教育王國

標題: So Chit Nursery [打印本頁]

作者: JWKC    時間: 10-1-5 10:31     標題: So Chit Nursery

Could any mothers give me the run-down of the PM PN class of So Chit Nursery, e.g. when will be the tea time.
By the way, is So Chit really a good and famous nursery and kindergarten?

Many thanks.
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-5 17:08

There is no classroom run-down from the school to the parents.  A generic run-down was posted in the classroom. So, I don't think any PM class parents can give you a run-down.  In general, each day (3 hours per day), the students will spend half an hour in the playground to train their mobility skill, and then half an hour for English activities, other time, they will have theme activities conducted in the form of singing, story telling, art and group activities.  And then approximately half an hour for toilet and tea lah.  Tea time is normally in the mid of the 3 hours.  So, you calculate from the lesson start time of your kid.

To communicate with the parents, a weekly memo will be given to the parents informing them what songs and stuff will be taught and what activities will be conducted in that week.

So Chit is a famous nursery and kindergarten for language.  Good or not?  Each person will have different comment, I will say overall is GOOD, otherwise, I will not let my kid attends KG there after PN.  

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-5 10:31 發表
Could any mothers give me the run-down of the PM PN class of So Chit Nursery, e.g. when will be the tea time.
By the way, is So Chit really a good and famous nursery and kindergarten?

Many thanks. ...

作者: JWKC    時間: 10-1-6 08:48

Thank you very much, Sorb.

By the way, what language have you (i..e the parents) used in the communication with the teachers of So Chit?  Cantonese?

Thanks.
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-6 09:16

I trust you are asking the Chinese teachers.  We can communicate with them in either Cantonese or Mandarine.  The teachers understand both language though some may not speak Cantonese.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 08:48 發表
Thank you very much, Sorb.

By the way, what language have you (i..e the parents) used in the communication with the teachers of So Chit?  Cantonese?

Thanks.

作者: JWKC    時間: 10-1-6 11:09

Hi Sorb,

Can the students of the PN Class enter into kindergarten of So Chit easily?  Do you know what is the percentage around?
Thanks a lot.
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-6 11:19

Should be easy though still need to sit for the interview.  And many afternoon class PN students can secure an AM places in KCS KG.  So far, I have not heard of failure cases if they wanted to stay (of course, just among the parents I known only, I don't have official figures).  The number of KG places in KCS is far more than PN places, so, this should not be your concern in deciding whether to choose KCS PN or not.  If I were you, the travelling time would be my concern.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 11:09 發表
Hi Sorb,

Can the students of the PN Class enter into kindergarten of So Chit easily?  Do you know what is the percentage around?
Thanks a lot.

作者: JWKC    時間: 10-1-6 11:49

I have roughly estimated the travel time from my home to So Chit which will be less than one hour.  The route is that:  Travel from my home to North Point by MTR first (The time for door to door is around 30 minutes) and then get on the school bus at 1:30 p.m.

Do you think that it is fine?

In fact, only for my opinion, I think that So Chit should be better than some private nurseries or kindergartens at Kowloon Tong.  Firstly, the language is quite strong for So Chit, so that we do not need to attend the Mandarin or English playgroups during the weekend and I could spend more time to communicate with my daughter (I am a working mother) or let my daughter to play with the children of my friends/relatives or do other things during the weekend.  Secondly, the school fee is much cheaper than the private nurseries or kindergartens at Kowloon Tong.  Thirdly, I like the "traditional teaching approach" of So Chit.  I heard from many people that the students of So Chit is very polite and good.  So, it is a hit PN for the recent years.
作者: NT-1    時間: 10-1-6 12:23

Dear Sorb,
Do yo know the name of 校長and 主任 of So Chit Nursery in Chinese??  I want to write the letter to ask for a morning session seat but the receptionist over the phone won't tell me about their names because she said it was useless to write such letter since all seats were full already.
Thanks

[ 本帖最後由 NT-1 於 10-1-6 12:26 編輯 ]
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-6 13:42

I have written similar letters 2 years ago when applying KCS PN, I remember I addressed it to 陳 主任.  She was in charge of the enrollment matters at that time.  I have spoken to her before I address the letter to her.  You try to call to ask the receptionist to connect your line to  陳 主任 to ask if she is the person in charge of the enrollment for this year.   陳 主任 is a nice person.  No need to address to 校長.

原帖由 NT-1 於 10-1-6 12:23 發表
Dear Sorb,
Do yo know the name of 校長and 主任 of So Chit Nursery in Chinese??  I want to write the letter to ask for a morning session seat but the receptionist over the phone won't tell me about the ...

作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-6 13:46

You can't find a school bus operated by outsider go to KCS directly from your living place?  Which region are you living?  

