教育王國

標題: 有無小朋友返緊維多利亞PG? [打印本頁]

作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-3-30 14:09     標題: 有無小朋友返緊維多利亞PG?

由五個月大等到依家兩歲終於有位喇, 想問下返緊或返過嘅小朋友, 媽咪有咩心得?
作者: brrbaby2007    時間: 10-3-30 14:18

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-3-30 14:09 發表

超過2歲好似唔讀得了
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-3-30 14:33     標題: 回覆 1# brrbaby2007 的文章

康怡個間話係一個新開俾2-3歲嘅斑咼 ~
作者: twinsmummy    時間: 10-3-30 14:45

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-3-30 14:09 發表

Hi Twinboys08, long time no chat.  My girls go to PG in HH campus since Sept 09.  They love it there.  They talk about their teachers and sing their songs all the time.  We only applied Jan09 so we were very lucky we didn't have to wait for very long.
作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-3-30 14:45

Hi twinboys08,
my daughter had been waiting over 1 year and she finally got an offer in Vic gp (Mid Kornhill branch), will start in April.
how about you?
作者: Jupiter    時間: 10-3-30 14:52

Hi Linda, my girl is attending mid kornhill pg on every tue and thurs 10:30am, what will be your girl's time slot????

原帖由 yaulinda 於 10-3-30 14:45 發表
Hi twinboys08,
my daughter had been waiting over 1 year and she finally got an offer in Vic gp (Mid Kornhill branch), will start in April.
how about you?

作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-3-30 15:43

hi hi jupiter,
my girl goes Mon Wed Fri 10:30 class,
so pity our girls cannot go playgroup together!
btw, did your girl attended Vic PN interview already? or your girl will attend on 8/5?
linda
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-3-30 15:54

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-3-30 14:45 發表

Hi Twinboys08, long time no chat.  My girls go to PG in HH campus since Sept 09.  They love it there.  They talk about their teachers and sing their songs all the time.  We only applied Jan09 so we ...

Hello twinsmummy, yes, long time no chat ~ It's good that your girls love the pg. I hope my boys will like it, too ~
作者: twinsmummy    時間: 10-3-30 16:50

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-3-30 15:54 發表

Hello twinsmummy, yes, long time no chat ~ It's good that your girls love the pg. I hope my boys will like it, too ~

So you plan to put your boys in Victoria PG until they go to nursery school in Aug/ Sept?  

I haven't received letter from Victoria about PN interview result so very anxious.  Regardless, we'll probably keep them there until June.  :)
作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-3-30 17:32

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-3-30 14:33 發表
康怡個間話係一個新開俾2-3歲嘅斑咼 ~

Hi Twinboys08,

Haha … nice to chat with you.
We are on the same boat again.
My son (26mths) will attend the Age 2-3 Playgroup in Victoria (Upper Kornhill) on 1st Apr (Tue & Thur, 10.30am – 12.30pm).
I will take AM off and attend the class with him this Thur.
Which session your boys will attend?
Hope to see you there.

作者: 茄媽    時間: 10-3-30 18:02

hmt 一三五am(pn)細仔班 五月才intrrview
       二四am(pn) 大仔班

因為今年n1位不多 ,但全班可直升k1返五日學
作者: 薯仔1607    時間: 10-3-30 22:35

Hi twinboys08,
how about you?

hi yaulinda,

我小朋友也是四月返上康,但聽聞中康沒有PG,還有你是英語及國語還是英、中謝謝。
作者: 熊貓BB    時間: 10-3-30 22:41

My daughter has been attending playgroup at Middle Kornhill since May 2009 (14 months).  As far as I know, PG in upper kornhill is new class.  When I applied and attended with my daughter, middle Kornhill is the only choice.  However, you are talking about playgroup for 2-3 yrs old?  Why don't you attend their PN then?
作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-3-30 22:57     標題: 回覆 12# 薯仔1607 的文章

hi, 薯仔1607,

mid kornhill playgroup had been opening long time ago,
my elder daughter went to the mid kornhill playgroup in year 2007,
it offered only Can/Eng by that time.

now is my younger daughter's time
going mid kornhill playgroup,
same as elder sis, the playgroup is in Can/Eng
作者: banchuwong    時間: 10-3-30 23:35

I heard from the teacher from HMT saying that toddlers who attend Playgroup will not have a better chance to admit to school. No correlation. Any parents or experienced parents can share on this?
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-3-31 11:53

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-3-30 17:32 發表

Hi Twinboys08,

Haha … nice to chat with you.
We are on the same boat again.
My son (26mths) will attend the Age 2-3 Playgroup in Victoria (Upper Kornhill) on 1st Apr (Tue & Thur, 10.30am – 12. ...

Hey sh_yip, yes, we're on the same boat again and we'll finally meet tomorrow !!! My boys will be attending the same as yours, every Tue 1030am to 1230pm !!! I've applied a day off to attend the class tomorrow. Let's meet and chat !!
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-3-31 11:55

Hi twinboys08,
how about you?

Hello yaulinda, was trying to reply you yesterday but BK got some problem. Anyway, my boys will attend the new class at upper Kornhill every Tue and Thurs, 1030 to 1230, starting tomorrow ~ Such a last minute notice !
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-3-31 11:58

原帖由 熊貓BB 於 10-3-30 22:41 發表
My daughter has been attending playgroup at Middle Kornhill since May 2009 (14 months).  As far as I know, PG in upper kornhill is new class.  When I applied and attended with my daughter, middle Korn ...

熊貓BB, I didn't apply PN for my boys was because...I was a bit upset about they had no update to me on their playgroup waitlist status since I applied a year and half ago. Now my boys got admitted to Lingnan, will try to apply their K1 next year then ~
作者: Jupiter    時間: 10-3-31 12:10

My daughter started attending upper kornhill pg since Mar 2010.  Our group occupied the whole campus in March (no other group there).  They said they will open new pg for age 2-3.  

