常就讀傳統學校啦, 個d學校係專俾d有問題的去讀, 好似過度活躍症, 同人相處有問題呀咁..." 也有家長朋友同老公說: "乜你咁縱個女呀, 俾佢讀間咁easy的學校?"

別人說什麼, 不會輕易動搖自己多次分析後作的決定, 不過, 聽完也多少有d唔開心。

我說的完全是題外話, 不好意思。

原文章由 breefan 於 08-7-21 20:56 發表
PLEASE note that mine is a question NOT a guess!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is not fair either now, because it seems that ALL DSS schools are labelled as "bad" school.

[ 本文章最後由 TomDog 於 08-7-22 00:50 編輯 ]
作者: rookiemom    時間: 08-7-22 10:06

I feel very angry when I read your post, that 'school' is definitely not a good school, they didn't even try to help but hurt student and their parents' feeling, shame on them!!

Wish your son settle well in his new school!

原文章由 chanpa 於 08-7-20 21:15 發表

多謝大家支持,大家的眼睛是雪亮的。

作者: TINGMUM    時間: 08-7-22 11:11

CHANPA,

你仔仔很好彩, 有肯聽他說話分享因由的父母. 如學校沒有心或能力去幫助你仔仔個案, 再留下去只會害了仔仔, 又苦了該校. 轉新校是一個明智的決定. 希望在與新校良好的溝通下, 你仔仔在校有多些支援關心, 只要家校合作, 愛心, 關心, 專業人士支援加耐性, 一步步地, 相信你仔仔的問題會一天天地見到改善!  , 為你地打氣,請加油!
作者: clmom    時間: 08-7-22 12:39

chanpa

我知道由於DSS開辦時,校長一定推出許多抱負及計劃來吸引家長,但實行時出現了許多問題,加上許多老師都沒有經驗去處理,學校更沒有支援,令許多家長不單投訴無門,真是有苦自己知,苦了家長之餘更四處找學校,身心疲勞,並擔心小朋友為轉校再適應新環境煩惱.
身為現今家長實不輕易, ,不過終有一天會守得雲開見月明的.

我相信你的小朋友一定有美好的明天!
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-7-22 19:03     標題: 回覆 #1 clmom 的文章

Hi Clmom

全中。當日,參加了簡報會,被吸引了。
結果下錯注,輸得很慘,害了兒子。

按語:假、大、空,回頭是岸。
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-7-25 00:33

Hi every mums

I remembered that the Headmistress considered that A grade was excellent, B grade was good, C grade was satisfactory and D grade meant needed improvement in the appeal meeting.

The Headmistress considered that my son's conduct was not satisfactory but he needed improvement.  Therefore, she gave him grade D+ in conduct.

I thought she was crazy and 無料 to handle my son.  A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C,and C- also needed improvement.  She cannot make a positive way to look at my son but is very defensive to find faults on my son.

Furthermore, my son got prizes on Mandarin and Mathematics in the name of the school.  The school posted these on its website which seemed that the school trained him.  In fact, I employed a private Mandarin teacher for my son and attended twenty hours training course outside for Mathematics.  Why did not the school add conduct marks for my son (為校爭光 )?

I shall take action to the school and the running organisation to 還 亞仔公道.

Thank you for all support and concern in this issue.
作者: C.F.    時間: 08-8-5 03:16

Dear Chanpa,

I knew how you feel, I think your son was in the same class with my kid .  
            At the beginning in grade 2 when the school was newly started.  I'd heard about your son's behaviour.  At that time I was one of the parent who did worried about my kid might got hurt. I apologize for my worried.
            But later , I went to participate in the  class when that year the former pincipal  let parents to watch how our children did in the class.(But this year  parents can only watched the video instead.)
          Anyway, I sat in the back ,and I was impressed by your son. Because he is the smartest boy in the class. Also, he was the one make the whole class so active to answer teacher's question.  I was amazed that his knowledge is beyond that grade.  He is the normal kid to what I know of.  To what I'd heard and what I'd saw . I'd came out a conclusion to myself that the boy lost temper might just because somone or something cause him lost temper.  Since then, I told my kid be nice and friendly to him and I knew I don't need to worry about my kid might get hurt anymore. Because he is harmless. He is nice.

This year ,I went to school and met your son a few times.  And I'd talk to him . He was so nice and have conversation with me. He is the lovely kid to what I know of.
And I'm so glad, because I haven't heard any lost temper case out from him. I knew he is improving . And I feel sorry for my kid lost such a good classmate.
          I found out the common mistake we make which is chose this school to our kids.  
               I should change school for my kid too. So, it is wise for you to find another school for your son.  you are a good parent.
               I 'm always worrying my kid is not a outstanding student and didn't get any prize for the school .  He is only a normal student doesn't like competition. Sooner or later, they might tell my kid to find another school.

Other  parents should find out this school and think about it before made a decision for their kids.  

On the other hand, I also want to know the new school your son going to.  I need to keep in mind , might need that in the future.  Never know what might happen .

Now, I'm  looking forward someone will come around and do some change and keep the promises which were made when the school was newly started.

Best wishes for your family !!
作者: rookiemom    時間: 08-8-5 15:03

I feel very lucky that my son did not apply to this school
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-8-11 03:52

原文章由 C.F. 於 08-8-5 03:16 發表
Dear Chanpa,

I knew how you feel, I think your son was in the same class with my kid .  
            At the beginning in grade 2 when the school was newly started.  I'd heard about your s ...

Dear CF

Don't worry about your kid.  I think that those chosen by the previous chief principal are good students who had special talents/potentials.

I experienced that 活動在學校, 教學在家中。  But youhave no guideline at home.  So you have to teach your kid at home i.e. to train him to be traditional one.  

All the school promise is empty. (自求多福)  Don't you see that there is a psychologist, a social worker, two teachers in a class but so called mentor only in this year? (有的像賣仔) With some unknown/hidden political reasons, the psychologist, who had serious conflict with the primary headmistress in 2007, was transferred to the secondary school and he never took a notice on the primary school students in this year.  Previously, the psychologist held good parent lectures but now the parent lectures were contracted out.  This psychologist was also resigned this year and the school employed a new psychologist.