If you don't mind your girl walk, you can ask your maid to walk to school from the North Point MTR station woh, it is a great exercise. I know a girl who lived in Junk Bay go to school like this.  Her mum told me they can reach home every day before 12:30pm (morning school finishes at 11:45am).

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 11:49 發表
I have roughly estimated the travel time from my home to So Chit which will be less than one hour.  The route is that:  Travel from my home to North Point by MTR first (The time for door to door is ar ...

作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-6 14:00

"traditional teaching approach" of So Chit?? What do you mean when you say traditional approach?

The school requires the students to have good discipline, which is true, say, you are not supposed to speak too much in class, should sit still (don't walk around) while the teacher is teaching you. Unlike a famous private KG that I know, they will let the children lying on the floor while reading books in class.

But if you are talking about the teaching approach, I find their class activities very diversified woh in PN and K1.  I have no idea about K2 & 3 yet.  For instance, if they want to teach the PN students what people will eat in winter or Lunar New year, they will have hotpot and 煎年糕 in class (really cooking, but by the teachers with the student standing in a safe distance to watch in small group).  To teach what activities will people usually do in autumn, they will let the PN children fly the kite in the playground.  If they want to teach colour (say Red), all children are urged to wear in Red to school. From the pictures taken in class by the teachers, I also saw the PN children doing water-play, sand-play, cat-walk on the bridge (pretend to be a model by wearing smart), etc.  So, I do think their teaching approach has changed from traditional to active lah (at least for PN and K1).

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-6 13:46 發表
You can't find a school bus operated by outsider go to KCS directly from your living place?  Which region are you living?  

If you don't mind your girl walk, you can ask your maid to walk to school f ...

作者: JWKC    時間: 10-1-6 14:00

Dear Sorb,

I learnt from Ms She that she did not provide the private school bus from my side.  Do you have any other information about the private school bus from my side to So Chit?  Please kindly advise me if so.

I live at Diamond Hill at Kowloon side and very near to the Diamond Hill MTR station.

I am also considering whether to let my daughter and my Indo maid to walk to school from North Point MTR to So Chit.  Do you know how much time will be used around?  Is the Fortress Hill MTR Station more near to So Chit?

By the way, I don't want to reject the PN offer from So Chit since I learnt from many people that So Chit is a good PN.

Thanks.
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-6 14:07

I think North Point better, otherwise, your girl need to change train at North Point to Foretress Hill.  I think you can reach school in 15 minutes time if you walk from the MTR station.

Sorry, I do not have any information about private school bus as we go to school by public transportation. I do not want my girl to ride on school bus on her own.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 14:00 發表
Dear Sorb,

I learnt from Ms She that she did not provide the private school bus from my side.  Do you have any other information about the private school bus from my side to So Chit?  Please kindly a ...

作者: JWKC    時間: 10-1-6 14:26

Thank you Sorb.

So the time taken for going to So Chit from North Point MTR Station by school bus is more or less as by school bus wor. Or maybe faster, since no need to wait the school bus.

By the way, I think you are a full time mother, right?
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-6 14:39

No, same as you, working mum......just too boring doing the office stuff, so, check BK quite often only.  Will be fired if my boss knows this : )

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 14:26 發表
Thank you Sorb.

So the time taken for going to So Chit from North Point MTR Station by school bus is more or less as by school bus wor. Or maybe faster, since no need to wait the school bus.

By the  ...

作者: JWKC    時間: 10-1-6 14:45

Oh, you are a working mother also.

Which area you live?  You bring your daugher to go to school.  Right?  So, who bring your daughter to go back home?
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-6 15:05

I live in Sai Wan Ho.  I normally accompany my girl to the slope leading to the school only as I have to rush to work. My maid will continue the jorney with her to school and pick her home after school.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 14:45 發表
Oh, you are a working mother also.

Which area you live?  You bring your daugher to go to school.  Right?  So, who bring your daughter to go back home?

作者: JWKC    時間: 10-1-6 15:18

Oh, quite near to So Chit.

Does your maid stay at school to wait your daughter until your daughter has finished the lessons every day?

By the way, did your daughter easily get sick in the PN class.  I always hear my friends that their children always get sick during the PN classes (of course in other nursery schools) and could only attend around 50% classes in total.
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-6 15:30

My maid will go home after sending my kid to school and go back again to pick her up.  As the transportation between school and my home is very convinient.  Unlike your case.

It is common for children to fall sick after going to school.  I think my girl is relatively weak as she fell sick almost on average once every 1-2 months while in PN.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 15:18 發表
Oh, quite near to So Chit.

Does your maid stay at school to wait your daughter until your daughter has finished the lessons every day?

By the way, did your daughter easily get sick in the PN class.  ...

