教育王國

標題: 港學童英語能力急跌 [打印本頁]

作者: gingerale    時間: 09-12-2 08:30     標題: 港學童英語能力急跌

今日蘋果﹕

港學童英語能力急跌
2009年12月02日
【本報訊】浸會大學教育學院分析過去 25年本港逾百項教學語言學術研究,得出本港學生英語能力走下坡的結論。研究學者指,英語教學法不足、推行母語教學等因素均削弱學童英語能力........

這正是我送子女去英文小學的原因﹗

[ 本帖最後由 gingerale 於 09-12-2 08:35 編輯 ]
作者: fsforth    時間: 09-12-2 09:12     標題: 回覆 1# gingerale 的文章

所以大部分名校都轉為直資, 換取更大自主權, 不用跟隨政府朝令夕改的政策
作者: rabbitpiggy    時間: 09-12-2 09:42

原帖由 gingerale 於 09-12-2 08:30 發表
今日蘋果﹕

港學童英語能力急跌
2009年12月02日
【本報訊】浸會大學教育學院分析過去 25年本港逾百項教學語言學術研究,得出本港學生英語能力走下坡的結論。研究學者指,英語教學法不足、推行母語教學等因素均削弱學童英 ...

真係很難令人理解, 現今的父母包括自已對於子女的學習比N 年前的更為緊張, 花更多的時間和金錢去裁培子女, 現在多數父母都係一個起兩個止.  父母教子女的PLANNING 由大肚開始, 未夠一歲可能己去上英文PLAYGROUP, 買不同的英文教材, 讀英文KINDER, 父母只向子女說英文等等, 用盡千方百計去營造英語的環境.  

但現在得出來的結果好似是有小小強差人意, 適得其反咁...

究竟問題出係邊呢? 應該點做先可以幫到下一代呢???
作者: ysnmama    時間: 09-12-2 09:48

會不會是現在師資問題呢? 從前能有機會讀英文小學, 傳統名校, 甚至大學. 學生們的水準真的可以保持很好.  反觀現在家長資源豐富了. 學生們更加有機會接受更良好教育. 但各方面質素好像真的大不如以前.

原帖由 rabbitpiggy 於 09-12-2 09:42 發表

真係很難令人理解, 現今的父母包括自已對於子女的學習比N 年前的更為緊張, 花更多的時間和金錢去裁培子女, 現在多數父母都係一個起兩個止.  父母教子女的PLANNING 由大肚開始, 未夠一歲可能己去上英文PLAYGROUP,  ...

作者: ShinTeresa    時間: 09-12-2 09:51

原帖由 gingerale 於 09-12-2 08:30 發表
今日蘋果﹕

港學童英語能力急跌
2009年12月02日
【本報訊】浸會大學教育學院分析過去 25年本港逾百項教學語言學術研究,得出本港學生英語能力走下坡的結論。研究學者指,英語教學法不足、推行母語教學等因素均削弱學童英 ...

作者: boying    時間: 09-12-2 10:03

現今學生較難教。
往往自以為是,輕視刻苦基礎,主動性低。
作者: WYmom    時間: 09-12-2 10:09

真係很難令人理解, 現今的父母包括自已對於子女的學習比N 年前的更為緊張, 花更多的時間和金錢去裁培子女, 現在多數父母都係一個起兩個止.  父母教子女的PLANNING 由大肚開始, 未夠一歲可能己去上英文PLAYGROUP,  ...

