教育王國

標題: Down-grade St. Paul Coed after the briefing session [打印本頁]

作者: liyinfai    時間: 09-9-9 19:54     標題: Down-grade St. Paul Coed after the briefing session

I just went to the briefing session.
The feelings is Not a really happy experience!!
The principal Ms Lee answer some questions very trickly:
1/ One parent ask for IB. She answer that student at F3 will not need to compet for IB position (IB start at F4). However, the student will be advised to choose 334 or IB by school. She also admit that SPCC is a DSS, that mean only 50% student can seat for IB and 50% goes for 334.  However, she insist there will be not assessment or competition for IB post at F4.
If all of us are clever enough, it is not possible to let all the students wishing for IB goes for IB program in F4 (assume over 50% students finally decide to go for IB , even tough some of them are advised by school not to apply IB). The principal 's answer is tricky

2/ One parent ask if the homework is heavy in SPCC as a whole. Again, Principal answer it very skillfully. She said in first half year of G1 life, there is no test of exam. She is proud to say what she stress is the happy school life! Oh my god, what we want to know is as a whole for coming 12 years. She just misleading the direction to the 1st half yr. Actually, everyone knows SPCC is the very famous school in the sense of pushing, pushing and pushing the academic results. I know that every student inside is assigned a file. The use of that file is to record the no. of prize the student get in the competition inside and outside the school. The answer given is tricky and misleading.

The feeelings after the talk:
1/ SPSS is a DSS only. The power is not from the teacher but comes from the parents. SPCC is a place who tries to gather those parents who like to push, pressure their child to get the academic excellence but not education.
2/ I believe SPCC can produce examination expert because the school's theme aim meet the requirment of parents: => Pushing, Squeezing the children mind, soul to get excellent results via competition.
3/ The teachers' qualification is not differnet from other DSS. It is important but the principal did not mention. She tries to establish the image of SPCC as a very top school in HK
4/ I really don't like the attitude of that 2 ladies/principals. I have attended the briefing sessions in these two yrs. These two ladies were so proud of leading this school so "successfully". During the briefing sessions in 2008 and 2009, they always ask the parents to listen carefully the so-called requirement they want during the interview. " You 'll not know what I am looking for during the play time" ; "I want the student should be like this, smile, smart...so on so on"; "Remember la , I'll choose only 200 children out of so many application during 5-minute interview" ..... One thing I need to stress is that The AIM of Briefing seesion is (1) to introduce the school to parents so that the parents can consider whether this school is suitable to the kid or not. (2) I don't want to know the "tips" of interview. I want to asses this school is qualified to suit my kid or not. (3) You, as the principal, should talk more the real life of student inside. Don't avoid to answer the question like the homework load, the IB curriculum, which are the most importment part we want to know. (4) Remember, going to a school to study is a very important issue to a child's life. Please respect the children and parents. They are not beggars. The admission process is BIDIRECTIONAL. You can turn down the child's application. On the other hand, we can also turn down your invitation to admission even the child pass the assessment. ( I've heard some student finally leave the school as they had been squeezed by school for few years to go for competition, assessment). SPCC is not an excellent schools in someone mind...too demanding, always ask the student to go out for competition, always think they are nearly the best school ...at least the principal is not humble enough.

These are what I would like to say. After thoroughful consideration (I had attended the briefing sessions for 2 yrs and I had friends' children studying there), I decide this school is not suitable, actually not healthy to my kid , and I would not apply it
作者: G-Ma    時間: 09-9-9 20:09

50% IB, 50% 334 又真係幾怪哦.
作者: Charlotte_mom    時間: 09-9-9 20:12

之前我都講過, 直資學校有收政府支助, 一定係ib+334, 唔會係100%行ib, 咁變相等於精英班, 而且除非收好貴學費, 否則亦唔會夠資源去support334之餘, 仲有足夠資源去實踐ib既靈活性(已經要開本地班, 仲想ib每科都開幾個level去俾學生揀? 有無咁多人力物力先?)