No wonder why they arrange a Victoria Park outing for us tomorrow (Thurs), because they want to let the new group (2-3 years old) explore around the whole campus!

Upper kornhill campus is newly renovated but the location is really not quite convenient.  Linda, you are so lucky to have place in mid kornhill cause it is more convenient ar!
作者: kitmantsoi    時間: 10-3-31 12:24

My son attend HMT pg, I am glad to hear that if attend pg will not get any adv. for admit to school, that mean he deserved for the offer.
Honestly compare to KM interview, I think he performed much better, but he didnt got any offer. But he was acceptted by Vic. and also 3 of his classmate in PG also got offer.
I dunno will it be any adv. for pg student.
Anyway, I think Vic pg is very good for the little one cos he really learns a lot and enjoy the class.

原帖由 banchuwong 於 10-3-30 23:35 發表
I heard from the teacher from HMT saying that toddlers who attend Playgroup will not have a better chance to admit to school. No correlation. Any parents or experienced parents can share on this?

[ 本帖最後由 kitmantsoi 於 10-3-31 13:35 編輯 ]
作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-3-31 13:53

Wow,

my daughter cannot go Vic gp with jupiter's girl and twinboys' boys.
作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-3-31 14:04

Dear Jupiter,
actually my first choice is Harbour Heights branch, no need to take MTR ma!
but i also agree that mid Korn is already better than upper Korn.
of course if there's pg in low Korn would be perfect la
作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-4-3 19:49

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-3-31 11:53 發表

Hey sh_yip, yes, we're on the same boat again and we'll finally meet tomorrow !!! My boys will be attending the same as yours, every Tue 1030am to 1230pm !!! I've applied a day off to attend the cla ...

Hi Twinboys08,
Nice to see you on Thur.  Guess we have the same conclusion for the 1st day of Victoria Playgroup is too many free play time, the new NET is not well-prepared.  Hope they will work hard to improve that situation.  My son was sick (got fever suddenly) yesterday.  Just wonder their campus is clean enough or not?  How's your twin?  Are they OK?
作者: 薯仔1607    時間: 10-4-3 22:58

我小朋友在上康上PG,1-4-10第一天上課,兩小時只是在遊戲室玩,沒有唱歌及說故事,有些擔心日後也是這樣,還是第一天適應期,在上康上課的媽咪,你們也是這樣嗎?
作者: kitmantsoi    時間: 10-4-7 14:32

My friend's girl study in Vic pg at HK side and my son study in Vic pg at HMT. We found that the course run down are very similar, even tidy up song, tea time song, instruction are the same.
usually 15mins warm up (free play), 30mins cantonese/ PTH singing or story time. 5mins free play, 15mins tea time, 30 mins english singing or story,
15mins art and craft,  10mins playing in playground.
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-4-7 15:00

原帖由 薯仔1607 於 10-4-3 22:58 發表
我小朋友在上康上PG,1-4-10第一天上課,兩小時只是在遊戲室玩,沒有唱歌及說故事,有些擔心日後也是這樣,還是第一天適應期,在上康上課的媽咪,你們也是這樣嗎? ...

薯仔1607, 我都係1-4 第一堂咼, 你係邊個小朋友媽咪啊??? 我都覺得好無聊, 明明係廣東話堂但個先生又夾D英文咁, 兩小時齎玩, 英文先生又第一日上堂, 自己都唔知做咩咁....呢個感覺仲差過返多多 ~
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-4-7 15:58

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-4-3 19:49 發表

Hi Twinboys08,
Nice to see you on Thur.  Guess we have the same conclusion for the 1st day of Victoria Playgroup is too many free play time, the new NET is not well-prepared.  Hope they will work ha ...

sh_yip, BK has some problem lately as I'd replied you but somehow my post is still missing...anyway...how's your boy? Mine got sick also starting on Sunday, high fever and running nose. Still haven't recovered yet.... guess you and I have do have the same feeling that the first day of the playgroup wasn't that impressive. I hope it'll get better later...otherwise, it'd be a waste of time and money again ~
作者: twinsmummy    時間: 10-4-8 08:08

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-4-7 15:58 發表

sh_yip, BK has some problem lately as I'd replied you but somehow my post is still missing...anyway...how's your boy? Mine got sick also starting on Sunday, high fever and running nose. Still haven' ...

Hi Twinboys08, hope the twins will recover quickly.  Good luck with the PG.  Hopefully, they'll get more organized soon.
作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-4-9 18:27

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-4-7 15:58 發表

sh_yip, BK has some problem lately as I'd replied you but somehow my post is still missing...anyway...how's your boy? Mine got sick also starting on Sunday, high fever and running nose. Still haven' ...

Hope your twins are feeling better now.  My son still have a little bit running nose & coughing.  

My maid will attend Victoria PG with my son next week onwards, let's keep in touch and sharing our views.
作者: 薯仔1607    時間: 10-4-12 22:39     標題: 回覆 4# Twinboys08 的文章

我是梓諾媽咪,你呢?唉我仔仔又係在多多上PG,真的比多多差。
作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-4-13 08:48

My girl also study in PG of both TT and Vic (Mid Korn),

luckily that I found the quality of Vic was very satisfactory, sounds much better than Upper Korn one.
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-4-13 11:18

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-4-9 18:27 發表

Hope your twins are feeling better now.  My son still have a little bit running nose & coughing.  

My maid will attend Victoria PG with my son next week onwards, let's keep in touch and sharing our ...

sh_yip, my boys still cough so will skip one class today, as don't want to infect other children ! Hope your son will recover soon !
作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-4-13 16:10

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-4-13 11:18 發表

sh_yip, my boys still cough so will skip one class today, as don't want to infect other children ! Hope your son will recover soon !

