教育王國

標題: RCHK's parent, pls make your suggestion! [打印本頁]

作者: Radiomama    時間: 09-5-17 15:17     標題: RCHK's parent, pls make your suggestion!

For the Year One student:
1) how many suits of uniform would you purchase?
2) how about the socks, hat & school bag?
3) for packed lunch, which kind of lunch box would you suggest?
4) any colours of sport shoes would be OK day by day?
Thank you.
作者: danielboy    時間: 09-5-17 20:43

3 sets of school uniform & 1 set of PE uniform
4 pairs of socks and 1 hat.  I did not buy the RC school bag
Spaghetti, fried rice, fried noodles, sandwich & sushi
4) any colours of sport shoes would be OK day by day?
Brown or black shoes to go with the school uniform but any colour of sport shoes would be fine with the PE uniform.
Thank you.

[ 本帖最後由 danielboy 於 09-5-17 20:45 編輯 ]
作者: birdbird    時間: 09-5-17 22:33

For my boy......
3 sets of school uniform & 1 set of PE uniform.
Please label every piece of school uniform.
You may be informed of the house your kid belongs to. You can choose to buy the house-tee or the white sports tee which will be phased out after the school term 09/10.

Better buy the nylon track top for the kid to wear on the school bus because of the air-cond.

Buy a bigger size uniform as
1) there are few months to go before the next school term starts. Children grow fast;
2) the uniform may shrink a little after washing.

6 pairs of socks, 1 cap/hat. (No hat no play in the open area). I didn't buy the RCHK sch bag. I bought a bag that is big enough for the home lunch, snack box and a few thin books.

You also need to buy a book bag for library lessons.

I use Baffalo (0.45L, 1-container thermo) for keeping fried rice/rice/noodles, spaghetti, pasta. A lock & lock box for sandwiches and fruits. I give my son a drink everyday.

prepare a snack bag & a lunch bag for your kid if he/she's going to take home lunch. They need to go downstairs from their classroom for snacks and lunch. The bags carrying everything they need will help them go down and up the stairs more easily and safely.

once again, label every item the kid brings to school.

4) any colours of sports shoes would be OK day by day?
same answer as danieboy's.
作者: Yau_Cheung    時間: 09-5-18 08:47

4) 建議你買兩層"象印"飯壺, 有3格, 保暖非常好, 用前先用熱水浸壺20分鐘。

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-5-17 15:17 發表
4) any colours of s ...

作者: danielboy    時間: 09-5-18 10:06

Radiomama,
The school socks are very thick and take quite some time to dry.  However, I only bought 4 pairs of socks for my child because I let him wear white socks on PE day.  Unlike the khaki & grey socks, the school's white socks do NOT have the school logo, and therefore I just bought him thinner plain white socks from other shops like Marks & Spencer/Kingkow.

birdbird,
Please note that there are 2 PE lessons per week in Year 2 and you would need an extra set of PE uniform in the coming year.

Yes, agree that 象印"飯壺" is pretty good.
作者: oooray    時間: 09-5-18 11:15

Home Lunch vs. meal A/meal B from Cafeteria.
Any RC parents comment on these for Year 1 Kid? Thanks for your contributions in advance.
作者: Radiomama    時間: 09-5-18 11:30

Thank you so much and all of you are my torch to this school!

In the beginning, home lunch or school lunch will be better?
作者: janetlo    時間: 09-5-18 12:22

I usually order school lunch for my daughter, the kid can choose their own lunch (meal A / Meal B) at school (Not at the order form) and it comes with fruit juice, free bread and fresh fruits.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-18 11:15 發表
Home Lunch vs. meal A/meal B from Cafeteria.
Any RC parents comment on these for Year 1 Kid? Thanks for your contributions in advance.

作者: oooray    時間: 09-5-18 12:25

原帖由 janetlo 於 09-5-18 12:22 發表
I usually order school lunch for my daughter, the kid can choose their own lunch (meal A / Meal B) at school (Not at the order form) and it comes with fruit juice, free bread and fresh fruits.

Thanks for your sharing.
Do they taste good (your child's comment). Just curious to ask you why not prepare home lunch yourself?
作者: popolung    時間: 09-5-18 13:05

原帖由 danielboy 於 09-5-18 10:06 發表
Radiomama,
The school socks are very thick and take quite some time to dry.  However, I only bought 4 pairs of socks for my child because I let him wear white socks on PE day.  Unlike the khaki & grey ...

As kids in kinder don't need to eat lunch by themselves, I think all Pre-Y1 parents will need to train up their kids to use 飯壺 to eat lunch now.....
作者: janetlo    時間: 09-5-18 14:25

It has variety of choices, sometimes they have pizza, fried rice, pasta, mash pototes, 义燒飯, turkey and 抄麵 .  Even though the order form shows the food in english, but the meals have both chinese and western styles.   My child sometimes told me the food is very good and sometimes she also told me it is  not so good.   It thinks it is really depend on the food of that day.

i dont let my kid bring home lunch because for the winter, i afraid that the food will become cold.   for the summer, i alto think that the food may change due to the hot weather.   Since the school has its own kitchen and provide balance diet with fruits, juice.. , why not eat at the school.   Even though, my kid may not like every meals because of the western style and also my kid is very picky on foods, but i want her to try everythings even she doesnt like it.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-18 12:25 發表

Thanks for your sharing.
Do they taste good (your child's comment). Just curious to ask you why not prepare home lunch yourself?

