教育王國

標題: 小一面試分享:無奬、無証書、無交個人檔案的結果 [打印本頁]

作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 14:29     標題: 小一面試分享:無奬、無証書、無交個人檔案的結果

除了無奬、無証書、無個人檔案之外:

重要係非教友、非原校幼稚園生、本身幼稚園有龍校、用穿著幼稚園校服的學生相、住得唔近、無學術性課外活動、無上面試班、無特別作面試準備、零催谷、無異能、無關係等等。

我們只帶着平常心,拖着我們五年來對她的愛、信念和教育,去面對她第一次的小一面試。

結果: 被取錄了。

雖然不是一些大熱名校,但最重要是跟我們理念一致。

只想道出一件事,請大家好好想想應怎樣去培育您的孩子,這世界沒有永遠正確的方程式,也沒有萬能的興趣班、面試班等。

最後,只有你的孩子本身最能展現家長的栽培和教養。

你的孩子是有生命的,不要用一些奬或証書或技能去代表他,他不只是一個個人檔案。
作者: ac917    時間: 11-10-6 14:45     標題: 回復 1# iantsang 的帖子

嘩!你既中文post...難得一見!

多謝你既分享,你講得好啱,現時一般用來栽培小朋友既方法,有時會令我地失去方向及失去最重要既意義,但願我都可以好似你地一家咁,可以栽培出咁出色既小朋友。

祝你囡囡再接再厲,等待你地下一個好消息!
作者: bb@wonderland    時間: 11-10-6 14:52

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 14:29 發表
除了無奬、無証書、無個人檔案之外:

重要係非教友、非原校幼稚園生、本身幼稚園有龍校、用穿著幼稚園校服的學生相、住得唔近、無學術性課外活動、無上面試班、無特別作面試準備、零催谷、無異能、無關係等等。

我 ...

作者: wh0709    時間: 11-10-6 14:54

Love is the most important! Your angels are very lucky having such family.
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 15:04

原帖由 ac917 於 11-10-6 14:45 發表
嘩!你既中文post...難得一見!

多謝你既分享,你講得好啱,現時一般用來栽培小朋友既方法,有時會令我地失去方向及失去最重要既意義,但願我都可以好似你地一家咁,可以栽培出咁出色既小朋友。

祝你囡囡再接再厲,等待你地下一個 ...

我真的有二十年沒有寫過中文了,只是最近一些缘份的安排而要每天以中文寫作。

很讃同現時的環境令家長們都透不過氣來,很容易被身邊的人弄得失去方向。

我的女兒真的沒有特別,出色更是遥不可及。我們只用心保護着她的純真罷了。
作者: ziyi    時間: 11-10-6 15:20

我囡囡係咁多間都沒有交你題目的東西.

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 15:04 發表

我真的有二十年沒有寫過中文了,只是最近一些缘份的安排而要每天以中文寫作。

很讃同現時的環境令家長們都透不過氣來,很容易被身邊的人弄得失去方向。

我的女兒真的沒有特別,出色更是遥不可及。我們只用心保護着她的 ...

作者: leungchingyiu    時間: 11-10-6 15:26

恭喜~恭喜~^^~
作者: baba987    時間: 11-10-6 15:30

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 15:31

原帖由 ziyi 於 11-10-6 15:20 發表
我囡囡係咁多間都沒有交你題目的東西.

Hi ziyi daddy,

We only applied three and we are in the same situation with all three of them.

Certainly, my daughter cannot be compared to your daughter.  My daughter is just a very simple and innocent girl.  Really not smart at all and lack of the winning characteristics many smart children would share, like your daughter.

We are just fortunate to find a school, which happen to share the similar philosophy with us, and so would appreciate a girl like herself.

The purpose of this sharing, is to remind parents not to just follow others.  And I did not intend to tell parents there are no needs to prepare personal profile.  Yes, there are some schools who really need to see this based on their value system and what they recognize.