話分兩頭, 聖保羅出黎既學生, 又的確好outstanding, 舊生又好關照自己母校, 校長好proud of自己成就都好正常, 而st paul本身讀得深, 追成績會辛苦, 呢樣唔駛去簡介會都知, 個家長都要問多唔多功課, 我又覺得有d多餘, 我當年去聽, 校長有講明讀深一年, 好多野, 大家心照啦

我唔覺自己係beggar, 每年去spcc聽簡介會既, 無一千都幾百, 舊生一早聽左, 去得呢場都係路人甲乙丙 (包括我), 我記得我去到遲大到, 自己罰企, 有個老師搵埋位叫我埋去, 仲整開個窗簾問我睇唔睇到, 比起果d對眼生o係額頭既其他學校校長老師, spcc真係抵讚, 難怪教出黎既細路, 叻得黎都好humble, 呢樣至係我真正欣賞 (你未見識過咩叫囂張, 我女同學曾經投訴, 去校際比賽俾名校學生笑, 笑佢地唔夠叻, 老師唔理架, 我亦去過一間所謂名校交叩門信, 俾個阿嬸黑口黑面問候我"問左校務處收架拿?!")
作者: Gooddaddy    時間: 09-9-9 20:30

Last night was the first time I attended SPCC 's briefing session. I agree that to many people, the session was not very well structured.  But given the consistent outstanding all-round achievements attained by the students, there seemed little points for the principal to go through the curriculum in detail at the briefing session.  That's why the principal allocated more time to Q&A instead.  As with many things in life, you can't please everyone all the time.
作者: cmchang0927    時間: 09-9-9 20:33

I heard that only a few seats are for the public, others are for well- known and rich ppl.  And they ve a favourite kindergarten, nearly 100% of application from that kindergarten can be accepted.  It becomes a noble school after it changed into DSS.
作者: G-Ma    時間: 09-9-9 20:36

IB+334 真係要好大人力物力, 學校真係應付到?

原帖由 Charlotte_mom 於 09-9-9 20:12 發表
之前我都講過, 直資學校有收政府支助, 一定係ib+334, 唔會係100%行ib, 咁變相等於精英班, 而且除非收好貴學費, 否則亦唔會夠資源去support334之餘, 仲有足夠資源去實踐ib既靈活性(已經要開本地班, 仲想ib每科都開幾 ...

作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-9-9 20:51

Never mind  as long as we don't treat ourself as beggars.  I went to the briefing for 2 years, I actually found their teachers and even those traffic controller were polite. Well, of course those who work there, esp the principals, should feel proud of themselves if they find this is the place that they want to dedicate their life into it.  I experienced few other famous schools, they didn't even take my call politely. (or didn't take any call at all!)

The part about IB was vague but apparently the Principal may be facing lots of uncertainties and challenges still.  It is really not easy to provide both streams, financially and academically, and be able to achieve good results.  The school will require capable teachers to handle the IB curriculum, really not easy.

SPCC is not an excellent school, may have some snob students/families and practically not for everyone.  But I have witnessed my friends who were their graduates were really brilliant, humble and dedicated Christians.  

One can see that they are really proud of their school having been able to select smart and intelligent students.  Of course, almost all students, will want to give it a try, so the universal set comprises high quality children.  And imagine those parents who can send their children there will definitely dedicate so much to ensure their children can meet the high standards.  So the outcomes are yes SPCC have very good results, good students and dedicated families.  

Most important thing is even our children cannot  be admitted to this elite school, we as parents will still dedicate ourselves to our children where ever that they will be studying at.  With parents' dedication and love, I'm sure our children will perform well in their school.

I believe most traditional and elite schools provide more difficult curriculum, more pushing, desire for excellent open exam/competition results, but this is not exclusive to co-ed.
作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-9-9 21:33

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-9 22:49

i think it's already a noble school before becoming a dss...

