教育王國

標題: 其實St. Cat是否真的好嗎??? [打印本頁]

作者: kcheng1328    時間: 11-8-16 23:32     標題: 其實St. Cat是否真的好嗎???

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: cherrymummu    時間: 11-8-17 10:57

傳聞有八成入讀女小拔, 不知是真是假, 但該校英文真係教得唔錯
原帖由 kcheng1328 於 11-8-16 23:32 發表
小學派位有多少人(比例) 獲派出名架學校?

作者: pajero2400cc    時間: 11-8-17 11:41

原帖由 cherrymummu 於 11-8-17 10:57 發表

八成定係八"個"入呀?!

八成入咪變左一條龍!?
作者: peggyhklam    時間: 11-8-17 11:55

肯定無八成入女拔
作者: suetsuet8    時間: 11-8-17 13:35     標題: 回覆 2# cherrymummu 的文章

cherrymummu ,

How about Chinese and Maths?? is it good also?
作者: kcheng1328    時間: 11-8-17 21:54

作者: danielmama    時間: 11-8-17 22:14

個傳聞流到冇朋友, 就算全部係精英, 女小拔都冇咁多位比 st. cat
作者: wootaitai    時間: 11-8-19 15:11

作者: bbfish    時間: 11-8-19 18:52

即使身邊St. Catz的畢業生家長大多給予肯定  
但還是有人會覺得中英數應該可以再催谷di
端看各人的需求  如果覺得小朋友應該谷到行
根德園應該是你那杯茶
建議你在放學時間去你心儀的學校看看
找家長問問
作者: 哈比    時間: 11-8-22 16:31

上年, 朋友囡囡(英普班)入咗dgjs.
作者: laupig    時間: 11-8-22 16:41

根本無從得知間學校好唔好? 家長只能靠道聽途說. 打去學校問又唔答. 有時都好無助!
作者: VANCARTIER    時間: 11-8-23 11:44     標題: 回覆 11# laupig 的文章

作者: 仔仔錫錫你    時間: 11-8-23 15:02

係8%,唔係8成
作者: kyliema2006    時間: 11-8-27 21:30

8%的數據都不太真實,咁咪有成成70-80位女同學入到,DGS一半學生來自St Cat?

ote]原帖由 仔仔錫錫你 於 11-8-23 15:02 發表
係8%,唔係8成 [/quote]
作者: tsangnamnam    時間: 11-8-29 14:05

原帖由 kcheng1328 於 11-8-16 23:32 發表
小學派位有多少人(比例) 獲派出名架學校?

派位應該同間幼稚園冇關係. 同住邊區, 報邊個校網有關.
我朋友住41校網, 女女讀SC, 咁好正常派到嘅都係41校網學校. 但無論派到咩學校, 喺哩個基制下, 係同SC冇關係架.
我認識嘅朋友全都係今年K3, 應該都會去考女拔, 叩Maryknoll門, 但就未知到出戰嘅時間, 當然未有結果. 如果有數據, 我都好想知. 80%? 8%? 哩個數據實在似乎冇咩支持喎.
作者: Angine    時間: 11-9-7 19:09

80% MUST be kidding. 8% not possible too as other parent said meaning almost half of the offers are given to SC?? 8 may be the case.

Be frank, it is normal that school with this size is really difficult to find out the exact primary school results. Therefore from another perspective if one is interested in SC should find out more about their curriculum and teachers standard, also whether you like their extra-curricular activities for the kids. And how you look at big size school.

The other day was chatting with a friend whose son just got in SC K1. We calculated that with the opening of PN in HH, there will have around 1000 K3 in 3 years time.....

原帖由 tsangnamnam 於 11-8-29 14:05 發表

派位應該同間幼稚園冇關係. 同住邊區, 報邊個校網有關.
我朋友住41校網, 女女讀SC, 咁好正常派到嘅都係41校網學校. 但無論派到咩學校, 喺哩個基制下, 係同SC冇關係架.
我認識嘅朋友全都係今年K3, 應該都會去考女拔, ...