作者: JWKC    時間: 10-1-6 15:49

Dear Sorb,

Would you mind to tell me what the public transporation your daughter has taken to go to school?  How much time your daughter has taken to travel from home to school (door to door)?

Many thanks.
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-6 16:29

We can go to school by bus, by mini-bus or by MTR to save $$$ (and should be able to reach school within half an hour), but we are forced to go by taxi every morning as it is very difficult to wake her and me up in the morning : ) We are too lazy......every day, I will say to myself, tomorrow we must wake up early to save $$$.  Door to door within 15 minutes if we are lucky to catch a taxi.  

After school, as no need to hurry, my maid goes home with her by mini-bus (door to door 20 minutes only).  So, you can consider moving to Sai Wan Ho, it is quite convinient to school ga.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 15:49 發表
Dear Sorb,

Would you mind to tell me what the public transporation your daughter has taken to go to school?  How much time your daughter has taken to travel from home to school (door to door)?

Many  ...

作者: JWKC    時間: 10-1-6 16:49

Ha Ha, I will consider to move to Lam Tin or North Point after my daughter has finished her PN class and has been able to enter K1 of So Chit but not now law.

Are your daughter having homework in the PN and K1 at So Chit?
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-6 16:56

No homework in PN and K1.  Homework starting from K2, but not much according to what I have heard from another K2 parents (just 1-2 pieces per day and very simple woh).  Thus, I am very happy about this as a working mum.  If I have to push her to do a lots of homework after work, I want to "die".  If you want one with lots of homework to 谷 academic, So Chit is not that type of KG.  

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 16:49 發表
Ha Ha, I will consider to move to Lam Tin or North Point after my daughter has finished her PN class and has been able to enter K1 of So Chit but not now law.

Are your daughter having homework in the ...

作者: JWKC    時間: 10-1-6 17:17

I dislike homework at the early stage very much.  Just in my opinion, I believe that the home should be for the parents not for the children!!!

Actually, I am a working mum and I just want to play and laugh with my daughter or teach her other things that are not taught by school after my office hours.

Therefore, most of the private nurseries or kindergartens at Kowloon Tong are not my cup of tea due to a lot of homework for the children.  Also, it may build up a wrong idea for the children that the homework should be done with the parents, just like many students studying in the primary schools nowadays.  In fact, the homework should be their own work.

Furthermore, most of the nurseries or kindergartens at Kowloon Tong in fact are not near to the Kowloon Tong MTR station.  More than 30 minutes is required to go to school from my home.

So, I will likely choose So Chit eventually.
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-6 17:38

That is what I want also.....to play and laugh with my daughter after work.....and let her have a happy school life while learning a new langauge in a "natural" school environment with certain level of discipline.  KCS really can give me this up to now.

Having said this, don't mislead to think KCS is perfect.  It still has room for improvement, especially in the administration area.  But the adm. stuff affects the parents more, not too much impact on the students.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 17:17 發表
I dislike homework at the early stage very much.  Just in my opinion, I believe that the home should be for the parents not for the children!!!

Actually, I am a working mum and I just want to play a ...

作者: moonisland    時間: 10-1-6 18:18

hello!  I am planning to apply for this school as well.  do you know if the teachers are very straight or friendly?  I heard that teachers focus on discipline the students, so I wish to verify from a mom who has own experience rather than "rumors"

also, what's the difference between PM and AM class?  any "interests" classes will be arranged for students?

thanks for sharing~~
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-7 09:22

The teachers that I have met are friendly, not strict.  

I think the teacher are quite focus on the discipline of the students.  I asked my girl yesterday night: Did you talk to your neigbour during class?  She answered:  We cannot talk in class, the teachers will be angry.  From this answer, I guess the teachers focus on discipline a lot.

AM class means morning class which begins at 8:45am and finished at 11:45pm.  PM class means afternoon class which I think starts at 1:45pm.

No interest class arranged by school for PN and K1 so far.  I know lots of free interest classes in So Chit Primary.

原帖由 moonisland 於 10-1-6 18:18 發表
hello!  I am planning to apply for this school as well.  do you know if the teachers are very straight or friendly?  I heard that teachers focus on discipline the students, so I wish to verify from a  ...

作者: moonisland    時間: 10-1-7 13:22

Sorb

Your daughter is so cute.  Sometimes appropriate degree of discipline is necessary.  
so, do u think your daughter enjoys her life at the schools?
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-7 13:43

She enjoys her school life very much. She sometimes pretends she is her class teacher at home and told me she misses her classmates.

In my opinion, most children will enjoy their school life if it is without pressure and the teachers are nice.  