原帖由 cmchang0927 於 9/9/2009 20:33 發表
I heard that only a few seats are for the public, others are for well- known and rich ppl.  And they ve a favourite kindergarten, nearly 100% of application from that kindergarten can be accepted.  It ...

作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-9 22:51

the school fee is 60k per year ah!!!!
even more than some international schools and private schools!!!!
hope all this money is going for this "人力物力" lar....

原帖由 G-Ma 於 9/9/2009 20:36 發表
IB+334 真係要好大人力物力, 學校真係應付到?

作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-9 22:55

it's good to express how you feel and share what you think after the briefing session!!
unfortunately, st paul co is not the right school for my son neither. (unfortunately or lucky... )

原帖由 liyinfai 於 9/9/2009 19:54 發表
1/ One parent ask for IB. She answer that student at F3 wi ...

作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-9 23:00

you really think that you and your daughter would have no pressure if she is the last in the class?
they said the 100% of P6 would go to the secondary... however, as i know from people inside, not 100% of P1 would able to go to the P6...

原帖由 wootaitai 於 9/9/2009 21:33 發表
But, I have the feeling that once you get in, its less competitive than, say, DGS. and the students are more humble.  

anyone agree?

for me, its good enough if my daughter can get in. I dont care if ...

作者: G-Ma    時間: 09-9-9 23:01

ib + 334, 恐怕60k per year 都未必夠 , 兩邊都要請老師同安排課程.

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-9 22:51 發表

作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-9-9 23:23

作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-9-9 23:30

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-9 22:51 發表

Most elite int'l schools should charge far more than 60K (may be except ESF), plus intl' schools have to be paid with debenture or capital fees per year.  

I heard CKY is targeting to charge furthermore after their new campus has been in used, may be in par with some int'l school.  Donno if this is the truty. just hearsay.  With co-ed, at least at this moment, no need to pay any sort of capital/debenture.  Victoria has already started to require students to pay a fee similar to debenture at a price less than the usual int'l school debenture.
作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-9 23:36

ummm... does your kid like competition as you do?
名校中三女生疑學業問題困擾
http://paper.wenweipo.com/2009/01/09/HK0901090025.htm

原帖由 wootaitai 於 9/9/2009 23:23 發表
OK, maybe an exaggeration. I think perhaps top 90% can to to sec school? vs 60% in, say marymount?

I only worry about how to get accepted now.

I like competitions. I think that pushes the kids harde ...

作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-9 23:39

CKY is a private school and it's already as expensive as some international schools (however still a bit less than st paul co).
i know nothing about "victoria's secret"...

原帖由 daisy17772 於 9/9/2009 23:30 發表

Most elite int'l schools should charge far more than 60K (may be except ESF), plus intl' schools have to be paid with debenture or capital fees per year.  

I heard CKY is targeting to charge furthe ...

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-9 23:43 編輯 ]
作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-9-9 23:45

作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-9-9 23:48

作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-10 00:00

原帖由 daisy17772 於 9/9/2009 23:30 發表
"I heard CKY is targeting to charge furthermore after their new campus has been in used, may be in par with some int'l school.  Donno if this is the truty. just hearsay.  With co-ed, at least at this moment, no need to pay any sort of capital/debenture. Victoria has already started to require students to pay a fee similar to debenture at a price less than the usual int'l school debenture."

原帖由 wootaitai 於 9/9/2009 23:48 發表

yes, can you elaborate on this "victoria's secret" its not mentioned at all in the P1 application

作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-10 00:01

sure you should be a good mother!

原帖由 wootaitai 於 9/9/2009 23:45 發表
She quite likes it actually.  because she can wear a pretty dress and I buy her a small gift if she has done her best. Of course best of all she want to win some trophies.

My husband disapproves of  ...

作者: telegogo    時間: 09-9-10 09:54

I have two kids studing in SPCC.

Your comment is true in some cases, expecially your impression on the principle's presentation method.  I fully agree, not only through the breifing, but also the day to day contact in the last few years.

However, I can't agree on the conclusion you make from the breifing.