作者: joeyxlma    時間: 11-9-21 19:04

我想您記錯了,有7-8成入女拔的是CCKG.
作者: ccuuhhkk    時間: 11-9-25 04:00     標題: 回覆 1# joeyxlma 的文章

Im sorry... but what is CCKG?
作者: loveannis    時間: 11-10-2 00:20

CCKG=基督堂幼稚園
作者: joeyxlma    時間: 11-10-26 11:50

In any case, I think generally SC is a good kinder ==>
- not much homework
- very clear and guided cirriculum
- good language training
- no pushing from teacher (in fact I find them quite caring about students)
- all parent vol. work are really voluntary
- very enjoyable school life

Shortfalls ===>
- relatively low student: techer ratio
- Only K1 has 2 class teachers (班主任)
- Cannot use the Gov't aid (學劵)
- Very very limited extra-curriculum activities at school
作者: celinapang    時間: 11-11-2 13:32

我知VICTORIA 上年 總共有15個出入左DGJS WOR.....
作者: kklmml    時間: 11-11-6 16:36

我又唔係覺得咁好咋喎, 家姐個女以前係讀st. cat讀到曅業, 我有陪佢去過家長日我覺得啲老師冇咩愛心. 只見佢哋對某些小朋友一個樣, 某些又另一個樣.
我家姐個女係細b, 佢哋不停只係會話:佢係細b係辛苦架啦, 佢追唔上係好正常.
一次上英文課時個個小朋友舉手想答老師問題, 但唔係個個有份答, 但佢冇舉手, 之後個個有糖佢冇.. 返到屋企不停cry.
我係家長日幫我家姐問返個老師係咪有咁嘅事(因為我哋唔想單方面, 你知小朋友講都唔知幾時真)
佢話係, 係因為想佢知道因為佢冇舉手, 佢同其他人唔同, 所以都冇糖食.. 但我哋覺得咁樣只係更加打沉小朋友自信心.
而且當時佢啲英文唔係咁好因為冇姐姐, 我家姐又小同佢講英文.
問個老師點可以幫佢因為佢唔可以成句英文講, 個老師就話因為佢連好多生字都唔識又點識句子呀..總之就係不停咁話你的不是而唔係鼓勵你... 態度都又惡劣..
之後佢見另一個小朋友家長又係我家姐朋友係律師, 態度立刻180度改變。。。。。所以我對呢間學校冇咩好感。
作者: Jess_chung88    時間: 11-11-25 16:29

sorry for interupt.  I think if there is high % of students go to those famous kindergarten, the school will absolutely show the result at the website to proof they are good and the connection as well.

You can refer to St. Margaret which shows you the records in very details.
作者: momo627    時間: 11-11-30 00:36

We are so lucky that Long Long get a p.m. offer but English Cantonese one from St. Catherine Kindergarten (SC), actually we are really surprised but happy for it. But based on the existing PN classes at York, Long Long really improves a lot and I do buy their Cambridge English Test and their own development computer system for English and Maths. They do have other tests to help to proof their students are strong in Maths, so the Principal said there is no need for parents to worry to have any extracurricular courses as they will plan for all and all certificates they will help to get and sure best suit and put in our portfolio for application for P1.

And actually I have no idea the curriculum of SC, many parents and KG teachers say it is good, creative thinking instead of spoon feeing and push harsh to students, but actually I don't know the methodology of SC how they train up students, will it be too relaxing then later it suits international schools, but I aim at traditional school so I wonder if it will be harsh for Long Long to pick up in P1.

Also, as the offer is English, Cantonese, I have to bring him to have Mandarin training (though at the moment I don't know if York will take him into English mandarin international class but based on how naughty he is as mentioned by his teacher over the phones 3 times, chance is low), I have to pay and find a good school for Cambridge English test training, any knows any good schools?