原帖由 moonisland 於 10-1-7 13:22 發表
Sorb

Your daughter is so cute.  Sometimes appropriate degree of discipline is necessary.  
so, do u think your daughter enjoys her life at the schools?

作者: pingu_k    時間: 10-1-8 01:36

JWKC,

hv u applied for those KG in Kln Tong then?  I've applied HKPS & KM as well, & got an offer from So Chit! still donno how to choose if other KG hv offers, though Sorb has already given me many valuable comment!!  
作者: JWKC    時間: 10-1-8 09:03

Hi Pingu_k,

I have only applied for the PN class of Cannan at Kowloon Tong which have already got an offer.  I have not applied for KM and HKPS since I want to put a greater portion of time for my daughter using Chinese in her study at the PN and Kindgarten stages.  Just in my opinion, learning English is more easilier than Chinese.  Also, Chinese (especially Mandarin) will be more and more important in the coming future.

Furthermore, I know that KM requires the parents to put a great efforts on the homework of the children.  In fact, I don't buy this approach.  No doubt that I need to put a great efforts on my daughter but not only for the homework.  It should be her all-round development, like her attitude, and a solid communication between my daughter and me and my husband.  I need to spend time on this at her early stage first.  I think that if she can develop a right attitude, it should not be difficult for her to cope with her workload in her future study at primary, secondary and university. (Ha Ha, just my thoughts).

For So Chit, I know that it focus on discipline and also request the students to sit quitely when studying at the class (I think this could develop the child's concentration, which is an important element for future study).  Further, the langauage skill for So Chit is very strong.  Actually, I would like to my daughter to get these things from the PN.  So, I may likely to choose So Chit eventually.

Of course, I may consider other kindergartens at Kowloon side for my daughter next year, like Mansung, Pui Ching, etc. etc.
作者: pingu_k    時間: 10-1-12 01:14

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-8 09:03 發表
Hi Pingu_k,

I have only applied for the PN class of Cannan at Kowloon Tong which have already got an offer.  I have not applied for KM and HKPS since I want to put a greater portion of time for my da ...

yes, what u've mentioned abt the learning attitude is really a very important element for kid's future study.......

btw, just got HKPS's result, my boy is only on waiting list, haha..........so 煩少一間!
作者: JWKC    時間: 10-1-13 12:55

Hi Sorb,

Do you know apart from Ms She, is there any 褓姆車 operated by the other companies travelling from So Chit to Kowloon (like Kowloon City, Diamond Hill)?

Many thanks.
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-13 14:55

Sorry, no idea.  I have heard of Ms She only.  

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-13 12:55 發表
Hi Sorb,

Do you know apart from Ms She, is there any 褓姆車 operated by the other companies travelling from So Chit to Kowloon (like Kowloon City, Diamond Hill)?

Many thanks.

作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-14 16:42

For the school bus, not sure if you tried to ask via this thread.

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=242935&extra=page%3D1&page=1

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-13 14:55 發表
Sorry, no idea.  I have heard of Ms She only.  

作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-14 16:44

Oh, note you have asked question in this thread already.  Hope you can find the nanny bus for your kid to go to school soon.

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-14 16:42 發表
For the school bus, not sure if you tried to ask via this thread.

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=242935&extra=page%3D1&page=1

作者: pingu_k    時間: 10-1-16 13:21

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-5 17:08 發表
There is no classroom run-down from the school to the parents.  A generic run-down was posted in the classroom. So, I don't think any PM class parents can give you a run-down.  In general, each day (3 ...

Hi Sorb,
想請問清楚,咁PN係咪即係每日0.5小時英文堂,其他時間都係普通話?呢隻班係咪多數香港小朋友讀?少外籍小朋友?蘇浙係咪另有國際班?外國小朋友都係讀國際班多?tks!
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-18 12:52

PN係咪即係每日0.5小時英文堂,其他時間都係普通話?  100% correct.  Starting from KG, the English time will be increased to 45 minutes.

呢隻班係咪多數香港小朋友讀?  YES, IF YOU WANT YOUR KID TO STUDY IN THE LOCAL STREAM OF PRIMARY SCHOOL. 少外籍小朋友?  I DON'T KNOW IF YOU WILL SAY IT IS 少.  GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE, IN MY KID'S LAST YEAR'S PN CLASS, I THINK AROUND 8-10 STUDENTS ARE 外籍小朋友(I.E. WESTERNERS, JAPANESE, KOREAN, MIXED KID) COMPARED TO THE TOTAL CLASS OF  APPROXIMATELY 34 STUDENTS.

蘇浙係咪另有國際班? YES 外國小朋友都係讀國際班多 I THINK SO, BUT SOME WILL STILL STAY IN LOCAL STREAM AS THEIR PARENTS EMPHASIS MORE ON MANDARINE.  