Twinsboy08 – sorry to hear that your boys still coughing.
Hope they get well soon.

I will gather more info from my maid this evening about the PG today.
Hope they’ve improvement on the overall arrangement.
Will keep you posted.

作者: 薯仔1607    時間: 10-4-13 22:09

唉,今天第二堂上課,估不到vic比多多差,連工人姐姐都覺得小朋友不開心!
作者: wendychiu301    時間: 10-4-13 23:58

原帖由 薯仔1607 於 10-4-13 22:09 發表

可否講多d點差法
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-4-14 11:54

原帖由 薯仔1607 於 10-4-13 22:09 發表

薯仔1607, 都係咁hea啊??? 你都覺得多多唔好啊??? 唉...我都係咁話...我梯下聽日點, 再係咁我退學喇...無胃徙錢同時間. 話時話我覺得距地個英文老師真係唔多得....
作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-4-14 12:05

依我在維記所體驗,
維記一般本地老師的水平真是比NET老師好,
維記本地老師很明顯年輕,有愛心,有活力,有教育幼兒的知識和熱誠, 對小朋友有心機,有笑容,
相反, 維記一般NET老師的水平差異較大,
一般稍欠朝氣精彩, 有些交行貨, 挨到夠鍾就收工的感覺, 而且好們都唔會同本地老師一齊friend的,連吃飯也分本地幫和外番幫架.
作者: brrbaby2007    時間: 10-4-14 12:18

原帖由 yaulinda 於 10-4-14 12:05 發表
依我在維記所體驗,
維記一般本地老師的水平真是比NET老師好,
維記本地老師很明顯年輕,有愛心,有活力,有教育幼兒的知識和熱誠, 對小朋友有心機,有笑容,
相反, 維記一般NET老師的水平差異較大,
一般稍欠朝氣精彩, 有些 ...

唔奇,聽聞只上一天Sat Class果d幾差吓,我朋友上HH都係o甘
作者: wootaitai    時間: 10-4-14 12:23

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: brrbaby2007    時間: 10-4-14 12:34

原帖由 wootaitai 於 10-4-14 12:23 發表
agree...

my daughter studied from pn to K3. 2 out of 4 egnglish teachers are good and they are asians actually (but raised overseas). they have heart. The gwei pors are no good

THe local teachers ar ...

請問係咪上HMT呀,我寶貝在HMT上PG老師超好,女女上得開心又學到嘢
作者: wootaitai    時間: 10-4-14 15:09

作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-4-14 16:27

原帖由 薯仔1607 於 10-4-12 22:39 發表
我是梓諾媽咪,你呢?唉我仔仔又係在多多上PG,真的比多多差。

Hi 薯仔1607 – 你個小朋友都係上康維記上逢星期二、四的2-3Playgroup?
我第1堂就請假倍個仔仔上,第2(昨天)開始就工人帶。 第1堂的感覺已經覺得唔好(太多自己玩的時間),第一個鐘的中文班都免強可接受,第二個鐘的英文班實在太差,個NET唔主動,無準備,講故事照讀,唔生動,連snack time song都唔識唱,比多多(Tutor Time – 紅山半島)差得勁!
以為第2堂會安排好d, 但工人話差唔多,個NET只係用咗少少時間去做Story Time & Song Time, 餘下時間仍然係自己玩,激死! 明天(15)仲要比下個月的學費($2,069),真係覺得浪費金錢、時間!!
退學要一個月前通知,真係要係今個月尾前諗清楚仲報唔報(6)!!
如果明天的安排仍無改善,我會打電話比上康維記個校長投訴!

你個仔仔係邊間多多上playgroup?
我以前係紅山半島個間,感覺幾好(除咗學費太貴外),但紅山多多無playgroup2歲小朋友,要轉讀Nursery(自己上堂),所以係0912月退學。 2月份收到紅山多多的信,話會開新playgroup(比2-3歲小朋友), 但到現在4月仲未夠人開班(仍欠1個),如果多多有新班,我一定唔會報維記囉!! 

作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-4-14 17:07

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-4-14 16:27 發表

Hi 薯仔1607 – 你個小朋友都係上康維記上逢星期二、四的2-3歲Playgroup?
我第1堂就請假倍個仔仔上,第2堂(昨天)開始就工人帶。 第1堂的感覺已經覺得唔好(太多自己玩的時間),第一個鐘的中文班都免強可接受,第二個鐘的 ...

sh_yip, 事實上我對上康PG個校長印象都唔多好, 上次話個NET係第一日返學, 但無可能咩準備都無囉, 仲要攞住張貓紙對住讀, 若之後都係咁我真係會退學喇, 簡單徙時間徙心機, 咁遠帶兩個仔去俾咁嘅學費倒頭來咩都學唔到 ! 事實上小朋友邊須要兩堂時間去適應個地方啊?? 講真...好失望 !
作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-4-15 13:32

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-4-14 17:07 發表

sh_yip, 事實上我對上康PG個校長印象都唔多好, 上次話個NET係第一日返學, 但無可能咩準備都無囉, 仲要攞住張貓紙對住讀, 若之後都係咁我真係會退學喇, 簡單徙時間徙心機, 咁遠帶兩個仔去俾咁嘅學費倒頭來咩都學唔 ...

Twinboys08 - agreed.  Frankly, I found that The Principle (Upper Kornhill) is not well-prepared too.  She forgot the name of the new NET during her introduction to us on 1st Apr.  

My maid just told me that got a memo from Victoria after school today.  They will change 2 new teachers (for Chi & Eng) to lead our PG next week.  Hope the new teachers are much better than the current one.  

BTW, how's you boys?  Are they fully recover?   