1) IB vs 334
What is wrong with 334?  Is IB really good or suit yoru kids?  Do you really understand what IB provides?  A school proides IB as an alternative is already a bonus.  You will not be guaranteed to take any course you want even in the Univeristy.  There is no point criticise the school that there is not enough IB seats for all students.

2) Pushing, homework, exam
is the school pushing?  yes
is there a lot of homework?  yes or no.  my elder kid who has more homework can finish his work most of the case in less than 45 mins.  my younger kid do take even more time.  Why?  It depends on the kid himself.  You can find kids in brand X school not able to finish their school.  Is that school pushing?  Yes, you can derive that with your logic.
a lot of exam?  yes.  two exam and four assessment in 1 year.  The assessment is as important as the exam.  since this year, it changes to two exam and 3 assessments in 1 year.  DBS has three exams in 1 year.  

3) soul to get excellent results via competition.
absoultely no.
does the school want to have result at competition?  yes.  does the school push the student for it?  No.  On the other side, the school simply provide you a lot of opportunities for audition for different school team, but you are free to join.  My kid is selected as school team for 5 activities and he is busy everyday participating different activities.  Pushing and soul to get excellent results via competition?  No way.  I has debat with my kid to give up some activites but he refused.  Does it good for kid?  Yes, why not to let kids to explore more besides homewrk.   Some of his classmates do not join any school team.  Do they feel pressue from school?  No.  

Liyinfai, you are right that the admission procedure is bi-direction, and you are the one to decide for your kid.  I am not going to debat with you, neither criticise your comment.   As the current parent of SPCC and has contact with the school staff of different level, I would like to provide you more info. for you and other to select the best school for your kid, and to voice out my comment on the school which you may misudnerstand.  Why?  Because I got the exact comment as you did few year ago.  I was also given chances to take up the seat of another DSS as good as SPCC, but I finally selected SPCC for my kid and has no regret.  At least he is really ahppy with his school life.

Hope this helps.

原帖由 liyinfai 於 09-9-9 19:54 發表

作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-9-10 10:39

作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-10 11:08

spcc好鍾意收果D有高學歷又肯做全職媽媽既小朋友.

原帖由 telegogo 於 10/9/2009 09:54 發表

Your comment is true in some cases, expecially your impression on the principle's presentation method.  I fully agree, not only through the breifing, but also the day ...

作者: cmchang0927    時間: 09-9-10 12:19

Telegogo,
Hello!  That ll be lucky to meet parent who has kids studying in SPCC already.  I heard so many rumours abt SPCC.  The only thing that I really do worrying abt is, if a kid just comes from a middle class family (don't even has a car at home), but is lucky to get into SPCC, ll that kid be discriminated by other kids since most of the kids are from very rich families?  And ll the parents discriminate that family as well?  I think learning at school, the most important thing is ethnical development.  If a not so rich kids studying in this kind of school, ll he/she have psycological problems?  

These questions have been exisiting in my mind for a long time.  Only heard from non SPCC parents.  If you ve time to share, that ll be great!  Thanks!

原帖由 telegogo 於 09-9-10 09:54 發表

Your comment is true in some cases, expecially your impression on the principle's presentation method.  I fully agree, not only through the breifing, but also the day ...

作者: telegogo    時間: 09-9-10 15:35

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-10 11:08 發表
spcc好鍾意收果D有高學歷又肯做全職媽媽既小朋友.

What's wrong with that?

If I were the principle of any school, I shall do the same.  Think the other way round, will an educated full time mum help raising a child, given other conditions equal?
作者: telegogo    時間: 09-9-10 15:47

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-9-10 10:39 發表
Telegogo, thanks for sharing. is it necessary to get tutorial help?

what is the norm?

No so-called norm at all.  There are students have different private tutors for each subject.  I personlly not given any academic tutorial other than that from school.  I want my kid start studing at a later stage.