BUT FOR KCS, PN CLASS NO 國際班.  國際班 STARTS FROM KG.

原帖由 pingu_k 於 10-1-16 13:21 發表

Hi Sorb,
想請問清楚,咁PN係咪即係每日0.5小時英文堂,其他時間都係普通話?呢隻班係咪多數香港小朋友讀?少外籍小朋友?蘇浙係咪另有國際班?外國小朋友都係讀國際班多?tks! ...

作者: kwai_nam    時間: 10-1-18 23:37

Hi Sorb,

Do you know which primary schools do the students of KCS go to? Do most stick with So Chit? My son was born in November, so he's a 細仔.  Do you know if they prefer "big boy" instead of "small boy"? I'm very interested in KCS, as I also think learning Chinese and having a good solid foundation is important.  Any tips you could give me as to how to get into KCS? Interview tips? Many thanks!
作者: pingu_k    時間: 10-1-19 01:59

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-18 12:52 發表
PN係咪即係每日0.5小時英文堂,其他時間都係普通話?  100% correct.  Starting from KG, the English time will be increased to 45 minutes.

呢隻班係咪多數香港小朋友讀?  YES, IF YOU WANT YOUR KID TO STUDY IN  ...

tks!!原來上K1先有int'l class?咁可以到時再諗!我仲以為自己睇漏左,無諗清楚應該選邊隻班最好添,嚇c!!
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-19 10:06

I can only answer a few of your questions:

Do you know which primary schools do the students of KCS go to? NO CONCRETE IDEA AS NO OFFICIAL FIGURES ANNOUNCED BY KCS.

Do most stick with So Chit? THE ANSWER IS NO. THE NUMBER OF K3 STUDNETS IS FAR MORE THAN THE KCS P1 PLACES.  JUST LIKE OTHER SCHOOLS, THEY WILL ALSO APPLY THOSE GOOD PRIVATE AND DSS SCHOOLS, SOME WILL ALSO PARTICIPATE IN THE P1 "LUCKY DRAW".

Do you know if they prefer "big boy" instead of "small boy"? I CAN QUOTE YOU A CASE - My friend who has a december born boy told me KCS PN did not accept her boy's application as a "small boy" last year and did not accept her application as a "big boy" this year.  So, her boy was forced to apply KCS KG as a "small boy" this year.  I don't know her result yet.

Any tips you could give me as to how to get into KCS? Interview tips? NO SPECIAL TIPS, BE RELAX AND JUST TREAT IT AS GOING TO THE PLAYGROUP.  REMEMBER TO SELECT PM CLASS IN ADDTION TO AM CLASS AS IT IS QUITE DIFFICULT TO GET AN AM CLASS IN KCS.  IF YOU REALLY GET AN PM OFFER, BUT INTERESTED IN AM CLASS MORE, SUBMIT THE LETTER TO WAIT FOR AM CLASS IMMEDIATELY AS IT IS SERVED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.

原帖由 kwai_nam 於 10-1-18 23:37 發表
Hi Sorb,

Do most stick with So Chit? My son was born in November, so he's a 細仔.  Do you know if they prefer "big boy" instead of "sma ...

作者: pingu_k    時間: 10-1-26 01:11

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-18 12:52 發表

呢隻班係咪多數香港小朋友讀?  YES, IF YOU WANT YOUR KID TO STUDY IN  ...

Sorb,
我想請問番上堂情況!你話N1一班成34人咁多呀??在同一課室大家一齊聽一個老師教書??咁d小朋友會吾會好難concentrate?(有點擔心) 另外,有幾多老師照顧呢34個小朋友呢?

其實N1上下晝分別有幾多班?tks a lot!!
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-26 10:13

The minimum ratio set by the HK government is 1 teacher to 15 KG students.  For So Chit (my girl's last year PN class), 3 teachers and 1 嬸嬸 taking care of a group around 34 students (not all class has 34 students, some have less depending on the size of the classroom).  During English session, with one more NET teacher tim.  Moreover, not all the students will go to school, I observe from the pictures, normally 28-30 students.  So, the teacher to student ratio is pretty good ga.....high above the min requirement.  

Concentration problem?  I cannot answer your question as I seldom have time to observe outside the classroom.  If you want, you can go and have some observation by yourself.  So Chit is quite an open KG, it allows parents to observe outside the window of the classroom door ga if you have time.  But so far, I have not heard of any parents complaining concentration issue.

Number of PN class? I only remember 3 morning PN classes for the time being. If you really need to information, I can check out for you later.

原帖由 pingu_k 於 10-1-26 01:11 發表

Sorb,
我想請問番上堂情況!你話N1一班成34人咁多呀??在同一課室大家一齊聽一個老師教書??咁d小朋友會吾會好難concentrate?(有點擔心) 另外,有幾多老師照顧呢34個小朋友呢?

