教育王國

標題: 高主教vs St. Margaret co-edu [打印本頁]

作者: mgwong    時間: 09-6-25 17:11     標題: 高主教vs St. Margaret co-edu

how to choose???please help
作者: Geni    時間: 09-6-25 18:06

你個小朋友係男仔定女仔? 你住o係邊區?
作者: mgwong    時間: 09-6-25 18:29

Boy. HK side.
But he has a sisiter will apply P.1 this year.
作者: mgwong    時間: 09-6-25 18:33

Hi Geni,
I really like the teaching method of St. Margaret(but as you know it's a quite new school). and 高主教 is a quite famous and tranditional school. please help caused their register date are the same 4/7. wakakaka
作者: Geni    時間: 09-6-25 18:34

如果係男仔, 咁兩間學校都ok, 但如果你想妹妹同哥哥讀同一間學校, 我就覺得st. margaret 好d, 因為我覺得做男校女生唔係幾好!

之不過交通會唔會都係要考慮o既問題? 日日一早過海番學都幾辛苦o個喎~~
作者: mgwong    時間: 09-6-25 18:47

Thanks for yr reply
For 高主教 - school bus time 6:45am (1人辛苦)
st. margaret - No school bus 7:00am -118P direct to school (2人辛苦)
If the school is good, it's worth. Geni, how much u know st. margaret??

原帖由 Geni 於 09-6-25 18:34 發表
如果係男仔, 咁兩間學校都ok, 但如果你想妹妹同哥哥讀同一間學校, 我就覺得st. margaret 好d, 因為我覺得做男校女生唔係幾好!

之不過交通會唔會都係要考慮o既問題? 日日一早過海番學都幾辛苦o個喎~~ ...

作者: bblaw    時間: 09-6-25 18:55

mcwong,
I have some problem with you.I have a boy and a girl. My daughter got a famour girl school, but I choose SMC because I don't want my son go to girl school as a boy in girl school.Of course, the school bus time you should consider.

[ 本帖最後由 bblaw 於 09-6-25 20:04 編輯 ]
作者: mgwong    時間: 09-6-25 19:01

bblaw,
But i wish they can study together.also how much u know about st. margaret??

原帖由 bblaw 於 09-6-25 18:55 發表
mcwong,
I have some problem with you.I have a boy and a girl. My daughter got a famour girl school, but I choose SMC because I don't want my son go to girl as a boy in girl school.Of course, the scho ...

作者: bblaw    時間: 09-6-25 20:11

I don't know too much. But, I know it is improving in primary section.Pls check PM

[ 本帖最後由 bblaw 於 09-6-25 20:16 編輯 ]
作者: Chess    時間: 09-6-25 22:12

Just focus on which one is better or the boy.
If you find it difficult to choose between the two, that means they appear almost equally good to you.  Then if I were you, I would choose the one more convenient in location.
For your daughter's path, just desregard it.  There is no guarantee that she will be accepted SMC.  Moreover, what if she is accepted DGS? You never know.
作者: ononprincess    時間: 09-6-25 22:21

agree, location and also the secondary school (school net should be the main concern).
作者: G-Ma    時間: 09-6-25 23:35

smc係新思維學校, 要你buy佢既concept先會讀得開心.

我囡囡今年升小四, 我自己好滿意佢既學習進度.  英文環境好好, 水平比一般小學高1-2級.
作者: mgwong    時間: 09-6-26 10:57

G-ma,
u're always helpful. I'm afraid the新思維學校會有d混亂, G-ma, do have this feeling??

原帖由 G-Ma 於 09-6-25 23:35 發表
smc係新思維學校, 要你buy佢既concept先會讀得開心.

我囡囡今年升小四, 我自己好滿意佢既學習進度.  英文環境好好, 水平比一般小學高1-2級.

作者: WD40    時間: 09-6-26 13:38

I personally, rather agreed w/ G-ma coz my son is also studying in SMC p.1 and going on to p.2 after summer holiday.

