教育王國

標題: SSCPS P1 RESULT [打印本頁]

作者: Longan    時間: 09-10-29 08:44     標題: SSCPS P1 RESULT

According to parents last year, there is a high chance that result of the P1 interview of St Stephen's Coll Prep Sch will be rec'd in this week or the next. If any parent has any news, please share here!
Thank you
作者: Catmom    時間: 09-10-29 09:02

I called the school yesterday but they say the earliest batch will be sent out by mid Nov.
作者: mamay    時間: 09-10-29 09:37

thank you.
I am so anxious........
As according to parents who have applied last year, she received the letter on Halloween....
作者: grDaddy    時間: 09-10-29 10:01

在面試當日, 副校長話今年報名人數有一千人左右, 比往年多了近二百人, 所以可能會比往年遲一星期公佈結果.

既然有人打電話問過, 那就應該真的比往年遲公佈結果啦.
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-10-29 12:30

thank you for the update.  Let's wait then.
作者: Longan    時間: 09-10-30 14:00

It's always to long to wait.
原帖由 grDaddy 於 09-10-29 10:01 發表
在面試當日, 副校長話今年報名人數有一千人左右, 比往年多了近二百人, 所以可能會比往年遲一星期公佈結果.

既然有人打電話問過, 那就應該真的比往年遲公佈結果啦. ...

作者: grDaddy    時間: 09-10-30 14:14

If dbs or dbjs accepts your child, I think most of you will choose dbs or dbjs.  Am I right?

Can anyone tell me what you like about SSCPS?
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-10-30 14:54

原帖由 grDaddy 於 09-10-30 14:14 發表
If dbs or dbjs accepts your child, I think most of you will choose dbs or dbjs.  Am I right?

Likely but don't think about this option until we really rec'd the offer.
作者: semideaf    時間: 09-10-30 15:06

Both are great schools.

Depends on where one lives and if the parents have both boy(s) and girl(s).

原帖由 grDaddy 於 09-10-30 14:14 發表

作者: grDaddy    時間: 09-10-31 12:19

Both SSCPS and DBJS are great?!
I think most people will think DBJS is better, even much better.

It seems that these two schools should have quite different culture and philosophy.

SSCPS's philosophy is to learn happily and to learn to learn.
Whereas, DBJS's philosophy is to strike for excellence through competition and to show that by academic results.

I am not sure if these two statements are right or not.  Hope someone can tell me.
作者: semideaf    時間: 09-10-31 15:37

Hmm, I think you did not read my reply carefully.

To me, which school is better really depends on each individual.

For a parent with a boy and a girl, SSCPS has the benefit of being able to put both in the same school.  This can mean a lot to some.  

Imagine, even if boy gets into DBS and girl in DGS, exam time, holidays... will not match perfectly.  What kind of home atmoshpere can be the result?  "Brother, don't disturb sis as she is studying!", "Sister don't play as brother has exam tomorrow!"....

I think once a school reach certain standard, many other factors need to be considered too.

原帖由 grDaddy 於 09-10-31 12:19 發表
Both SSCPS and DBJS are great?!
I think most people will think DBJS is better, even much better.

It seems that these two schools should have quite different culture and philosophy.

SSCPS's philosoph ...

作者: grDaddy    時間: 09-11-1 00:23

原帖由 semideaf 於 09-10-31 15:37 發表

For a parent with a boy and a girl, SSCPS has the benefit of being able to put both ...

Hi semideaf,

Thank you very much for idea.

I've never thought about the problem of managing 2 kids in two different high demaning school.  I do agree with your opinion about that.  It may cause very hard life for all the family members.

Anyway, it may be too early for me to think about which school to go as I haven't got any offer from these school yet.
作者: Anna-friend    時間: 09-11-1 01:28     標題: travel time

SSCPS is certainly attractive.  Just a bit concerned about travel time.  The route takes a lot of turns and could easily make children sleepy.  Would travel time be better to live in KT area (through east tunnel) or around Tin Hou area (through Aberdeen tunnel) to go to school?   Look forward to some kind advice
作者: Chole    時間: 09-11-1 16:24

We took about 30 to 40 minutes to drive from Causeway Bay to the school, depending on whether there's any slow car in front of you.  My concern is that if I don't drive, pretty difficult to get there (so cannot ask tse tse to go there in case of need).