Are Students studying in SC good and good at English? What are the strengths of SC actually?
作者: 豬豬仔爸媽    時間: 11-12-12 16:09

My friend's kids used to study in St. Catherine K.  Definitely not relaxed ...He found it difficult and his kid had to switch to another school after two yrs.  As far as I know, its graduates target for traditional good/tough primary schoools.
作者: Mabello6    時間: 11-12-14 14:26     標題: 回復 6# joeyxlma 的帖子

更正: 今年開始, K1下學期每日都有功課.
作者: melody333    時間: 11-12-17 15:52

請問 St.Cat 英普班有幾多年歷史? 聽說英普班上課係以普通話為主,  唔知數學堂用英文定普通話呢 ? 男仔上嘅小學無女仔咁多選擇 ?  唔知係5係因為以普通話為主, 所以好多人話 St.Cat 嘅英文水平比以前下降左呢 ?  
作者: 天瑜    時間: 11-12-19 10:01

作者: chloe1010    時間: 11-12-19 22:41

我自己有報SC,但係收到reject信(阿囡係細B),我有個做名校幼師(國際學校果d、英X果種)既親戚話,SC d水平越黎越差喎,仲叫我唔好報(不過果陣我已經報左)
作者: babykei    時間: 11-12-20 00:00

作者: anlee3    時間: 11-12-21 00:47

If u have hesitation about the school, don't apply.
作者: hecabb    時間: 11-12-21 16:46

其實一間學校好唔好真係見仁見智, 不過作為用家嘅我就覺得物有所值, 我個女而家讀k2英普班, 我今年幫阿仔報埋pn希望佢可以有得讀...雖然我都覺得pn學費係貴咗d, 不過佢機會係sc讀書我就好放心, 因為sc嘅教育方式同我好夾~
作者: km_chung    時間: 12-1-12 16:06

回復 hecabb 的帖子

可唔可以講多D黎聽下?

作者: CF2010    時間: 12-2-3 16:21

My son is gradurated from SC last year and now in P1 LS.  When we applied P1 last year, we got SFA,KTG, APS and TSL's offer, and we didnt attend YW's 2nd interview and CKY's 2nd interview.  MY son failed in DBS's 2nd interview.  In my son's class (18~20nos.) , at least 2 boys to DBS 1 gril to DGJS (as far as I know).  I guess other classmates also got pretty good offer in general.  I am very satisfy my son's English standard (as non-native speaker).  SC really has something good in teaching English and will recommend other to attend (if you got the offer).

That why SC don't brother to promote the School and explain/introduce the School to others.  There are too many applicants every year (~8000)

作者: picture    時間: 12-2-6 00:05

Hi CF2010

I am only finding out that SC offers Eng/PTH program today.  May I know if Eng/PTH v Eng/Cant are offered to all students and accepted students can freely choose?  Or if there are additional requirements for students to achieve in order to be accepted into the Eng/PTH class?

Also how many years have SC run the Eng/PTH program?  How do you find it?
作者: picture    時間: 12-2-6 00:08

St Cat has been so secretive with their programs that I, as a prospective parent find it quite discouraging to learn more about the school.
作者: momo627    時間: 12-2-9 00:29

Finally my hb picks SC. But I am headache on the playgroups

My son is accepted by St. Catherine pm Cantonese/English class. As he is an active boy and doesn't like reading books. On the other hand, I heard some mummys said for St. Catherine students, no worry on English but need to concern about their chinese, PHT and maths.

Any one can help suggest me good playgroups schools to for my son who is not smart and love running around to help him improve his chinese, PHT and maths?

Also, as my son was studied in York in PN, I do impressed with their training for Cambridge English Test, but I am not sure if it is really necessary. A mummy suggests me a school called ABC Pathways there he can study Cambridget Engish one; but I also noted that there is a cour called RWI by Oxford, that I have no idea on that.

As St. Cathine will concentrate on phonics and Oxford tree, I am really mess up what I should do. And it is too ealry to start studing when is is 2.5Y? Or we shall let him to be familar with the envrironment. My son is now having artplay and music and gym class and he enjoys it, don't know he can focus on reading when we change the course suddenly. And some parents told me we have to join drama course which is good for applying K1, to me, it is really an headache as it seems too much and I don't want to force my son to do all, though he now enjoys the class.

And unless those playgroups are at Kln Tong, we can go to have classes in the morning and go to school in the afternoon (we are in pm session), otherwise we can squeeze all classes on weekends..

Please, any daddys and mummys, if you know any good schools that fits St Catherine styles, please let me know as I am will mess up and have no idea, even after reading the threads.