Honestly, SMC still has room for further improvement when comparing with traditional schools.  However, their new teaching method and style quite encourage students to read by themselves, to search info by themselves and to do home assignment / class projects by themselves.  It's a good training for students.

Moreover, I believe once kids are proficiency in languages (Eng & Chi & Putonghau), then they would be much easily to pick up and learn other subjects like Hist, Econ, Eng Lit, Chi Lit...etc

So....

Anyway, just my own views to share with all concerned parties.

WD40

原帖由 mgwong 於 09-6-26 10:57 發表
G-ma,

作者: WD40    時間: 09-6-26 13:45

想再回應多一點,就係學習ge 路程好漫長,我個人就唔想一起步就谷到d小朋友怕左返學、怕左睇書、怕左做功課!我只希望我囝囝可以enjoy school life 同埋享受學習ge 過程。識得learning to learn 先至可以持久同埋可以應用係將來工作。

WD40

原帖由 WD40 於 09-6-26 13:38 發表
I personally, rather agreed w/ G-ma coz my son is also studying in SMC p.1 and going on to p.2 after summer holiday.

Honestly, SMC still has room for further improvement when comparing with tradition ...

作者: AaronMa    時間: 09-6-26 13:51

Hi WD40,

I'm interested to know if your son was already having the habit of reading before entering SMC.  My son will study P1 in SMC this year but he does not have the habit of reading by himself.   A bit worried for him...

Honestly, SMC still has room for further improvement when comparing with tradition ...

作者: WD40    時間: 09-6-26 15:55

Don't worry too much.

At the begining, I never expect my son have reading habit but just wish he enjoy school life and learn more other languages like Japanese, French & Spanish in smc.

However, as smc provided a series of reading report / program for students to do.  As result, my son build up reading habit.  It's really a BONUS.

Currently, he always request to library to borrow books for him to read at home...haaa...it's a rather good method to kill time...not bad!

WD40

原帖由 AaronMa 於 09-6-26 13:51 發表
Hi WD40,

I'm interested to know if your son was already having the habit of reading before entering SMC.  My son will study P1 in SMC this year but he does not have the habit of reading by himself.   ...

作者: AaronMa    時間: 09-6-26 16:54

I hope my son can also pick up such good habit..  

Thanks.

原帖由 WD40 於 09-6-26 15:55 發表
Don't worry too much.

At the begining, I never expect my son have reading habit but just wish he enjoy school life and learn more other languages like Japanese, French & Spanish in smc.

However, as  ...

作者: gategate    時間: 09-6-26 17:17     標題: Hi WD40 & AaronMa

Nice to see what u tell, I also want to know more about this school. I heard some parent don't like this school..cause child too open..and naughty wor..Also, is there many foreign students? How many?
I also not understand much of this school, after look on WD40 experience sound good..can you give more example. i really interest to know more ...
About reading habit, my son only like read picture in books not the words inside...so quick to read.
How your son become like to read book?
Also my son already so active la..if not traditional school...whether too free to him na???
I so afraid he will out of control...
Can you share your point of view??

Thank you!!
作者: G-Ma    時間: 09-6-26 17:38

smc前身係傳統女校, 所以校長及部份老師, 職員都有多年辦學經驗, 所以唔算太混亂.  當然係前期入學, 家長學生都要適應一陣子, 但整體算ok.

原帖由 mgwong 於 09-6-26 10:57 發表
G-ma,

作者: mgwong    時間: 09-6-26 20:12

G-ma,

do u know any student live in HK side??

原帖由 G-Ma 於 09-6-26 17:38 發表
smc前身係傳統女校, 所以校長及部份老師, 職員都有多年辦學經驗, 所以唔算太混亂.  當然係前期入學, 家長學生都要適應一陣子, 但整體算ok.