I saw their school bus (secondary school) near my home after school, nearly 3/4 of kids were sleeping.

Having said that, the environment is very good and kids can enjoy fresh air.
作者: JustinJustin    時間: 09-11-1 19:51

Anna-friend,

School Bus pick-up students from Hong Kong Island only.

I know the time for Tin Hau (Golden Dragon Court) 7:20am, City Garden 7:25am. and Provident Centre. Then the school bus goes up to Island Eastern Corridor, Tai Tam and school. The No.5 school bus is running from Braemar Hill to Provident Centre only.

I hope this information can help you.

原帖由 Anna-friend 於 09-11-1 01:28 發表
SSCPS is certainly attractive.  Just a bit concerned about travel time.  The route takes a lot of turns and could easily make children sleepy.  Would travel time be better to live in KT area (throu ...

[ 本帖最後由 JustinJustin 於 09-11-1 20:51 編輯 ]
作者: Anna-friend    時間: 09-11-1 22:17     標題: thank you

Thank you very much Chole and JustinJustin.
It seems pretty difficult if the residence is in Kowloon. Have to move closer if being accepted. 

cheers
作者: Poto123    時間: 09-11-2 21:36

Kowloon side also has school bus.  The nearest is Hung hom, pupils get on the bus at 7:10.  Homantin is around 7:05 and Kowloon station is around 6:40 a.m.
That's all information I got from other G1 parents.  You can call the Kowloon driver first if you get offer.
God bless you!
作者: traeh    時間: 09-11-2 21:46

But even if you put your first born in a co-ed school, as long as it is a private or DSS one, your second kid will not be guaranteed for admission.  And it happens.  Sigh.

原帖由 semideaf 於 09-10-31 15:37 發表

For a parent with a boy and a girl, SSCPS has the benefit of being able to put both ...

作者: semideaf    時間: 09-11-2 23:34

Indeed....

It is about having hope or no hope at all.  Being parents are tough these days.
作者: adaleecm    時間: 09-11-3 22:40

i have asked them before the staff said they will send out result by batch but the first batch will be not earlier than mid of Nov i guess it is because this yr has one more interview date which is on 17th Oct
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-11-3 23:04

原帖由 adaleecm 於 09-11-3 22:40 發表
i have asked them before the staff said they will send out result by batch but the first batch will be not earlier than mid of Nov i guess it is because this yr has one more interview date which is on ...

Thanks.
作者: childrenfirst    時間: 09-11-6 16:06

have just received their acceptance letter, much earlier than i expected!
作者: cmchang0927    時間: 09-11-6 16:15

Really?  Congratulations!   When do they ask u to register?   I haven't received anything yet......... this is my first choice if my girl fails the DGJS application...........

原帖由 childrenfirst 於 09-11-6 16:06 發表

作者: childrenfirst    時間: 09-11-6 16:19

to be registered on Nov23
作者: bobee    時間: 09-11-6 16:21     標題: 回覆 22# childrenfirst 的文章

congrats childrenfirst .  do you have other kids studying at SSCPS too?  I phoned them 2 weeks ago and they said they will send out 1st batch to siblings first.  not sure whether this is true or not.  This school is also my top choice too but I know it's very competitive.
作者: childrenfirst    時間: 09-11-6 16:30

no, no siblings there and i am not related at all. I am quite surprised to receive it and I feel very glad as I like this school a lot.
作者: monkeydog    時間: 09-11-6 16:33

When was yoru interviewe date?

原帖由 childrenfirst 於 09-11-6 16:30 發表
no, no siblings there and i am not related at all. I am quite surprised to receive it and I feel very glad as I like this school a lot.

作者: bobee    時間: 09-11-6 16:37     標題: 回覆 26# childrenfirst 的文章

wow, really happy for you.  was your interview in English/Cantonese/Mandarin?

