標題: 代問: st PAUL BOYS VS 英華 [打印本頁]

作者: VANESSAT    時間: 09-12-16 14:26     標題: 代問: st PAUL BOYS VS 英華

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: winnieok    時間: 09-12-16 15:19     標題: st paul boys

if both school accept you.  
Of course is st paul boys.

A excellent school for boys.
作者: VKwan    時間: 09-12-16 15:21

唔駛問啦,中意邊間咪邊間囉!如果其中一間係明顯突出,都唔需要心大心細啦,心大心細得既即是差唔多!
作者: Bilobi    時間: 09-12-16 15:34

Yes, both are good schools.
No matter which you go, it's a good choice.

Personal view:
St. Paul's Boys: 較傳統
Ying Wa: 較有"heart", 較有活力

Both offer sound academic training.
作者: bb123321    時間: 09-12-16 15:37

作者: kikispider    時間: 09-12-16 15:39

作者: Micky    時間: 09-12-16 16:12

唔止呢個數
而且中學部明年轉直資
只要符合資格就會收

原帖由 kikispider 於 09-12-16 15:39 發表
But, As I know, only 70% of primary student of St. Paul Boys can be promoted to secondary.

[ 本帖最後由 Micky 於 09-12-16 16:30 編輯 ]
作者: ukodelechan    時間: 09-12-16 16:46

Both are good schools.

However, despite school fee and location, St. Paul's Boys is far better than Ying Wa. They are of different class woh!!
作者: smartmatt    時間: 09-12-16 16:53

what does it take to get boy into SP?
作者: msli    時間: 09-12-16 17:07

我會選擇英華,因為聽朋友講無論校長和老師都很熱心,對教育充滿熱誠。另外在學費方面英華比St.Paul Boy平,校舍相對大很多。
原帖由 VANESSAT 於 09-12-16 14:26 發表
st PAUL BOYS VS 英華,請給意見 。

作者: waiwaibaba    時間: 09-12-16 17:19

原帖由 VANESSAT 於 09-12-16 14:26 發表
st PAUL BOYS VS 英華,請給意見 。

Based on published results, it seem current academic results of Ying Wah Sec  (about 70% with 14 marks or above in HKCEE) is better than St Paul Secondary (not mentioned at all in its school report but it did mention that % of F6 places filled by its own F5 students dropped from 9X% to 80% only in 2007/08;another query here - why only updated to 2007/08 results only, whereas the 2008/09 results should be readily available?)

In term of sports, Ying Wah sec has much higher ranking also.
作者: season_sincere    時間: 09-12-16 18:29

I think St. Paul's Boys is much better.

First of all, longer history and good reputation. St. Paul's boys has developed a very nice brand name in Hong Kong, a well-known school.

Also, the location of St. Paul's boys is better. I think that Shum Shui Po District is not a very good choice. Recently, the campus of Ying Wa is larger, but as St. Paul's boys will move in 2012, their campus is certainly nicer.

In terms of academic performance, I think St. Paul's boys is also better. Their academic standard is quite high, especially for English subjects. Their students also got very promising and excellent results in the public examinations. Students in St. Paul's Boys are more capable than Ying Wa's.
作者: JKTL    時間: 09-12-16 19:15

我揀PAUL BOY
牌子老 信用好
作者: JKTL    時間: 09-12-16 19:16

2012年講一定搬..
相信 新校舍都系大..
原帖由 msli 於 09-12-16 17:07 發表

作者: hvparent.07    時間: 09-12-16 20:15

個人意見, 我會楝SPB.  YW其實得校長係度sell, 唔係真係咁有heart同有活力, 功課都幾多, 算傳統學校.  所以 SPB歷史同校譽都高好多.
作者: hogwarts    時間: 09-12-16 20:32

SPCPS will move to Victoria Rd in 2012:
http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr08-09/chinese/fc/pwsc/papers/p09-42c.pdf
作者: chunheimama    時間: 09-12-16 20:46