作者: G-Ma    時間: 09-6-26 21:15

Most of them are living in Kowloon side or NT.
作者: bblaw    時間: 09-6-26 23:38

原帖由 G-Ma 於 09-6-26 21:15 發表
Most of them are living in Kowloon side or NT.

Yes, last week, I went to observe the SMC students, I found a F1 student who told me he lives in HK side and came from a band 1 primary school.

[ 本帖最後由 bblaw 於 09-6-27 00:17 編輯 ]
作者: elizatyy    時間: 09-6-26 23:44

Totally agree!  I think our kids should be trained to be independent and enjoy going to school.
作者: CHIULHJ    時間: 09-6-27 14:23

Hi mgwong,

My son is going to study at SMC for P1 2009/2010.  I live in Kennedy Town.  I am planning to accompany him to school by myself and then go to work (my office is at Lai Chi Kok) if it is easy to catch a taxi to leave after sending him to school.  Otherwise, my maid will be the one who bring him to and from school (though I don't want her to spend so many hours on travelling every day).

原帖由 mgwong 於 09-6-26 20:12 發表
G-ma,

do u know any student live in HK side??

作者: DaddyShum    時間: 09-6-27 15:46

我個仔咁啱又係 高主教 同 smc, 亞仔自己決定揀smc。

我同意亞仔嘅決定, 除咗因為佢對語言有興趣, 相信可以夾到 smc 外, 最主要係响 bk 見到 d 家長都好主動分享, 同埋大部分對學校嘅 comment 都好正面。信心呢樣嘢可以好簡單, words of mouth 就好足夠, 唔一定要數據。

反正以後幾十年嘅路都唔到我哋做父母嚟安排, 兩間都係好學校, 不如聽吓小朋友自己嘅睇法呀。
作者: mgwong    時間: 09-6-27 17:40

daddy shum,
would u mind to let me know u live in hk side or kowloon side?my son also told me he likes SMC.

原帖由 DaddyShum 於 09-6-27 15:46 發表
我個仔咁啱又係 高主教 同 smc, 亞仔自己決定揀smc。

我同意亞仔嘅決定, 除咗因為佢對語言有興趣, 相信可以夾到 smc 外, 最主要係响 bk 見到 d 家長都好主動分享, 同埋大部分對學校嘅 comment 都好正面。信心呢樣嘢 ...

作者: mgwong    時間: 09-6-27 17:43

Hi ChiuLHJ,
Thanks for yr reply. I think I will choose SMC see u on sat. wakakaka

原帖由 CHIULHJ 於 09-6-27 14:23 發表
Hi mgwong,

My son is going to study at SMC for P1 2009/2010.  I live in Kennedy Town.  I am planning to accompany him to school by myself and then go to work (my office is at Lai Chi Kok) if it is ea ...

作者: CHIULHJ    時間: 09-6-27 20:16

Hi mgwong,

You're welcomed.

I forfeited the seat of St. Peter Primary School which is a top government primary school in my district (I am the old student of this school.  I would have gotten a seat if I applied this school).

I shared the same view with DaddyShum.  Most SMC's parents are friendly and helpful.  They bolster my confidence on SMC.  
原帖由 mgwong 於 09-6-27 17:43 發表
Hi ChiuLHJ,

作者: bblaw    時間: 09-6-27 21:42

Hi mgwong,

Welcome you. My kid go to register on Sat
作者: DaddyShum    時間: 09-6-27 23:05

we live in Tsing Yi, SMC is more preferable if traveling is taken into consideration.

原帖由 mgwong 於 09-6-27 17:40 發表
daddy shum,
would u mind to let me know u live in hk side or kowloon side?my son also told me he likes SMC.

作者: G-Ma    時間: 09-6-28 00:48

由學校行去荔枝角地鐵站大概15分鐘, 夏天會辛苦D.