I admit that, due the better AVERAGE family background, more parents are willing to pay for tutorial.  But I can tell you that lots of the outstanding students do not need tutorial and have working mum.  Again, school is only a school, it is all about your own kid.
作者: telegogo    時間: 09-9-10 16:10

原帖由 cmchang0927 於 09-9-10 12:19 發表
Telegogo,
Hello!  That ll be lucky to meet parent who has kids studying in SPCC already.  I heard so many rumours abt SPCC.  The only thing that I really do worrying abt is, if a kid just comes from a ...

No, for the children.
Yes, may be for the parents.

I am from a middle class family.  If the parents have no psycological problems, I do not think the kids will.  My kid sometimes is invited for party at Jockey Club, Country Club, or billions-dollars-house.  My kid loves playing there, but also enjoy party at Mcdonald.

Actually, I would much prefer to have my kid to meet people from different family background when they are young.  

Difficuly to find very poor at SPCC, but there is lot of middle class.  If you resepct other parent, most do the same.
作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-10 16:58

that's nothing wrong with that... that good actually!!
that's mean the daddy alone can earn enough money to raise the family and pay the school fee with easy.
If I were the principle of any school, I shall do the same.

原帖由 telegogo 於 10/9/2009 15:35 發表

What's wrong with that?

If I were the principle of any school, I shall do the same.  Think the other way round, will an educated full time mum help raising a child, given other conditions equal? ...

作者: lin624    時間: 09-9-10 18:16

講真...唔係好同意

不過..可以尊重妳的想法
但我相信 妳唔考 都依然會有好多人會去報o既
妳所發表o既o野,我相信亦都影響唔到太多今屆想考o既人

我o個仔幼稚園..幾乎人人都有報名....so~

原帖由 liyinfai 於 09-9-9 19:54 發表

作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-9-10 18:29

原帖由 lin624 於 09-9-10 18:16 發表
講真...唔係好同意

不過..可以尊重妳的想法
但我相信 妳唔考 都依然會有好多人會去報o既

Today, I arrived at the school at 3:25pm.  There were almost 50 appl ahead of me... lots & lots of ppl.  I saw Ah B couple there too. I left there at around 4:10pm, even more ppl + private cars arriving at the school,  they should be all coming for submitting appl. Seems every eligible kids are applying....huge competition.
作者: tcbobo    時間: 09-9-10 21:09

佢點知全職媽媽高學歷呀? 報名表又無要人填學歷

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-10 11:08 發表
spcc好鍾意收果D有高學歷又肯做全職媽媽既小朋友. :good:

作者: liyinfai    時間: 09-9-10 21:43

Thank you for your information.
I shared my feelings because (1) I really think that the Principals are too proud of so many application, (2) I doubt why they tried to avoid to answer the question frankly (I do n ot prefer IB to 334). In fact, as a leader of a school, they should behaves themselves and reflect the real situation of school, no matter it is positive or negative. (3) Most importantly, I want to advise parents here should have a realistic and thoughout consideration before sending children to this school. Not everyone (both parents and children) are suitable to this school.
Of course, the attitude of these 2 principals do have problems and I hope the students in the school do not learn from these 2 ladies (or women).
Thanks again for your valuable information.
作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-9-10 22:16

作者: mattsmum    時間: 09-9-10 22:29     標題: 回覆 1# wootaitai 的文章

I know there is talk for admission.

but after admission, does school offers parents's a briefing talk on the school's education approach / teaching method/ curriculum / meet you teachers?
作者: mmmmm    時間: 09-9-11 00:40

原帖由 liyinfai 於 09-9-10 21:43 發表
I shared my feelings because (1) I really think that the Principals are too proud of so many application, (2) I doubt why they tried to avoid to answer the question fra ...

Liyinfai,

I support you. Both I and my husband had the same feeling.
But I must say, if they accept my kid, I will be extreme happy and will not give up the seat.
作者: mmmmm    時間: 09-9-11 00:54

原帖由 mmmmm 於 09-9-11 00:40 發表

Liyinfai,

I support you. Both I and my husband had the same feeling.
But I must say, if they accept my kid, I will be extreme happy and will not give up the seat.