I think what you talk about are the middle class who can afford paying a lot on after school tutoring, but the study reflected the results of average general class.
作者: gingerale    時間: 09-12-2 10:13

其實我一直都很不明﹐近十年八年來讀幼稚園的小朋友﹐他們的英文水平比我們以前讀小學的時候還更好。  但何以他們讀到中學以至大學後﹐英文會變得那麼差呢﹖
作者: agnesbibi    時間: 09-12-2 10:32

我覺得最有問題就是考公開試, 學生只係去一d 補習天皇tip 題目, 跟本就對英文水平沒有幫助. 而且大學好多tutor 英文水平不是你想像中好.
而且現在大學生出來的英文有時真係嚇死人. 佢地interview o既writing test 真係睇到眼都突.  除非本身是文科或名校出身的大學應徵者英文好一點之外, 理科見工的, 我以前的hr 也
有時英文好點也不是書寫及對答流暢, 往往對住個電腦mon唔知個email 點打o既事情時常發生. 表達能力不如以前只讀f.5 及f.7畢業的.
有時請大陸的staff, 考他們的英文書寫, 比hk 畢業的流暢, 英文用詞及表達也恰當,所以我也不明hk 學生在有利因素下英文反而水準下降.
作者: WYmom    時間: 09-12-2 10:39

In our generation, the British govt used 精英制; but now, the HKSAR govt used 普及制, the syllbus in the 9 years' free education is easier than before, together with the mother tongue policy, there is no surprise that the English proficiency of average general students dropped a lot.
作者: jojolam_ma    時間: 09-12-2 10:45

坦白說, 蘋果的報導, 公信力....真係...

標題係...急跌....(唯恐天下不亂)

但人地個研究具體內容係唔係咁....看官自己評理...

作者: jojolam_ma    時間: 09-12-2 10:46

同意!

原帖由 WYmom 於 09-12-2 10:39 發表
In our generation, the British govt used 精英制; but now, the HKSAR govt used 普及制, the syllbus in the 9 years' free education is easier than before, together with the mother tongue policy, there is ...

作者: CHP    時間: 09-12-2 10:53

由近年多了直資/私校, 或津校轉直資, 我十分希望幾年後, 香港學生英文可以大大提升.  不要浪費家長們給外籍老師的學費.

原帖由 WYmom 於 09-12-2 10:39 發表
In our generation, the British govt used 精英制; but now, the HKSAR govt used 普及制, the syllbus in the 9 years' free education is easier than before, together with the mother tongue policy, there is ...

作者: BOBOYAU    時間: 09-12-2 10:53

會不會是父母只盡力投自己時間和資源在報小學時... 如果入不到名校就放鬆或放棄?!
作者: bowling68    時間: 09-12-2 10:56

rabbitpiggy

營造英語的環境 - NO need huge money.

Go to public library, you can borrow many English story books, some with PTH & English CD.

TV - English channel, like Sesame street, ETV, TV news.....
作者: rabbitpiggy    時間: 09-12-2 10:59

原帖由 WYmom 於 09-12-2 10:09 發表

I think what you talk about are the middle class who can afford paying a lot on after school tutoring, but the study reflected the results of average general class.

可能真係只有middle class 才可以afford 很多的英文playgroup 或不同類型的英文interest class.

但全港的小童都會讀kinder 的, 現在我相信所有kinder 教的英文都會比n 年前的多和深.  

問題出在那兒呢??? 真係百思不得其解
作者: rabbitpiggy    時間: 09-12-2 11:01

原帖由 bowling68 於 09-12-2 10:56 發表
rabbitpiggy

營造英語的環境 - NO need huge money.

Go to public library, you can borrow many English story books, some with PTH & English CD.

TV - English channel, like Sesame street, ETV, TV news.. ...

thanks, 我agree 的.

既然現代咁資訊咁發達, 咁多free 或便宜的資源.

咁請問你認為為何現在的一般英文水平會drop instead 伙升呢?
作者: rabbitpiggy    時間: 09-12-2 11:06

原帖由 gingerale 於 09-12-2 10:13 發表
其實我一直都很不明﹐近十年八年來讀幼稚園的小朋友﹐他們的英文水平比我們以前讀小學的時候還更好。  但何以他們讀到中學以至大學後﹐英文會變得那麼差呢﹖ ...

你真係講得好好呀...