Sorry so many questions as I am very nervous.  Thanks!!!
作者: Catmom    時間: 09-11-6 16:39

Will they send out waiting/ reject letters at the same time?
作者: manling33    時間: 09-11-6 16:46

any form together with acceptance letter that you need to sign to promise give up government's discretionary place  in 1st round (result also release on 23 nov) ??
作者: manling33    時間: 09-11-6 16:48

just phoned sscps, they said they will send acceptance letter in batches.  if receive nothing by mid January, then can phone again.  i think they will send out acceptance first.  then see how many really register on or before 23 nov.  then send out waiting list.  then reject letter in jan.  b'cos in the phone, the lady said will also send reject letter later.

原帖由 Catmom 於 09-11-6 16:39 發表
Will they send out waiting/ reject letters at the same time?

作者: manling33    時間: 09-11-6 17:07

is the acceptance letter thin or thick(with lots of information) ?  need to sign anything to give up 1st round lucky draw ?  need to pay $5,500 (1 month school fee) when register on 23 nov ?

原帖由 childrenfirst 於 09-11-6 16:06 發表

作者: anyapollo    時間: 09-11-6 17:13

原帖由 manling33 於 09-11-6 16:48 發表
just phoned sscps, they said they will send acceptance letter in batches.  if receive nothing by mid January, then can phone again.  i think they will send out acceptance first.  then see how many rea ...

Very useful info. Thanks!
Still waiting....
作者: bobee    時間: 09-11-6 17:16     標題: 回覆 31# manling33 的文章

Thanks Manling, very useful indeed.
作者: monkeydog    時間: 09-11-6 17:29

painful long-waiting period
作者: childrenfirst    時間: 09-11-6 18:31

my interview language is Cantonese, yes , need to pay the enrollment fee of 5500 when we register. There is a declaration form of not drawing lot from Government as well.

bobee, no need to say sorry at all, I can understand how nervous of this process can be...

The acceptance letter is very thin, only has 2 pages.
作者: manling33    時間: 09-11-6 18:34

but sscps is a private school, not dss school.  why need to give up government lucky draw ?

原帖由 childrenfirst 於 09-11-6 18:31 發表
my interview language is Cantonese, yes , need to pay the enrollment fee of 5500 when we register. There is a declaration form of not drawing lot from Government as well.

bobee, no need to say sorry  ...

作者: childrenfirst    時間: 09-11-6 18:34

some private schools are like that, SFA is the same too.
作者: bobee    時間: 09-11-6 18:37     標題: 回覆 36# childrenfirst 的文章

Thank you childrenfirst.  Have a nice and happy weekend :)
作者: manling33    時間: 09-11-6 18:48

it is not in line with education bureau's policy.  i doubt whether the letter signed to give up lucky draw is legally effective or not.

原帖由 childrenfirst 於 09-11-6 18:34 發表
some private schools are like that, SFA is the same too.

作者: Trusty    時間: 09-11-6 18:55

We also received the acceptance letter.  I'm also very surprised.  My daughter is very happy, because she likes this school a lot.
作者: manling33    時間: 09-11-6 19:11

those who receive acceptance letter, are u living in hk island ?  and what is your number of interview A??? or B ???
作者: Trusty    時間: 09-11-6 19:36

HK Island - AXXX
作者: hyk0304    時間: 09-11-6 19:37

My son also got the acceptance letter today. We live in Kowloon. Geez.. I just started to think about how early I have to wake up to send him to school..
作者: AugSun    時間: 09-11-6 19:40

Did they say when they start to send acceptance letter?  If people start to receive them today, should receive within this 2 days!  If not, don't you think they are also sending acceptance letter in batches before 23 Nov?

原帖由 manling33 於 09-11-6 16:48 發表
just phoned sscps, they said they will send acceptance letter in batches.  if receive nothing by mid January, then can phone again.  i think they will send out acceptance first.  then see how many rea ...

作者: cmchang0927    時間: 09-11-6 19:40

I live on the HK side and is in group A.  But I haven't received the letter......... so may be it's a rejection already?   So sad........... My girl loves this school so much..........
作者: AugSun    時間: 09-11-6 19:44

Me too, I also live in HK Side and in Group A.  If we don't receive today.  Does it mean no chance?