[ 本帖最後由 janetlo 於 09-5-18 15:01 編輯 ]
作者: oooray    時間: 09-5-18 15:32

原帖由 janetlo 於 09-5-18 14:25 發表
It has variety of choices, sometimes they have pizza, fried rice, pasta, mash pototes, 义燒飯, turkey and 抄麵 .  Even though the order form shows the food in english, but the meals have both chinese  ...

Thanks for your good sharing.
I have the same concern as you if I cook the lunch at the home in the early morning (Designing recipe swill be killing me, too). I agree that it is also a good experience for my daughter to learn to be independent at school, if the quality of food at the cafeteria is not too bad.
作者: birdbird    時間: 09-5-18 18:52

danielboy,
Thanks for your advice.
For year 1, they also have 2 PE lessons every week. I plan to buy the new house tee for my son in the summer. he will then have 2 sports tee (incl. the existing one) for changing in Year 2.

ooray,
I haven't tried the school lunch but i tried some snacks at the cafeteria. The food tasted good. The school lunch also looked yummy. However, my son doesn't like it and he insists bringing home lunch and enjoys being with the classmates who also bring home lunch.

For children with food allergy, they are advised to bring home lunch though the Cafeteria says that it avoids using peanuts or other food allergens in their menus.
作者: oooray    時間: 09-5-18 19:58

原帖由 birdbird 於 09-5-18 18:52 發表
danielboy,
Thanks for your advice.
For year 1, they also have 2 PE lessons every week. I plan to buy the new house tee for my son in the summer. he will then have 2 sports tee (incl. the existing one) ...

Dear birdbird,
Thanks for your information.
Do u mean children with home lunch will having lunch at somewhere (inside the classroom?) and those have school lunch will go to the cafeteria (all by themselves)?
作者: danielboy    時間: 09-5-19 13:45

birdbird,
Wow ! Your son is so lucky.  My son had only 1 PE lesson per week when he was in year 1.  

Re : lunch
My son brought home lunch from Mon-Thur and took school lunch on Friday when he was in year 1.  Children who took school lunch and those who brought home lunch ate in different areas in the cafeteria.  My son could therefore had lunch with different friends within the class.  Whether the school lunch tastes good or not is very personal.  Some children complain that the food taste awful but my son says it's pretty good.

[ 本帖最後由 danielboy 於 09-5-19 16:23 編輯 ]
作者: oooray    時間: 09-5-19 15:45

原帖由 danielboy 於 09-5-19 13:45 發表
birdbird,
Wow ! Your son is so lucky.  My son had only 1 PE lesson per week when he was in year 1.  

Re : lunch
My son brought home lunch form Mon-Thur and took school lunch on Friday when he was in  ...

Thank you danielboy, it is really a good option for children to enjoy lunchtime with all his/her friends!
作者: birdbird    時間: 09-5-19 20:32

原帖由 danielboy 於 09-5-19 13:45 發表
My son brought home lunch from Mon-Thur and took school lunch on Friday when he was in year 1.  Children who took school lunch and those who brought home lunch ate in different areas in the cafeteria.  My son could therefore had lunch with different friends within the class.  Whether the school lunch tastes good or not is very personal.  Some children complain that the food taste awful but my son says it's pretty good.

danielboy,
wow, it's a fantastic lunch arrangement! I can suggest this to my son so that he can mingle with different classmates.
作者: Radiomama    時間: 09-6-4 22:21

Hi All,

We visited the school this afternoon and brought back 2 big bags of stuff--2 sets of uniform, 2 sets of sport uniform (one is house T and the other one is the white T), 3 pairs of socks, 1 wind jacket, 2 caps, library bag and 1 small school bag.  All the items are suggested by the parent helper.

Any house member here?  My son is put in the S.O.N.G.  So COOL!

BTW, I forgot to ask the following items:
1) Any stationary/筆盒 should I prepare?
2) The size of the water bottle?

Thank you
作者: janetlo    時間: 09-6-4 22:58

RC will provide all the stationary for Year 1 and Year 2 students, no need to prepare and they dont need to bring stationary to school.  

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-6-4 22:21 發表
Hi All,

We visited the school this afternoon and brought back 2 big bags of stuff--2 sets of uniform, 2 sets of sport uniform (one is house T and the other one is the white T), 3 pairs of socks, 1 wi ...

作者: oooray    時間: 09-6-5 13:33

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-6-4 22:21 發表
Hi All,

We visited the school this afternoon and brought back 2 big bags of stuff--2 sets of uniform, 2 sets of sport uniform (one is house T and the other one is the white T), 3 pairs of socks, 1 wi ...

I don't like the man in the uniform shop. While fisherman hat is out of stock, he didn't tell me when (just a rough idea) it will be replenished...
While I was persuading my daughter to choose the cap instead, he "said" in the beginning of the term, it will be available and come back later; just wanted me to settle the bill quickly.
作者: almom    時間: 09-6-5 13:46

原帖由 oooray 於 09-6-5 13:33 發表

I don't like the man in the uniform shop. While fisherman hat is out of stock, he didn't tell me when (just a rough idea) it will be replenished...
While I was persuading my daughter to choose the ca ...