其實N1上下晝分別有幾多班?tks a lot!! ...

作者: AhiruNoPekk    時間: 10-1-26 12:20

請問蘇淅nursery係咪已經註晒冊, 最後一天註冊日期係幾時?
我收唔到信, 可唔可以寫信去比學校問吓?
應該寫哪一個主任收?
Many Thanks

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-26 10:13 發表
The minimum ratio set by the HK government is 1 teacher to 15 KG students.  For So Chit (my girl's last year PN class), 3 teachers and 1 嬸嬸 taking care of a group around 34 students (not all class h ...

作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-26 12:54

You try 陳主任 lah.  But I think the most direct way is to call and ask.

原帖由 AhiruNoPekk 於 10-1-26 12:20 發表
我收唔到信, 可唔可以寫信去比學校問吓?
應該寫哪一個主任收?
Many Thanks

作者: pingu_k    時間: 10-1-28 01:10

原帖由 AhiruNoPekk 於 10-1-26 12:20 發表
我收唔到信, 可唔可以寫信去比學校問吓?
應該寫哪一個主任收?
Many Thanks

我係15/12收到信,17/12或之前已經要回覆哂讀吾讀,而今年5月會再有信通知註冊事宜!

好似係取錄先會出信架!你直接打電話去問啦!
作者: pingu_k    時間: 10-1-28 01:16

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-26 10:13 發表
The minimum ratio set by the HK government is 1 teacher to 15 KG students.  For So Chit (my girl's last year PN class), 3 teachers and 1 嬸嬸 taking care of a group around 34 students (not all class h ...

tks a lot for your info!

"not all the students will go to school, I observe from the pictures, normally 28-30 students"--->> so interesting!  but why?  becoz the kids are always sick?
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-1-28 09:27

Some maybe sick, some maybe absent because of family matters, like going overseas with their parents.  It is pretty easy for the children to fall sick frequently after going to school.  Mine on average fell sick once every 1.5-2 months while in PN.  So, be prepared for this when your little one starts schooling.

原帖由 pingu_k 於 10-1-28 01:16 發表

tks a lot for your info!

"not all the students will go to school, I observe from the pictures, normally 28-30 students"--->> so interesting!  but why?  becoz the kids are always sick?

作者: AhiruNoPekk    時間: 10-1-28 16:21

唔該晒,我都問咗啦,答案都係一樣, 唔知係咪因為個小朋友係8月出世, 佢interview 的時侯, 都只係一個bb, 行都未識行, 所以唔收呢?
原帖由 pingu_k 於 10-1-28 01:10 發表

我係15/12收到信,17/12或之前已經要回覆哂讀吾讀,而今年5月會再有信通知註冊事宜!

好似係取錄先會出信架!你直接打電話去問啦!

[ 本帖最後由 AhiruNoPekk 於 10-1-28 16:22 編輯 ]
作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-2-18 15:00

Sorb,

Thanks for your sharing, very informative.  My son is being accepted by both So Chit Nursury (PM Class) and Lingnan (AM Class) for 2010 school term.  I'm struggling to put him in which school.  Heard that Lingnan have higher chance to got offer from famous primary school.  However, their campus is very inconvenient and very far away from my home (I lived in Siu Sai Wan).   Do you have any comments on Lingnan Nursery/Kindergarten? So Chit is a bit closer but guess still take at least 30mins school bus.  So worries if my son travel by school bus/nanny bus alone, though he is almost Age 2 and 7 mths at that time.   FYI, I also applied KCS (K1 - Int'l Stream) for my son for 2011 school term, but I'm now on waiting list (over 100 applicants).  However, the Int'l Stream is very expenseive ($5,100 school fee per month).   Do you think is it worth to study in KCS Int'l class?  BTW, heard that KCS Primary is not free-of-charge.  Am I correct?
作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-2-18 15:01

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-28 09:27 發表
Some maybe sick, some maybe absent because of family matters, like going overseas with their parents.  It is pretty easy for the children to fall sick frequently after going to school.  Mine on averag ...