原帖由 cmchang0927 於 09-11-6 19:40 發表
I live on the HK side and is in group A.  But I haven't received the letter......... so may be it's a rejection already?   So sad........... My girl loves this school so much..........

作者: monkeydog    時間: 09-11-6 20:37

EMB said it is an agreement between school and the parents. If you sign, it is legally binded which is the same case as any agreements you sign in commercial world.

原帖由 manling33 於 09-11-6 18:48 發表
it is not in line with education bureau's policy.  i doubt whether the letter signed to give up lucky draw is legally effective or not.

作者: 呀咕    時間: 09-11-6 20:57

原帖由 cmchang0927 於 09-11-6 19:40 發表

[ 本帖最後由 呀咕 於 09-11-7 01:48 編輯 ]
作者: singpapa    時間: 09-11-6 21:13

May I know whether those kids receiving acceptance letters are big or small kids?

When will you need to pay the registration fee?

My girl loves this school very much but she is a small girl...

still waiting...

BTW, what is the meaning of group B?? My girl is A9xx.

[ 本帖最後由 singpapa 於 09-11-6 21:15 編輯 ]
作者: AugSun    時間: 09-11-6 21:34

My girl is small girl who was born in Sept 2004 and my no. is A1XX, still waiting.  Wish they all send the acceptance confirmation in seperate batches like DGJS.

原帖由 singpapa 於 09-11-6 21:13 發表
May I know whether those kids receiving acceptance letters are big or small kids?

When will you need to pay the registration fee?

My girl loves this school very much but she is a small girl...

sti ...

作者: Happy_CC    時間: 09-11-6 21:47

是否要去學校比錢? 還是為寄支票返去?
作者: Trusty    時間: 09-11-6 22:18

The letter is dated Nov 2, but I only received it today.  My daughter is also small girl.

原帖由 AugSun 於 09-11-6 21:34 發表
My girl is small girl who was born in Sept 2004 and my no. is A1XX, still waiting.  Wish they all send the acceptance confirmation in seperate batches like DGJS.

作者: Baoma    時間: 09-11-6 22:57

I also received acceptance letter today which just made my day. We live on HK side and my girl's number is A5XX. letter dated Nov 2 but only received it today. Need to pay the enrollment fee in person on 23rd Nov.
作者: AugSun    時間: 09-11-6 23:13

If somebody have 2nd interiew offer, e.g. DGJS and is accepted by SSCPS, will u register at SSCPS and not waiting for the result for DGJS?

原帖由 Baoma 於 09-11-6 22:57 發表
I also received acceptance letter today which just made my day. We live on HK side and my girl's number is A5XX. letter dated Nov 2 but only received it today. Need to pay the enrollment fee in person ...

作者: cinco    時間: 09-11-7 01:00     標題: 回覆 1# AugSun 的文章

I never got the acceptance letter.
作者: coco2004    時間: 09-11-7 08:36

原帖由 childrenfirst 於 09-11-6 18:31 發表

bobee, no need to say sorry  ...

Hi, Childrenfirst

May I know when you have your second interview?

Anyway, Congraduation to you and your kid. Well done!

COCO
作者: childrenfirst    時間: 09-11-7 11:39

my interview is Oct 11 as I submitted the application form on the last day.

The mummies who have not received the letter, don't worry: 1. I think some more letters will be arrived on next Monday or Tue; 2. I am sure some people will consider their location and school fee and they will eventually give up the places.
作者: singpapa    時間: 09-11-7 12:00

原帖由 AugSun 於 09-11-6 23:13 發表
If somebody have 2nd interiew offer, e.g. DGJS and is accepted by SSCPS, will u register at SSCPS and not waiting for the result for DGJS?

I suppose it may be risky since DGJS's result will only be announced in mid-late Dec.  If my kid is being accepted, I will register and if lucky enough to be accepted by DGJS, I will still be happy with the loss of $5.5K.  Anybody share the same view?