Mr Arthur is famous for his attitude. No one ever saw him smile and no one likes him.
Next time you go, see whether the parent volunteer helper is there. She is extremely helpful. I would rather not talk to Mr Arthur at all.
作者: Saturn    時間: 09-6-5 14:09

Well, his attitude is a little like the old days "公務員".  But what Icame across was that he was willing to help when I gave a reasonable request.  Maybe that was because I went to the shop during non-peak season (May 2008).  My impression on him isn't too bad.  I would say some of the ladies serving at the reception area should be more aware of their manner.  They are the very "frontline" staff of the school but their attitude on answering both face-to-face & telephone enquiries are not up to standard.   

原帖由 almom 於 09-6-5 13:46 發表

Mr Arthur is famous for his attitude. No one ever saw him smile and no one likes him.
Next time you go, see whether the parent volunteer helper is there. She is extremely helpful. I would rather not ...

作者: Saturn    時間: 09-6-5 14:18

I never heard that the white sports tee will be phased out.  Where did the information come from?  Was that from the letter notice?

[quote]原帖由 birdbird 於 09-5-17 22:33 發表
3 sets of school uniform & 1 set of PE uniform.
Please label every piece of school uniform.
You may be informed of the house your kid belongsto. You can choose to buy the house-tee or the white sports tee whichwill be phased out after the school term 09/10.
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-6-5 15:20

My husband took my daughter for "shopping" at RC yesterday.

Thank you for starting this thread & all the feedbacks.  Great refenence for 1st time RC parents!!!
作者: oooray    時間: 09-6-5 15:41

Thanks Almom and Saturn's comment.
My experience in dealing with the Reception Staff was ok.

Mr. Arthur : One day I will give you a good lesson! Hahahaha....

I felt sorry for blaming the lady (I didn't know she was a volunteer parent helper).
I think it is a bad idea to ask volunteer helping in the uniform shop...that supposed is making $$$ there, and troublesome parents (like me) are expecting some basic service there!
作者: almom    時間: 09-6-5 16:02

原帖由 Saturn 於 09-6-5 14:18 發表
I never heard that the white sports tee will be phased out.  Where did the information come from?  Was that from the letter notice?

I still have a copy of the printed letter from school, date 23 March 2009.

Students can no longer wear the white sports tee for the school year of 2010-2011.
作者: almom    時間: 09-6-5 16:08

原帖由 oooray 於 09-6-5 15:41 發表
My experience in dealing with the Reception Staff was ok.

I never had problem with them too. Lucky me.

Mr. Arthur : One day I will give you a good lesson! Hahahaha....

Go go go. Hahaha.

I felt sorry for blaming the lady (I didn't know she was a volunteer parent helper).
I think it is a bad idea to ask volunteer helping in the uniform shop...that supposed is making $$$ there, and troublesome parents (like me) are expecting some basic service there!

She has been helpling there for 2 years. She has a kid in primary school and she is always very polite and kind. She is ALWAYS there!
I do not know what kind of $$$ arrangement they have with the uniform manufacturer. But I know that Mr Arthur is only a ESF staff. He has basically no connection with the uniform manufacturer. So that explains why he does not really care how parents feel and has the same poker face all the time.
Heard that he used to work in the uniform shop of another ESF school. Lucky them......
作者: oooray    時間: 09-6-5 17:00

原帖由 almom 於 09-6-5 16:08 發表

Go go go. Hahaha.

She has been helpling there for 2 years. She has a kid in primary school and she is always very polite and kind. She is ALWAYS th ...

He gets paid to do the job and suppose to get the job done!
I still think that uniform is not a proper position for parent volunteer.
Let me "try" the service of the uniform supplier when I'm buying kindergarten uniform for my son later (Atson Wilson - the same company as kindergarten uniform supplier!)
作者: Saturn    時間: 09-6-5 17:02

He is an admin staff of RCHK.  His face shows in the staff list.

原帖由 almom 於 09-6-5 16:08 發表

Go go go. Hahaha.

She has been helpling there for 2 years. She has a kid in primary school and she is always very polite and kind. She is ALWAYS th ...

作者: Saturn    時間: 09-6-5 17:07

Fyi.  The uniform shop in Jordan is very small (if it never moved).  It would be very crowded during summer holiday.  I almost got out of breath when I purchased my kid's KG uniform there years ago.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-6-5 17:00 發表

He gets paid to do the job and suppose to get the job done!
I still think that uniform is not a proper position for parent volunteer.
Let me "try" the service of the uniform supplier when I'm buying ...

作者: oooray    時間: 09-6-5 21:53

原帖由 Saturn 於 09-6-5 17:07 發表
Fyi.  The uniform shop in Jordan is very small (if it never moved).  It would be very crowded during summer holiday.  I almost got out of breath when I purchased my kid's KG uniform there years ago.

thanks for your advice. I'll prepare some pure oxygen cylinders before visiting them.
作者: Radiomama    時間: 09-6-6 22:03

I see!  To me, no expectation therefore no disappointment!  I deal with civil servants every day, they are just the same!!

Mr Arthur smiled to me when he gave me a "free" recycle bag (costs $10 originally) and he reminded me several times that the white T would be phased out in 2010.  

Don't bother with the frontline staff and don't take it for granted when you meet someone really nice and helpful.

Anyway, which house your kid belongs to?  Nice to meet you all.

原帖由 almom 於 09-6-5 13:46 發表

Next time you go, see whether the parent volunteer helper is there. She is extremely helpful. I would rather not ...