如果學費及地点不時問題的話, 我會揀 St Paul Boy, 純綷個人喜好.
作者: ymc2727    時間: 09-12-16 22:56

我個人好鍾意英華, 真係一間好有活力嘅小學, 校長同老師都好有心去攪好間學校, 協恩都係一手比呢個校長攪起
攪到學術上有得同maryknoll, st. mary 爭一日之長短
運動上, 學界運動會女子項目年年都係得協恩, 德望同dgjs 鬥
佢將協恩嗰套搬過去做, 我都對英華較有信心
仲有, 我估唔係太多校長會見到小朋友就叫得出佢個名, 真係要好有心對學生至會去記實每個小朋友嘅特質
朋友個囝都喺入面讀到小二, 見佢日日返學真係開心到不得了, 學校仲要train 到佢好鬼醒, 個腦係識急轉彎, 唔會讀到好呆滯
作者: fsforth    時間: 09-12-16 23:14

原帖由 ymc2727 於 09-12-16 22:56 發表
我個人好鍾意英華, 真係一間好有活力嘅小學, 校長同老師都好有心去攪好間學校, 協恩都係一手比呢個校長攪起
攪到學術上有得同maryknoll, st. mary 爭一日之長短
運動上, 學界運動會女子項目年年都係得協恩, 德望同dg ...

Good Point!
有幾多個校長會親自in 二千幾人? 無活力點做?
作者: CHTmami    時間: 09-12-17 08:42

原帖由 fsforth 於 09-12-16 23:14 發表

Good Point!
有幾多個校長會親自in 二千幾人? 無活力點做?

You may not know that Paul's Boys' principal used to interview the applicants by hershelf, one by one.  YW's principal does interview by hershelf, but it is 1 to 5 or 4.

These two schools are of different classes and styles, can't compare.
作者: CHTmami    時間: 09-12-17 08:46

原帖由 fsforth 於 09-12-16 23:14 發表

Good Point!
有幾多個校長會親自in 二千幾人? 無活力點做?

You may not know that SPCPS's principal used to interview the applicants by herself one by one.  YW's principal does interview by herself but it is 1 to 4 or 5.

These two schools are of different classes and styles, can't compare.
作者: Oscarmom    時間: 09-12-17 10:34

During the final interview Principal Lam did all the interview one by one with the parent.

原帖由 CHTmami 於 09-12-17 08:46 發表

You may not know that SPCPS's principal used to interview the applicants by herself one by one.  YW's principal does interview by herself but it is 1 to 4 or 5.

These two schools are of different c ...

作者: CHTmami    時間: 09-12-17 10:45

原帖由 Oscarmom 於 09-12-17 10:34 發表
During the final interview Principal Lam did all the interview one by one with the parent.

I'm quite sure every principal will do the final interview by herself or himself.  This is her/his job.  My point is that YW's principal is NOT the only one who does the first interview for all the applicants!
作者: Bilobi    時間: 09-12-17 12:45

We attended interviews and luckily got offers from both schools. .

YW's principal: attended both first and second round
SP's prinicipal: conducted second round
Anyway, BOTH are very good principals with good knowledge, heart and experience in education.

What I wish to tell is that if you go into the two schools and attended its talks/ registration, you can really feel the difference. Obviously, the teachers (not only the principal) in YW are more enthusiastic and caring. You can feel that they really wish to make the school a better one.

SP organized a parents' talk after release of offers. We went to the talk very excitedly as we're delighted to get the offer and really wished to know more about this school with long good history. However, I can tell when we left the school, we felt quite disappointed and can almost made a decision of putting it to 2nd or 3rd choice. Except those teachers who're "invited" by the principal to present in the talk, ALL teachers left the school. In fact, I think the school might need teachers to help introduce the schools, talk to parents, maintain smooth run of the talk... The presentations were all made in tiring mood without caring about if the audience could hear/ listen/ understand...If they use the same approach in teaching kids, oh!

Anyway, just wish to share what I witnessed and felt in my experience with these schools for BK parents' reference. Trust your own eyes, you can go and get a feel.

Old fashioned words: if you got both offers, it's a pleasant problem to have. Both are good schools!
At the end of the day, parental guidance is also important. I think both schools are rating applications by the whole family rather than by the kid only.

