教育王國

標題: Yew Chung Nursey 2009 [打印本頁]

作者: melaniec    時間: 08-12-16 18:31     標題: Yew Chung Nursey 2009

請問有邊位小朋友是出年返耀中 n1 ga?
作者: chauapple    時間: 08-12-17 08:03

My girl will go to YC N1 full day in 2009.
作者: melaniec    時間: 08-12-18 10:57

HI Chauapple,

can you advise how come you send your child for full day instead of half day?

my child will join their half day class in Aug next year
作者: chauapple    時間: 08-12-18 14:03

I don't want my girl stay with the maid.  I have no confidence at her.  My mom now is staying at my home but she will go home when baby is 2.

I've talked to the teacher and principal. They told me baby will become more independent when they go to full day school.
作者: joliana    時間: 08-12-20 00:03

my girl now going itlp class. next year will be n1
作者: melaniec    時間: 08-12-23 14:53

wut is itlp class? and ur girl is half day or full day course ?
作者: hollymama    時間: 08-12-24 01:24

hi... How old is your baby? I have submitted the application for my bb in Sep, but havent heard anything from them yet :(
作者: strayteddy    時間: 09-1-2 15:27

Heard that all places in YC have been filled up already.  Anyway, you will be invited to a briefing session about the school prior to the interview.  I sent in the application form in October and got the invitation in November.

原帖由 hollymama 於 08-12-24 01:24 發表
hi... How old is your baby? I have submitted the application for my bb in Sep, but havent heard anything from them yet :(

作者: hollymama    時間: 09-1-15 23:10

strayteddy, how old is your BB? I also attend Nov information session, but havent got any news since then. I called up the school last week, they said as my bb born in Dec, so they won't contact us for further interview until Sept09
作者: Orphee    時間: 09-3-18 23:27

Hi mommies,

My boy is 18mths now, and I want to know more about YC....would u please kindly give me some advice...please!

- Howz their interview? english/chinese? what will they ask? with kids or seperate???

- how do they choose the students? location? background? or depends on interview performance?

- do all of you want kids student in international primary school? do they have chance to go into local school? and what kind of local school have more chance???

thousand thanks....pls tell me more what you know as I'm so confusing to choose a school for my boy...T_T
作者: joliana    時間: 09-3-20 15:35

I am a current parent at YC. Actually if you are called for interview, you already are offered a place. They don't really do selection interview. All I can say is the earliest the application you submitted, the better chance you have
作者: DeckerCarmen    時間: 09-3-21 00:00

May i know how long did you wait for the interview after you submitted the application?
my girl will be 2 the coming sept and i submitted the application this month. when do you think we will get the interview (place)?

原帖由 joliana 於 09-3-20 15:35 發表
I am a current parent at YC. Actually if you are called for interview, you already are offered a place. They don't really do selection interview. All I can say is the earliest the application you subm ...

作者: joliana    時間: 09-3-21 22:20

I submitted when my bb when she was around 6 months old. I got into ITLP which is the 1-2 years old on the following year. The teacher said 2009 is all full. The earlier dec 2008 open day was for application in 2010.
But sorry that I don't know how long it will take to wait if you submit now.
作者: melaniec    時間: 09-3-21 23:43

is there any Yew Chung 's parents could tell if you think YC is better or Victoria?

I 'm wondering if i should put my girl in YC or Victoria.

thanks
作者: buu0605    時間: 09-3-23 10:19

My son has joined both YC and Victoria and eventually gave up Victoria.  From my experience, definitely YC is much better than Victoria HMT but it may depend on which Victoria campus.  Some may be better.

原帖由 melaniec 於 09-3-21 23:43 發表
is there any Yew Chung 's parents could tell if you think YC is better or Victoria?

I 'm wondering if i should put my girl in YC or Victoria.

thanks

作者: melaniec    時間: 09-3-23 12:13

兩間有什麼分別?
點解你會drop 維記呢?
作者: buu0605    時間: 09-3-23 16:15

My experience in HMT Victoria: The English teacher always looked sleepy/tired and forgot the songs that she had to sing every class with kids!  I couldn't see her heart / enthausium and in general, the School gives me a feeling of 'too commercial'.  In YC, I like its philosophy, and its activites, seminars for parents.  Although it is expensive, it has its clear philosophy, not only money.  It also shows me its value for money.  Both the English and Chinese teachers I met are good.  