Thank you very much in advance!

作者: HaYi    時間: 12-2-16 17:53

回復 momo627 的帖子

我大仔是sc k3 (ENG/pth), 我覺得學校未必是最好, 但是合我的要求.

英文PHONICS 做得幾好, 我冇跟佢, 佢自己學的.    英文佢k2時出去學附加野時有俾一些測試, 說他有p2的水準.

中文一般, 因他只喜歡英文書及tv, 想好要自己跟緊些, 外面不覺有很有用的中文課程是針對KINDER.

數學因出去學 Enopi 所以不是跟學校的程度.

我反而覺得CAMBRIDGE STARTER是很易的, 因我自己在外買左些TEST 俾佢, 未經操, 但已大部份是全對, 錯的是串字, 因為冇捉佢去串. 但串字有個 LIST, 不多, 有心的好快會識晒.  所以我識好多sc 的而家K3 都考 MOVER. 我就唔想俾$..冇去考.

作者: SCKnight    時間: 12-2-16 22:56

picture 發表於 12-2-6 00:08
St Cat has been so secretive with their programs that I, as a prospective parent find it quite disco ...

都唔係好神秘唧,你上幼稚園一覽,St Cat啲家長喺開學嗰陣都會講課程同有關上堂安排。
作者: SCKnight    時間: 12-2-16 23:10

babykei 發表於 11-12-20 00:00
我有朋友教幼稚園,佢都話SC比以前差左好多,叫我揀KV(但我waiting)

我唔敢比較,不過我覺得週圍啲小朋友同家長都升緊呢。我見過有其他幼稚園嘅小朋友自己刨HP,我相信SC都應該有小朋友有咁嘅能力。

作者: bb@wonderland    時間: 12-2-17 11:46

本帖最後由 bb@wonderland 於 12-2-17 11:48 編輯

Hi momo627,
For K1, you do not need to be too worry about the courses (academic related) to join after class. Of course, you can take some interest classes, as it is good for kid to explore their interests: such as drawing, swimming, music-related etc.

If you want to strengthen his language, you can start learing PTH in K1, mainly focus in conversation.

For Cambridge starter, you need to reach age of 5 in order to take the exam in Hong Kong. So even your kid is a big kid, it will be K2 things to consider.

For Enopi Maths, suggest start at K2, when your kid  can manage writing and counting numbers.

Do more reading with your kid, both Chinese and English, it helps a lot.

Enjoy the time in K1.

If you want to discuss in details, you can pm me.

momo627 發表於 12-2-9 00:29
Finally my hb picks SC. But I am headache on the playgroups

My son is accepted by St. Catherine pm  ...

作者: momo627    時間: 12-2-18 01:29

本帖最後由 momo627 於 12-2-18 01:39 編輯

Hi, bb@wondertand

thanks a lot for giving me advice and I have pm you my questions.
Thanks again for your sharing and please pm me your advice and experience and share with me. Thanks a lot.

作者: momo627    時間: 12-2-18 01:38

hi, HiPi, thanks for your advice.

I am not worry about English as it is heard that students studing in SC is good.

Just The Cambrdge test, but you mention it is easy. So do you mean SC's teaching menthod or textbook is more difficult?

and you mentioned"數學因出去學 Enopi 所以不是跟學校的程度", I don't know hwat is Enopi, is it another type of system that does not match with SC's teaching so we have to learn outside.

So we have to spend a lot for leanring extra cost. Would you mind letting me know how about around for your extracurriucular activities inclduing some academice one. Also please recommend me some good school so that I can take a look and see and don't miss the enrollment date.
作者: SCKnight    時間: 12-2-18 08:11

momo627 發表於 12-2-18 01:38
hi, HiPi, thanks for your advice.

I am not worry about English as it is heard that students studing in SC is good.

Just The Cambrdge test, but you mention it is easy. So do you mean SC's teaching menthod or textbook is more difficult?

and you mentioned"數學因出去學 Enopi 所以不是跟學校的程度", I don't know hwat is Enopi, is it another type of system that does not match with SC's teaching so we have to learn outside.

