教育王國

標題: ESF WKS K2 2009 parents [打印本頁]

作者: girlsmama    時間: 09-6-16 21:49     標題: ESF WKS K2 2009 parents

Hi, my elder daughter will in WKS K2 in coming August. Nice to meet the K2 parents here
作者: girlsmama    時間: 09-6-16 22:07

My girl is anticipating to go to the new school and meet up with new friends.
She told me she nearly cried on the last day at her old school while she hugged her teachers and friends goodbye. How sweet....
作者: charlotte_bee    時間: 09-6-16 22:36

Hello~
My girl will in WKS K2 (am session)
Nice to met you
作者: girlsmama    時間: 09-6-16 22:45

Hi, my girl will be in AM class as well
Nice to meet you.
Will your girl travel on school bus?
作者: charlotte_bee    時間: 09-6-17 02:11

Actually, i want my girl travel on school bus, but I am not sure their service can cover my district or not...If yes, I'll driving in first month and travel on the school bus in second month.
作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-6-17 14:44

Hello,  my girl will also attend K2 AM in coming august.  I also hope she can take the school bus.
By the way, which kinder your gals are studying for K1?
作者: girlsmama    時間: 09-6-17 22:10

kingston in kowloon tong
作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-6-17 22:53

My girl also studied in Kingston before (2 yr old class), now she is studying in YMCA International Kindergarten in TST.
作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-6-17 22:54

Girlsmama,
did your daughter also study in kingston when she was 2 yrs old? if so, our daughters may be old classmates!
作者: girlsmama    時間: 09-6-17 23:21

Yes, she was in Bumble bee PM class
作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-6-17 23:35

My girl was studying in Ladybugs PM.
作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-6-18 09:43

Did you receive anything else from ESF except the email about school bus etc. earlier? I always worry about missing something from them as they have mistakenly sent an email to a wrong email address to me before....
作者: play    時間: 09-6-18 14:09

Hi, my girl will transfer to WKS this Aug. I knew there are 4 class only at the beginning. Good!! There will be More Space for children to play.
A site visit will be arrange when the school well-prepared.

Any other information.

原帖由 myjasmine 於 09-6-18 09:43 發表
Did you receive anything else from ESF except the email about school bus etc. earlier? I always worry about missing something from them as they have mistakenly sent an email to a wrong email address t ...

作者: girlsmama    時間: 09-6-18 21:35

No, so far only the emails on school bus and a form on my child for class allocation.
No other news yet.
Hope it will all go smoothly
作者: charlotte_bee    時間: 09-6-19 00:22

我同你一樣,只係收到email(school bus & form),仲要係喺垃圾郵件發現....我諗有d家長都可能會miss左個email.

咁大家買校服未?

原帖由 girlsmama 於 09-6-18 21:35 發表
No, so far only the emails on school bus and a form on my child for class allocation.
No other news yet.
Hope it will all go smoothly

作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-6-19 11:45

i have not yet bought the school uniforms.  I thought they will let us have info about that later?
作者: popolung    時間: 09-6-19 13:41

原帖由 myjasmine 於 09-6-19 11:45 發表
i have not yet bought the school uniforms.  I thought they will let us have info about that later?

You can check with Aston Wilson directly, see their detail on ESF website

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/uniform.htm
作者: oooray    時間: 09-6-19 14:10

原帖由 popolung 於 09-6-19 13:41 發表

You can check with Aston Wilson directly, see their detail on ESF website

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/uniform.htm

Dear popolung,
I have a question, too. I'm going to buy K1 uniform for my son.
Regarding shoes, the website said " white rubber soled indoor shoes (trainers of any kind are NOT acceptable)"
What does it stand for? Soled should be rubber white but the top not necessarily white? What is the difference between "indoor shoes" and "trainers"???
Please share your experiences. Thank you!
作者: popolung    時間: 09-6-20 11:35

原帖由 oooray 於 09-6-19 14:10 發表

Dear popolung,
I have a question, too. I'm going to buy K1 uniform for my son.
Regarding shoes, the website said " white rubber soled indoor shoes (trainers of any kind are NOT acceptable)"
What does ...

Honestly speaking, as most IS (at least for ESF), the control for school uniform is not very tight. I only notice that the school ask children not to where Crocs as it is very dangerous somehow. Other than that, should be fine.

These white rubber soled indoor shoes' rules are just like those when you booked badminton court in school or gov't court, but who will really examine the sole finally?