Just sharing my personal feelings.  Not a show off and not trying to make any comparisons.  Just hope to bring a message to the parents only.
作者: spmok1999    時間: 11-10-6 15:37

恭喜你能養育一個令你覺得驕傲的女兒!

可能你們平時見慣了他的表現並未覺得怎麼特別, 但可能在他人眼中已經是相當優秀了, 又或者她在面試時的表現已可算是稱得上是 "異能" 呢!?
禮貌及德育是從小養成的, 自幼寵壞或過份的保護我相信很難能在短時間重新訓練或教導的, 最大影響力其實主要是從最親蜜的人在日常生活上得到的經驗從而建立個人的特質.

作者: ziyi    時間: 11-10-6 15:41

每個小朋友都是獨一,唯一的,講真..我睇唔到有特別分別,除非父母俾很多東西小朋友學,ready for 申請小一.

而我覺得,小朋友用最真的去面試,只需要跟小朋友說清楚要有禮貌就ok.

我的小朋友只有2間offer,1間waiting,1間入到final round, but give up 見校長, 其他全部round 1 out

所以唔係你說的smart.

人夾人緣... ...學校跟小朋友也是一樣...

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 15:31 發表

Hi ziyi daddy,

We only applied three and we are in the same situation with all three of them.

Certainly, my daughter cannot be compared to your daughter.  My daughter is just a very simple and inn ...

作者: ElsaShum    時間: 11-10-6 15:42     標題: 回復 11# iantsang 的帖子

Congratulation!
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 16:15

原帖由 spmok1999 於 11-10-6 15:37 發表
...禮貌及德育是從小養成的, 自幼寵壞或過份的保護我相信很難能在短時間重新訓練或教導的, 最大影響力其實主要是從最親蜜的人在日常生活上得到的經驗從而建立個人的特質. ...

Fully agree!
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 16:30

原帖由 ziyi 於 11-10-6 15:41 發表
每個小朋友都是獨一,唯一的,講真..我睇唔到有特別分別,除非父母俾很多東西小朋友學,ready for 申請小一.

而我覺得,小朋友用最真的去面試,只需要跟小朋友說清楚要有禮貌就ok.

我的小朋友只有2間offer,1間waiting,1 ...

Hi ziyi daddy,

I guess may be the biggest similarities, are between you and me!  

The most fortunate and thankful thing, is to meet the right one!  

Best wishes to you and your family!  

Ian
作者: Miffyling    時間: 11-10-6 16:34

恭喜, 你囡囡好叻, btw, 佢會唔會仲要係"細女"?
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 16:37     標題: 回復 15# Miffyling 的帖子

argh....  forget to mention!  Thanks for reminding me!

She was born near the border line of the cut-off point, i.e. end of August.

Really all these factors are less important.  When the child find the right school, the school would offer them.  It's almost like a romantic love for them to find each other!  
作者: 仕澄母    時間: 11-10-6 16:39

我仔仔都是三無人仕,但IN三間都REJECT,我都懷疑三無是不是只在面試便可以OK!!+分鍾便可以決定?坂主你可以話LUCKY,但我十分無奈
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 16:46

原帖由 仕澄母 於 11-10-6 16:39 發表
我仔仔都是三無人仕,但IN三間都REJECT,我都懷疑三無是不是只在面試便可以OK!!+分鍾便可以決定?坂主你可以話LUCKY,但我十分無奈

Don't give up!  May be your son just hasn't found the right school only.

This is why we had a very careful selection this year.  You can say I have no guts but really my daughter doesn't have the proactive, confident nor aggressiveness to ever survive in any of the elite schools.  So, we didn't apply to any of those.

The interview is just a process of selection.  The importance is to find a school that actually your son would enjoy learning there.  Good luck and I am sure you will find it soon!
作者: pandabonita    時間: 11-10-6 16:47

congrats ian!