Maybe I should say in this way, if they do accept my kid, I am sure I'll be extremely happy.
But if my kid is not being accepted, I won't be too disappointed.
作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-11 10:37

低學歷既媽咪,好多時都要做野ㄚ嗎...
咁佢問你有冇做野咁咪知你高唔高學歷lor....

原帖由 tcbobo 於 10/9/2009 21:09 發表
佢點知全職媽媽高學歷呀? 報名表又無要人填學歷

作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-11 10:51

that's not important for them to talk about their teaching method or curriculum, because i have heard that the teachers in this school not really need to teach anything as the pupils have already learnt everything at home with their private tutors.
face it, this kind of school is a connection. it just gather all the alike parents together and let their children more or less in the same community in the future.
if the parents aren't alike the other parents or don't feel comfortable in this style of life. there is no real benefit for the child. i don't think they really learn more than any other school. but the children know more rich people already when they finished school for sure.

原帖由 mattsmum 於 10/9/2009 22:29 發表
I know there is talk for admission.

but after admission, does school offers parents's a briefing talk on the school's education approach / teaching method/ curriculum / meet you teachers?

作者: mattsmum    時間: 09-9-11 14:31     標題: 回覆 1# flostangraphy 的文章

well, they start to have things like others- fees closed to IS, outward bound camp, oversea trip, lots of extra curricular course, etc. i once heard starting of term at late august.
why not having parent's night?

I won't downgrade this school, I think it is a good one and I am not that sure they have the " eager for excellent student" symdrom .
作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-11 14:57

don't you see?!
the "eager " is from parents, not from them.

原帖由 mattsmum 於 11/9/2009 14:31 發表
well, they start to have things like others- fees closed to IS, outward bound camp, oversea trip, lots of extra curricular course, etc. i once heard starting of term at late august.
why not having par ...

作者: Gooddaddy    時間: 09-9-11 15:03

From passion to hatred.   I'm perplexed that parents who have been going to these briefing sessions for the past few years are now changing the way they feel about the school.  Whether you like it or not, the school is inundated with thousands of application every year.
作者: mow-mow    時間: 09-9-11 16:17

(1) Why shouldn't the principal be proud of the huge amount of applicants? It is in fact an acknowledgement that her hard work is recognised & endorsed by the public.
(2) I don't understand what answer you expect the principal to give to those questions. To me, asking about the choice of IB & 334 at F4 when you are applying for P1 is ridiculous. It should be a question addressed to the secondary school principal when you are applying for F1. Besides, the IB programme isn't even up & running yet. How can they give you anything but a vague answer about something which will only be relevant to you in a decade's time! As for the primary school curriculum, the principal has always been up front about completing the 6 years primary curriculum in 5 years thus leaving the 6th year for preparation for secondary school. I wasn't there this year but she has said the same thing in the last 2 years. Telling parents that there is no exam in the 1st term is to ease the worries of most parents, letting them know that the school would allow for an adjustment period. Why should the principal try to 'trick' you anyway? There are enough applicants to fill the places 15 times over - she hardly needs to sweeten things up to encourage more applicants!
(3) True, the school is not suitable for everyone, but then no school can ever be. However, I dare say that most kids love the school & are happy, despite the hard work required. I have only heard of 1 or 2 dropouts before completing the entire 6 years and >90% go onto the secondary school. Contrary to what some people speculate, not everyone is rich, & a lot of kids don't need private tutors for academic work!

原帖由 liyinfai 於 09-9-10 21:43 發表
I shared my feelings because (1) I really think that the Principals are too proud of so many application, (2) I doubt why they tried to avoid to answer the question fra ...

[ 本帖最後由 mow-mow 於 09-9-11 16:20 編輯 ]
作者: monkeydad    時間: 09-9-11 17:41

Mow mow,

You have said the truth.