BTW, does anyone being interviewed on 17/10 also got the acceptance letter?
作者: JustinJustin    時間: 09-11-7 13:52

Happy_CC,

Parents need to go to school on that day and paid the cheque HK$5,500.- and sign the letter of give up lucky draw in front of the office administrator.

原帖由 Happy_CC 於 09-11-6 21:47 發表
是否要去學校比錢? 還是為寄支票返去?

作者: Happy_CC    時間: 09-11-7 17:57

Dear JustinJustin,

Many thanks!

原帖由 JustinJustin 於 09-11-7 13:52 發表
Happy_CC,

Parents need to go to school on that day and paid the cheque HK$5,500.- and sign the letter of give up lucky draw in front of the office administrator.

作者: adaleecm    時間: 09-11-8 00:41

when i submitted the form, i have asked the staff they said all applicants are start with A no matter what lauguages or groups they belongs to...

fee have to be paid by cheque on 23 Nov, 5500 will be deduted to 55,000 school fee but not refundable if u finally eject the offer

i forgot where did i read (seems from the gov doc) but seems gov will give the list of 'lucky draw' to private school at some date cos they dun want people holding many offers and affect the lucky draw system ^ . ^
作者: aa120520    時間: 09-11-8 00:56

Will waiting or reject letter receive at the same time with the sucess letter? Please comment, thanks!
作者: hyk0304    時間: 09-11-8 01:03

does anyone know if there is a way to get away with the requirement to sacrify the lucky draw once we are registered?  
my son and i like the school environment alot, but it is too far for us since we live in kowloon.  it's also quite expensive with tuition and school bus fee all add together..  i am just curious about how many parents here live in kowloon but got accepted...
作者: JustinJustin    時間: 09-11-8 01:15

Hi aa120520,

After the first batch register on 23 Nov, then they will CALL by phone, the second batch to register instantly.  You won't receive the waiting list until Jan 2010.  
Don't worry.

原帖由 aa120520 於 09-11-8 00:56 發表
Will waiting or reject letter receive at the same time with the sucess letter? Please comment, thanks!

作者: aa120520    時間: 09-11-8 03:18

Thank you, Justin. But may I ask you means that there are 2nd batch coming on? (= not register parent to free the quota to 2nd batch?)
作者: ssspwong    時間: 09-11-8 10:35

Distance is a concern, esp for small kid. Just forget sscps and wait for other schools. Don't waste money for registration if you don't want and also spare a chance for other children.

原帖由 hyk0304 於 09-11-8 01:03 發表
does anyone know if there is a way to get away with the requirement to sacrify the lucky draw once we are registered?  
my son and i like the school environment alot, but it is too far for us since we ...

作者: shusiusiu    時間: 09-11-8 14:46

My girl received the accept letter and is request to register on Nov 23 too.  She is born on Aug, 04.  Seems small too. n I live in Western district, HK Island. I like this school becoz

1.they start to use mandarin to teach all Chinese lesson on P1 .  
2.Pupils ar seems happy studying there.
3. Co-ed. with boys n girls
4. Full time.

However, it seems so far away for my girl to go to sch everyday. n I need to give up Lucky draw.  Umm......

She will have St. Clare, n Scared Heart. P1 interview soon.  I m still thinking whether I should let her to go study in this sch.
作者: monkeydog    時間: 09-11-8 18:03

seems a number of parents treat this school as second choice only as distance is a concern for most parents and fee is quite high too
作者: JustinJustin    時間: 09-11-8 19:40

Shusiusiu,

School bus for Western district is before 7:30am, you can call the school and ask the right time.

Sacred Heart is a half day school and starts 7:50am for the morning class also. Normal traditional school.
If you like lucky draw, St. Stephen's Girl is also a good choice.   

原帖由 shusiusiu 於 09-11-8 14:46 發表
My girl received the accept letter and is request to register on Nov 23 too.  She is born on Aug, 04.  Seems small too. n I live in Western district, HK Island. I like this school becoz

1.they start ...