作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-6-6 23:44

My daughter belongs to "MING".

It's a pity I may not be able to join the info session this coming Tuesday.
作者: oooray    時間: 09-6-7 00:26

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-6-6 23:44 發表
My daughter belongs to "MING".

It's a pity I may not be able to join the info session this coming Tuesday.

mine is ...i forgot...red color PE shirt...
no problem. i guess they are talking general issue on Tue evening. i found the last year presentation in RC website. u can have a look there.
作者: birdbird    時間: 09-6-9 21:12

原帖由 oooray 於 09-6-7 00:26 發表

mine is ...i forgot...red color PE shirt...
no problem. i guess they are talking general issue on Tue evening. i found the last year presentation in RC website. u can have a look there.

House      Color
TANG       Red
SONG       Yellow
MING        Blue
QING         Green
作者: oooray    時間: 09-6-9 22:31

原帖由 birdbird 於 09-6-9 21:12 發表

House      Color
TANG       Red
SONG       Yellow
MING        Blue
QING         Green

thanks for your reminder....
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-6-10 10:45

Any Year 1 parents went to the information session last night??? I missed the first 15 minutes & when I went there, the teacher was talking about "Line of Communication".

Anything interesting that you can share?

Thank you!!!
作者: oooray    時間: 09-6-10 11:31

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-6-10 10:45 發表
Any Year 1 parents went to the information session last night??? I missed the first 15 minutes & when I went there, the teacher was talking about "Line of Communication".

Anything interesting that yo ...

I was 15 minutes earlier but i've forgotten everything before leaving the hall.
I only remembered the first 15 minutes was introducing the Year 1 related staff there and a "talk show" by Max. Any other parents could share?
作者: cmhui    時間: 09-6-11 00:33

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-6-10 10:45 發表

Anything interesting that yo ...

You won't miss anything. We still have a couple of times gathering at PAC and listen to Mr. MAX through out the year. He'll repeat his jokes again and again ...

How, can I know? ...

My son is in RC for three years ...
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-6-11 14:34

"........ listen to Mr. MAX through out the year. He'll repeat his jokes again and again ... "

Oh dear!!!
作者: Radiomama    時間: 09-6-25 13:18

Would anyone purchase the label from Stuck-on-you?  Or we could use our own labelling methods?
作者: oooray    時間: 09-6-25 13:28

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-6-25 13:18 發表
Would anyone purchase the label from Stuck-on-you?  Or we could use our own labelling methods?

Price is not attractive...
I am thinking of using paper sticker instead...
作者: almom    時間: 09-6-25 19:00

原帖由 cmhui 於 09-6-11 00:33 發表

You won't miss anything. We still have a couple of times gathering at PAC and listen to Mr. MAX through out the year. He'll repeat his jokes again and again ...

How, can I know? ...

My son is in RC for three years ...

Is Max that boring?
Hmmm. I have opposite experience/views.
作者: almom    時間: 09-6-25 19:07

Stuck-on-you labels are not cheap but I do not like them.

I usually do either of these:
(1) permanent marker (particularly convenient on clothing items, or even on lunch boxes if you do not mind)
(2) Dymo (on more delicate items, eg nice pencil cases, etc, where you do not want use permanent marker)
(3) print names on paper, cut them out, and use sticky tape to tape them on belongings (good for really small areas, eg pencils, pens)
作者: birdbird    時間: 09-6-26 00:48

Students are allowed to use their labels. Last year, I had some cartoon labels made in Mong Kok centre. The shop also made labels for ironing on the clothing. I'm not sure if the shop is still in business now.
作者: 可敏    時間: 09-8-20 11:17     標題: give money or otupus

my girl is Y1 student, she said she want to buy Siu Mai at shool, but I don`t like give her the cash when she go to school, is it better to give her a otupus?

Any parents can share your experience.
作者: almom    時間: 09-8-20 11:35

原帖由 可敏 於 09-8-20 11:17 發表
my girl is Y1 student, she said she want to buy Siu Mai at shool, but I don`t like give her the cash when she go to school, is it better to give her a otupus?

Any parents can share your experience.

My children use cash.
I think they would get the actual feeling of what things cost by paying cash.

The problem with octopus is that it doesn't give the person the feeling of spending because it is so easy to use. Anything (food, drinks, etc) is just a beep and small children tend to be unable to resist the temptation to spend money. And if you lose the card, you lose the deposit too.

My child in Year 5 has only $6 "allowance" per day, and this is hardly enough for siu mai. But she learn to save and spend wisely. (PS. She has her lunch and snack packed from home this year.)
作者: bigbighei    時間: 09-8-20 13:46

我個小朋友都係y1 我都諗緊比唔比錢佢帶返學呢...? 同埋比幾多一日呢....? 請各位心吓意見.

原帖由 almom 於 09-8-20 11:35 發表

My children use cash.
I think they would get the actual feeling of what things cost by paying cash.

The problem with octopus is that it doesn't give the person the feeling of spending because it is ...

作者: danielboy    時間: 09-8-20 15:10

As far as I know, lower primary school children are not allowed (or at least not encouraged) to bring cash / octopus cards to school.  I am sure Max Muller or your child's class teacher will advise you on the Curriculum Night not to give cash to your child.  My son is in year 3 and he only brings cash to school for specific purposes once in a while, eg. to buy a book or to make a donation.
作者: Radiomama    時間: 09-8-22 16:33

I won't give any pocket money to my boy in this stage and the school doesn't encourage the lower form pupils to buy snack from the cafeteria too!