Have you confirmed to put your twins in Lingnan PN(AM) ?  Did you apply Victoria PN?
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-4-15 13:42

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-4-15 13:32 發表

Twinboys08 - agreed.  Frankly, I found that The Principle (Upper Kornhill) is not well-prepared too.  She forgot the name of the new NET during her introduction to us on 1st Apr.  

My maid just tol ...

Hey sh_yip, my boys are getting better and they did go to PG this morning. Not sure how'd it go though...will find out from my helper and my 99 later.

Oh wow, changing teachers already after two sessions ~~ I have reservation for the Cantonese one also as she sometimes used English and sometimes Cantonese during the session, not too professional. I hope next two new ones would be better. Being such a well known school, they should well aware that parents would have high expectation on them !

Yes, already decided to let the boys try out LN for PN. Didn't apply Vic PN, may give K1 a try later though. You, still struggling between KCS and LN, right?
作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-4-15 16:11

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-4-15 13:42 發表

Hey sh_yip, my boys are getting better and they did go to PG this morning. Not sure how'd it go though...will find out from my helper and my 99 later.

Oh wow, changing teachers already after two s ...

Pls do find out more from you helper and 99 later.
Anyway, we can’t quit till end of May (1 mth in advance notice for withdrawal).

Most likely will pick LN (though very far away from my home) as KCS not guarantee for K1.

Guess I need to make final decision soon as most kinder will arrange 2nd registration during Apr – May.
Good luck to me!

作者: yatyatbb    時間: 10-4-16 01:43

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-4-14 17:07 發表

sh_yip, 事實上我對上康PG個校長印象都唔多好, 上次話個NET係第一日返學, 但無可能咩準備都無囉, 仲要攞住張貓紙對住讀, 若之後都係咁我真係會退學喇, 簡單徙時間徙心機, 咁遠帶兩個仔去俾咁嘅學費倒頭來咩都學唔 ...

我想問問, 你哋2-3歲班嗰兩個老師叫咩名, 因為我哋1-2歲班今日收到memo由下個week開始,我哋兩個老師會轉教2-3歲班,相信可能學校收到家長complaint,所以學校要做番d嘢.
作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-4-16 09:00     標題: 回覆 47# yatyatbb 的文章

hi yatyatbb,
my daughter also attends 1-2 year PG,
my daughter's teachers' names are Miss Jean and Miss Nikki, how about yours?
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-4-16 10:08

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-4-15 16:11 發表

Pls do find out more from you helper and 99 later.
Anyway, we can’t quit till end of May (1 mth in advance notice for withdrawal).

Most likely will pick LN (though very far away from my home) as ...

sh_yip, my helper said the class was terrible. 5 minutes singing then free time playing. Also the English teacher was asking one of my boys question, she walked away already when my boy was replying her...this NET really has no heart to the children !!! I'll quit this school anyway as kind of mad that sending us reminder to pay for the next month school fee already while nothing has been taught for three sessions !!

I called the school yesterday asking what curriculum they actually have in plan for this playgroup, the woman said the 1st 3 classes (thought they said 1st two only), were to let the children get use to the enviornment....I mean....do the children really need 3 days, total 6 hours to get used to the place???

Anyway....glad to know that you'll take LN, so our boys could be school mate together !! Morning class, right?
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-4-16 11:32

原帖由 yatyatbb 於 10-4-16 01:43 發表

我想問問, 你哋2-3歲班嗰兩個老師叫咩名, 因為我哋1-2歲班今日收到memo由下個week開始,我哋兩個老師會轉教2-3歲班,相信可能學校收到家長complaint,所以學校要做番d嘢. ...

yatyatbb, 我地個廣東話先生叫Ms Wai, NET個個唔記得全名, 但系P字頭...我相信係對調喇, 我地都收到信話會同1-2歲斑調先生...
作者: Jupiter    時間: 10-4-16 13:39

我地1-2歲班個英文老師就幾好, 個中文老師就....唔掂!  我地收到通知要調老師, 有d唔滿意囉, 我阿囡上左個幾月, 而家上堂就識叫Ms. Annette (英文老師), 剛剛熟又話調!

其實我地1-2歲班都free play左成個月, 真係想退學!  4月中啦, 唱歌仔上堂activity時間加埋都只係30分鐘左右, 其他時間free play加snack time, 想點呀????  我阿囡連兩個老師個名都叫得出, 仲要適應d咩??????
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-4-16 14:12

原帖由 Jupiter 於 10-4-16 13:39 發表
我地1-2歲班個英文老師就幾好, 個中文老師就....唔掂!  我地收到通知要調老師, 有d唔滿意囉, 我阿囡上左個幾月, 而家上堂就識叫Ms. Annette (英文老師), 剛剛熟又話調!

其實我地1-2歲班都free play左成個月, 真係想 ...

係啦, 仲諗住呢間個名咁響, 點知原來係咁...小朋友適應能力好高的, 使唔使適應成個月, 擺明揾笨的 !!!
作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-4-16 14:18

Dear Jupiter and twinboys08,

I feel really surprised to learn the quality of the PG in Upper Korn Branch.

Vic is such a kinder with it's good tradition and background

twinboys08, unlike us, if you are not aiming at Vic Nursery, it's really no need to attend Vic PG!
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-4-16 14:25

原帖由 yaulinda 於 10-4-16 14:18 發表
Dear Jupiter and twinboys08,

I feel really surprised to learn the quality of the PG in Upper Korn Branch.

Vic is such a kinder with it's good tradition and background

twinboys08, unlike u ...

yaulinda, yes, I'm really disappointed with this branch, given the name of Vic Educational Organization, can't believe they're so unorganized and...sigh...don't know what to say. I was really mad when seeing those two envelopes asking us to pay the next month school fee. Unbelievable !!
作者: twinsmummy    時間: 10-4-16 14:29

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-4-16 14:25 發表

yaulinda, yes, I'm really disappointed with this branch, given the name of Vic Educational Organization, can't believe they're so unorganized and...sigh...don't know what to say. I was really mad wh ...