我數過你個post入面有八個'無'字,咁你名附其實做了'八無'la, haha. (sorry, bad joke)
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 16:53

原帖由 samuel123321 於 11-10-6 16:36 發表
恭喜你,好順利!   不過你漏報家底!(如有得罪,請原諒你是一個全職媽媽做得好好,世界並不是完美)

Sorry did you mean my wife is a full-time housewife?

What I also didn't mention before, is that not just her who are with the kids all the time.  I have also stayed home to work most of the time in the past three years.

And also sorry to our friends, we have not been socializing with you all as much as we would like to.

We just feel it is the most important and precious time that the parents should be around them at this age.

Of course nothing is perfect.  We could make a lot more money if we are both working full-time, but the experience with them, is invaluable.

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 16:55 編輯 ]
作者: 仕澄母    時間: 11-10-6 16:57

當有千几二千几個小朋友見老師,我真的不覺得半小時內見+個小朋友,老師会有什麽感覺?例如個個答得OK,有礼貌。如何分高低?
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 16:59

原帖由 samuel123321 於 11-10-6 16:48 發表
十幾二十分鐘面試,成與敗去決定你育兒是否成功,入到名校的小朋友就代表你叻你成功?

I don't think there are anyone here who have the thought of "success" or "not success" here.  Please don't jump to this conclusion.

It's faith to bring the school and the children together.

And there is nothing to be proud of, if someone would think the admission of their children to a famous school is to be proud of.  Instead, it should be something to feel sad.
作者: 小曳人    時間: 11-10-6 17:02

Congratz!
咁快就有結果喇?!

作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 17:07

原帖由 仕澄母 於 11-10-6 16:57 發表
當有千几二千几個小朋友見老師,我真的不覺得半小時內見+個小朋友,老師会有什麽感覺?例如個個答得OK,有礼貌。如何分高低?

I cannot tell you how these teachers differentiate the children, for each school in particular.

So we applied for the less popular choices (well not by intention to only select less popular ones, but in fact they are not the main stream famous ones which so happen we agree with them), where there are less applicants and they can have more time to observe the children.  This interview, for example, my daughter was not next to us for 1.5 hours.  This is a two-way thing.

Don't be frustrated for now.  The whole process has just started and there are still many months for many uncertainty to come.  Please keep up the spirit as your son would love to see that too!

All the best!
作者: spmok1999    時間: 11-10-6 17:20     標題: 回復 13# iantsang 的帖子

我恭喜你的主要原因並不是你女兒能成功被取錄, 主要恭喜的是你們能用心去教育你的女兒, 最重要係你女兒能學以致用, 能夠成功並不單靠運氣, 你們和女兒一直作出的努力我相信是主要的因素, 歌都有得唱.."莫道你在選擇人, 人亦能選擇你, 公平原沒半點偏心", 就算不成功亦不代表你小朋友的能力較低, 只可以說是: "你唔係佢地杯茶", 如何收生根本並沒有一個明確的準測...

莫再悲 莫再傷 遇到悲哀休誇張
誰亦要經風與浪 誰遇挫敗不受傷

逝去的 莫再想 路正崎嶇更漫長
何用嘆息風裡望 寶貴光陰笑著量

愁和哀 風與霜 不會天天都探訪
用幻想 與夢想 編織那遠大理想

斜陽好 花正香 跟那寂寞和著唱
歌聲一句句 跳越屏障赴遠方

默默的分享 默默的欣賞
路上一切美麗況
人生媲會碰著悲哀苦惱
為何流淚看

幸運不希罕 熱淚不輕淌
願做真正既硬漢
何必口說快樂心中一個樣

作者: csadmin    時間: 11-10-6 17:22

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 14:29 發表
除了無奬、無証書、無個人檔案之外:

我 ...

恭喜你大女! 希望每人會搵到適合既學校!
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 17:27

原帖由 小曳人 於 11-10-6 17:02 發表
Congratz!
咁快就有結果喇?!

Sorry forget to reply you!  It's faster than many kindergarten application.  The letter was sent within less than 2 weeks.