=== quote ==========
但何以他們讀到中學以至大學後﹐英文會變得那麼差呢
======unquote==========

我都覺得現在kinder 的小朋友英文水平比我們以前的高很多, 而且在library 見到很多父母陪伴小朋友看書的.  我自已當年在咁細個時一定冇看咁多英文書而父母亦冇時間陪我去library 看書.

問題真係好似出係中學或以後....
作者: fsforth    時間: 09-12-2 11:09     標題: 回覆 9# agnesbibi 的文章

大陸主要城市如上海/北京, 外資公司請的本地大學生語文水準比香港好得多, 曾經有個上海同事叫我到香港找幾本英文小說...有些我連名都未聽過, 他們的閱讀風氣很好, 就連在職的人也是一樣

香港就是一個文化沙漠, 我一見什麼補習天王年薪幾百萬, 就知道要應付現在的考試其實讀幾個月雞精班就可以合格, 試問又會有學生花時間看書嗎?

我覺得這個報導是針對普遍香港學生來做, 的確有很多家長自小培養小孩成為精英, 樣樣皆能, 但只是小數的一群, 不是個個家長跟BK教育版的家長般認真.
作者: Charlotte_mom    時間: 09-12-2 11:09

agree!
而家香港考試制度好怪, 個個學生急功近利, 都係exam-oriented, 要精讀, tip題目, 記最少, 背得叻, 寫得快
唸起當年我d同學去xx補習天王班, 連英文作文都係一句句咁背, 以求出奇制勝拎高分, 咁攪法, 一跳出考試框框就見真章了(即近年所謂既高分低能)
原帖由 agnesbibi 於 09-12-2 10:32 AM 發表
我覺得最有問題就是考公開試, 學生只係去一d 補習天皇tip 題目, 跟本就對英文水平沒有幫助. 而且大學好多tutor 英文水平不是你想像中好.
而且現在大學生出來的英文有時真係嚇死人. 佢地interview o既writing test  ...

作者: rabbitpiggy    時間: 09-12-2 11:10

原帖由 ysnmama 於 09-12-2 09:48 發表
會不會是現在師資問題呢? 從前能有機會讀英文小學, 傳統名校, 甚至大學. 學生們的水準真的可以保持很好.  反觀現在家長資源豐富了. 學生們更加有機會接受更良好教育. 但各方面質素好像真的大不如以前.

照計師資現在應更好的, 我以前讀書邊有外籍老師, 邊有專科專教, 邊有英文水平試..

以前教我的英文老師仲教緊我地讀英文子母Z 為"易set"... 但現在我的小朋友KINDER 英文老師已不會咁讀了...

[ 本帖最後由 rabbitpiggy 於 09-12-2 11:11 編輯 ]
作者: WYmom    時間: 09-12-2 11:14

原帖由 rabbitpiggy 於 09-12-2 10:59 發表

可能真係只有middle class 才可以afford 很多的英文playgroup 或不同類型的英文interest class.

但全港的小童都會讀kinder 的, 現在我相信所有kinder 教的英文都會比n 年前的多和深.  

問題出在那兒呢??? 真係百 ...

I think the problems relate more with the easy syllbus of govt primary schools.  Do you notice that some elite schools teach one level higher than the average schools to raise the English standard of their students?  

As most kinders are private, they teach higher level of English, but when students join primary, the standard may drop gradually if the syllbus is comparatively easy.
作者: bowling68    時間: 09-12-2 11:25

我覺得問題係中中, 朋輩影響, 同太多娛樂, NDS, PSP, MSN, Facebook, all these attracts the youngsters more time in leisure than study.
作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-12-2 11:42

do you think there is anything does about the language environment?
nowadays, the parents are more protective than before thus children don't really have chances to play with other children...
with all the activities and classes they have.... most of time, the child just say hi, then lesson, and say good bye...
how many hours does the child really spend with their friends??

i do think practice english with NEF (native english friends) is more effective than NET...
作者: mamimummy    時間: 09-12-2 12:01

個個學生急功近利, 都係exam-oriented, 要精讀, tip題目, 記最少, 背得叻, 而家的小朋友是"等"mami點樣幫佢地3級跳, 而不是自己想辦法, 最後"吃完速效藥"得完一張張證書,獎狀又不是原地踏步, 知識始終是日積月累的才能牢記,用心學過才能懂得運用化成自己的學問, 水過duck背,急功近利的學習模式,  何來真章可見.