[ 本帖最後由 JustinJustin 於 09-11-9 00:00 編輯 ]
作者: hui3328    時間: 09-11-8 22:54

由於其高昂的學費, 及地理位置, 再加上需要放棄參加統一派位, 很多家長都會放棄呢間學校.

學費是一大考慮. 另學校規定需要學一項樂器, 加上校巴及午餐, 每月花費近萬元.

其實其學費與聖保羅男女校相近, 但名氣相差甚遠. 大部份人可能願意付相同的費用, 入讀聖保羅.
作者: nsachung    時間: 09-11-8 22:55

it seem many girls got the accept letter, is there any boys got the accept letter?

I am so worry, this school is my No.1 choice.
作者: nsachung    時間: 09-11-8 22:57

You are living in Kowloon side, are you going to accept the offer?

原帖由 hyk0304 於 09-11-6 19:37 發表
My son also got the acceptance letter today. We live in Kowloon. Geez.. I just started to think about how early I have to wake up to send him to school..

作者: im_cyt    時間: 09-11-8 23:19

My son got the acceptance letter.

Good luck!

原帖由 nsachung 於 09-11-8 22:55 發表
it seem many girls got the accept letter, is there any boys got the accept letter?

I am so worry, this school is my No.1 choice.

作者: nsachung    時間: 09-11-8 23:37

Thanks, when is your date for 2nd interview in DBS. If you got offer from both, which one will you take?
作者: grDaddy    時間: 09-11-8 23:42

I think most people will choose DBS or DBJS rather than SSCPS.  The previous two schools are much more famous.

However, I don't know much about the teaching method and the school life of those two schools.
作者: Poto123    時間: 09-11-8 23:57

從另一個角度去看, 香港極少學校可以提供這樣的環境給小朋友.我小朋友雖然7時上校車, 開學兩個多月, 從未見他不想上學. 佢每朝見到校車時都極興奮, 連校巴姨姨都話佢好開心. 其實我朋友住九龍站, 返九龍塘都是要7時上校車. 另一個朋友仲誇張, 住奧運站要6點半上校車去清水灣.
"很多"家長放棄, 又不覺得, 因為照我所知今年有哥哥係度讀, 都唔收. 相信競爭都好大.
其實有很多學校都要一人一樂器. 相信是走勢. 午餐的確比其他貴, 但勝在夠健康, 因為學校自己煮. 我都較為放心.
同我囝囝同一班的同學, 聖保羅收了, 但卻選擇了聖士提反. 所以選擇一所合適的學校應是最重要, 所以大家要好好考慮.
原帖由 hui3328 於 09-11-8 22:54 發表
由於其高昂的學費, 及地理位置, 再加上需要放棄參加統一派位, 很多家長都會放棄呢間學校.

學費是一大考慮. 另學校規定需要學一項樂器, 加上校巴及午餐, 每月花費近萬元.

其實其學費與聖保羅男女校相近, 但名氣相差 ...

作者: Catmom    時間: 09-11-9 09:17

请問这幾天還有機會收信嗎?
作者: good-boy    時間: 09-11-9 10:03

My son is accepted and he is also small boy (Oct 04).  On the intervied day, I saw he was so happly playing with the teacher and other kids.  Though a bit far away, my son told me he liked the school very much.

I like the arrangement to register on 23.11 so that we can wait for the 自行泒位result.
作者: Trusty    時間: 09-11-9 10:08

We may have to give up the placement .  As we have financial concern, and just call the school that they don't have any financial aid for whatever reasons.

I feel bad, cos' my daughter has performed well, but we cannot provide her with the best choice.

I also feel stupid to have applied.

I'm wrong, so wrong giving such false hope to my daughter.

Good luck to you all
作者: 2so    時間: 09-11-9 10:22

don't feel bad....you never know which school  suit her best at this moment  :D!
原帖由 Trusty 於 09-11-9 10:08 發表
We may have to give up the placement .  As we have financial concern, and just call the school that they don't have any financial aid for whatever reasons.

I feel bad, cos' my dau ...