However, what kind of snack would you prepare for your kids?  I want to get more info to widen my choice.

原帖由 bigbighei 於 09-8-20 13:46 發表
我個小朋友都係y1 我都諗緊比唔比錢佢帶返學呢...? 同埋比幾多一日呢....? 請各位心吓意見.

作者: bigbighei    時間: 09-8-24 16:29

都係睇吓佢簡乜咋, 佢鐘意有多d唔同既嘢係個食物盒到,
有包包, 棉花糖,餅乾,旦糕仔,花生/牛奶糖,香蕉,提子(冇核),藍苺,蕃茄仔....比佢自己簡2樣帶返學校食囉.

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-8-22 16:33 發表
I won't give any pocket money to my boy in this stage and the school doesn't encourage the lower form pupils to buy snack from the cafeteria too!

However, what kind of snack would you prepare for yo ...

作者: jennachan    時間: 09-8-24 22:58

Hi RC Parents,
Do anyone have comment about the Year 1 teacher ?  
My daughter is study in MH class, hope to have some idea about her.   Thank you.
Jenna Mom
作者: 可敏    時間: 09-8-24 23:30     標題: 回覆 50# Radiomama 的文章

我有時會給她準備面包仔、三文治、或者餅干,同時會用另一個小盒子裝兩片蕃茄。
作者: 可敏    時間: 09-8-24 23:49     標題: 回覆 3# birdbird 的文章

birdbird,
do you put the lunch box and snack box into the school bag, or hand carry.

because children have to go up and down the stairs, I worry that if put two boxes into the school bag, it will be too heavy, but if hand carry, it is hard to handly for children.
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-8-25 13:37

My daughter is in MH class too.

Regarding the teachers, I believe they are well-qualified. Don't worry!!

http://www.renaissance.edu.hk/staff.php

原帖由 jennachan 於 09-8-24 22:58 發表
Hi RC Parents,
Do anyone have comment about the Year 1 teacher ?  
My daughter is study in MH class, hope to have some idea about her.   Thank you.
Jenna Mom

作者: Radiomama    時間: 09-8-25 15:28

Anyone joined the coffee morning?  I was there but then I slipped away.  I'm not used to chat with strangers (face to face) :(
作者: oooray    時間: 09-8-25 15:54

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-8-25 13:37 發表
My daughter is in MH class too.

Regarding the teachers, I believe they are well-qualified. Don't worry!!:cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze:

http://www.renaissance.edu.hk/staff.php

what a coincidence! my daughter also in 1MH.
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-8-25 18:25

Haha... Maybe they will be buddies!!!

My daughter told me the Chinese teacher asked them to write "太陽" but she didn't know how. She then asked me to write the characters when I was home. Really hope she can keep up her Chinese.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-8-25 15:54 發表

作者: drmfsltd    時間: 09-8-25 20:40     標題: 100% New RCHK Uniform - up to 50% off

100% New RCHK uniform
Still in plastic bags

1. Girls' Stripe Polo Shirt, Grey, Size 26, $50
2. Girls' Stripe Polo Shirt, Khaki, Size 26, $50
3. Girls' Skorts, Grey, Size 4, $55
4. Girls' Skorts, Khaki, Size 4, $55
5. P.E. Shirt, Size 24, $30
6. P.E. Shorts, Size 26, $30
7. Basketball Cap, Khaki, Size 54, $35
8. Socks, Short, Grey, Size 19-21, $10
9. Socks, Short, Khaki, Size 19-21, 2 pairs, $10/pair
10. Library Bag, Panda, $40

Whole Set $300
Please pm me if interested.

[ 本帖最後由 drmfsltd 於 09-8-25 20:46 編輯 ]
作者: Radiomama    時間: 09-8-25 22:07

My boy didn't know how to write "太陽" & "耳朵" too!
I receive the time table today.  Any idea about the session of "UOI"?  

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-8-25 18:25 發表

My daughter told me the Chinese teacher asked them to write "太陽" but she didn't know how. She then asked me to write the characters when I was home. Really hop ...

作者: oooray    時間: 09-8-26 09:05

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-8-25 18:25 發表

My daughter told me the Chinese teacher asked them to write "太陽" but she didn't know how. She then asked me to write the characters when I was home. Really hop ...

my problem is that she didn't tell me anything happened inside the class! (it has been  her STYLE)
Maybe i need to ask your daughter directly what was happening at school later on!
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-8-26 09:39

I didn't find the time table. Was it in the folder or handbook??

The school asked us to write a short description about our children but I was too tired last night. I will probably finish it tonight. Sigh....

I think UOI stands for "Unit of Inquiry".

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-8-25 22:07 發表

作者: jennachan    時間: 09-8-26 14:22

原帖由 oooray 於 09-8-25 15:54 發表

hi oooray,
Oh good !!   I am happy to meet one of parent here which is the same class with my daughter.
did your daughter or son started to loss some of their hat or snack box in school ?  
my girl was lost her snack box even i was put the labelled on it.   
Hope our kids will love their school and teacher.   
My daughter kept to saying to me that she don't have friend there..   it seems so sad.   