Sorb,

Thanks for your sharing, very informative.  My son is being accepted by both So Chit Nursury (PM Class) and Lingnan (AM Class) for 2010 school term.  I'm struggling to put him in which school.  Heard that Lingnan have higher chance to got offer from famous primary school.  However, their campus is very inconvenient and very far away from my home (I lived in Siu Sai Wan).   Do you have any comments on Lingnan Nursery/Kindergarten? So Chit is a bit closer but guess still take at least 30mins school bus.  So worries if my son travel by school bus/nanny bus alone, though he is almost Age 2 and 7 mths at that time.   FYI, I also applied KCS (K1 - Int'l Stream) for my son for 2011 school term, but I'm now on waiting list (over 100 applicants).  However, the Int'l Stream is very expenseive ($5,100 school fee per month).   Do you think is it worth to study in KCS Int'l class?  BTW, heard that KCS Primary is not free-of-charge.  Am I correct?
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-2-19 10:05

One of my friends has asked me this question before, I personal think So Chit is a better choice than Lingnan.  I don't have a full picture on where the KCS K3 students have gone, but the offers of those KCS K3 students (I know a few only) that I have known is pretty good woh, one of them has an offer from St Paul Co-ed.

Your question re KCS Int'l:  (1) If you choose KCS Int'l only, it may be difficult for your kid to shift back to local primary school.  So, choose it unless you have determined an int'l path for your child.  (2)  If you let your child go to both streams at the same time, your child will be deprived of his/her precious afternoon sleep and a more proper lunch at home.  Are you OK with this?  If yes, this is a flexible and good choice.

Your last question, yes, KCS primary is not free, the school fee is $30,000 per year.

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-2-18 15:01 發表

Sorb,

Thanks for your sharing, very informative.  My son is being accepted by both So Chit Nursury (PM Class) and Lingnan (AM Class) for 2010 school term.  I'm struggling to put him in which schoo ...

作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-2-19 17:12

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-2-19 10:05 發表
One of my friends has asked me this question before, I personal think So Chit is a better choice than Lingnan.  I don't have a full picture on where the KCS K3 students have gone, but the offers of th ...

Sorb – thanks for your advice.
I don’t think I can afford to put my son in both Int’l & Local section (in terms of money & timing).

In that case, guess I better put him in local stream.
BTW, I’ve another concern for KCS.
Some people said there are many mainland Chinese kids studying in KCS Local section (e.g. many
福建人 lived in North Point / 暴發戶), as such I’m a bit worries about of their behaviour.
Any comments on this?

作者: Sorb    時間: 10-2-19 18:08

Haha, interesting comments I have ever heard. I never had this concern.  All the students I have met in KCS are pretty smart with good manner. I can tell most parents have spent lots of time to nurture their child.   

In my girl's last year PN classs, the ratio of foreigners (westerners / mixed/ Japanese/ Korean ) are more than those kids with what you have quoted as "暴發戶".   I will describe KCS PN (local stream) as a 小型聯合國, it will be a good experience for your kid.  

Frankly speaking, KCS has screamed the quality of the students for us among so many applicants, so, don't think too much. Instead, you should be proud of your child having an offer from it.  

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-2-19 17:12 發表

Sorb – thanks for your advice.
I don’t think I can afford to put my son in both Int’l & Local section (in terms of money & timing).

In that case, guess I better put him in local stream.
BTW, I ...

作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-2-23 11:16

Sorb – thanks for your sharing again.  I’m so hectic again.  I met a friend during CNY (she is a private tutor for kids many years) and try to seek her advice in between Lingnan and KCS PN.  She picked Lingnan without any doubt (sure have happy school life for kindergarten/ primary and some good primary like to pick student from Lingnan, etc.).  Lingnan is a through-train school from PN/KG/Primary (though their secondary school is not good).  On the other hand, I do like the mix culture environment/language exposure of KCS.  Umm … so difficult to make the final decision!!
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-2-23 11:31

Different people will have different opinions.  But some how, not too many people will have childrem who have tried both schools so that they can give you comments from both sides. Likewise, I cannot give you comment about Lingnam.  Even yes, only hearsay. My friend who is a private tuitor also said those famous KGs in Kln are not good lah as she has encountered "not good" students from there.  

Frankly speaking, I do not like KCS before my girl studied there as I also have prejudice like other people before experiencing.  But now, I like it very much.  I can say (based on my girl's example, other people may not experience the same), KCS is also a happy KG for my girl but at the same time, she can learn another new language (free of charge) at the same time in addition to happy learning experience like Lingnam.  

Hope you will make the best choice for your kid!

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-2-23 11:16 發表
Sorb – thanks for your sharing again.  I’m so hectic again.  I met a friend during CNY (she is a private tutor for kids many years) and try to seek her advice in between Lingnan and KCS PN.  She pic ...

作者: Sorb    時間: 10-2-23 12:14

As both schools are quite good though based on what you have heard, each has its pros and cons, if I were you, I would start to think what is the own kid.  

To me, timing of the school is the most critical.  I will only choose AM class for my kid as I don't want to sacrifice her precious afternoon sleep when she is small. So, you weight your own factors lah......timing, location, academic, language, money, etc.

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-2-23 11:31 發表
Different people will have different opinions.  But some how, not too many people will have childrem who have tried both schools so that they can give you comments from both sides. Likewise, I cannot  ...