I suggest that your kid should do extra exercises for future use/preparation.  I teach my son with the guidelines of the book, 孩子的成功來自媽媽 1%的改變, 張炳惠博士著。  It teaches how to make the son study on a table and to increase the study time.  In other words, it teaches the son to increase his attention span.  

In the classroom, the study atmosphere is not good.  So you should train your son by yourself.  The other class XB is much worse than XA.  XB is more confused(亂).  You can see in the video for 觀課.  In addition, many teachers left the school this year, which  brought the continuity problem.

I heard from a parent that a P.6 student coming from a traditional primary school studied in F.1 in this school.  This student became more relax in F.1 and now he was promoted to F.2.  How can this student makes a competition with outside students when sitting for public examination?  Secondly, I heard another direct subsidy school requests many not up-to-standard students to repeat.  Thirdly, I heard that a parent was disappointed to the book list of the secondary school as the books are easy.   

Work hard for your kid. (1%聰明, 99%勤力, 沒有不勞而獲)  The school said that the school has taught the students all at school and the parents just played with the students at home.  Don't worry about the revision.  (邊有禁 數)  
          We support all together.  If you have any problem/question, please PM me and I shall call you back.
作者: Pufferfish    時間: 08-8-11 11:33

I'm glad that my son did not enter that "Kowloon university" affiliated primary school !!!

Add oil chanpa!
作者: 837    時間: 08-8-14 18:20

Dear chanpa,

Congratulations to both you and your son.

As I am applying for P1 for my son, could you please tell me the names of your son's old and new schools?

Thanks very much for your help.
作者: GGmonster    時間: 08-8-28 14:28

I have a mixed feeling after viewing this thread.  My son studies in it too.  So far, I don't have major issue with it, and my husband and I do play with my son mostly at home and haven't spent much time on doing homework or revision.  I don't know if my son will become less competitve than other students in traditional schools because of that...

Last year, there were two classmates of my son that have behavorial problems.  One other classmate got hurt badly during one incident and was on wheelchair for a month.  As a parent, I have to admit that I did worried once that my son might be the next to get hurt - his pants got a hole cut by one of the boys but he didn't get hurt.  I guess it's also hard for the teacher to handle the very active students.  My son said the class discipline is very poor.  I hope there will be improvement this year.
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-10-5 01:34

Dear all kind baby-kingdom ma,

My son starts the new P.4 in a traditional school.  He has one Chinese dictation and one English dictation in each learning cycle.  Each dictation is equal to the total amount of the previous DSS at least three months.  My son now got good marks in dictations and I am busy at closely monitoring his study.  In September, he got a Chinese assessment and a Mathematics assessment.  Luckily, he passed them.  I am confident that he will be better later.  He is now working hard.  In the past one month, I do not receive any complaint from the school whose classmates and teachers are good.  The students there pay much effort on study but not paying trick on other students.  My son sounds that he loves this school very much and does not lose his temper so far.  

What happened after the first case conference after Chinese New Year 08.  The DSS student guidance teacher (SGT) referred my son to the Educational Psychologist of Education Bureau but not his so called educational psychologist in DSS.  But it was too late.  The Educational Psychologist of Educational Bureau interviewed with me, my wife and SGT to collect the basic information.  Then, a second case conference with English teacher, Mathematics teacher, SGT, Educational Psychologist, Educational Psychologist student, two senior staff of Educational Bureau, my wife and I was held.  In fact, after the first meeting with Educational Psychologist, I request the assistance of Educational Bureau for the change of school.  After finishing the final examination in July, a third case conference was held before summer holiday.  This was just a round up meeting with the classteacher, Mathematics teacher, SGT, Educational Psychologist, my wife and I.  Where is the headmistress and the female discipline master?  Are they scared?  Do they avoid seeing us for the bad conduct?  Before that, I did not pay the school deposit for the next school year.  I have strong desire to leave this evil DSS no matter where my son goes to study.

After March, this is only SGT to handle the case.  I receive no concern from the chief Principal, headmistress and female discipline master.  When my wife and I met them in the school, the headmistress and this female discipline master just walked away. (如同陌路人)  We were just transparent.  I write them for an appeal.  Yet, the school authority is very scared and does not write back to me with a good reason.   

In this year, this DSS receives no new student in P.4.  Totally, three students of previous 3A, including a student whose parent was a member of Parent Teacher Association, left the school and one repeated.  Of course, this parent knows more school information than me.  It is understandable why this parent chooses to leave this school.  The last student left DSS with his younger sibling.

I read from a newspaper last week and in the website.  A parent wrote to the newspaper to praise this DSS and many good comments were posted in the internet.  But this is only P.1 parent but not P.2, P.3, P.4 and P.5.  Where are these parents?  Do P.1 parents know the outside primary standard?  If the parents lastly sent their kids to study abroad, OK you stay at DSS.  Otherwise, you should think carefully.  (不做白老鼠) Once you start your child in this DSS, it is very difficulty to get out of this DSS.  你想逃,你要有好身手。

This is the end of a sad story of a boy with special learning difficulties.  

Thank you for those reading my messages and those support my son and I.
作者: eemay    時間: 08-10-5 08:16

Hi! Chanpa,

I'm glad to know your son is doing well in the new school.
Keep it up!!
We all support you!!
原帖由 chanpa 於 08-10-5 01:34 發表
Dear all kind baby-kingdom ma,
My son starts the new P.4 in a traditional school.  He has one Chinese dictation and one English dictation in each learning cycle.  Each dictation is equal to the total  ...

作者: mattsmum    時間: 08-10-5 12:38

this book may be useful for you.