作者: aa120520    時間: 09-11-9 10:39

Just my personal feeling. I saw some kid application succesful here. But parent now concern on the fee, location, etc. I just wonder why parent don't do enough homework or research to know on each school. I am a little bit angry that this really affected those parent or kid really like this school; but can't have a chance to study this school. (Well, of course interview performance is the main point for the result.)
作者: ssspwong    時間: 09-11-9 10:43

Yes, many parents and children are attracted by the school environment of SSCPS at first. It is spacious with beautiful scenery and fresh air. I think people working or studying there would have good physical and mental health.

However, for me and my child, the curricula, the staff profile and the learning atmosphere of SSCPS impress us the most! The curricula, in fact, are not pushy or stressful, but the academic standards are very high. I gave my son's English and Chinese dictations for my friends (who teach at universities or secondary schools) to see, they are also very impressed. However, I could see that my child enjoys his school life and does not feel the pressure at all. (BTW, he does all the study by himself, no help from family or private tutor.)

I found that not only their orchestra, choir, choral speech and sports are good, their team spirit is also high.

Maybe, the tuition fee is expensive. However, after comparing with other schools and see what my son has got, I think it is worthy.

[ 本帖最後由 ssspwong 於 09-11-9 10:47 編輯 ]
作者: VPAPA    時間: 09-11-9 10:48

My son got the offer letter, but we are still waiting for the final result of St. Paul's Co-edu.
作者: monkeydog    時間: 09-11-9 10:59

How about the english oral standard? I am a bit concerned about that as I spoke to a student helper on the interview day in English and it was quite below my expectation  

原帖由 ssspwong 於 09-11-9 10:43 發表
Yes, many parents and children are attracted by the school environment of SSCPS at first. It is spacious with beautiful scenery and fresh air. I think people working or studying there would have good  ...

作者: aa120520    時間: 09-11-9 11:05

Well, don't give too high expectation. They just a kid.
作者: monkeydog    時間: 09-11-9 11:10

The golden period for kid to learn foerign language is below 10. If we put a kid in a school with so many NET teachers and resources and so much emphasis in english training. Of course, we expect value for money

原帖由 aa120520 於 09-11-9 11:05 發表
Well, don't give too high expectation. They just a kid.

作者: ssspwong    時間: 09-11-9 12:14

I am satisfied with their English oral standard. Of course, they are not as fluent as those of international schools but they are confident enough to speak to foreigners. It is very important for their future academic and career development.

Besides, students' putongha is good. (I can't accept that my son's chinese language is too bad as a Chinese; so I would not choose international schools)

原帖由 monkeydog 於 09-11-9 11:10 發表
The golden period for kid to learn foerign language is below 10. If we put a kid in a school with so many NET teachers and resources and so much emphasis in english training. Of course, we expect valu ...

作者: bobee    時間: 09-11-9 12:21     標題: 回覆 87# monkeydog 的文章

I kind of agreed with monkeydog as for that amount of $ and NET, the English standard should be higher.  However, I found that it's at par with HKUGP and TSL.   However, i must admit that the study environment is one of the best in HK.

Per aa120520, I am also not that happy that some parents applied for certain schools but at the end, they know they won't enroll to that school.  There are many parents waitlisting for these schools (including me) and poor us   Hopefully they can make up their mind sooner so desperate parents like us can have our kids get in.
作者: im_cyt    時間: 09-11-9 12:32

The student embassadors are at P5-6.  Is SSCPS a private school already 5 to 6 years ago?

原帖由 bobee 於 09-11-9 12:21 發表
I kind of agreed with monkeydog as for that amount of $ and NET, the English standard should be higher.  However, I found that it's at par with HKUGP and TSL.   However, i must admit that the study en ...

作者: bobee    時間: 09-11-9 12:35     標題: 回覆 90# im_cyt 的文章

really?  from P5-6, then, I'm quite disappointed.  anyway, this school is a private school for a long long long time.
作者: grDaddy    時間: 09-11-9 12:46

Could any one tell me that the students' spoken English is good, average, really bad,or just not as good as expected?  Thanks.
作者: im_cyt    時間: 09-11-9 13:04

I don't know the others, but just that the one taking me for the tour is at P5 and then the other girl ambassador for taking another family is also at P5.

sorry.....my memory is not so good.......