原帖由 CHIULHJ 於 09-6-27 14:23 發表
Hi mgwong,

My son is going to study at SMC for P1 2009/2010.  I live in Kennedy Town.  I am planning to accompany him to school by myself and then go to work (my office is at Lai Chi Kok) if it is ea ...

作者: avislai    時間: 09-6-28 09:16

Any one could share the discipline of students in SMC or in RC?  Are there many naughty students?  I found that children learn quickly from the peers, especially naughty things.
作者: chunheimama    時間: 09-6-28 09:40

首先兩間學校高低我吾清楚。

但我自已會揀高主教, 因我舊同事的仔在此讀得很開心, 她說他從來沒有去補習, 但我見他英文幾好。假期都可以週圍去, 不用死讀書。

而高主教的升中網超靚, , 對將來上大學比較有利。
作者: elizatyy    時間: 09-6-28 15:54

原帖由 G-Ma 於 09-6-28 00:48 發表
由學校行去荔枝角地鐵站大概15分鐘, 夏天會辛苦D.

How far is it from the school to the Lam Cheong station?
作者: G-Ma    時間: 09-6-28 18:47

行10分鐘左右

原帖由 elizatyy 於 09-6-28 15:54 發表

How far is it from the school to the Lam Cheong station?

作者: ngyk    時間: 09-6-29 12:37

I'm happy to know you have the decision, I still don't make the decision. (your son and my daughter go to the same English Class)
Keep in touch.

原帖由 mgwong 於 09-6-27 17:43 發表
Hi ChiuLHJ,

作者: mgwong    時間: 09-6-29 17:01

Hello,
Keep In touch Let me know your decision later...

原帖由 ngyk 於 09-6-29 12:37 發表
I'm happy to know you have the decision, I still don't make the decision. (your son and my daughter go to the same English Class)
Keep in touch.

作者: vesley    時間: 09-6-30 02:15

SMC is more preferable
作者: elizatyy    時間: 09-6-30 23:51

原帖由 G-Ma 於 09-6-28 18:47 發表
行10分鐘左右

thank you
作者: WD40    時間: 09-7-1 22:02

hi gate gate,

其實我唔知點為之 "open",尤其放在 "學生"而言。

我覺得smc 採取較 "free" 教學模式。 所謂FREE 係指他們上課時會採用分組形式,把程度及語文基礎接近的學生編入同一 group ,係教學上就因應每 group 進度而有所不同。以我所知,其中一 group (p.1) 程度已追及其他小學p.2 程度,而其英文更趕上其他p.3 程度。

與其他 famous traditional schools 要學生正經八百座係課室,專心聆聽教師講書,smc反而encourage students to ask questions, to raise their ideas, to present some projects by themselves, to perform some puppet shows / other shows in front of class...etc。 好多時 smc teachers would like communicate with studnets in TWO WAYS.  

當然,課堂內基本規則都要學生遵守。好似初初開學時,我囝囝話我知上英文堂時,有2個同學仔用中文交談,個NET 即時用Eng 對住全班同學講話,上Eng Lesson 請用Eng交談及發問,並希望當老師講書時,大家keep silence 以免影響其他同學學習…之後同學就好自律用Eng ask questions and change & share ideas with others…

上中文堂時 (以普通話教授),老師係教完課本後,必利用10-15分鐘同學生玩問答遊戲 (同樣要求學生用普通話答),看看誰的分數最高…等等

唔否認,當中有幾個學生(p.1) 頗玩皮,因之前參加學校旅行時遇見過。但亦不得不承應他們腦筋轉數頗快,亦講得一口流利Eng & Putonghua。

講真句,現時小學生有幾多個唔玩皮,唔百厭?DBS 小學生都私自玩爬樹啦。咁樣係屬於 open, naughty, 定 free??於本人而言,學生有少少百厭,我會接受到,尤其小學生,他們都只係幾歲人仔,當然基本規距他們要知亦要學習,但自律亦好重要。

其實每間學校都有其長處及弱點;而學生亦有品學兼優,更有懷份子,所以好多時,除靠學校老師之外,家庭父母影響都好深遠。

大家努力啦  

WD40

原帖由 gategate 於 09-6-26 17:17 發表
Nice to see what u tell, I also want to know more about this school. I heard some parent don't like this school..cause child too open..and naughty wor..Also, is there many foreign students? How many?