Boys Adrift浮萍男孩:發現男生缺乏動機的因素,再造獨立負責的男兒本色

男孩的成長需要適當的教育與引導
──洪蘭

以前我做學生時,班上沒有一個同學是過動或注意力缺失,現在幾乎每一班都至少有一個,有的班還高到四、五個。頑皮的孩子自古至今都有,男生沒有調過皮、挨過打,好像就不可能長大,但是皮到要帶去給醫生看、要吃藥,好像是沒有。所以這個注意力缺失過動症(Attention-Deficit and Hyperactive Disorder, ADHD)就變成了二十一世紀非常引人注目的疾病。本書作者是個家醫科醫生,又在賓州大學念到心理學的博士學位,手邊有臨床門診的資料,又有作研究的訓練,加上「好奇」是人的本性,他就開始去研究為什麼本世紀有麼多過動/注意力缺失的孩子,而且為什麼男生居多。

疾病是不分性別一律肆虐的,如果分性別,那麼可能有基因上的原因,使某個性別容易受疾病的侵害;也可能有社會的因素,對某個性別特別不利,所以值得研究。他發現真正應該吃藥的過動兒不多,許多是誤診,吃了不該吃的藥,因為父母的期待和老師、醫生的方便(沒有父母能接受我的孩子功課不好是他比較笨的關係,如果是疾病,那麼父母顏面沒有失,畢竟人要生病是沒有辦法的事;服了藥,孩子安靜下來,可以坐在課堂上聽講了,對老師是個很大的精神壓力解脫;很多醫生是只要病人不抱怨,老師、父母都要求用藥時,開了藥皆大歡喜,所以治標的各種藥物就越開越多了)。但是基本上,這是鋸箭療傷的方式,並不能解決問題,本書的作者在門診繁忙之餘,費心找出該現象的社會原因,解除孩子的痛苦,是很令人敬佩的。

過動/注意力缺失是男孩、女孩都有的毛病,為何本書只偏重男生的現象和發生原因呢?這是因為男生情況比較嚴重,先從嚴重的救起。在大腦的發展上男生成熟得比女生慢。美國國家衛生研究院(NIH)曾經做過一個大型的大腦發展造影研究,掃描了一千七百多個從幼稚園到青春期孩子的大腦,結果發現男生與女生在大腦不同區域成熟的順序和時間不同。一般來說,女生早熟,甚至可以早到兩年的差距,所以有些六年級的女生看起來像高中生,有些國二的男生看起來像五年級小學生。最近比較人類學的基因研究發現男生與公黑猩猩有百分之九九•四的基因相同,比與人類女性的共同基因還多一些。所以男生在看、聽、嗅覺方面與公黑猩猩的相似性大於人類的女性。這一點對了解性別差異很重要,男女在處理事情上的不同是來自大腦結構與神經迴路活化上所造成的功能上的不同。

在台灣談性別差異是件危險的事,我曾因為談到男女在同一件事的處理上大腦有不同之處,而被猛烈攻擊,甚至黑函說我政治不正確。但是在實驗上的確有看到差異,所以必須要講。其實每個人有每個人擅長的地方,真正的男女平等應該是每個人去做每個人擅長的事,不論它是刻板的男生的事或刻板的女生的事。法律要保障的是機會的平等和薪水的平等。作者也看到了男女大腦上的不同,所以他認為男生需要適合男生天性的課程表,從他們的長處切入,去開啟教導他們的心智。他說男生需要常常去戶外活動,在大自然中觀察,從實際動手操作中學習(其實女性也是需要)。如果孩子花很多時間在電腦螢幕前面而不在戶外,會有所謂的「文化自閉症」(Cultural Autism),最後形成被孤立、牽制、阻遏的那種「隧道感官」感覺(Tunneled Senses),他們抓不到概念或問題的重心。因此,從本書中,你可以強烈感覺到作者贊成男女分校或分班,男生需要競爭才會有動機。作者舉了很多例子來支持他的看法。我來自女校,回想自己的成長過程,我承認他講的有道理。

由於全球競爭激烈,每個父母都希望孩子及早學習,忘記了學習有「成熟」這個條件。現在幼稚園做的是小學一年級的工作,美國從幼稚園開始教認字、寫字(台灣也是),假如男生成熟的慢,還不能讀和寫,這時,他會討厭上學,因為上學是挫折,是去做一件他能力還做不到的事。其實北歐很多學校是七歲才啟蒙上學,他們的國力發展也沒有比我們五歲就學寫字的差。太早要求孩子去做他還沒有準備好、還未成熟到可以做的事,對孩子的身心都不好。

讀者可以想像馬路上有個裂縫,大人一腳就跨過去了,孩子則必須蹲下來爬過去,爬時還得戰戰兢兢,生怕掉下去。但是等孩子長大一點,腳步變寬時,他也一步就跨過去了。小時候看希臘神話金羊毛(Golden Fleece)的電影,巨人一腳就跨過了博斯普魯斯海峽;或是《格列佛遊記》裡的格列佛一把就把船抓起來,多麼輕而易舉。看到台灣的父母,孩子才三歲兩個月就送去學功文數學,真讓我心痛。這本書有很多篇幅是為了這樣的父母寫的,作者從大腦的觀點來勸告父母不要揠苗助長,每個人大腦的成熟時間不一樣,大腦同一區塊男女成熟的時間也不一樣,不必心急,晚一年上學沒有所謂的面子問題,幼稚園本來就是個學習與別人相處的遊戲地方,沒有「被當掉」的面子問題。

至於為什麼白人小孩被診斷為ADHD的比例高,這是社會偏見的關係。一個白人小孩拿到C,而老師認為他應該拿A,老師就會懷疑他是不是注意力有缺失,上課沒有好好聽,回家沒有好好做功課;但是假如一個黑人或墨西哥孩子拿到C,老師可能認為他是能力所限,無法拿到更好的成績,就不會建議父母帶孩子去找醫生開藥。作者坦承美國有很多人,包括黑人老師在內,仍是對白人孩子有較高的期待,他們會認為這個白人小孩沒有發揮出他的潛能,應該尋求改進方法。想不到這反而使不需要服藥的白人孩子服了藥,變成白人ADHD的機率比黑人高出了許多。這也許是種族歧視者前所未料的吧!