So we have to spend a lot for leanring extra cost. Would you mind letting me know how about around for your extracurriucular activities inclduing some academice one. Also please recommend me some good school so that I can take a look and see and don't miss the enrollment date. ...
hi momo627

SC's teaching method  / textbook are not difficult, I think they encorage the students to learn English on activity based.  The kids have more chance to use English in their studies and daily life.  If kids want to take Cambridge exam, parents still need to help the kids to do spelling.

For Maths, I think SC kids will like E.nopi (the system is originated from Korea) more than Kumon.  Exercises are more interesting as the exercise book use colour print with comics and cartoons.  But like Kumon, E.nopi will require kids do a lot of maths exercise in a progressive way.

Extracurriucular activities are not a must, depend on what do you want your child to achieve, or what primary school you want he/she to study.  The final decision is up to parents.

Finally, rather than give you suggestions on school selection, I think you should be the one know your child, worth to do some work and drill on the school background, parent comments and philiosophy, then select the school you think right for your kid.   

作者: HaYi    時間: 12-2-18 20:38

回復 momo627 的帖子

agreed with SCKnight,

SC's English "text book" is not deep at all, basiclally only oxford reading tree, which I think most of the kids already can read that before teach, but the other activities / worksheet  will help them to familar with English communication.  Eg,  today is the parents day, some of the kids back to school with parents, in the classroom I saw them talk in English / PHT alternatively whereever they like.  That is quite natural and many of them are native speaker (parents are English speakers)

I believe cambridge test somehow can reflected a kids ability in English, but the Starter Level  is quite simple, u can learn more when u check fm the related website.  I think the most difficult part is about the spelling, which need time for kids to familar.  Additional course for this test seems not so attractive..

Enopi Math, as SCKnight explained, is just another math course.  Kids can learn at their own speed so sometimes kids can learn a bit faster than kinder's course.  But Enopi and SC's math are similar, both are in English.   On the other hand, I start to worry a bit by use to English Math, if those primary are teaching
Math in Chinese, then will need some time to adjust in this summer.  

作者: momo627    時間: 12-2-19 01:24

SCnight. thank you so much for your comment.

sorry I am not quite sure about the Maths one, you mean the E.nopi is the maths system used in SC, no need to go to other school ? or there are school outside for K,nop? Why is it important? Is it also essential and good for students and provide certificate to show one's abiltiy. I know understand Kumon is too hard for student and give them pressure by doing too much exercise, thank so much. but everyday I see many kids having classes there (as there is one branch near my home).

Thanks a lot again.
作者: momo627    時間: 12-2-19 01:40

HiYI, thanks also for your comments, which is really useful. So they used to talk in Englsih /Pht in normally daytime when met in school? As we are in Eng/Cantonese class, just worry about PHT so wonder if we need training.

Fof cambridge test, I am really stuipd in computer so I know every litte website and my friends all haven't do this kind of "exercise", so I only ask one friend who is serious with her daughter's training and that's why I only know ABC Pathways. Any tips for other good school?

Spelling, so the school will let student read the words from cards or books or talk when chatting so they know how to use and its meaning but they won't request them spell the word. Is it really that some parents said there are not much homework and exercise even for K2 and K3. How would you do? will you do more courses for him or do you think what is taught in the school is adequate.
Enopi Math, so no need to worry but yet need other school to train it up fo this system, right? but will the kid mix up the 2 system used here and in schoo>

I am too old so at my age all course expect Chinese, Ethics are taught in English. So many primary schools use Cantonese or Eng as media for teaching? Oh, my god, even I used to use Eng, my Eng is not good enough So the govt policy for using mother language is not good. I really had hard time in P1 and cried when doing homework and test for Chinese course and books in school. But Eng and Maths are super easy.

Please let me know more about SC as I really have no information found in BK and really can't find SC's student moms to share their experience with me, and thanks a lot.