作者: Sorb    時間: 10-2-23 12:17

Sorry, so words are missing in the last post.  So, re-post here:

As both schools are quite good though based on what you have heard, each has its pros and cons, if I were you, I would start to think what is the most important factors that I think is most important for choosing a PN/KG for my own kid.  

To me, timing of the school is the most critical.  I will only choose AM class for my kid as I don't want to sacrifice her precious afternoon sleep when she is small. So, you weight your own factors lah......timing, location, academic, language, money, etc.

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-2-23 12:14 發表
As both schools are quite good though based on what you have heard, each has its pros and cons, if I were you, I would start to think what is the own kid.  

To me, timing of the school is the most cr ...

作者: moonisland    時間: 10-2-24 13:09

Sorb

totall agreed with you.  In addition to reputation and so called K1 or P1 allocation result is important when selecting a school for our kids.  Some other factors should count as well.

When mom has difficulties when choosing the school, as there must be good and bad comments regarding the same school and probably different ppl will give u different opinion, moms can consider other factors, like timing, location!

Good luck moms!
作者: pingu_k    時間: 10-2-26 00:35

Hi sh_yip,

"I also applied KCS (K1 - Int'l Stream) for my son for 2011 school term, but I'm now on waiting list"
--> 見你咁講,好驚添.....想請問一下,你係指蘇浙既2011年(即明年) K1 已經報了名,仲已經出了result??
作者: pingu_k    時間: 10-2-26 00:49

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-2-19 18:08 發表
Haha, interesting comments I have ever heard. I never had this concern.  All the students I have met in KCS are pretty smart with good manner. I can tell most parents have spent lots of time to nurtur ...

"Frankly speaking, KCS has screamed the quality of the students for us among so many applicants, so, don't think too much. Instead, you should be proud of your child having an offer from it"

-->>哈,的確,吾只一個人知道蘇浙收左我仔仔後,即刻就話:"嘩,咁好呀?蘇浙好難入架喎!"其實我自己之前對蘇浙無乜認識,所以聽到佢地咁講,我先知原來呢間學校真係好似口碑幾好!!Sorb,你既意見亦加強左我對呢間學校既信心(雖然我而家仲未完全confirm去蘇浙)!  : )
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-2-26 09:33

I learnt from parents who have children studying in KCS Int'l, places there are allocated on a first come first served basis.  If you are interested in 2011 K1, you better submit the application now so that you are in the front of the queue.

Mums, don't put too much pressure on yourself, who will care which KG your kids have gone to when they go out to work. Don't exagerate it too far.

原帖由 pingu_k 於 10-2-26 00:35 發表
Hi sh_yip,

"I also applied KCS (K1 - Int'l Stream) for my son for 2011 school term, but I'm now on waiting list"
--> 見你咁講,好驚添.....想請問一下,你係指蘇浙既2011年(即明年) K1 已經報了名,仲已經出 ...

作者: mandy_ma    時間: 10-2-27 01:35

hi sorb.....thank you for your sharing so much!
Is the enrollment for 2011 K1 class starting now???  I think it should be from this sept....am i right??? I don't want to miss the timing

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-2-26 09:33 發表
I learnt from parents who have children studying in KCS Int'l, places there are allocated on a first come first served basis.  If you are interested in 2011 K1, you better submit the application now s ...

作者: pingu_k    時間: 10-2-27 02:17

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-2-26 09:33 發表
I learnt from parents who have children studying in KCS Int'l, places there are allocated on a first come first served basis.  If you are interested in 2011 K1, you better submit the application now s ...

tks Sorb!!要咁快排/申請??請問係咪int'l stream先係咁?如果local stream,係咪都係今年9月左右先報架?

另,如果蘇浙N1學生,都要好似"街外人"咁一早排定隊,一樣咁申請?

我只係怕因為我自己既大意,而令自己既小朋友錯失好既機會,咁我會內疚ma!!佢自己考吾到又另一回事.....
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-3-1 09:26

You are rignt, 2011 K1' local stream application will begin this September.  You watch out for the deadline lah.

KCS KG Int'l stream on a first come first served basic.  No interview is required, not sure it will change in the future.

Quesstion: 如果蘇浙N1學生,都要好似"街外人"咁一早排定隊,一樣咁申請?  - Answer is "YES"

原帖由 pingu_k 於 10-2-27 02:17 發表

tks Sorb!!要咁快排/申請??請問係咪int'l stream先係咁?如果local stream,係咪都係今年9月左右先報架?

另,如果蘇浙N1學生,都要好似"街外人"咁一早排定隊,一樣咁申請?

我只係怕因為我自己既大意,而令自己既小朋友 ...

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5