那麼,如果孩子不是過動/注意力缺失,為什麼吃了藥就安靜下來,學習就進步了呢?麻省理工學院蓋伯瑞利教授的實驗回答了這個問題。蓋伯瑞利真是神通廣大,能得到父母的同意,給正常的孩子吃注意力缺失過動症的藥;他也得到病童父母同意,暫時給注意力缺失過動症的孩子停藥。他在這段期間測試兒童,看他們在有藥、無藥的情況下學習的情形。結果發現藥物會增進正常兒童的學習,增進的強度與有注意力缺失過動症的兒童的程度一模一樣。這些藥物都是促使大腦中血清張素的濃度增加,而血清張素跟記憶、注意力、動機都有直接的關係,難怪過動/注意力缺失的誤診率這麼高。很多人都認為吃了藥有效,就一定是這個病,其實不見得。路上很多人打傘時,陰溝的水會漲高,但是那是因為下雨的關係,雨水才是真正的原因,打傘只是個表象。

現在許多家長很短視,只要孩子功課好,什麼都可以犧牲。既然吃了藥記憶力會好,為何不給他吃?他們會要求醫生開藥。最近動物的研究發現這些藥物會影響大腦,尤其是伏隔核,會使動物失去動機:肚子餓,食物放在面前懶得吃,連敵人來都懶得逃命。在人類身上也看到同樣情形,最近腦造影研究發現,七到十四歲的男生如果玩太多電玩會影響伏隔核和背側前額葉皮質(DLPFC)的平衡,伏隔核是把動機和驅力送到DLPFC去,DLPFC再給這個驅力回饋報酬的目標和情境,這兩個區域密切合作,這個人就有動機,朝真實世界的目標前進。但是如果電玩遊戲將血液引入伏隔核,使DLPFC的血流量減少,這時電玩遊戲本身就給了孩子達到目的的回饋報酬,而這回饋報酬並沒有連接到真實的世界,所以他們對真實世界的成就不再感興趣。電玩刺激大腦的伏隔核區就跟吸食古柯鹼所影響的地方一樣,所以電玩會上癮。

其實男生和女生真的有不同,從孩子的行為上就可以看出。我和我妹妹都曾到動物收養中心去領養過流浪貓,我妹妹的兩個女兒會替貓洗澡,用洗衣籃替牠佈置一個溫暖的窩;我的兒子就把貓塞到他的T恤裡假裝他在懷孕,結果貓逃出來時,在他胸前狠狠留下五道血爪印。男生闖了禍不敢說,等我替他洗澡時才發現,他怕我罵,還一直說不痛、不痛。

男孩並不會因長大就自動變成男人,他們需要被教導、被引導,需要藉由各種挑戰證明給別人看,他的身體、心智都已成熟,可以脫離父母保護,獨當一面,他才算成年。年齡跟成熟之間不是等號關係,古人十六歲弱冠,變成大人,現在十六歲男生還要媽媽叫起床才不會遲到,不但不能謀生養家,每天還要跟家裡拿零用錢。

男孩需要磨練才能成為男人,我很贊成作者說的讓孩子去勞動服務,從流汗中學到做為一個男人是什麼意思,當你自己可以種出米來吃,蓋出房子來住時,你就知道你可以獨當一面了。所以電視廣告說喝了某個牌子的啤酒才是真正的男人,勞動服務過的孩子知道不對,真正的男人跟喝什麼牌子的啤酒無關,跟你有無能力去服務別人有關係。

本書最好的地方是作者在指出所有造成孩子沒有動機的因素後,最後給父母指出一條生路,建議父母可以怎麼做去改變孩子,讓孩子重拾動機。他在書中所提的方法都很簡單,只要有心,便可以做到的:如盡量帶孩子去跟大自然接觸,在他背青蛙的解剖圖之前,先知道什麼是青蛙,並且摸過青蛙,玩過蝌蚪。作者說內布拉斯加的學校不再用紙筆測驗來評估小學生對電流的知識,而是要他們自己組裝一個電迴路,如果組裝正確,那麼迴路板上的馬達就會動,鈴聲就會響。孩子從鈴聲中,不但得到他的自信心,還確實把電流的知識學進去了。作者的話使我想起李家同教授對台灣電機系學生的批評,或許新任教育部長真的應該好好看一下這本書。

另外,作者建議父母一定要用心替孩子找一個適合他的學校,學校跟孩子的契合實在太重要了,孩子一天有八個小時在學校生活,如果老師的教學、校長的理念不適合他,而他必須每天去受八個小時的罪,實在太可憐了。很多時候,適合哥哥的學校,對弟弟可能不合。我很贊成德國人的話:「沒有什麼天氣叫不好,只有合不合適的衣服。」

作者特別強調不讓孩子走上歧路,必須替他指出另一條可行的路,行為才會改善。這點真是台灣父母最常犯的錯誤,我們常懶得說理,都用權威的命令方式說話:「我告訴你不行就是不行」,使得孩子陽奉陰違、親子關係疏離。其實教養孩子是個藝術,材料不同,雕刻的方法就不同,逆著樹紋雕刻會糟蹋了好木頭。教養孩子絕對不是科學,科學有重複性,甲做成功,乙用同樣方式也會成功,但是教養孩子不是,別人孩子打罵會成材,你家孩子打罵會離家出走,不可東施效顰,以免誤了孩子的一生。

教育是要為學生出社會做準備,父母千萬要有開闊的胸襟,要多看書,了解社會變遷,了解世界新潮流對孩子的要求,然後依照孩子天性,指引他一條他會快樂成長的人生道路。

編輯推薦
缺乏動機的男孩,需要師長家長適當的教育與引導!
作者Leonard Sax是家醫科醫生,也是心理學博士,在「好奇」心的驅使下,他開始研究為什麼廿一世紀有那麼多過動/注意力缺失的孩子,而且通常以男生居多。他研究之後發現社會和生物兩方面因素的共同影響,是造成男孩像浮萍一樣到處漂泊,缺乏動機和目標最主要的原因,這其中包括了學校和教育方式的改變、電玩遊戲取代其他娛樂活動、環境雌激素干擾內分泌平衡、流行文化對男性氣概的貶抑……在明確指出所有造成孩子缺乏動機的因素後,最後還建議父母可以怎麼做去改變孩子:盡量帶孩子去跟大自然接觸,並用心替孩子找一個適合他的學校,讓孩子可以重拾動機。

[ 本帖最後由 mattsmum 於 08-10-5 12:40 編輯 ]
作者: 3lamma    時間: 08-10-5 14:13

Thank you for your sharing!