I understand how you feel Twinsboys08.  It does sound quite disappointing.  I felt a little like you before.  Very skeptical....and annoyed about the envelop arriving so quickly! However, after 1 or 2 months, I asked my girls if they like their teachers, they nodded.  By now (6 months later), they can sing songs in English and Cantonese which my helpers said are from the NET and Cantonese teachers.  They have lots of arts & crafts to bring home which they still play from time to time.  Anyways, not hardselling it as I'm sure other places like TT would be better but maybe it's really teacher or campus  related.  
作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-4-16 14:57     標題: 回覆 54# Twinboys08 的文章

Tell you, I received the envelope for paying school fee of next month just on the 1st day of PG
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-4-16 15:05

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-16 14:29 發表

I understand how you feel Twinsboys08.  It does sound quite disappointing.  I felt a little like you before.  Very skeptical....and annoyed about the envelop arriving so quickly! However, after 1 or ...

twinsmummy, I'm confident that Vic is a good school, it's just this campus and teachers only. They said they converted this campus solely for playgroup class...anyway...I hope the faculty does realize parents do have expectation on the class. Sometimes it's not just about money, travelling time also an issue...if they're not able to provide any decent activities to the children, I'd rather use the time and money to explore other opportunities ~
作者: yatyatbb    時間: 10-4-17 00:22

原帖由 yaulinda 於 10-4-16 09:00 發表
hi yatyatbb,
my daughter also attends 1-2 year PG,
my daughter's teachers' names are Miss Jean and Miss Nikki, how about yours?

Miss Law and Miss Annette
作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-4-19 17:24

原帖由 yatyatbb 於 10-4-17 00:22 發表

Miss Law and Miss Annette

Hope the change of new teacher (Ms Law and Ms Anette) make more fun to our playgroup.
Let’s see what happen tomorrow!

作者: twinsmummy    時間: 10-4-19 17:32

原帖由 Twinboys08 於 10-4-16 15:05 發表

twinsmummy, I'm confident that Vic is a good school, it's just this campus and teachers only. They said they converted this campus solely for playgroup class...anyway...I hope the faculty does reali ...

Hi Twinboys08, hope the 2 new teachers will more than compensate for the 2 bad ones previously.  Good luck and pls keep us posted!
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-4-19 17:34

Don't have too much expectation if it is Ms Annette.  She is the NET of my girl's playgroup 2 years ago in Habour Height Campus.

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-4-19 17:24 發表

Hope the change of new teacher (Ms Law and Ms Anette) make more fun to our playgroup.
Let’s see what happen tomorrow!

作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-4-19 18:03

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-4-19 17:34 發表
Don't have too much expectation if it is Ms Annette.  She is the NET of my girl's playgroup 2 years ago in Habour Height Campus.

too bad, sounds like Victoria's NET are not professional ..... good luck to us tomorrow!
作者: Jupiter    時間: 10-4-20 01:08

Ms. Law is far much worse than Ms. Annette, she can't even make correct pronounciation of Chinese words!  And with very very poor singing skill......
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-4-20 09:25

Will it because she is a teacher of Mandarine, so cannot pronounce Cantonese properly? It seems Victoria playgroup has no improvement at all in the past 2 years.

I think same same every year, parents keep on complaining but most will still stay there until the result of Victoria PN is known just like me : )

For all the playgroups I have attended with my girl, Victoria is of the worst quality.......

原帖由 Jupiter 於 10-4-20 01:08 發表
Ms. Law is far much worse than Ms. Annette, she can't even make correct pronounciation of Chinese words!  And with very very poor singing skill......

作者: wootaitai    時間: 10-4-20 09:46

作者: brrbaby2007    時間: 10-4-20 11:00

原帖由 wootaitai 於 10-4-20 09:46 發表
agreed!

Though I am happy in general with the classes from PN onwards I think the PG is expensive and not well organized. the format simply isnt that age appropriate. Just feeling like the parent/ he ...

睇完你地o甘講我真係好幸運能夠上到HMT Vic既PG(2歲前班),我女女之前上左個幾月discipline有好大改善,願意排隊又手放后面,食嘢前唱首歌,老師說可以吃先吃,dancing開頭完全唔郁到后來跟music搖及試follow老師動作,更重要係中英文老師有heart,女女又開心。

聽到你地話其他地方o甘差真係好suprise
作者: sh_yip    時間: 10-4-20 18:14

原帖由 Jupiter 於 10-4-20 01:08 發表

My god.  Most likely I will quit in June to save the money & time.  Can I get refund even paid the school fee for May??
作者: fatman123    時間: 10-4-21 09:07     標題: Bad experience in Vic PG

Hi all, totally agreed with your comments.  My son has been attending Victoria PG at HH since he was 1.5 yrs old...I accompained him for few lessons but found it was very disorganised...around one hour was free time...i was there playing with my son...teachers were talking among themselves...then sometime teacher would read story or sing songs but no routine at all... it all depends on the mood or availability of the teacher... i sent my boy there only because it is close to my home.
作者: acpeanuts    時間: 10-4-21 09:37

My boy is also 1.5 years old now. He just started the PG at HH Victoria and another kindergarten at the same time. He enjoys much at Victoria.

We are attending the Sat classes. For the 1st lesson, I don't like the NET teacher as she's very old and not caring for the children. They changed another teacher in the 2nd lesson and I found that the 1st one was just a substitue teacher. This 2nd one is much better. Her name is Miss Nikki and she remembers all the names of the children and loves playing together with us. The local teacher is extremely good as well.

For our class, just less than 30 minutes free time within the 2 hours lesson and it's very organized. Perhaps different class with different teachers makes it different?
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-4-21 09:53

Yes, simply disorganised and too many free time with parents/helpers playing with their children by themselves.  