Jenna Mom
作者: jennachan    時間: 09-8-26 14:24

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-8-26 09:39 發表
I didn't find the time table. Was it in the folder or handbook??

The school asked us to write a short description about our children but I was too tired last night. I will probably finish it tonight. ...

I also can't find any separate paper of time table, are you guys talked about the time table inside their handbook ?   Jenna Mom
作者: jennachan    時間: 09-8-26 14:26

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-8-25 22:07 發表

Hi Radiomama,
yes, my daughter started to saying that she doesn't has strong knowledges in chinese...  It seems their teacher is expected our kids to have more knowledges then.
how is your son ?   which class he attend ?
Jenna Mom
作者: 可敏    時間: 09-8-26 16:27     標題: 回覆 63# jennachan 的文章

My girl have lost her tower box cover last two day.
作者: oooray    時間: 09-8-26 16:27

原帖由 jennachan 於 09-8-26 14:22 發表

hi oooray,
Oh good !!   I am happy to meet one of parent here which is the same class with my daughter.
did your daughter or son started to loss some of their hat or snack box in school ?  
my girl  ...

From my observations, most Anfield children are in 1MH Class.
Luckily enough my daughter has not lost anything yet but losing something is a good experience in her life.
The class teacher is very nice. I sent her a few emails asking this and asking that and were all answered promptly.
It is not easily for children (except those with very out-going characters) to make new friends in a big class of 28 children within a few days.
Let them manage themselves. Parents cannot make friends for their children...
作者: 可敏    時間: 09-8-26 16:32     標題: 回覆 58# 琬晴B 的文章

In fact , these chinese words are diffucal for a 5 years old childen. Even my girl studied  in a traditional kindergarden before, they did not learn  "太陽" yet.
作者: bigbighei    時間: 09-8-26 16:45

OOO! My Boy is in 1KB class!

原帖由 可敏 於 09-8-26 16:32 發表
In fact , these chinese words are diffucal for a 5 years old childen. Even my girl studied  in a traditional kindergarden before, they did not learn  "太陽" yet.

作者: PurpleSea    時間: 09-8-26 17:30

My girl is in 1MF.  She lost two hats already.
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-8-26 18:09

Unluckily, my daughter's ex-classmate is not in the same class with my daughter. My daughter asked why but then comforted herself by saying they may still see each other from time to time.

My girl's water bottle was missing but she insisted she didn't "lose" it anywhere. For the fisher hat, the class teacher is so nice that she helped write my daughter's name on it with a marker.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-8-26 16:27 發表

From my observations, most Anfield children are in 1MH Class.
Luckily enough my daughter has not lost anything yet but losing something is a good experience in her life.
The class teacher is very nic ...

作者: birdbird    時間: 09-8-26 20:45

原帖由 可敏 於 09-8-24 23:49 發表
birdbird,
do you put the lunch box and snack box into the school bag, or hand carry.

because children have to go up and down the stairs, I worry that if put two boxes into the school bag, it will be ...

可敏,
I separate the snacks and the lunch box by 2 different bags. The bags are with handles so my boy can carry the bag or put it on his shoulder while he can hold the railings going up and down the stairs.

Actually, there are not many books they need to carry everyday. They need to bring the home learning diary, in the communication bag, everyday. At weekends, they may bring 1 or 2 books from school for chinese reading/writing. I give a big school bag for my boy just to hold the snack bag, lunch bag & the library bag. Always ask your little honey to put everything, including library bag, water bottle, snack box, jacket, cap, back to the school bag after use. Otherwise, they will keep losing things. The cap & the water bottle should be kept in the snack bag or lunch bag if he doesn't use them during the breaks. these 2 things are the most easily lost items for my little boy.

[ 本帖最後由 birdbird 於 09-8-26 20:52 編輯 ]
作者: Radiomama    時間: 09-8-26 22:32

My boy is in 1ZR!  His ex-classmates go to another two classes!  Ooosp!

However, we could do something!!  

My colleague's girl goes to the same class with my son, so I introduced them to each other on the first day.  After a couple of days, surprisingly, both of them claim that they are "good friends" now!

Will you bring your kids to school?  If so, let's meet someday and we could make friends with each other and so do our kids!

The timetable was put into the communication bag but maybe just for 1ZR.  That's why some of the students wore PE uniform according to the schedule.  (Outdoor session on Wed and Fri)  Besides, my son's class has library session on Fri, so we should bring the library bag on that day.

And today I receive the "homework" too!  No need to return on the next day, right???
作者: oooray    時間: 09-8-27 09:39

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-8-26 18:09 發表
Unluckily, my daughter's ex-classmate is not in the same class with my daughter. My daughter asked why but then comforted herself by saying they may still see each other from time to time.

My girl's  ...

My daughter said there is a "hub area" outside the Year one classroom and children from different class have chance and meet there.
That's ok! As mentioned in the orientation, children always make new friends and change friends.
Parents cannot do "matching" (friends or marriage...) for their children. Right?

I guess it is not easy to find your "belongings" if it was lost in the hub area...
Yesterday, I was complained i didn't put her hat in her school bag and she could not play outside...
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-8-27 11:20

My daughter's ex-classmate is in 1ZR.:D :D :D

My daughter is a bus-rider so I can't be the "match-maker". She told me no one took her to her classroom on the first school day (20 Aug) after getting off. Then she asked a "Big Brother" the way, haha.... Actually I was a bit worried when I heard the first part.