Strongly agree the quote below :
'教育是要為學生出社會做準備,父母千萬要有開闊的胸襟,要多看書,了解社會變遷,了解世界新潮流對孩子的要求,然後依照孩子天性,指引他一條他會快樂成長的人生道路。'

有時真的無需在爭辯或用很憤怒的角度的處理學生/孩子的學習問題. 現在我們正在equip孩子作'未來的成人', 誰敢說誰的方法是最好?東方西方抄來抄去, 例如以前說不用再學三字經等中國文學,台灣王財貴教授說我們素質下跌是人家(外國人)好的不學, 反學了人家不好的東西, 自己中國人的寶卻不去研究反捨棄了, 所以不要怪現在的青少年是怎樣不好, 欠素質, 現在外國也在研究中學的學生是怎學習...很奇怪的....有時大人真是要費點心思去找到自己孩子合適的學校及教學方法, 便是最好了, 看回也不會後悔! 很高興chanpa已為孩子確定了路線.

這校總校長已換了, 我覺得curriculum的opening speech很感動, 希望明天會更好.
作者: GGmonster    時間: 08-10-6 15:23

This sounds a good book!

Since I was carrying my child 8 years ago, I started to read a lot of parenting books and articles on the web.  After such intensive reading, my conclusion is that: books are good source of info, yet, best parenting is 盡信書不如無書.  I'm not saying we shouldn't trust books or the "experts", I'm saying after learning the foundamental of parenting, the best is to trust yourself.  So, now my philosophy is as 李天命 saying: 順其自然, 順其不自然.

I agree that 仇恨 is not necessary.  放過別人, 放過自己, you will feel that life is much happier.

There is no best school, and I trust there is no evil school.  If you find a school best suit your child, that's your luck and just teasure it!

Best wishes!
作者: clmom    時間: 08-10-6 18:09     標題: 明天會更好

chanpa,

聽說你兒子這麼快就適應新學校, 相信你的心也踏實了許多呢!

俗語說經一事長一智,人生需要面對許多考驗及經歷, 才發揮自己小宇宙. 當然, 我們身為家長,當決定要生兒育女時,希望將最好給予他們, 但有時遇到並不是我們所能控制.

我和女兒近期一起看"家好月圓" 並一 起討論當中的人物角色, 女兒從這套劇集領略到"一個謊言" 終於有一天不單會被人釋破, 更害了自己.

chanpa, 不要再為那些事情耿耿於懷, 應慶幸自己及早離場, 否則控制權就不在你手中, 對嗎?

明天會更好!

clmom
作者: conniengor    時間: 08-10-7 15:14

Pls pm me the school name@! And whcih school your son study now!
作者: JustinJustin    時間: 08-10-7 19:10

Chanpa,
keep up. Your son is lucky, because he has very good parents.  

My son is in K3, I don't like this school, without love. Please pm me the school name, and which school your son study now.

THX
原帖由 chanpa 於 08-7-17 01:17 發表
My son studied P.1 in a private traditional school.  I found him having problems of losing his temper, losing his belongings, not tiding up his belongings, running out of the classroom and not doing p ...

作者: llcathy2004    時間: 08-10-8 06:16

77777 & chanpa,
can u pm me the name of the bad ^& good school your son is studying now? thx.
原帖由 JustinJustin 於 08-10-7 19:10 發表
Chanpa,
keep up. Your son is lucky, because he has very good parents.  

My son is in K3, I don't like this school, without love. Please pm me the school name, and which school your son study now.

TH ...

作者: hinhinmami    時間: 08-10-8 09:36

I would like to know too. Please pm me the school names (both former and current ones). Thanks so much!
原帖由 llcathy2004 於 08-10-8 06:16 發表
77777 & chanpa,
can u pm me the name of the bad ^& good school your son is studying now? thx.

作者: 幼兒媽媽    時間: 08-10-8 10:05     標題: A luck to escape from a direct subsidy school

Hi Chanpa,

My son is studying K-3 and I am so trouble to choose a suitable primary school for him because he has the similar case as your son. My son shows good academic result but he is very poor on the EQ. His teachers in Kingdergarten and other extra activities reflected to me that he has disability on social skill.  
I have the same feeling as you. I hope you could pm me the school names of previous and existing. Thank you very much.
作者: misschoy    時間: 08-10-8 11:24

原帖由 幼兒媽媽 於 08-10-8 10:05 發表
Hi Chanpa,

My son is studying K-3 and I am so trouble to choose a suitable primary school for him because he has the similar case as your son. My son shows good academic result but he is very poor on ...

Chanpa,
Seems your son's previous studied DSS primary school likedly look as my 1st choice for my daughter, pls kindly pm the name to me, then I have to think about my choice again.
作者: 幼兒媽媽    時間: 08-10-8 15:35     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

Hi Chanpa,

My son is studying K-3 and he is confimred to have social problem after consulting the 教育心理學家 so I am  trouble to choose a suitable primary school for him. Please pm me the previous school names and the existing school name. Thank you very much.
作者: Png    時間: 08-10-9 11:14     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

"I agree that 仇恨 is not necessary.  放過別人, 放過自己, you will feel that life is much happier.

There is no best school, and I trust there is no evil school.  If you find a school best suit your child, that's your luck and just teasure it!"

Yes, totally agree with this.  Just "forgive" and "forget" the school, for the sake of your son.  He should be enjoying his new school life now. Just help him release from hatred and learn how to think positive. This is much more important to this talented child.
作者: mattsmum    時間: 08-10-9 13:47     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

"仇恨 is not necessary.  放過別人, 放過自己"

do we also say this to 雷曼苦主?

if money is important, so is children's feeling.
作者: Cookie-Monster    時間: 08-10-9 22:54     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

Hi, Chanpa,
My son is studying in P1, and I receive so much complaints from the teachers too. I feel worry that he may have some social problems. Would you please PM me the name of the school that your son is studying? Thanks a lot!
作者: pink-l    時間: 08-10-9 23:41

Hi Chanpa,

Glad to know your son starts a new page and hope he will have a bright and happy study life.  

Can you page me the DSS school and yr current school name?
作者: baby_so    時間: 08-10-10 15:09

Hi, Chanpa,

My son has the same problem and he is now in K.3.  Grateful if you could PM the names of the DDS and the current school to me.  Please.
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-10-23 01:23

原帖由 mattsmum 於 08-10-5 12:38 發表
this book may be useful for you.

Boys Adrift浮萍男孩:發現男生缺乏動機的因素,再造獨立負責的男兒本色

男孩的成長需要適當的教育與引導
──洪蘭

以前我做學生時,班上沒有一個同學是過動或注意力缺失,現在幾乎每 ...