[ 本帖最後由 Bilobi 於 09-12-17 12:51 編輯 ]
作者: childrenfirst    時間: 09-12-17 13:39

Agreed with you.

其實做好基本資料,去到一個地步,做決定唔係再係compare 學校,係要問自己想點,答唔到呢個問題,再開多100條threads問人都係哂時間。

對下下class來class的形容詞真不敢恭維,呢個世界咁大,山外有山...點至叫做high class? 我有呢2間offers, 唔同style明,唔同class就真係唔明。

原帖由 Bilobi 於 09-12-17 12:45 發表
We attended interviews and luckily got offers from both schools. .

YW's principal: attended both first and second round
SP's prinicipal: conducted second round
Anyway, BOTH are very good principals w ...

作者: mamay    時間: 09-12-17 14:31

Both are good schools.  I applied both school though only accept by one of them.

I think you can make your choice base on the kid's character.  If he is more quiet, you can choose St Paul Boy.
If he is active, you can choose YW.
作者: smartcar    時間: 09-12-17 14:44

Don't mix the St Paul Co-ed with the St Paul Boys together.  They are two differents school.

YW is the school with longest history in Hong Kong, 181 years. However, YW is far from blue blooded and works on root.

YW College 's academic result should be at par, if not better, than St Paul Boys'.

Take a close look to their annual reports from their websites, St Paul Boys did not even have result on Web.  Look at Ying Wa, all works are transparent.

For teachers, YWC has 100% degree holder and 40 % with master.

St Paul Boys only has 80% degree holder in secondary school.

I will take SPCC anytime but not SPC.
作者: sunnygirl    時間: 09-12-17 15:10

其實兩間都係好學校,一於就住九龍新界既讀英華,住香港既就讀st. paul boys。
作者: ukodelechan    時間: 09-12-17 15:50

原帖由 smartcar 於 09-12-17 14:44 發表
Don't mix the St Paul Co-ed with the St Paul Boys together.  They are two differents school.

YW is the school with longest history in Hong Kong, 181 years. However, YW is far from blue blooded and wo ...

Qouted from Wiki: St. Paul's College (Traditional Chinese: 聖保羅書院) is an Anglican day school for boys in Mid Levels, Hong Kong and is located adjacent to University of Hong Kong. Established in 1851, it is the oldest secondary school there.

While YW established in 1843.

Also, you can say, St. Paul's is not as transparent as YW, but I don't think you should say it is not as good as YW.
作者: chubby2688    時間: 09-12-17 15:53

Agree

原帖由 sunnygirl 於 09-12-17 15:10 發表
其實兩間都係好學校,一於就住九龍新界既讀英華,住香港既就讀st. paul boys。

作者: Oscarmom    時間: 09-12-17 18:20

tsl and kts didn't do the final interview by the principal.

原帖由 CHTmami 於 09-12-17 10:45 發表

I'm quite sure every principal will do the final interview by herself or himself.  This is her/his job.  My point is that YW's principal is NOT the only one who does the first interview for all the  ...

作者: mattsmum    時間: 09-12-17 18:24

sorry, where is the word "class" in 12:45's post?

原帖由 childrenfirst 於 09-12-17 13:39 發表
Agreed with you.

其實做好基本資料,去到一個地步,做決定唔係再係compare 學校,係要問自己想點,答唔到呢個問題,再開多100條threads問人都係哂時間。

對下下class來class的形容詞真不敢恭維,呢個世界咁大,山外有山...點至 ...

作者: mya    時間: 09-12-17 18:28

可能我識朋友既小朋友係YW讀, 又識朋友以前係個度教書,所以對"校長和老師都很熱心,對教育充滿熱誠"都有所保留!
作者: childrenfirst    時間: 09-12-17 19:32

not for the post of 12:45, in fact, I agreed with that post.

The "class" comment was referring to the earlier post.

原帖由 mattsmum 於 09-12-17 18:24 發表
sorry, where is the word "class" in 12:45's post?

作者: diversity    時間: 09-12-17 20:06

原帖由 smartcar 於 09-12-17 14:44 發表

YW is the school with longest history in Hong Kong, 181 years. However, YW is far from blue blooded and wo ...

oh yes, yes: 181 years, very precise. from Malacca period   
1818年英國傳教士馬禮遜馬六甲創辦英華書院

I also don't think parents will mix up SPCC & SPC up to this school selection stage. Your worry can be saved I think.