[ 本帖最後由 WD40 於 09-7-1 22:25 編輯 ]
作者: ChapmanMa    時間: 09-7-1 23:06

Dear WD40,
I totally agree your opinions.  You did say the right things & points.

BTW, hope the other parents who still hold more than 1 DSS / private seat, please make your decision asap and release the seat to the kids/parents in need.  Thanks a lot.

ChapmanMa

原帖由 WD40 於 09-7-1 22:02 發表
hi gate gate,

其實我唔知點為之 "open",尤其放在 "學生"而言。

我覺得smc 採取較 "free" 教學模式。 所謂FREE 係指他們上課時會採用分組形式,把程度及語文基礎接近的學生編入同一 group ,係教學上就因應每 group 進 ...

作者: gategate    時間: 09-7-8 10:46

Hi Wd40,

Very clear to let us know more on this school!! This is so good to teach students in group of same level! And sound good to encourage students on learning!

I think students in this school really can enjoy school life but togather with learning!

THANK YOU FOR REPLY & GOOD SHARING!!

Hope all of our children enjoy the school life!!
作者: WD40    時間: 09-7-8 21:10

Dear chapmanma & gate gate,

You're welcome

Just to share my own views to those concerned parents.   Frankly, my view points may not 100% true.

To have full picture and understanding abt the school, I highly recommend parents try to attend the school briefing and also observe students during lunch hour / after school hour.

Wish parents could make good choice for their students.

Best wishes
WD40

原帖由 gategate 於 09-7-8 10:46 發表
Hi Wd40,

Very clear to let us know more on this school!! This is so good to teach students in group of same level! And sound good to encourage students on learning!

I think students in this school r ...

作者: WD40    時間: 09-7-8 21:12

hi chapmanma,

Has SMC offered seat to your son?  Wish SMC accept your son.

Best wishes
WD40

原帖由 ChapmanMa 於 09-7-1 23:06 發表
Dear WD40,
I totally agree your opinions.  You did say the right things & points.

BTW, hope the other parents who still hold more than 1 DSS / private seat, please make your decision asap and release ...

作者: ChapmanMa    時間: 09-7-8 22:53

hi WD40,

Really thanks for your encouragement.  However, I am still waiting for SMC's call.  I am still under the waiting list...wait ar wait...very bad feeling....

原帖由 WD40 於 09-7-8 21:12 發表
hi chapmanma,

Has SMC offered seat to your son?  Wish SMC accept your son.

Best wishes
WD40

作者: gategate    時間: 09-7-9 15:58     標題: 回覆 3# WD40 的文章

WD40,

anyway thank you so much!!

gategate
作者: mamacartier    時間: 09-7-9 18:06

Dear all,

My son will be in K3 this Sept. Just want to know if RC and SMC still allow your kid to participate in central allocation (the Lunky draw) after they offer a seat to your kid???

Please share. Many thanks !!!
作者: Web    時間: 09-7-9 18:17

原帖由 mamacartier 於 09-7-9 18:06 發表
Dear all,

My son will be in K3 this Sept. Just want to know if RC and SMC still allow your kid to participate in central allocation (the Lunky draw) after they offer a seat to your kid???

Please sh ...

SMC係直資, 你揀左佢, 就無得再參與自行/統一.
作者: mgwong    時間: 09-7-9 18:52

Same as RC.

原帖由 Web 於 09-7-9 18:17 發表

SMC係直資, 你揀左佢, 就無得再參與自行/統一.

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5