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-8-26 22:32 發表
My boy is in 1ZR!  His ex-classmates go to another two classes!  Ooosp!

However, we could do something!!  

My colleague's girl goes to the same class with my son, so I introduced them to each other  ...

[ 本帖最後由 琬晴B 於 09-8-27 11:42 編輯 ]
作者: Radiomama    時間: 09-8-27 11:36

mm, I was introduced to a mum and her girl is from KCIS, ha ha!   

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-8-27 11:20 發表
My daughter's ex-classmate is in 1ZR.:D :D :D

作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-8-27 11:43

Is her name starting with "T"? Haha.....

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-8-27 11:36 發表
mm, I was introduced to a mum and her girl is from KCIS, ha ha!   

作者: Radiomama    時間: 09-8-27 12:16

Yes yes!  Did we meet on the first day too??

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-8-27 11:43 發表
Is her name starting with "T"? Haha.....

作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-8-27 18:16

Oh, I'm not sure.  I didn't stay long after the orientation as I had to go back to work that afternoon. I was only introduced to another mum & daughter of MH class. :D :D :D

原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-8-27 12:16 發表
Yes yes!  Did we meet on the first day too??

作者: jennachan    時間: 09-8-27 23:35

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-8-27 18:16 發表
Oh, I'm not sure.  I didn't stay long after the orientation as I had to go back to work that afternoon. I was only introduced to another mum & daughter of MH class. :D :D :D

my daughter was lost her snack box on tuesday and never back..   So, don't think to hv luck to get it back..   I did put a label on all her stuffs.   
Hope all our kids can learn more how to manage their belonging...
作者: birdbird    時間: 09-8-29 00:35

原帖由 jennachan 於 09-8-27 23:35 發表

my daughter was lost her snack box on tuesday and never back..   So, don't think to hv luck to get it back..   I did put a label on all her stuffs.   
Hope all our kids can learn more how to manage t ...

True, luck is required if a kid loses/leaves his stuff somewhere at school even though the stuff is well labelled.

My son lost 1 cap and 1 bottle in year 1......
sounds not so bad.
作者: vivmum    時間: 09-9-1 20:51

Hey, My son is in 1MH, too.
Nice to meet you guys here.

Unfortunatelly, the primary school will be closed for 7 days due to H1N1.   How to arrange these extra free days for him is a headache.
作者: oooray    時間: 09-9-1 23:09

原帖由 vivmum 於 09-9-1 20:51 發表
Hey, My son is in 1MH, too.
Nice to meet you guys here.

Unfortunatelly, the primary school will be closed for 7 days due to H1N1.   How to arrange these extra free days for him is a headache.

Glad to see so many 1MH parents here....really frustrated to school closure while they have been settling down...
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-9-2 14:25

Just received homeroom teacher's email.

I don't have any special plan for my daughter. She will just stay at home and play with her little brother.

Best wishes for the infected ones and hope they get well soon!!!

原帖由 oooray 於 09-9-1 23:09 發表

Glad to see so many 1MH parents here....really frustrated to school closure while they have been settling down...

作者: oooray    時間: 09-9-2 15:52

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-9-2 14:25 發表
Just received homeroom teacher's email.

I don't have any special plan for my daughter. She will just stay at home and play with her little brother.

Best wishes for the infected ones and hope they g ...

I have got the homelearning email...we have got a lot of "homework" to do...
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-9-2 16:13

oooray,

Can you open the link @ "Art" page?

琬晴B

原帖由 oooray 於 09-9-2 15:52 發表

I have got the homelearning email...we have got a lot of "homework" to do...

作者: oooray    時間: 09-9-2 16:19

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-9-2 16:13 發表
oooray,

琬晴B

2 jpg files are linked.
I could not figure it out what should i do for the 2nd page. I've asked teacher and now waiting for her reply.
作者: oooray    時間: 09-9-2 16:23

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-9-2 16:13 發表
oooray,

琬晴B

pls. also check PM.
作者: Radiomama    時間: 09-9-7 15:22

Any idea to open the link related to ART?

Thank you.
作者: jackie_jensen    時間: 09-12-1 09:05

Hi moms n dads,
my girl will join the Y1 family on 4/1. Any suggestion for us? A bit worry that she is not that out going.
作者: super8    時間: 09-12-1 23:46

Hi All,

The competition to get into RC and other ESF primary is becoming worse and keen.

I'd like my girl to study in RC and my original plan is to send her to ESF TY (now waiting for the result).  However, some friends told me that the English standard for quite a number of ESF kids are not up to standard and suggest me to stay with YMCA (my girl is now studying in YMCA Pre-K).

May I share some insights with you experienced parentts that if the English level for ESF TY is really that bad?  And the reject rate for them are quite high?  

And actually, I'm quite happy to have my girl to continue her study in YMCA, just that I'd like to have a slight higher prirority to get into RC and ESF primary.  But now, if the English standard for ESF TY kids are that poor, the chance for interview would not help much, isn't it?
作者: oooray    時間: 09-12-2 11:16

原帖由 super8 於 09-12-1 23:46 發表
Hi All,

The competition to get into RC and other ESF primary is becoming worse and keen.

I'd like my girl to study in RC and my original plan is to send her to ESF TY (now waiting for the result).   ...