And many positive information in our first physical encounter with this school.  Unfortunately it will not be relevant to you unless you are planning to be more "productive".
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 17:30     標題: 回復 27# spmok1999 的帖子

Thank you for the "song" sharing!

等 is one of my favorite songs.  I sang it in my first ever singing contest during my primary school years.  
作者: hisuki00    時間: 11-10-6 17:34

iantsang, congratulations!

May I know which 3 schools you have applied for your daughter?
Please PM if necessary.

My son will go for the 'war' next year, but we don't want to push him, or join any interview class. Hopefully, we will be as lucky as you are.
作者: samuel123321    時間: 11-10-6 17:35

作者: spmok1999    時間: 11-10-6 17:36

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 17:30 發表
Thank you for the "song" sharing!

is one of my favorite songs.  I sang it in my first ever singing contest during my primary school years.  

又會咁岩得咁橋...
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 17:38     標題: 回復 31# samuel123321 的帖子

<deleted>

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 17:49 編輯 ]
作者: Sumyeema1    時間: 11-10-6 17:43     標題: 回復 1# iantsang 的帖子

Ian, 多謝你的正能量。

日日寫中文,你 d 中文好快同英文一樣....甘好。

作者: 小曳人    時間: 11-10-6 17:47

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 17:27 發表

Sorry forget to reply you!  It's faster than many kindergarten application.  The letter was sent within less than 2 weeks.

And many positive information in our first physical encounter with this sc ...

haha~ 無喇無喇,兩個夠哂數喇!
你有無男女校嘅經驗可以分享呀?定係3間都係女校?
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 18:00

原帖由 Sumyeema1 於 11-10-6 17:43 發表
Ian, 多謝你的正能量。

日日寫中文,你 d 中文好快同英文一樣....甘好。

Sumyeema,

知我者,莫若你啦!

真的用心良苦支持BK架! (希望大臣睇到啦!)

Ian
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 18:09

原帖由 hisuki00 於 11-10-6 17:34 發表
iantsang, congratulations!

May I know which 3 schools you have applied for your daughter?
Please PM if necessary.

My son will go for the 'war' next year, but we don't want to push him, or join any i ...

Sorry I try not to provide the list since they are only being picked as we like their style.  It is a personal choice.  So, I wouldn't want to affect your decision.  Please kindly understand.

The development of the children is a lifelong process, it will be tough not to follow others but always remind yourself of the reasons.

All the best!
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 18:13

原帖由 samuel123321 於 11-10-6 18:02 發表
我都認同你但漏咗啲野囉

唔好咁完美主義啦!您都話世界唔完美啦!更何況我只是一個平凡人,將就下,得唔得?
作者: traeh    時間: 11-10-6 18:17

原帖由 samuel123321 於 11-10-6 18:14 發表
得我錯我唔會你

點解你d post都係出完一陣就delete?好難follow到你思路,了解你意見播。
作者: traeh    時間: 11-10-6 18:20

恭喜超版!你地同囡囡係咪最想入讀呢間?或者最想讀嗰間,幾時先有結果?

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 17:07 發表

I cannot tell you how these teachers differentiate the children, for each school in particular.

So we applied for the less popular choices (well not by intention to only select less popular ones, b ...

作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 18:27

原帖由 samuel123321 於 11-10-6 18:16 發表
我都係呃吓post

好明顯,我做版務時已發覺!

咁你介唔介意我分割開你D"............"回復?老實講,真有少少...... 不如您下次PM樓主啦。

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 18:29 編輯 ]
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 18:32

原帖由 traeh 於 11-10-6 18:20 發表
恭喜超版!你地同囡囡係咪最想入讀呢間?或者最想讀嗰間,幾時先有結果?

Thank you but the one we like the most, probably need to wait until June next year.