My child is not studying in this school but have known some kids studying there.  They are really smart and all-round even at their early age.  Heard from the parents, most of them do not need private tutors on school subjects but they have tutors /
coaches for other subjects / areas of interest beyond the school curriculum.  So, they are very busy.

The small number of dropouts represents that school has "accurately" picked up the kids who are fit for studying there - the minority of the huge number of applicants.
作者: LittleKidult    時間: 09-9-11 17:41

路過!
我對spccps或者dgjs, spcspr等認識唔多, 而且我算係中下層人仕, 又我d仔己經讀緊中學(有個讀緊spcc), 但見到想講下想講既野姐!

其實每位家長都希望幫子女揾到間"完美學校", 但係有冇一間學校係完美既呢? 答案心中有數, 有家長覺得校長答得唔好, 所以間學校就唔會好, 有家會見地方殘舊就學校唔好, 有家長見到有學生拍拖(中學), 間學校就唔好, 有家長覺得多功課就唔好, 有家長覺得冇功課又唔好..... 每個人希望都唔同, 但都係想揾間家長覺得對佢子女黎講係好既學校, 所以覺得唔啱就揾過另一間囉, 就係咁簡單.
我相信名校(尤指小學)方面都希望揾d好既學生, 但係小朋友得5/6歲人仔點分好定唔好?有冇潛質? 家庭可以算係一個幾好指標, 有錢既自然可以有更多資源時間比小朋友. 呢樣野無可口非. 全職做媽咪對小朋友成績/成長有好大影響/幫助, 呢個係事實, 所以又可以做指標.

不過要提提想入讀spccps既家長, 並唔係入到就一定會有好成績, 小學情況唔知, 但去到spcc時, 有小部份小學直上既成績/品行都好差下, 今年S1都有幾個退學及留班! 汰弱留強, 所以都有收插班生. 但係整體大部份既直上學生既成績係好好.
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-9-11 17:48

原帖由 LittleKidult 於 09-9-11 17:41 發表
不過要提提想入讀spccps既家長, 並唔係入到就一定會有好成績, 小學情況唔知, 但去到spcc時, 有小部份小學直上既成績/品行都好差下, 今年S1都有幾個退學及留班! 汰弱留強, 所以都有收插班生. 但係整體大部份既直上學生既成績係好好.

In fact, a couple of 插班生 performing well above those promoted from its primary school.  That's the reality because these 插班生 often came first in their own school.
作者: liyinfai    時間: 09-9-11 19:03

原帖由 mow-mow 於 09-9-11 16:17 發表
(1) Why shouldn't the principal be proud of the huge amount of applicants? It is in fact an acknowledgement that her hard work is recognised & endorsed by the public.
(2) I don't understand what answe ...

Hei, mow-mow:
Don,t be too hostile.
This is my own feelings and I want to share here
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-9-11 19:31

路過 also.  

I would agree that the drive of excellence came from the parents and not from the school.  However this is also a good thing to have - you will develop a similar peer network ( but be sure that you can fit into this society).  The famous school attraction does not come from the principal or the teachers but from the parents and the students.  They are the people who will affect your life and also give you an environment to compete with the top.  

As for stress, I have friends whose elder child is with the famous school, say DGS and St. Paul Coed but their younger child is not with the same school.   Being a busy buddy, I will of course as the reason and the differences between the two child.  Both of them said they did not notice a major differences here.  In term of reading, they seems to read the same book but of course in term of exam, those from DGS or St Paul will be better.  One common comment is the elder child lost their happy childhood as compare with the latter one.
作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-12 10:15

for me a happy childhood is so valuable that it's really something we should treasure.
i wonder parents nowadays (me included, of cause) look so far in the future for their child, sometime forgotten the importance of Present.

原帖由 GIPW 於 11/9/2009 19:31 發表
路過 also.  

I would agree that the drive of excellence came from the parents and not from the school.  However this is also a good thing to have - you will develop a similar peer network ( but be su ...

作者: hoeve    時間: 09-9-12 19:58

低學歷既媽咪,好多時都要做野?????????