I have bought this book but I am busy at teaching my son as he has assessments in October and examination in November.  He usually has English and Chinese dictations once a week.  Fortunately, he adjusts well in the school.  At least, I receive no complaint from the school.
作者: bblaw    時間: 08-10-23 19:51

原帖由 chanpa 於 08-10-23 01:23 發表

I have bought this book but I am busy at teaching my son as he has assessments in October and examination in November.  He usually has English and Chinese dictations once a week.  Fortunately, he ad ...

Can u pm the name of school for me, I am fraid of this
作者: 1:99    時間: 08-10-25 17:36

Chanpa,

Would you please PM me the name of the Old and current school of your son. Thank.
作者: catharinelaw    時間: 08-10-28 18:52

Can you PM to me for the schools?  I also want to find a school that helps SEN kids.  Also, can you advise which is the P2 adn P3 school?  I'm considering some DSS for my son.
作者: SamYi    時間: 08-10-31 17:18     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

Hi Chanpa,

Congruation that you can find a suitable school for your son.  I also have simialr problem for my son.

Grateful if you can page me the DSS school and yr current school name?
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-11-8 06:19

This week, my son gets merit on grade four piano examination.  I am very happy as he passed grade two piano examination in last time.  I think he will do better if he can play more slowly.  I support and encourage him to practise the piano.  Through the piano training, he learns to pay attention and slows down his motion.  But it takes time to practise.

This Saturday, he will sit for Mandarin examination of GAPSK.  I hope he will have satisfactory results.

I am glad that the teachers do not call me in the past two months.  I think the teacher's tolerance and classmates' acceptance are very important.  My son plays chess in the recess time and no one calls his nickname.  Next week, he will have the mid-term examination.  A war is coming.

Sometimes, he loses his temper because of his rigid and stubborn thinking.  I try to comprise and share with him.
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-11-9 23:14

原帖由 mattsmum 於 08-10-9 13:47 發表
"仇恨 is not necessary.  放過別人, 放過自己"

do we also say this to 雷曼苦主?

if money is important, so is children's feeling.

It may be called as 雷曼DSS.  (抵押品是一張白紙,甚麼都沒有。)  DSS promises everything but does little thing or nothing.  As time passes by, you will see her real picture.

On 9.11.2008, I saw a girl, who ranked the first in last P.3 of that DSS, when my son attended GAPSK examination (港澳地區中小學普通話水平考試).  Surely, this examination is extra for my son and this girl.

This girl works hard and studies more than the DSS requirement.  ie by self-learning as well as her parents support.

No matter what your student studies, your student should study hard.  (自強不息,挑戰自己)

School is only supplementary.  The parents are really the children's life teacher.
作者: Charlotte_mom    時間: 08-11-10 10:40

學琴有用嗎? 我細仔集中力非常差, 其實我覺得佢音樂感唔錯的, 家姐彈既歌佢可以唱返晒出黎(唔係兒歌, 係3級歌eg卡門果d), 我地玩, 教佢彈"登登登燉"(命運交響曲頭4個音, 雙手彈), 佢好快就識自己彈
可能個天係公平吧! 語言方面弱左, 就o係音樂方面補償返....
但我又怕琴老師頂佢唔順(而家我女個老師算後生+好脾氣), 以及我仔無心機坐定學基本功, 可否分享一下你仔仔初學既情形?
作者: phchan    時間: 08-11-10 18:05

Hi Chanpa,

Congruation that you can find a suitable school for your son and thanks for your sharing.

Can you page me the DSS school and yr current school name?

thx

原帖由 chanpa 於 08-11-9 23:14 發表

It may be called as 雷曼DSS.  (抵押品是一張白紙,甚麼都沒有。)  DSS promises everything but does little thing or nothing.  As time passes by, you will see her real picture.

On 9.11.2008, I saw a gir ...

作者: conniengor    時間: 08-11-10 18:20

恭喜你! 好高興聽到你終於揾到間合適嘅學校比你個仔! 佢真係好叻4級琴仲merit添! 我個女依加3級都無, 學在4年綱琴, 唉!
作者: mattsmum    時間: 08-11-10 18:23     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

i treasure children's feeling. their emotional experience in childhood will be with them for a long time. so I think as children, they should be given the opportunity to feel good in school.
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-11-10 23:57

原帖由 Charlotte_mom 於 08-11-10 10:40 發表

學琴有用嗎? 我細仔集中力非常差, 其實我覺得佢音樂感唔錯的, 家姐彈既歌佢可以唱返晒出黎(唔係兒歌, 係3級歌eg卡門果d), 我地玩, 教佢彈"登登登燉"(命運交響曲頭4個音, 雙手彈), 佢好快就識自己彈
可能個天係公平吧 ...

My son learnt to play the piano at K.2.  In P.1, he passed grade two.  In fact, it is quite boring to play the examination songs and scales.  Sometimes, he does not like to play and plays in very fast on his own way.  Setting the regular time schedule and playing with his favourite song will help him playing the piano more.  Just encourage him to play the piano slowly first.  Increasing the practising time a little and a little.  Furthermore, you can encourage him to sit for open competition for knowing other people's standard.

Keep going and making it become his habit where he gets satisfaction.  The son has to work hard before his success.  No free lunch for success.  Good intelligence is helpful in the junior class while he has to work hard in the senior class starting from P.3.  For example, a gifted child does not study Chinese History and how can he get distinction in this subject.  One way is to work hard.  Don't protect the child or don't spoil the child.  The child has to learn from failure for success.  When the parents think that the child cannot do this or that, this child of course cannot do this or that.
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-11-14 00:28

終於考完試,希望他能有好成績。
但可能是奢望,因他在舊校渾渾噩噩。

不要多想,努力向前;接納、鼓勵、找長處、忍讓。
作者: youma    時間: 08-11-15 20:48

原帖由 chanpa 於 08-11-9 23:14 發表

On 9.11.2008, I saw a gir ...

Could you advise how to prepare for GAPSK exam?
Any recommendations on books, school and teacher?
Thanks
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-11-15 23:23     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

My son just finished the writing test last Saturday and oral test today.