To play safe you can buy shoes accordingly, but when you get into the school in Aug you will see. I guess normally white (no need to be purely white) sports shoes will be good enough, that's what my daughter wear everyday.
作者: oooray    時間: 09-6-20 12:24

原帖由 popolung 於 09-6-20 11:35 發表

Honestly speaking, as most IS (at least for ESF), the control for school uniform is not very tight. I only notice that the school ask children not to where Crocs as it is very dangerous somehow. Oth ...

Thanks popolung.
To play safe, I don't want to receive telephone call on Day 1...
作者: play    時間: 09-6-20 12:34

I think the WKS will copy the same as TY.At TY, all students need to change the white shoes after they went to classroom. You can buy the white shoes at the uniform shop (around $25-).
作者: oooray    時間: 09-6-20 17:40

原帖由 play 於 09-6-20 12:34 發表
I think the WKS will copy the same as TY.At TY, all students need to change the white shoes after they went to classroom. You can buy the white shoes at the uniform shop (around $25-).

Thanks for your input. My son is going to TY, too.
HK$25 or HK$25x?
作者: play    時間: 09-6-21 00:07

white shoes: less than $25
at tsing yi, student can print the colour on the white shoes.

原帖由 oooray 於 09-6-20 17:40 發表

Thanks for your input. My son is going to TY, too.
C or HK$25x?

作者: oooray    時間: 09-6-21 00:57

原帖由 play 於 09-6-21 00:07 發表

really funny!
作者: popolung    時間: 09-6-21 01:08

原帖由 play 於 09-6-20 12:34 發表

Then TY practice is more like local school, as in Abacus, if one has been to, there is nothing called indoor or outdoor ( as outside classroom is 2 ft away from soil & open playground) so it is wasting time for them to change shoes anyway when they get in school. Abacus is more like a village school, but I like it very much!
作者: charlotte_bee    時間: 09-6-21 01:11

$25.... 會唔會著壞腳?

原帖由 play 於 09-6-21 00:07 發表

作者: popolung    時間: 09-6-21 01:14

原帖由 charlotte_bee 於 09-6-21 01:11 發表
$25.... 會唔會著壞腳?

Agree, go buy normal sport shoes la, even Adidas or Nike only cost $1xx - 2xx per pair. Don't save these kinds of money la!
作者: oooray    時間: 09-6-21 01:22

原帖由 popolung 於 09-6-21 01:14 發表

Agree, go buy normal sport shoes la, even Adidas or Nike only cost $1xx - 2xx per pair. Don't save these kinds of money la!

to be honest, i do suspect $25 shoes are available in the uniform shop. as cheap as "white rice fish"...
I was just bleeding in RC uniform shop weeks ago...then to be slaughtered for kinda uniform soon...
作者: popolung    時間: 09-6-21 02:43

原帖由 oooray 於 09-6-21 01:22 發表

to be honest, i do suspect $25 shoes are available in the uniform shop. as cheap as "white rice fish"...
I was just bleeding in RC uniform shop weeks ago...then to be slaughtered for kinda uniform so ...

never mind la, spend money on kids are all happy problems & happy money la!!
作者: shannonchan    時間: 09-6-22 13:52

Hello, can anybody tell me did you receive any calls about school bus? We lives in Tai Po, my son will join in K2, he really needs school bus to WKS. Is there anybody also lives in Tai Po?
作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-6-22 16:19

I did not receive any phone call from them up till now.  Just received a questionaire by email about intention to take school bus.  I think most of the students of WKS ESF will need the school bus service, hope they will let us have more info as soon as possible la.
作者: Tanker    時間: 09-7-13 15:49

Information of WKS Bus Service as follows:

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/kindergartens/WKSbus.htm
作者: popolung    時間: 09-7-14 00:40

Good, though looks like a bit expensive for some areas, at least looks like they can cover many places in HK!
作者: maumiu    時間: 09-7-15 16:06

Hi all,

Just received the starter pack from ESF yesterday there are many useful information including uniform order form.