原帖由 Charlotte_mom 於 09-12-2 11:09 發表
agree!
而家香港考試制度好怪, 個個學生急功近利, 都係exam-oriented, 要精讀, tip題目, 記最少, 背得叻, 寫得快
唸起當年我d同學去xx補習天王班, 連英文作文都係一句句咁背, 以求出奇制勝拎高分, 咁攪法, 一跳出考 ...

[ 本帖最後由 mamimummy 於 09-12-2 12:08 編輯 ]
作者: mamimummy    時間: 09-12-2 12:17

with all the activities and classes they have.... most of time, the child just say hi, then lesson, and say good bye...
how many hours does the child really spend with their friends??  they just learn in a blocked area. No real learning life - communication with peers.

i do think practice english with NEF (native english friends) is more effective than NET

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-12-2 11:42 發表
nowadays, the parents are more protective than before thus children don't really have chances to play with other children...
with  ...

作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-12-2 12:27

Yes living / playing with people who speak English is essential.
作者: gingerale    時間: 09-12-2 12:51

差點都忘記z是讀“2-set”﹐ 但我都是二十幾歲在美加生活時才知道沒人這樣讀。  剛到那裡﹐要分“z” 和 “c” 實在很難呢﹗

原帖由 rabbitpiggy 於 09-12-2 11:10 發表

照計師資現在應更好的, 我以前讀書邊有外籍老師, 邊有專科專教, 邊有英文水平試..

以前教我的英文老師仲教緊我地讀英文子母Z 為"易set"... 但現在我的小朋友KINDER 英文老師已不會咁讀了... ...

作者: gingerale    時間: 09-12-2 13:01

同意﹐但玩不能天天玩﹐也不能一整天在英語環境中﹐除非是英文小學。其實英文小學里學到最多英文的不是英文科﹐而是GS﹐當我看到我子女可以看和讀GS科本﹐和自己看懂題目考試﹐我覺得他們的英語水平在同年的小學生來說已是不差的了。  同時﹐他們也“被迫”跟一些不會中文的同學講英文﹐聽起來也頭頭是道。

原帖由 daisy17772 於 09-12-2 12:27 發表
Yes living / playing with people who speak English is essential.

作者: gingerale    時間: 09-12-2 13:07

奇怪﹐幼稚園和小學就越教越深﹐中學就越學越淺﹐到底是什麼道理﹖

原帖由 WYmom 於 09-12-2 11:14 發表

I think the problems relate more with the easy syllbus of govt primary schools.  Do you notice that some elite schools teach one level higher than the average schools to raise the English standard o ...

作者: waiwaibaba    時間: 09-12-2 14:19

原帖由 gingerale 於 09-12-2 13:07 發表
奇怪﹐幼稚園和小學就越教越深﹐中學就越學越淺﹐到底是什麼道理﹖

I think this is 1 further reason to choose a thru-train or near thru-train primary school if possible to ensure consistency in curriculum, teaching style and value throughout
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-12-2 14:35

原帖由 gingerale 於 09-12-2 13:01 發表
同意﹐但玩不能天天玩﹐也不能一整天在英語環境中﹐除非是英文小學。其實英文小學里學到最多英文的不是英文科﹐而是GS﹐當我看到我子女可以看和讀GS科本﹐和自己看懂題目考試﹐我覺得他們的英語水平在同年的小學生來說已是不差的了 ...