GAPSK is divided into two parts:
-writing test
-oral test

You can visit www.gapak.org and click 課程夥伴 to find some information of a tutorial centre.
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-11-15 23:33     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

You can buy three books, 練習及模擬試題, 應試指南, 實戰練習 by 漢語出版 for GAPSK.
作者: Charlotte_mom    時間: 08-11-16 13:50

thanks indeed!
我女學琴我都無點迫佢的, 我同佢講, 總之pass到, 下次老師教新野就得了(次次repeat佢都悶啦.....)比賽考試, 等時機成熟至講啦(係, 練考試真係悶到喊)

原帖由 chanpa 於 08-11-10 11:57 PM 發表
My son learnt to play the piano at K.2.  In P.1, he passed grade two.  In fact, it is quite boring to play the examination songs and scales.  Sometimes, he does not like to play and plays in very fa ...

作者: Cathleen    時間: 08-11-16 15:36

can u also pm school name to me?
作者: chanpa    時間: 08-11-16 23:10

原帖由 Charlotte_mom 於 08-11-16 13:50 發表
thanks indeed!
我女學琴我都無點迫佢的, 我同佢講, 總之pass到, 下次老師教新野就得了(次次repeat佢都悶啦.....)比賽考試, 等時機成熟至講啦(係, 練考試真係悶到喊)

First, you encourage your daughter to play the piano slowly by one hand and then both hands.

In the coming music festival, my son will sit for grade five piano solo.  In fact, it is easy for him to play grade four song or even grade three song so as to get the prize.  My point is to encourage him to fight for higher level (向上心) and let him see other's presentation.  Of course, I don't push him.  I encourage him to play five times by right hand slowly and then five times by left hand slowly.  After that, he asked for play for one time with both hands.
作者: tallcake    時間: 08-11-28 12:12     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

Chanpa,

Please pm me the schools your son studied before and studying now for my reference in planning of my son's education too?  THX!
作者: AliJasEd    時間: 08-11-28 16:35

Could you pls let me the name of the schools.
作者: avislai    時間: 08-11-29 22:40

Can you tell me the name of the schools so that my sons would not mistakenly got into them?

My son studied P.1 in a private traditional school.  I found him having problems of losing his temper, losing his belongings, not tiding up his belongings, running out of the classroom and not doing p ...

作者: Cherry_Wong    時間: 08-11-30 19:29

Chanpa,

Would you please PM me the name of the Old and current school of your son. Thank.

原帖由 chanpa 於 08-11-16 23:10 發表

First, you encourage your daughter to play the piano slowly by one hand and then both hands.

In the coming music festival, my son will sit for grade five piano solo.  In fact, it is easy for him to ...

作者: chanpa    時間: 08-12-17 01:20

Dear all BK mums,

After three-month P.4 study, my son gets grade B in conduct in the first term and improves a lot.  He tells me he sometimes has conflict with a boy but he tries to tolerate.  If he cannot tolerate, he will cry without action.  This may be due to his weak social skills.

Regarding his academic results, he gets grade C in Chinese and English, B in General Studies and A in Mathematics.  I am very satisfied with this results and am very thankful to the headmaster and teachers to give him a chance.

Thank you to all supportive mums.
作者: clmom    時間: 08-12-18 21:09     標題: 恭喜!

原帖由 chanpa 於 08-12-17 01:20 發表
Dear all BK mums,

After three-month P.4 study, my son gets grade B in conduct in the first term and improves a lot.  He tells me he sometimes has conflict with a boy but he tries to tolerate.  If he  ...

Chanpa,
恭喜你!  你的兒子再邁進成功之日近了, 他的付出是有回報, 多加讚賞他!
作者: MaggieAndy    時間: 08-12-21 08:56

Chanpa, through reading your messages, I am really impressed by what you have done in bringing up your son.  You are very great.

In addition, if you do not mind, could you please PM me the name of your son's current school?

原帖由 chanpa 於 08-12-17 01:20 發表
Dear all BK mums,

After three-month P.4 study, my son gets grade B in conduct in the first term and improves a lot.  He tells me he sometimes has conflict with a boy but he tries to tolerate.  If he  ...

作者: LoveQQBaby    時間: 08-12-22 14:55

Dear Chanpa

Kindly pm me the school names your kid previously studied and are currently studies as I am also choosing school for my kid.

Bring up a child is not easy.  We all try our best and want to use good methods.

Thanks a lot.
作者: jjd    時間: 08-12-27 14:04

chanpa,
May I know the names of the schools too?  Thanks.

原帖由 LoveQQBaby 於 08-12-22 14:55 發表
Dear Chanpa

Kindly pm me the school names your kid previously studied and are currently studies as I am also choosing school for my kid.

Bring up a child is not easy.  We all try our best and want  ...

作者: chanpa    時間: 09-1-21 00:53

Dear all BK mums,

My son gets satiisfactory results in GAPSK against other P.5 and P.6 students.  I think he is nearly the youngest candidate in this examination.

Furthermore, he got 二等獎 at olympics mathematics.  He attended the pre-examination course twelve hours in total two months ago and attended the olympics mathematics in January 2009 without revision.  But, he has difficulty in learning in some aspects and social relationship.

This DSS missed a high function pupil with special learning difficulties.  Yet, this DSS doesn't know how to deal with him, just fault finding and giving conduct D+ instead.  

I observe that there are many people speaking of how good the previous DSS is.  In fact, they may probably come from the DSS directly.  (自問自答) Don't believe them. (很容易中招)  Don't you see some pupils from G2 to G5 speaking of how they are in DSS in comparison with outside students?  For those getting offers in this DSS in 2009, they should think carefully.  All students are directly promoted to the secondary school (沒有公開派位,直上直資中學,沒有其他選擇。)

Lastly, I will appear on TV in coming soon.
作者: swmami    時間: 09-1-21 03:51

Hi Chanpa

Very touched when I read your thread My boy is almost 2 years old.  My husband has been worrying if our boy is hyperactive (we do not have any detail knowledge on this area but we are aware of this cos of this is a hot topic among parents).  Really thanks for your and other BK parents' sharing... very helpful to me as a new parent.

Really glad to hear about your son's achievements.
作者: swmami    時間: 09-1-21 03:52

Chanpa - BTW, when will you appear on TV?  Which channel?
作者: chanpa    時間: 09-1-21 23:34

原帖由 swmami 於 09-1-21 03:52 發表
Chanpa - BTW, when will you appear on TV?  Which channel?