1. Last year RC interviewed all 3XX applicants, no matter where you were from;
2. This year, only 3xx out of 5xx applicants were selected for 1st round interview;
3. Imagine your child are a non-ESF kinder cat. 2 applicant, with very good English level, but not on the 1st round interview list, how worry u will be;
4. U can sharpen your child's english by different methods but u can do nothing to push you to a little bit higher priority; last one get an offer and first one on the waiting list make a huge difference;
5. My son has switched to ESF TY K1 this year due to unfruitful experience of my daughter. I don't want to experience it again next year;
6. I don't care the reject rate of any school. U may be the one of losers in high hit rate school if u do not perform well in interview;
7. I have never rely on the 3 hours a day kindergarten time prepare everything fulfilling the interview in Jan 2011;
8. My feeling is that open classroom environment in ESF TY makes learning not as strict as those with their own classrooms. Most K2 children there Ebglish are good enough to qualify for ESF/RC admission standard;
9. In such environment, it is not surprising some children with parents do nothing sharpening their English may fail in the P1 interview. I think we should not blame the school.
10. Many parents (including me) are having such dilemma. There is no absolutely correct or wrong answer.
作者: iamfine    時間: 09-12-2 11:29

I'd like my girl to study in RC and my original plan is to send her to ESF TY (now waiting for the result).  However, some friends told me that the English standard for quite a number of ESF kids are not up to standard and suggest me to stay with YMCA (my girl is now studying in YMCA Pre-K)...

Don't worry too much.  In most cases and in the worst case scenario, the kids' English can only be as poor as that of their parents.

More often than not, OK parents are OK with their kids' schools (and the reverse is true).  If your acquaintances are always not OK with their kids' schools, they are likely to be not so OK parents.  Avoid them like plague.  Run, don't walk.  Why should you hang out with someone who can't make their kids learn from their experience and gain from their schools?  Life is too short to stick to those negative energy generators.  It may be too blunt for me to say this, but if you are surrounded by people who always love to complain about their kids' school (or, for that matter other people's kids' schools), chance is that you too are not a very OK parent.  Try to turn to the happy parents to find out why they feel happy.  There are always something to learn from them.  It's really that simple - embrace the OK; avoid the not OK.

[ 本帖最後由 iamfine 於 09-12-2 11:40 編輯 ]
作者: highfive    時間: 09-12-2 12:12

iamfine,

I think a lot of parents here probably don't like your style and tone of posts, but I think you're simply being very honest.
作者: super8    時間: 09-12-2 13:18

Hi oooray,

really thanks for your detailed clarification.  This makes the picture more clearer for me.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-12-2 11:16 發表

1. Last year RC interviewed all 3XX applicants, no matter where you were from;
2. This year, only 3xx out of 5xx applicants were selected for 1st round interview;
3. Imagine your child are a non-ESF  ...

作者: super8    時間: 09-12-2 13:26

Hi iamfine,

Thanks and you are always very helpful by pinpointing a different way of thoughts.   

原帖由 iamfine 於 09-12-2 11:29 發表

Don't worry too much.  In most cases and in the worst case scenario, the kids' English can only be as poor as that of their parents.

More often than not, OK parents are OK with their kids' schools  ...

作者: oooray    時間: 09-12-2 14:32

原帖由 super8 於 09-12-2 13:18 發表
Hi oooray,

really thanks for your detailed clarification.  This makes the picture more clearer for me.

just saw your question in another thread. I guess I have answered most of your questions...As a responsible parent, I've never worried my children cannot pick up sociable Chinese(Cantonese) language skill. What i need to take extra effort in Putonghua...
Hope u can make your own decision with no regret.
作者: super8    時間: 09-12-2 18:38

Hi oooray,

Yes and you did provide a lot of useful info to me.  Same as you that my concern over Chinese is the ability to speak in Putonghua and read/write Chinese characters.  I do not worry too much over Cantonese because of the rich surrounding environment here in HK.

I've been to the RC school tour last month and I am so impressed by the idea of "hub" area for the lower primary students.  Not sure if they have the same for upper primary?

How do you find RC so far?  Communication between school and parents is satisfactory?  I do hope my girl will be lucky enough to be there one day and be the schoolmate of your kids.

Thanks and cheers for all caring dads and moms.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-12-2 14:32 發表

just saw your question in another thread. I guess I have answered most of your questions...As a responsible parent, I've never worried my children cannot pick up sociable Chinese(Cantonese) language  ...

作者: oooray    時間: 09-12-2 21:14

原帖由 super8 於 09-12-2 18:38 發表
Hi oooray,

Yes and you did provide a lot of useful info to me.  Same as you that my concern over Chinese is the ability to speak in Putonghua and read/write Chinese characters.  I do not worry too mu ...

practices make perfect.
with relatively better resources nowadays, our children should speak better putonghua than mine if they work hard.
RC hub: i love it, too. my daughter can make a few friends from other classes thro' playing in the hub. that is bonus to me. no idea for upper primary...maybe other parents can share.
communications : as a working parent i feel so sorry for not joining all activities. the school has a high degree of transparency and u will know what is going to happen thro' email/website even i am not there physically.
i've no complaint to the school so far(except a little bit far away from home) and my daughter is very happy everyday. i guess most RC parents share the same feelings.
作者: almom    時間: 09-12-2 21:50

The set up for all primary levels are the same. Classes in the same year level share a common area: the hub.

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5