Also, how do you and your kids feeling about the school, the teacher, his/her confidence in acdemic studies, etc? I wish my son will have happy school life but as he is a naught and active boy, sometimes my hb thinks we shouls stay in York so as to force him to folow instruction (it is our headache), and SC sounds more relaxing, but let kids to have space to have innovative and t creative thinking. And York will do all Cambridge Eng test, math test training during school time and additional courses in school so no need to find school outside and he can finish all clasess inside its campas and back to home by school bus (take pm school bus), so really a hearache to choose. But all parents tell me I must chooce SC as it is good, but no one can tell me how good, in what way, which acdemic field, ethics?

Sorry asking too much, Thanks once again
作者: HaYi    時間: 12-2-20 12:27

HiYI, thanks also for your comments, which is really useful. So they used to talk in Englsih /Pht in normally daytime when met in school? As we are in Eng/Cantonese class, just worry about PHT so wonder if we need training.
>>>As I know Eng/Can class hv some PTH time, but detail better check with school,

Fof cambridge test, I am really stuipd in computer so I know every litte website and my friends all haven't do this kind of "exercise", so I only ask one friend who is serious with her daughter's training and that's why I only know ABC Pathways. Any tips for other good school? >>>  u can check the normal book store , there hv some cambridge exercise / mock test, so u can hv more idea of that test before finding a center if needed.

Spelling, so the school will let student read the words from cards or books or talk when chatting so they know how to use and its meaning but they won't request them spell the word. => school hv some cards / worksheets to let them to, I think the way SC taught is not like primary school, they are in more relax way.  

Is it really that some parents said there are not much homework and exercise even for K2 and K3. How would you do? will you do more courses for him or do you think what is taught in the school is adequate. >>>compare wtih KV / Keenmind SC hv less writting job I think, parents will go for diff course outside , try to polish, like Speech in PTH / ENG , in order to win some prize. That is very common in each kinder, not only limited to SC I think.   My son also hv additional class in English outside, basically for grammer stuff, he hv class with primary students (P1-P2 kids).  
Enopi Math, so no need to worry but yet need other school to train it up fo this system, right? but will the kid mix up the 2 system used here and in schoo>>>   No, Enopi just like Kumon, but without too much repeat work as Kumon, there of course hv other Math System u can learn, but Enopi / Kumon are quite popular in HK I think.   SC 's math is not Enopi (Licensed), but the content is more less similar, if u want your kids to learn faster than school level, may choose other additional Math course outside.  Otherwise SC's math is ok for primary I think.

Also, how do you and your kids feeling about the school, the teacher, his/her confidence in acdemic studies, etc? I wish my son will have happy school life but as he is a naught and active boy, sometimes my hb thinks we shouls stay in York so as to force him to folow instruction (it is our headache), and SC sounds more relaxing, but let kids to have space to have innovative and t creative thinking. And York will do all Cambridge Eng test, math test training during school time and additional courses in school so no need to find school outside and he can finish all clasess inside its campas and back to home by school bus (take pm school bus), so really a hearache to choose. But all parents tell me I must chooce SC as it is good, but no one can tell me how good, in what way, which acdemic field, ethics?  >>> My son love his school like most of the kids do, he is super active too, but can get OK performace in most of the assessment, so I think the school is rather tolerate to him.. ha ha.. SC don't hv much extra course (unless some paid course in Sat, but we didn't join as no time),  I hv arranged most of the extra cost at spare time after school as most of the mom do.  But I am not demanding, just hope he can enjoy diff activities like swim / ball games etc.   Hope that help.  

作者: momo627    時間: 12-2-21 07:29

really thanks for your detail explanation. thanks again
作者: porporchi    時間: 12-2-22 09:59

想請問SC家長, 你地覺得SC課程深嗎? 我一直覺得KV會深過SC很多, 不過有朋友對我說她比較兩者, 覺得SC同KV一樣, 功課量KV比SC多一點點, 所以我想上來問問SC家長!

多問一句, 你地覺得小朋友在學校學過既野洗唔洗番屋企溫先至識? 定係學校已經教到小朋友好入腦? 希望唔好意思我咁樣問, 謝謝!
作者: bb@wonderland    時間: 12-2-22 11:00

porporchi 發表於 12-2-22 09:59
想請問SC家長, 你地覺得SC課程深嗎? 我一直覺得KV會深過SC很多, 不過有朋友對我說她比較兩者, 覺得SC同KV一 ...