Examples of my experience: The 1st 25 minutes of the class was the teacher just standing at the corner taking attendance while the parents and the kids look for the toys in the classroom to play by themselves.   No difference to playing at home?  Their toys are not that special ge.   

And then another 20 minutes for the children/parents parents to play at its very small and crowded indoor playgroup by themselves.  I prefer to play with my child in the playgroud of the park by myself more.

原帖由 fatman123 於 10-4-21 09:07 發表
Hi all, totally agreed with your comments.  My son has been attending Victoria PG at HH since he was 1.5 yrs old...I accompained him for few lessons but found it was very disorganised...around one hou ...

作者: twinsmummy    時間: 10-4-21 10:27

原帖由 fatman123 於 10-4-21 09:07 發表
Hi all, totally agreed with your comments.  My son has been attending Victoria PG at HH since he was 1.5 yrs old...I accompained him for few lessons but found it was very disorganised...around one hou ...

My girls also attend PG at the HH campus.  May I ask who the teachers are for your son?  As I don't attend the PG class all the time (probably only 1 or 2 times so far) I'm curious to see if it is usually so bad.  The times I've been there, I don't think it was that disorganized.  Agree though that the indoor playarea is not my favorite and a little too much hea time
作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-4-21 10:34     標題: 回覆 69# acpeanuts 的文章

May i ask?
Miss Nikki is Miss Nikki Hung?
She's the Cantonese Teacher?
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-4-21 11:02

To me, as long as the kids can go out to play, they will be happy.  My girl also enjoyed going to Vic playgroup at that time as she could go to play with her mum on Sat mah. She also enjoys going to other playgroups ga.  

I think what we parents are talking about here is whether Vic playgroup is value for money.  For other playgroups, we pay the $$$, then the teachers will think of lot of group activities to keep all parents and children involved to play, not letting the parents/helpers taking the initiative to play with their own or other children for almost half of the playgroup time.

Lastly, there are only around 12 children in the playgroup, to me, I think the teacher should remember the name of all the children.  I can also remember all the children's names at that time ga : )   However, I don't think the NET of my kid's group knew the name of any child, haha.......so, you kid's group is better.  Having said the above, the Chinese teacher of my kid's group is cheerful and can remember all the names of the chidlren too.

原帖由 acpeanuts 於 10-4-21 09:37 發表
My boy is also 1.5 years old now. He just started the PG at HH Victoria and another kindergarten at the same time. He enjoys much at Victoria.

We are attending the Sat classes. For the 1st lesson, I  ...

作者: Lord-the-man    時間: 10-4-21 11:15     標題: 回覆 72# yaulinda 的文章

Miss Nikki is a foreign Teacher in Harbour Heights.

We r in Harbour Heights PG and we are very happy about it. It is so well organised every time with similar rundown as follow:

Ms Choi's Session:
1. 15 mins free play time
2. 30 mins Arts time mixed with fine motor training time. Normally, there are 2 Arts tasks plus 2 fine motor training tasks.
3. 15 mins Tea Time

Rotate another English Speaking Foreign Teacher -- Nikki :

4. 15mins for Physical Warm up Exercise for 15 mins. Songs and Task will be incorporated
5. Free play time at playground for 15 mins
6. Music Time for 15 mins
7. Story time for 15 mins

So far, we find it is so well structured and organised for every lesson. Thus, we do not have any hard feeling so far. Maybe that's y HH campus is always the most competitive one.

My beloved has been got admitted to PN in coming Aug by HH too. We will definitely join their PN in coming Aug
作者: kitmantsoi    時間: 10-4-21 11:32

Same here, my boy attended Vic HMT PG for almost 1 yr. I found both Chinese (Ms Flora) and NET (Ms Joyce) are very nice and caring. The course is systematic with very good time management. After this year's training, my boy can communicate with foreigner smoothly and can speak full sentences in both Cantonese and English. He loves to sing tea time song before meal. Although he will not continue his study in PN, as they only offer 2 days per week course; but I still highly recommend this kinder.

原帖由 brrbaby2007 於 10-4-20 11:00 發表

睇完你地o甘講我真係好幸運能夠上到HMT Vic既PG(2歲前班),我女女之前上左個幾月discipline有好大改善,願意排隊又手放后面,食嘢前唱首歌,老師說可以吃先吃,dancing開頭完全唔郁到后來跟music搖及試follow老師動作,更重要 ...

作者: fatman123    時間: 10-4-21 11:34

My kid started on Sat class only when he was 1.5 yrs old and changed to weekday class later.  I found the weekday PG class is a bit more organised than Sat class... at least the teachers won't be rotated so often.  However, looking at the rundown of the class, in total there are 30 minutes free time (15 mins in the Cantonese section and 15 mins in the English section)...it is quite high a portion for a 2-hours class.
作者: Lord-the-man    時間: 10-4-21 11:41

If we look at their run down carefully, they have their intention to set schedule like this....

They let the child to play, but then have to tidy up and to be disciplined again, and sit down,....then play again, and sit down... This let the child know when to do the right thing at the right time....

To me, I m fine with this arrangement actually....Sometimes, in the very beginning, it's very difficult to get the child to calm down again when they are playing in full swing...this is indeed a godd training...

I must say every set up and design has its own implication behind...
作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-4-21 11:42

Compared to as my elder daughter was also attended the same Vic PG 2 years ago, I must say the rundown was less structured, with increased free time, less toys and less involvement of teachers.
作者: twinsmummy    時間: 10-4-21 11:43

原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-21 11:15 發表
Miss Nikki is a foreign Teacher in Harbour Heights.

We r in Harbour Heights PG and we are very happy about it. It is so well organised every time with similar rundown as follow:

Ms Choi's Session:
1 ...