My personal opinion is even studying at English local school is inadequate to reach high in both vocal and written English proficiency, but it's better than none.  If possible, let them exposure more in English, e.g. I set a few English days every week, so the whole family has to talk in English, accompany them to listen to / watch news, documentary or children programme in English, of course, reading English books.
作者: smartmatt    時間: 09-12-2 14:38

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 09-12-2 11:42 發表
with  ...

environment is most critical...what has changed in the last 10 years...

...more immigrants - changing culture
...teachers are under more pressure
...school system gone and went thru the Mother language - leadership of our government???
...university are easier before it was 8% and now 25%, standards of graduates entering the workforce are even lower
...we still don't speak English in everyday situations
... new system of smaller classes will put more pressure on teachers
...new secondary system will put more pressure on teachers as more activity bases learning and more work assessments, usually basics suffers
...past 10 yrs the economy has been on roller coaster as such more and more people need to work longer hours to make a living, less time for family and kids

Relative rest of SE Asia, we are in no man land, our average standards of English or Mandarin can't compare to our neighbors.
作者: waiwaibaba    時間: 09-12-2 14:45

-  deleted--

[ 本帖最後由 waiwaibaba 於 09-12-2 14:47 編輯 ]
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-12-2 14:47

原帖由 waiwaibaba 於 09-12-2 14:45 發表

Hmm- Friday and Sat nights at Lan Kwai Fong may be more helpful to brush up oral English though ......

Not a bad idea, learn to do small talk in English, but it would not be the kind of oral English you want your child to learn at this stage jer!
作者: Charlotte_mom    時間: 09-12-2 14:48

但學返黎d英文可能唔係太文雅
原帖由 waiwaibaba 於 09-12-2 02:45 PM 發表
-  deleted--

作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-12-2 14:49

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: dvb    時間: 09-12-2 14:50

問題會否在於那份研究報告本身.

How the research was conducted is very important.  Is the conclusion fair or not?

要現時大學生的英文比從前的好是不可能的.  大學生多了這麼多, 平均能力一定不及精英制.  所以平均能力下降是必然的, 不用太緊張.  This is the LAW OF AVERAGE.

依我眼見, 我相信學生整體英語能力應比以前好得多.  若只拿最叻果2000人跟以前最叻果2000人比, 現時的學生英語能力應比以前好, 還要好好多.

[ 本帖最後由 dvb 於 09-12-2 14:57 編輯 ]
作者: flostangraphy    時間: 09-12-2 14:50

that's right, bring the kids there at around 12am, there is another common language they can learn; "the Alcoholish".

原帖由 waiwaibaba 於 2/12/2009 14:45 發表

Hmm- Friday and Sat nights at Lan Kwai Fong may be more helpful to brush up oral English though ......

作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-12-2 14:56

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-12-2 14:49 發表
But amongst the kids I know everybody can speak in english and they can read books... I wonder why it will deteriorate when they grow up.

Yes, they might not have perfect accent but they have good vo ...

Oral and written are two things.  One can speak English well doesn't mean he/she can write good English.
I observed that personality and confidence play a role.  In my previous work, even some graduates from HK top uni, they don't speak good English, written english is better than their oral.  A person who is not afraid of speaking up (it doesn't matter about its accent or sentence structure), since they're willing to talk and are not shy about themselves, they gradually improve their oral English. In business world, business writing is different, so the more they write and read others passage, the better they write business writing.

The kind of magazines / books they read will definitely affect their proficiency.  If children read more those "hip" magazines when they grow up, of course affecting both Chinese and English.

[ 本帖最後由 daisy17772 於 09-12-2 14:57 編輯 ]
作者: rachncurtsmom    時間: 09-12-2 15:01

My second-cousin had good English as a small kid, but as he grew bigger, his English got worse.  He's not very willing to use it, unless it's really necessary.  It's kind of awkward to speak to a Chinese person in English.