多問一句, 你地覺得小朋友在學校學過既野洗唔洗番屋企溫先至識? 定係學校已經教到小朋友好入腦? 希望唔好意思我咁樣問, 謝謝! >>>

This depends on children's learning ability and whether they concentrate in the class or not. Also, if you are attending course outside or not.

作者: SCKnight    時間: 12-2-22 22:14

porporchi 發表於 12-2-22 09:59
想請問SC家長, 你地覺得SC課程深嗎? 我一直覺得KV會深過SC很多, 不過有朋友對我說她比較兩者, 覺得SC同KV一樣, 功課量KV比SC多一點點, 所以我想上來問問SC家長!

多問一句, 你地覺得小朋友在學校學過既野洗唔洗番屋企溫先至識? 定係學校已經教到小朋友好入腦? 希望唔好意思我咁樣問, 謝謝! ...
個人覺得KV操得好勁。中文學嘅嘢KV會比SC深。雖然週末數目兩間都差不多,但平日功課量SC拍馬都追唔上。

除非小朋友天資聰敏,否則絕對有需要同小朋友溫書。尤其係中文。

我都想小朋友喺學校已經學晒啲嘢入腦,但係喺三個多小時嘅上課,仲要有大部份嘅時間係活動,我唔會咁樂觀相信番到屋企唔駛溫書。

作者: HaYi    時間: 12-2-23 12:41

KV K2 都寫好多字, 小朋友寫得好好.    SC K2唔覺, 識寫不過不會好特出.   所以中文一定是KV 學得快些多些,   K3的中文我就不覺SC 是特淺, 都有長句子同些較深/ 少用些的字要識 (識讀, 不是全部要求識寫) .   

數學就未必,, KV 我都識不少人讀公文 , 同SC 多人讀Enopi 一樣.      

SC 要成績好 (評估 5分都取) 中文如 SCKnight 說要溫. 我都有, 不過不會用太多時間.    英文/ 數學我就冇咩同佢溫過, 一般都可以有5分.. 不過唔覺SC 有排名, 大家都係睇番自已的上下學期評估為主.     KV 聽說是有的.  

我覺得KV 小學化, 對小朋友的要求較嚴 如校車不可以談話, 女孩子冬天不可穿襪褲等, 聽話的小朋友比較好些, 我有教過KV 的小朋友, 佢地會等老師的指示一步步去做, 且做得好. 感覺是受教的多.        不過好似我個d 好自主的小朋友在SC 的發揮會在SC 好些.  比較少規範, 老師介紹左一些主題, 小朋友通常樣樣都想試下, 不排除有時都會做多錯多, 只要家長不是太介意, 亦是好事.  感覺 KV / SC 家長大家的要求不太一樣.
作者: QQMonkey    時間: 12-2-26 17:01

Let's me share with my experience.  My girl went to SC, and now she is studying in one of the top traditional school in Kowloon.
The work load in SC is reasonable, which does not make the kid hate to learn, whereas, my girl loves to learn and to dig the knowledge herself.  I meant not " the canned learning".  I was also very worried when she was in P.1 when dictation came, yes, she needed some time to adapt.  The most important thing I would say, she understands and can absorb well what is taught in class.  
I had never let my girl to take any math or English course outside, except in summer.  She can quite easily pick up the Eng math and Eng GS in P1.
However, I admit that you need to learn and know a lot of thing when having the P.1 battle.  The kids have to learn well advance to gain the advantage.  It is very painful for the kids and parents.  Most of these "knowledge" are indeed are taught in primary school.  Our school is using the English text book one year ahead, but most of her classmates from SC do not have
problem.
In short, I am pleased with SC curriculum and happy learning environment.  The kids love to learn and are not being pushed too hard, unlike other school, they needs to write very neatly even tough their little muscle are not well developed.  I believe the principle that the learning path is long term, not 揠苗助長 和殺雞取卵
作者: momo627    時間: 12-3-1 05:54

wow, thank you so much for mummys' sharing, we understand more about SC and know what we should do and most important thing is: my boy will enjoy his school life.

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5