Hi Lord-the-man, which class will your baby be in?  My girls are in AM class.  Maybe they will be classmates.  
作者: Lord-the-man    時間: 10-4-21 12:15

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-21 11:43 發表

Hi Lord-the-man, which class will your baby be in?  My girls are in AM class.  Maybe they will be classmates.  

We will be in Trilingual Class

By the way, do u know how many got admitted in the coming Aug ?

[ 本帖最後由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-21 12:17 編輯 ]
作者: Jupiter    時間: 10-4-21 13:44

原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-21 11:41 發表
If we look at their run down carefully, they have their intention to set schedule like this....

They let the child to play, but then have to tidy up and to be disciplined again, and sit down,....then ...

I think every playgroup has this similar schedule, the problem here is the teacher are too hea and not involved, and of course too many free play time.  I think every campus should have the same standard, it is not because HH is better but because the teachers are better (i.e. luck).  

I know more than 10 moms who sent their children to both TT and Victoria for playgroup, none of them said Vic is better, they join the playgroup because they want to get into PN.  

I don't know about other playgroup and I can just compare Vic with TT, the teachers at TT are very professional and they have many 道具 every lesson, and they are very involved.  There is only 10-15 mins free play in the playground, other time are circle time, singing, story time, sensory table, fine motor and art.  Actually the rundown is similar to what you said about Vic HH playgroup.

For Vic, we have started for 1.5 months already, still with ~1 hour free play time..... We will quit for sure after knowing the PN result in end of May!
作者: Jupiter    時間: 10-4-21 13:49

原帖由 yaulinda 於 10-4-21 11:42 發表
Compared to as my elder daughter was also attended the same Vic PG 2 years ago, I must say the rundown was less structured, with increased free time, less toys and less involvement of teachers.

Oh Linda, I think middle kornhill would be better than upper kornhill coz upper kornhill is a new campus for playgroup and all things are new (including the teachers)!  My daughter likes the English teacher (Ms. Annette) very much after attending for 1.5 months and she calls Ms. Annette's name even at home, but they changed the teachers starting from this week,   I think because of the complaints form 2-3 year old group, therefore they swap the teachers!   

They said free play times are for children to adapt to the environment (i personally do not think that it takes more than 1 month lor!), but they change the teachers suddenly after the children all get used to the previous teachers!  What a stupid arrangement
作者: twinsmummy    時間: 10-4-21 14:14

原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-21 12:15 發表

We will be in Trilingual Class

By the way, do u know how many got admitted in the coming Aug ?

Wow, Trilingual class.  Is that in the PM?  We thought about it too as my girls only speak English and understand more Mandarin than Cantonese.  Do you think we can request to change?  What do you think?
作者: Lord-the-man    時間: 10-4-21 14:34

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-21 14:14 發表

Wow, Trilingual class.  Is that in the PM?  We thought about it too as my girls only speak English and understand more Mandarin than Cantonese.  Do you think we can request to change?  What do you t ...

I think u can apply black and white for transfer ....if there is vacancy, they will look at it.

I think Trilingual's seats are very limited and only offered to PN class in CWB and HH. i.e., They will not admit K1 newcomer to their Tirlingual class...and all HH Trilingual students will move to CWB for trilingual K2 class ....i.e., HH Trilingual will be for PN and K1, then move to CWB for K2 and K3
作者: twinsmummy    時間: 10-4-21 14:44

原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-21 14:34 發表

I think u can apply black and white for transfer ....if there is vacancy, they will look at it.

I think Trilingual's seats are very limited and only offered to PN class in CWB and HH. i.e., They w ...

Thank you for your advice.  Pls check your PM.  Thanks.
作者: Lord-the-man    時間: 10-4-21 14:56

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-21 14:44 發表

Thank you for your advice.  Pls check your PM.  Thanks.

Got it and replied...

Maybe  another the reason y CWB and HH are hot ....is that not many campus offer Trilingual and some like HMT is not 5 days...etc ...while CWB and HH are 5 days with Trilingual avilaible.

If I percieve correctly from teachers of Vic, there will be 3 teachers in a classroom together all the time...i.e., Trilingual all the time....
作者: 薯仔1607    時間: 10-4-21 23:27

唉,各位上康PG媽咪,我致電問過老師是否以後都是這樣上堂,大多時間自由玩,她們說是這樣的,只是第一堂適應期,連我家工人都覺得不好,估不到維記PG咁差。最慘我巳退了九龍塘多多,五月不能再繼續因為太多等候…
作者: Jupiter    時間: 10-4-22 00:01

原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-21 14:56 發表

Got it and replied...

Maybe  another the reason y CWB and HH are hot ....is that not many campus offer Trilingual and some like HMT is not 5 days...etc ...while CWB and HH are 5 days with Trilingua ...

As I read from their school profile (the booklet they distributed together with the application form), all of their classes starting from K1 are trilingual or bilingual (eng/PTH).  It means if the kids continue going to K1, all will be trilingual (in all campus).

I talked with the Principal of Lower Kornhill before, asking her the difference between bilingual (eng/cantonese) and trilingual stream for PN, she said even the bilingual stream would have 2 sessions of PTH each week.  I think the difference is the presence of a PTH teacher for trilingual stream.  Some may think that it is very important and do make a difference, while I think it won't make a big difference!  Because after attending their playgroup, I understand that by just having the teacher "presence" is of no use at all, what really matters is how much they involve.
作者: tinyling    時間: 10-4-22 03:33

for me, my gal attended the Sat playgroup in HH for almost a year. Although our English teacher changed three times, we found the class is very well organised. And teachers are very nice and caring. I am quite satisfied. And my gal loves going to the playgroup there - many paintings and singings. She can remember those songs and we often sing at home.
作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-4-22 08:53

Jupiter,

I feel very satisfied with the Chinese teacher of Vic PG, she's very devoted.