When I was in secondary school, we had English campaigns and English days.  But none of the students would speak in English.  We just kept our mouth shut when there were teachers around.  I agree that English environment is really important for learning the language.
作者: gingerale    時間: 09-12-2 15:07

現在英文好的小朋友以後會不會變差將來才知道。
但現在英文不好的十幾二十歲年輕人﹐他們小時候的英文水平﹐一定比我們小時候好得多。
現在我們要作的是﹐怎樣使我們正在讀幼稚園/小學的小孩讀到中學大學的時候﹐ 他們的英文不會像現在的年輕人那樣。

But amongst the kids I know everybody can speak in english and they can read books... I wonder why it will deteriorate when they grow up.

作者: gingerale    時間: 09-12-2 15:12

這個要看父母本身的英語水平是怎樣﹐但單是靠家裡一個星期一倆天英文日也不夠。  當然家校合作的效果是最好的。

原帖由 daisy17772 於 09-12-2 14:35 發表

My personal opinion is even studying at English local school is inadequate to reach high in both vocal and written English proficiency, but it's better than none.  If possible, let them exposure mor ...

作者: smartmatt    時間: 09-12-2 15:43

原帖由 rachncurtsmom 於 09-12-2 15:01 發表
My second-cousin had good English as a small kid, but as he grew bigger, his English got worse.  He's not very willing to use it, unless it's really necessary.  It's kind of awkward to speak to a Chin ...

We should encourage our kids to speak English.  I play simple games with them and keep repeating the same phrases where they can reply in simple phrases.  We build on this.   E.g. hide and seek, "where are you?", answer "I'm here", "are you in bed?", "no /yes",...and it goes on to build vocabulary and confidence.
作者: smartmatt    時間: 09-12-2 15:45

原帖由 daisy17772 於 09-12-2 14:56 發表

Oral and written are two things.  One can speak English well doesn't mean he/she can write good English.
I observed that personality and confidence play a role.  In my previous work, even some gradu ...

My observation is majority of uni graduates (even ones returning from abroad) can't speak good English.
作者: rabbitpiggy    時間: 09-12-2 16:00

原帖由 gingerale 於 09-12-2 15:07 發表
現在英文好的小朋友以後會不會變差將來才知道。
但現在英文不好的十幾二十歲年輕人﹐他們小時候的英文水平﹐一定比我們小時候好得多。
現在我們要作的是﹐怎樣使我們正在讀幼稚園/小學的小孩讀到中學大學的時候﹐ 他們的英文 ...

點解你咁肯定呢??
作者: rabbitpiggy    時間: 09-12-2 16:02

這不是就叫做:

win 在起點... 但輸在終點....
作者: wootaitai    時間: 09-12-2 16:08

作者: gingerale    時間: 09-12-2 16:15

也許你比較年輕﹐我讀幼稚園是七十年代的事﹐4歲才學A for apple﹐b for boy﹐etc

現在年輕人讀幼稚園已是九十年代以後﹐小時候學的英文﹐肯定比我那一代多和深吧﹖

原帖由 rabbitpiggy 於 09-12-2 16:00 發表

點解你咁肯定呢??

作者: 尚宮大人    時間: 09-12-2 16:16

作者: smartmatt    時間: 09-12-2 16:17

原帖由 gingerale 於 09-12-2 16:15 發表
也許你比較年輕﹐我讀幼稚園是七十年代的事﹐4歲才學A for apple﹐b for boy﹐etc

現在年輕人讀幼稚園已是九十年代以後﹐小時候學的英文﹐肯定比我那一代多和深吧﹖

yes, well for minority, its at 3 yrs old instead of 4 where learn their ABC's.  By 4 they are learning more worlds and simple sentences.
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-12-2 20:59

原帖由 smartmatt 於 09-12-2 15:45 發表

My observation is majority of uni graduates (even ones returning from abroad) can't speak good English.