Coming soon in near future.
作者: myhoneys    時間: 09-1-22 15:19

Dear Chanpa,

Glad to know that your son had much improvements.  Congratulations!

I'm also concern with my kids education, so please pm me the old n new school names for my reference.  Thanks.

作者: kalongma    時間: 09-1-22 17:07

原帖由 chanpa 於 09-1-21 23:34 發表

Coming soon in near future.

Hello Chanpa,

Would you mind pm me the school names of previous and existing.

Many thanks,
Kalongma
作者: Krystaline    時間: 09-1-24 16:14

Hi Chanpa,
Please pm me the name of the previous and the new school too. Thanks.
作者: im_cyt    時間: 09-1-25 23:09

Hi Chanpa

I feel sorry hearing your son's bad experience.   

From the clues:

in (Shatin).....(organized by university in Kowloon).....

I guess it should be:  浸X大學附屬學校王錦X中小學

If it is wrong, please immediately correct me.  If not, we must all know and remember by heart.  I shall avoid this school for my son and daugther.

May I know the good school that your son is attending?   or pls PM me.

Many thanks!
作者: chanpa    時間: 09-1-28 01:59

Dear all,

All BK mums are very clever and smart.

When I read this http://www.discuss.com.hk/redirect.php?tid=8711968&goto=lastpost, I am very sad and uncomfortable.

Let first talk about the P.1 syllabus (2007-2008)
at this DSS.

For Chinese, DSS used 現代中國語文.  These Chinese books divided into 小—上第一冊、小一上第二冊、小一下第一冊和小一下第二冊。DSS taught 16 chapters out of 48 chapters.  In the examination, they required the pupils to write the completed sentences and do reading comprehension.  DSS taught a little but required pupils to have a normal standard.  Needless to say, the pupils should work with the parents or private tutors closely.

For English, DSS divided into differents groups.  Some reading books are in low level just like in kindergarden in Kowloon Tong.  Pupils need to do a very difficult English exercise book.  I think the pupils could hardly make use of this in writing.  DSS emphasised the phonetics.  In the examination, if you write simple sentence without mistake, you will get high marks.   Yet, I am hesitate if DSS taught the pupils gramma or not.

For Mathematics, it was the same level as the normal school and it was taught in English.

For 人文素質 , DSS used 朗文常識, which had four text books.  DSS taught eighteen chapters in Chinese out of twenty-seven chapters.

You have to paid $3,600 a month for a normal or even lower standard.  It is not worth to do so.  Furthermore, a pupil tries to sit for entrance examination of other schools (考插班), this pupil gets no placement.  No way but to repeat.

Also, if you enter into this DSS, you have to study for twelve years as DSS does not apply for 公開派位.  一條龍到尾,不知好不好?大家博一博。

不參加公開派位,程度不被外界評定,很大問題。
作者: chanpa    時間: 09-1-31 00:06

Hello, BK mums

Please watch the Pearl Report at 6:55pm on 1.2.2009.
作者: jjd    時間: 09-2-2 02:40

miss咗呀?可以邊度睇番?
作者: hogwarts    時間: 09-2-2 07:34

me too, due to dinning out.  Any luck with youtube?
作者: Opus599    時間: 09-2-2 18:33

原帖由 jjd 於 09-2-2 02:40 發表
miss咗呀?可以邊度睇番?

3/2/2009 mid-night = 4/2/2009, 12:45 am - 1:15 am

明珠檔案 The Pearl Report

GIFTED TROUBLES

MORE THAN 2% OF OUR POPULATION ARE CLASSIFIED AS GIFTED. YOU MIGHT THINK, PARENTS MUST FEEL SO BLESSED TO HAVE SUPER SMART KIDS. ACTUALLY, THEY CAN BE A NIGHTMARE. EXPERTS SAY GIFTED PEOPLE HAVE MORE EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS THAN ORDINARY FOLK. NOT A FEW ARE DUAL EXCEPTIONAL , SUFFERING FROM ASPERGER'S SYNDROME OR ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER. PRODUCER MABEL SIEH FINDS OUT HOW SCHOOL ARE COPING, WHAT PARENTS GO THROUGH AND WHERE THEY MIGHT SEEK HELP.

THE GOVERNMENT HAS ACTUALLY PUT QUITE A LOT OF RESOURCES INTO THE EDUCATION OF GIFTED STUDENTS, INCLUDING SETTING UP AN ACADEMY TO TRAIN THEM AND THEIR TEACHERS. BUT WHY ARE PARENTS STILL COMPLAINING THEY'RE NOT GETTING THE HELP THEY NEED?
作者: hogwarts    時間: 09-2-2 19:04

Hi Opus599

Thank you!!!!
作者: mattsmum    時間: 09-2-3 11:40     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

"DSS taught a little but required pupils to have a normal standard.  Needless to say, the pupils should work with the parents or private tutors closely." - this is normal in many hk shcools, even the elite ones because they have to emphasis ranking for the sake of secondary allocation system.

" In the examination, if you write simple sentence without mistake, you will get high marks." - this is also normal in hk schools. so you do expect that some of the so called band one students can't read very well when they are in form 1.

lowering expectation in both students and schools would solve our problems. i think.
作者: elmocookie    時間: 09-2-4 12:36

原帖由 Opus599 於 09-2-2 18:33 發表

3/2/2009 mid-night = 4/2/2009, 12:45 am - 1:15 am

明珠檔案 The Pearl Report

GIFTED TROUBLES

MORE THAN 2% OF OUR POPULATION ARE CLASSIFIED AS GIFTED. YOU MIGHT THINK, PARENTS MUST FEEL SO BLESSED T ...

For those of you who might have missed the program out, the same 明珠檔案 will be showing again on coming Sat Feb 7-09 on Pearl @12:15p.m.
作者: chanpa    時間: 09-5-30 14:07

I am coming back.  

Please share for the mystery of DSS.  Now DSS becomes a hot topic especially the one at Lam Tin.

Someone pretends to be parents to attack me.

Moreover, the film at Pearl report in youtube is banned.  Someone has already taken hidden action against me.

For your information, that DSS tries to accept the students in P.5 in September 2009 now.  Totally, there are two classes of P.4 about or less than thirty students each from 2008 to 2009.

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5