That's my personal experience and opinion and I must emphasize that each teacher we met may be different and some Victoria campuses may be good.

原帖由 melaniec 於 09-3-23 12:13 發表
兩間有什麼分別?
點解你會drop 維記呢?

作者: w2b    時間: 09-3-23 16:50

Agree with buu0605.  My son went to Victoria HMT for 2 months and dropped out because of the same reason.  I didnt see the Eng teacher's heart on teaching toddlers at all.  She appeared sleepy all the time, talked in monotone (super-boring), sang the "five little monkeys" every lesson and I had never seen her smile to the kids.  My son showed no interest in her class.  

Now my son is studying in YC, he likes the school very much.  YC also allows the kids to try and experience a lot of things e.g making cookies together, squeezing orange juice...etc.   

My younger daughter is also currently studying in YC ITLP class, she will attend the N1 class in YC starting the next term.  

原帖由 buu0605 於 09-3-23 16:15 發表
My experience in HMT Victoria: The English teacher always looked sleepy/tired and forgot the songs that she had to sing every class with kids!  I couldn't see her heart / enthausium and in general, th ...

作者: melaniec    時間: 09-3-23 17:04

但據聞維記的jollyphonics教得幾好..d小朋友的英文都好好..而耀中..不太清楚她們的教的英文是根據哪一套 ?讀耀中的幼稚園通常會考到邊幾間local小學? 如果諗住比小朋友讀本地小學..其實會唔會維記比較舒合?
作者: carina_h    時間: 09-3-23 18:25

My girl will go YC N1 half day in 2009.  I havent decide to let my girl study in international school or local school yet.  But I think my girl wont stay in YC from primary even I decide to let her study in international school. How about the other parents??  
作者: happyteresa    時間: 09-3-23 23:36

My boy studied HMT VT's playgroup almost 1 year.  I got the same very bad impression for one of the english teachers (too lucky that I also met a very good english teacher in Sat class).  After understanding more about VT via playgroup, I decided not to go to her K1.

My boy is accepted by YC K1, and I also paid the deposit.  Now, my final decision is ESF (WKS) am class. It is less expensive and with better english training.  

I won't go to YC because YC primary is very expensive.  For local stream, I haven't seen very clear picture about her primary school allocation.
作者: oooray    時間: 09-3-24 16:57

原帖由 happyteresa 於 09-3-23 23:36 發表
My boy studied HMT VT's playgroup almost 1 year.  I got the same very bad impression for one of the english teachers (too lucky that I also met a very good english teacher in Sat class).  After unders ...

Your post has just recalled my memory in VT HMT palygroup...
That native English teacher (most probably the one I experienced before....) was super lazy.
Luckily enough (unluckily to other), she was in other class when my daughter was in N1...
I had a serious discussion (or complaint) with the Vice Princpal...the reply was so funny :
"That teacher are well experienced in (somewhere) and her new methods(?) can bring new inspiration to our local teacher and also kindergarten". At that time, I had limited experience in International School and I could only "believe" what she said...now, I can conclude that children are out of luck if they have been taught by that teacher!
作者: happyteresa    時間: 09-3-24 23:27

may I know what is your decision to send your child for K1?
作者: oooray    時間: 09-3-25 00:50

原帖由 happyteresa 於 09-3-24 23:27 發表
may I know what is your decision to send your child for K1?

asking me?
作者: happyteresa    時間: 09-3-25 01:48

yes, sorry not to mention it very clear.  It is because you said VT HMT is not good enough.  So what you will choose for your child? would you like to share with us, oooray
作者: oooray    時間: 09-3-25 01:53

原帖由 happyteresa 於 09-3-25 01:48 發表
yes, sorry not to mention it very clear.  It is because you said VT HMT is not good enough.  So what you will choose for your child? would you like to share with us, oooray

at that time i had not decided whether i would go to IS stream, so i decided to take one local and one IS kinda...
作者: happyteresa    時間: 09-3-25 01:58

thanks! there is nothing in a hurry, we still have time to decide!  good luck.
作者: oooray    時間: 09-3-25 02:00

i should clarify that teacher was bad but Victoria is a "feeling good" school.However, it was not my cup of tea.

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5