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-11 10:37 發表
低學歷既媽咪,好多時都要做野ㄚ嗎...
咁佢問你有冇做野咁咪知你高唔高學歷lor....

作者: lin624    時間: 09-9-12 23:58

不一定...
可能佢唔O野做搵唔到工...所以咪得閒囉
原帖由 hoeve 於 09-9-12 19:58 發表
低學歷既媽咪,好多時都要做野?????????

作者: greendotdot    時間: 09-9-13 01:02

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-11 10:37 發表
低學歷既媽咪,好多時都要做野ㄚ嗎...
咁佢問你有冇做野咁咪知你高唔高學歷lor....
引用:
原帖由 tcbobo 於 10/9/2009 21:09 發表
佢點知全職媽媽高學歷呀? 報名表又無要人填學歷

呢個所謂「邏輯」幾有趣味喎!試吓分析:
低學歷既媽咪,好多時都要做嘢,咁高學歷既媽咪又唔駛做嘢,林鄭月娥、梁高美懿唔知點解仲要升職?
低學歷既媽咪,好多時都唔駛做嘢?因為無人請,或者好有錢。高學歷既媽咪又好多時都要做嘢?因為要養家,或者唔想放棄事業。
低學歷既爹哋,好多時都要做嘢,咁高學歷既爹哋又唔駛做嘢?唔係喎,又係要做嘢。咁係咪無爹哋會做所謂全職爹吔,又唔係喎!
高學歷或者低學歷的爹哋媽咪,都可以唔做嘢?因為攞綜緩,或者好有錢。
爹哋或媽咪唔駛做嘢 = 全職湊仔女?又唔一定,日日上深圳按摩或者打麻將都得播!

咁多犯駁的地方,點樣合乎邏輯?  所以我認為不成立。
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-9-13 01:43

原帖由 hoeve 於 09-9-12 19:58 發表
低學歷既媽咪,好多時都要做野?????????

低 or 高學歷既媽咪都好 , 如果揾到有「有米」hubby, 咪「可以」吾駛做囉!

其實低 or 高學歷既媽咪 , 都係講 1) 有無客觀條件去唔做 i.e financially supported 2) 願唔願意 give up the job

[ 本帖最後由 daisy17772 於 09-9-13 01:50 編輯 ]
作者: mmmmm    時間: 09-9-13 02:30

原帖由 greendotdot 於 09-9-13 01:02 發表

呢個所謂「邏輯」幾有趣味喎!試吓分析:
低學歷既媽咪,好多時都要做嘢,咁高學歷既媽咪又唔駛做嘢,林鄭月娥、梁高美懿唔知點解仲要升職?
低學歷既媽咪,好多時都唔駛做嘢?因為無人請,或者好有錢。高學歷既媽咪又好多時都要做嘢 ...

作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-14 11:42

我都係特登咁講睇下你哋班返工班媽咪有乜反應ger.
唔駛當呢句係名人彥語咁認真.
大家輕鬆 d 講下笑啦!
作者: Sumyeema1    時間: 09-9-18 10:43

very interesting debate.
作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-27 23:07

【明報專訊】小一自行分配學額階段今日展開,部分直資及私立小學已截止報名,今年部分地區直資名校申請人數及競爭學位比例猶勝傳統名校。油麻地保良局陳守仁小學收到逾3000份申請,較去年大幅增加近三成,校長楊永明直言是意料之外,相信因直資學校重視英文而獲家長支持。

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-28 09:29 編輯 ]
作者: acer1    時間: 09-9-28 00:39

其實講咁多都無用,這間始終都係超級名校,人哋收你先算啦!你點唱衰都唔會少咗人報,其他家長點會咁蠢比人講幾句就唔報呢?
作者: TomatoCat    時間: 09-9-28 09:05

True!
原帖由 acer1 於 09-9-28 00:39 發表

作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-9-28 09:30

唱衰?!?!!!

原帖由 acer1 於 28/9/2009 00:39 發表

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5