Can anyone suggest what necessary items that we should order? It is necessary to order raincoat? windbreaker? and how about the white shoe with only costing at HK$ 2x.

pls share
作者: shannonchan    時間: 09-7-16 11:12

I received it too. And I also have these question, so I called school yesterday, they answered that, you should buy baseball cap, school bag, book bag, polo shirt, shorts or skort( boy or girl), white P.E. shoes. On the other hand, cardigan, knit pants, long polo shirt/ raincoat just depends on yourself.
作者: shannonchan    時間: 09-7-16 11:15

My son will be the Kookaburra Class AM student, is it anybody here? It seems only 8 ppls there.
作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-7-16 18:54

Hi Shannonchan,

My girl will be in Kookaburra Am as well.  There should be 20 students in total in this class.  Which group is your son in? My girl is in Group A, we may meet in the first few days!
作者: charlotte_bee    時間: 09-7-17 13:52

I bought the summer uniform last week.:)
(baseball cap, school bag, library bag, polo shirt , skort and cardigan)
作者: shannonchan    時間: 09-7-20 10:33

Hi myjasmine,

My son also in Group A, his name is Ravi Chan. I think your girl is Jasmine Kwok, right? Nice to meet you. Sure, we will meet in the coming day.
原帖由 myjasmine 於 09-7-16 18:54 發表
Hi Shannonchan,

My girl will be in Kookaburra Am as well.  There should be 20 students in total in this class.  Which group is your son in? My girl is in Group A, we may meet in the first few days!

作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-7-20 17:30

yes my girl is Jasmine.  I also noticed that your son will be a K2 student in Kookaburra , same as my daughter.  Very happy to know you here, we can share more later especially about the primary application.  By the way, where did your son study for K1 and which district do you live in?  I found the fee for school bus is not cheap, anyway, it will be more convenient to take school bus, so we have no choice but to apply for it.
作者: X-Mum    時間: 09-7-23 17:20

My friend has some 2nd hand ESF kinder girl's uniform and wants to give away.  U need to pick up from Sai Kung.  Pls PM me if u are interested.
作者: PeonysMum    時間: 09-7-26 13:19

Dear X-Mum,

I have PM you. Please check.

原帖由 X-Mum 於 09-7-23 17:20 發表
My friend has some 2nd hand ESF kinder girl's uniform and wants to give away.  U need to pick up from Sai Kung.  Pls PM me if u are interested.

作者: X-Mum    時間: 09-7-26 15:08     標題: 回覆 42# PeonysMum 的文章

Dear Peonysmum,

I sent my friend's email address to you by PM.  U may contact her directly for the pick up.

X-mum
作者: shannonchan    時間: 09-8-5 11:49

Hi Jasmine mami,

sorry to reply u so late, coz we went trip. We live in Tai Po, my son study N1 and K1 in Mink. How about you?

原帖由 myjasmine 於 09-7-20 17:30 發表
yes my girl is Jasmine.  I also noticed that your son will be a K2 student in Kookaburra , same as my daughter.  Very happy to know you here, we can share more later especially about the primary appli ...

作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-8-5 12:50

Shannonchan, my daughter stayed in Kingston for N1 and YmCA International for K1.  HAve you applied for school bus? wonder when they can confirm if the school bus will take my daughter...
作者: shannonchan    時間: 09-8-5 17:39

Jasmine mami,
I have applied for school bus. But no one can confirm me now. I will call the bus company soon.
Where you live?

原帖由 myjasmine 於 09-8-5 12:50 發表
Shannonchan, my daughter stayed in Kingston for N1 and YmCA International for K1.  HAve you applied for school bus? wonder when they can confirm if the school bus will take my daughter...

作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-8-5 21:00

We live in Kowloon Tong.  I just called the bus company today and they said they will probably be able to confirm in mid Aug.
作者: shannonchan    時間: 09-8-6 17:22     標題: 回覆 47# myjasmine 的文章

Same answer as you. Will you join the meetings for P1 in the coming day?
作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-8-6 18:58

yes i have enrolled for those seminars already....will you go?
作者: shannonchan    時間: 09-8-6 21:14     標題: 回覆 49# myjasmine 的文章

yes, i will go two of them. RC and Beacon Hill. and you? we can join together.
作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-8-6 22:24

Shannon, pls check PM.
作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-8-6 22:43

Shannonchan,

dunno why i cannot send you PM. Lets fix the time and venue when it is close to the seminars !
作者: shannonchan    時間: 09-8-8 18:09     標題: 回覆 52# myjasmine 的文章

Jasmine mami,
u can pm to me [email protected].
作者: shannonchan    時間: 09-8-8 18:10     標題: 回覆 53# shannonchan 的文章

did u buy school uniforms?

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5