But I feel quite disappointed towards the NET, she day dreams quite a lot,
she does not actively interact with children (of course not parents la), and she does not has the skill on how to encourage the children to pay attention to her.

Luckily that I didn't quit TT yet.
作者: Twinboys08    時間: 10-4-22 09:33

Well ~ I have already submitted the withdrawal letter to upper kornhill Vic PG...can't stand it anymore. Unfortunately, still need to pay for May school fee !
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-4-22 09:33

Jupiter, your comment:  "while I think it won't make a big difference!  Because after attending their playgroup, I understand that by just having the teacher "presence" is of no use at all, what really matters is how much they involve."  

Strongly agree with your comment above, actually, I know a number of Victoria parents sending their kids to Vic PN (bilingual class) as my kid had joined its playgroup 2 years ago.  We still have close contact after playgroup.  Two of the mums told me exactly your above comments.  Both told me the NET of their kid's class are passive (one in CWB and one in HH campus), will not take the initiative to communicate with the students.  One of the mums who often speak to her kid in English prior to joining PN told me after going to PN for one month, her kid's English level has deteriorated as the Cantonese teacher is very proactive while the NET is passive, thus, all the students like the Cantonese speaking teacher and like to speak to her all the time instead of the NET.  As a result, Cantonese improved a lot while English deteriorated.  Interesting comment.........

原帖由 Jupiter 於 10-4-22 00:01 發表

As I read from their school profile (the booklet they distributed together with the application form), all of their classes starting from K1 are trilingual or bilingual (eng/PTH).  It means if the k ...

作者: wootaitai    時間: 10-4-22 10:26

作者: Lord-the-man    時間: 10-4-22 10:40

原帖由 wootaitai 於 10-4-22 10:26 發表
but the way PN classes are structured are different. they are divided into 2-3 groups, each teacher handles 1 group and they rotate teachers/ activities. So each teacher will be actively handling the  ...

Even for the PG we came across, we didnt find any idle time so far...and all were well structured and organised.

What i can say is different parents have different expectations and needs, just as some parents look for Trilungual, some for Cantonese/Eng bilingual, some for Put/Eng Bilingual ...etc. But for sure, they structure the Tri / Bi lingual differently for different expectation and demand

Yet , in the end, the market will tell the truth....if it is really the case, the student qualities will tell and demand for the school will tell ultimately.
作者: yaulinda    時間: 10-4-22 10:48     標題: 回覆 93# wootaitai 的文章

Actually the students of PN are free to choose which group of activities they want to join.

For my elder daughter's experience in Vic PN, her teachers commented my child mainly choose the Chinese teacher, and she rarely join the NET's group, luckily that her NET was quite good, and my daughter finally joined her group more oftenly towards the end of the school year.  

However, they are very "open minded" and never push (or strongly encourage) children to try out different groups.

That's why I think Vic students are very happy but very free when compared to other schools.
作者: Jupiter    時間: 10-4-22 13:18

原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-22 10:40 發表

Even for the PG we came across, we didnt find any idle time so far...and all were well structured and organised.

What i can say is different parents have different expectations and needs, just as s ...

Very much agreed with your comment that it is about market demands.  Most of the parents today want to put their children in trilingual environment.  But I think it does not neccessarily mean that HH trilingual is kind of more "superior" than those Vic bilingual classes, just like what you said, it is about different expectation.

Since my girl is "small" girl, putting her to HH trilingual would mean asking her to face fierce competition, my aim is to get into Vic, so my strategy is not to go for HH trilingual but go for Kornhill bilingual.  As the Principal told me that I can make a written request to change to other campus if I like in K1, as many students will leave Vic in K1, there should be spaces available and PN students should have the first priority.  

But I think if my girl can get into Vic PN, I won't request change of campus in K1, because all classes will become trilingual in K1 anyway.
作者: Lord-the-man    時間: 10-4-22 13:58

Officially from Victoria's definition, they divide their classes (PN & all K level) into different streams : Trilingual, Bilingual (Eng/Pu & Eng/Cantonese)...

I cannot comment if K1 are all defacto Trilingual in all campus....as they really have such a segregation externally to cater for different demands of the market. Otherwise, it would be meaningless to carry a separate label.

But anyway, carrying a certificate from Tri or Bi lingual stream make no difference in reality if the kid is not able to communicate the language properly in the end.
作者: Lord-the-man    時間: 10-4-22 14:58

原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-22 13:58 發表
Officially from Victoria's definition, they divide their classes (PN & all K level) into different streams : Trilingual, Bilingual (Eng/Pu & Eng/Cantonese)...

I cannot comment if K1 are all defacto T ...

Hope the brochure (p.23) of the below link could give everybody a better understanding of the streams ....

http://www.victoria.edu.hk/about-victoria/eng/about_42.html

[ 本帖最後由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-22 15:02 編輯 ]
作者: Jupiter    時間: 10-4-22 17:12

原帖由 Lord-the-man 於 10-4-22 14:58 發表

Hope the brochure (p.23) of the below link could give everybody a better understanding of the streams ....

http://www.victoria.edu.hk/about-victoria/eng/about_42.html

Thanks a lot for your information, but I read from p.11 that bilingual (eng/cantonese) is for PN only, starting from K1, the bilingual means 英普, but it requires the kids to use either english or PTH as mother tongue.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, my friend's daughter studies in Vic from PN to secondary school now, her language is good (trilingual), and she was in Lower Kornhill campus before.  So I think the student's quality would not be bad no matter they study in HH / CWB / any other campus.
作者: Jupiter    時間: 10-4-22 17:20

Please see if this is correct or not:

[ 本帖最後由 Jupiter 於 10-4-22 17:24 編輯 ]

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5