I met those ppl returning from abroad.  Because if those overseas students stay only with ppl from HK, they are unlikely to pick up good English.  But HK uni graduates having poor speaking English is more common due to lack of English environment, those overseas graduates still having poor speaking English is because they haven't made use of the favourable Environment, and /or they were sent to abroad not early enough to learn language. So the key is still " having the environment and do make use of it', and ppl who is not afraid of speaking up will win.  Those ppl from overseas uni who do speak good English ( i don't mean perfect accent) usually come from very good University and have studied in overseas countries since they were small.
作者: appletree09    時間: 09-12-2 22:36

原帖由 daisy17772 於 09-12-2 20:59 發表

I met those ppl returning from abroad.  Because if those overseas students stay only with ppl from HK, they are unlikely to pick up good English.  But HK uni graduates having poor speaking English i ...

If you like your kids having perfect accent, you need to send them overseas starting S1 rather than waiting until Unversity. It is a bit diffcult to develope your accent after S1.
作者: daisy17772    時間: 09-12-2 23:12

原帖由 appletree09 於 09-12-2 22:36 發表

If you like your kids having perfect accent, you need to send them overseas starting S1 rather than waiting until Unversity. It is a bit diffcult to develope your accent after S1.

Studying abroad only for Uni is unlikely to develop american/british accent, but they could still have good writing skills.  I have a few friends who went to overseas in junior high or upper high school could still pick up excellent british accent, but they are kind of ppl who have almost perfect pitch.
作者: bowling68    時間: 09-12-2 23:14

I would like to share the experience of my boy:

My son nearly 6 in K3, in estate kindergarten. We emphasis English during he grew up.

We borrow many books for him from public library and sometimes bring him to library on Sat or Sun.

He likes reading, especaillly the books about Dinosaurs, and can memorise those long names, even those books not for his age, he will not afraid to read
(maybe only the photos and heading).

All in all, he likes English very much, even he choose interview in English (we know he only speak fairly).

Even we listen Radio, he will ask to change to English Radio.

And he can read (maybe 80%) of a P.4 English Text book (Step up English), and do the C4Cat internet word games.

We believe It all depends the environment for the children, no matter he will be in Chinese or English primary school.

[ 本帖最後由 bowling68 於 09-12-3 12:24 編輯 ]
作者: rachncurtsmom    時間: 09-12-3 14:32

原帖由 bowling68 於 09-12-2 23:14 發表
I would like to share the experience of my boy:

My son nearly 6 in K3, in estate kindergarten. We emphasis English during he grew up.

We borrow many books for him from public library and sometimes b ...

Good for you.

When the children are small, there is not so much influence from their classmates.  But when they go to primary school, they start talking to their classmates on the phone, and spend more time with them at school.  So the environment would be quite different.
作者: rachncurtsmom    時間: 09-12-3 14:40

原帖由 daisy17772 於 09-12-2 20:59 發表

I met those ppl returning from abroad.  Because if those overseas students stay only with ppl from HK, they are unlikely to pick up good English.  But HK uni graduates having poor speaking English i ...

I also have a story to share.

There was this guy from HK who went to university in Canada.  He majored in Engineering, and has finished all the other courses, except one, that he needed to graduate.  The only course he needed was English.

He paid someone to write English essays for him for all the assignments.  But he had to go in person for the finals, and he failed the finals.  So he had to stay in Canada for another year just for one English course.  The second time round, he paid someone to write his assignments as well.  When it came to the finals, he's lucky to be given several topics to prepare at home.  So he got one written up, recited the whole assay, and dictated it for the finals.  He should be really grateful for his good memory.
作者: hyto    時間: 09-12-3 19:22

不過,同國籍學校不同,很多英小都係由返中國(老師)人教,其實,她們的發音和文法同NET差很遠。如果,讀國際學校,又學不好中文

真係難搞!

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5