[ 本帖最後由 diversity 於 09-12-18 12:13 編輯 ]
作者: fairparent    時間: 09-12-17 21:19

SPC boys is the first English speaking school for boys in HK.
Their network and  Alumni are very famous eg. LEGCO the Tsang Bro's, Joseph Yam Chi Kong, Pei Lap Ming the architect etc,.
i think Sam hui is the most famous Alumni of Ying Wa boys?
you can't compare them, St Paul's College have been good since 1851.....
this year a Form 5 boy Wong Hoi Lun got into Cambridge's Trinity College..... and they didn't make massive ads or promote it on their website,
seems SPC boys and the parents are not that pretentious, these new schools will post up any petty award......

原帖由 diversity 於 09-12-17 20:06 發表

oh yes, yes: 181 years, very precise. from Malacca period
1818年英國傳教士馬禮遜馬六甲創辦英華書院

I also don't think parents will mix up SPCC & SPC up to this school selection stage. Your w ...

作者: appletree09    時間: 09-12-18 00:14

原帖由 CHTmami 於 09-12-17 10:45 發表

I'm quite sure every principal will do the final interview by herself or himself.  This is her/his job.  My point is that YW's principal is NOT the only one who does the first interview for all the  ...

I am afraid Ramondi college primary school principal did not interview the kids at all.
作者: mamay    時間: 09-12-18 09:44

原帖由 mya 於 09-12-17 18:28 發表

可能我識朋友既小朋友係YW讀, 又識朋友以前係個度教書,所以對"校長和老師都很熱心,對教育充滿熱誠"都有所保留!

Can you explain more?
作者: andrewpapa    時間: 09-12-18 12:03

As a parent, also as a friend of many teachers.  I strong recommend that not to use their appearence to judge their heart of taking care of the students.

I always share the followings to the parents in BK, you have to

1, understand your children's characteristics: active, quiet, can handle pressure, like to write, etc

2, understand which school your son will not like. I remember I told my son "So Chi" accepted him, he cried and cried.  so I know this school may not suit him.  NOT BECOZ the school is not good, but only my son will not fit this one.

3, the degree of effort that the parents can participate.  Whether you want to be your children all years tuitor? Please ask yourself.

4, Last but not least, don't judge the school based on emotion and rumors.  Do not compare, schools are apple and orange.  Look into each individual issue that you concern the most.  A point I would like to share, most of the school in HK will have many different kinds of exams, tests, homeworks all year round. Take these all as a learning opportunities to your children rather than a torture.  Think about your past and current working situation, we got test almost everyday.

5, No need to compare the secondary school's result at this stage.  That is too far away issue.  Whether your children can grow in these 6 years should be the most important thing in your mind. If he is smart, he can jump to any school he wants.  If he can't perform well enough, you should care about his primary study but not the secondary.

6, Activities or sport issue, is this the most care about things in your mind.  If the school can't offer you the best opportunities, can you find it outside. If you can find it outside, this will not be the main issue on choosing the school.

as many BK parent acknowledgement, i am a traditional father who likes traditional teaching methods.  I am just sharing my view.

I know kids from both schools, whether they can success not only relied on the school, but also the family.

Raise their interest of studys, give them a reason, a target to study
作者: oknsca    時間: 09-12-19 10:33

andrewpapa       
作者: redhot    時間: 09-12-19 11:26

原帖由 andrewpapa 於 09-12-18 12:03 發表
As a parent, also as a friend of many teachers.  I strong recommend that not to use their appearence to judge their heart of taking care of the students.

I always share the followings to the parents  ...
好理智既分析!
作者: christycheng    時間: 09-12-19 13:48

作者: diversity    時間: 09-12-19 22:38

Well said! you are a SPC parent, right?
作者: Teresa    時間: 09-12-21 10:29

200% agreee!!!!!!!!!!
作者: andrewpapa    時間: 09-12-21 10:49

To Diversity,

Yes, I am.

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5