原帖由 bobee 於 09-11-9 12:35 發表
really?  from P5-6, then, I'm quite disappointed.  anyway, this school is a private school for a long long long time.

作者: kcPooh    時間: 09-11-9 13:08

It looks like that a number of people have already got the acceptance letters. Thus it seems that all letters have been sent out. I am really sad as my daughter kept saying that she likes St Stephen the most.
作者: Yonniewong    時間: 09-11-9 13:21

Last year I was very impressed on the English standard of student helpers.  This is one of the reasons why I chose this school last year.   During their presentation, they showed how much they love St Stephen.  So, besides language environment, happy school life is my concern.  Moreover, I like their attitudes and they are very polite to talk to parents.
For those waiting parents, don't give up as you still have chance.
作者: im_cyt    時間: 09-11-9 13:22

don't worry, heard from other mum said that they'll send the letters by batches.

And, if some do not turned up for the registration on 23 Nov (for location and school fee problem), there're also vacancies left.

wish you receive the acceptance letter soon.

原帖由 kcPooh 於 09-11-9 13:08 發表
It looks like that a number of people have already got the acceptance letters. Thus it seems that all letters have been sent out. I am really sad as my daughter kept saying that she likes St Stephen t ...

作者: kcPooh    時間: 09-11-9 13:40

Thanks for your support. I really hope there is still the chance. My daughter is a bit less proactive sometimes. However she did told me that she was the first one to hand up for answering the questions. I trusted that she had put effort in doing her best though may not be the best. I introduced the school to her and made her feel attached. By seeing no news on the schools one by one, my heart really sunk to the bottom.

However, as we have no relationship to the schools, I did not know if there are still chances. It is very exciting to open the mail box everyday but very sad for the disappointment one by one.

原帖由 im_cyt 於 09-11-9 13:22 發表
don't worry, heard from other mum said that they'll send the letters by batches.

And, if some do not turned up for the registration on 23 Nov (for location and school fee problem), there're also vaca ...

作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-11-9 14:17

I haven't rec'd any letter though.  Let's keep our finger crossed.  Couldn't worry too much.  I believe my girl has done her best.

Update:  I just called the school, they said they won't know if the first batch acceptance letters have all been sent out or not.  The Principal is in charge of the whole thing, so even failure letter may be sent out this early.

Good luck.

[ 本帖最後由 daisy17772 於 09-11-9 14:21 編輯 ]
作者: monkeydog    時間: 09-11-9 14:38

They are at P5. Let me elaborate a bit...I was not expecting quite a few "Chinese English" expressions in a 2 mins chat with a kid at P5 in a English teaching primary school with 8 NET teachers. And the things we were talking is just about daily life. I mean if presentation given by kids standing on stage of some schools, the kids can be trained up and I dont think it is a real test of english ability of kids. And I was not talking about english accent as we can only expect native accent in ESF etc.

That's why I just want to find out what is the general oral english standard of the school and if the case I saw was only isolated case. I was also thinking student helper should already be selected from a better student pool in terms of language and presentation etc.     

原帖由 im_cyt 於 09-11-9 13:04 發表
I don't know the others, but just that the one taking me for the tour is at P5 and then the other girl ambassador for taking another family is also at P5.

sorry.....my memory is not so good.......

作者: shusiusiu    時間: 09-11-9 14:48

Dear JustinJustin,

thks for your suggestion.

I 'v also applied St. Stephen Girl's as my first choice too, but I only have 15 pts. I think I will still choose this sch coz I like the environment n the syiballs as well. I have failed in DGJS n Co-ed already.  In result, this is the best I can choose now.

In regarding the sch fees, I think I will let my girl to study extra cirriculum even if she is studying in half day sch since I m a workin mammy.  I can't afford too much time with her.  

原帖由 JustinJustin 於 09-11-8 19:40 發表
Shusiusiu,

School bus for Western district is before 7:30am, you can call the school and ask the right time.

Sacred Heart is a half day school and starts 7:50am for the morning class also. Normal t ...

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5