But we learn a lot more about this school through the interview process, plus information from the info-session.  So, will have another discussions with our daughter first.
作者: samuel123321    時間: 11-10-6 18:35

作者: w_y    時間: 11-10-6 18:45

恭喜.
不過 N 無人士都一定有些 quality 係學校要的, 只係無量化出來俾家長知而已!
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 18:49

原帖由 小曳人 於 11-10-6 17:47 發表

haha~ 無喇無喇,兩個夠哂數喇!
你有無男女校嘅經驗可以分享呀?定係3間都係女校?

aiya, missed you again!  I think you know the reason lar!  

This one is girls-only.  The coming two are majority girls, do you mind?  It's not difficult to guess what kind of schools I will apply.  Just check what are the sisters organizations related to the one I attended.
作者: anita2904    時間: 11-10-6 18:49

Ian Congratulation!!
雖然仲有幾年先考小學,但我已經感覺到競爭越來越大,壓力都同樣增加,希望到時都可以好似你咁,為囡囡搵到適合佢o既學校
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 18:52

原帖由 pandabonita 於 11-10-6 16:47 發表
congrats ian!

我數過你個post入面有八個'無'字,咁你名附其實做了'八無'la, haha. (sorry, bad joke)

留番俾我老婆第時俾人叫'八無'(伯母)!
作者: 獅子狗    時間: 11-10-6 19:00

恭喜哂...妳就好啦咁快知結果,好大支強心針;好羨慕哦 ~
可憐既我十劃都未有一撇... 好愁 T.T''
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 19:27

原帖由 w_y 於 11-10-6 18:45 發表
恭喜.
不過 N 無人士都一定有些 quality 係學校要的, 只係無量化出來俾家長知而已!

It's a pity the norm of the society nowadays is on quantity rather than quality.  But that doesn't mean everyone have to follow that.  
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 19:28

原帖由 anita2904 於 11-10-6 18:49 發表
Ian Congratulation!!
雖然仲有幾年先考小學,但我已經感覺到競爭越來越大,壓力都同樣增加,希望到時都可以好似你咁,為囡囡搵到適合佢o既學校

Thanks and it would take the efforts.  It's really not easy but shouldn't give up too soon.  It's a long road ahead for us to stay together and support each other!
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-6 19:30     標題: 回復 64# 獅子狗 的帖子

Add oil!
作者: biebiewu    時間: 11-10-6 19:39

原帖由 iantsang 於 6/10/2011 02:29 PM 發表
除了無奬、無証書、無個人檔案之外:

我 ...

恭喜恭喜 ^^
作者: 小曳人    時間: 11-10-6 21:35

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 18:49 發表

aiya, missed you again!  I think you know the reason lar!  

This one is girls-only.  The coming two are majority girls, do you mind?  It's not difficult to guess what kind of schools I will app ...

其實,阿仔一而再同我講,佢唔想讀男校!
如果佢入女多男少嘅學校,我怕d老師同女同學都瘋狂
不過~ 你講女多男少,都好易估~
作者: lojo11    時間: 11-10-6 22:05

我個仔今年7月叩門成功(津校), 我地有做個人檔案, 呢個係學校要求, 佢地都係想了解個小朋友多D... 其他CERT, 一張都無, 不過佢都有學課外活動..

因為收生把尺間間小學都唔同, 有時家長都係跟據校方的要求而為小朋友作出某D安排... 身不由已...

愛, 培養, 教導都係好重要... 我好感激呀仔嘅幼稚園及老師, 幫左佢唔少...

各位家長, 加油...
作者: p_hsy    時間: 11-10-6 22:50

Ian, you are our role model!
作者: edea    時間: 11-10-6 23:13

Ian說得好好. 和我的理念都是相近的.

從不想要女兒學這學那, 為了一張張certificate來裝飾profile. 或許是幸運之神眷顧, 至今女兒都有好學校錄取, 面試時真的沒有profile, 也沒有certificates.....

愛閱讀, 就閱讀. 愛彈琴, 就學琴. 暫時我覺得足夠了.
作者: LingChiBaBa    時間: 11-10-7 00:38

墨版近排咁忙都得閒過嚟EK 八吓。

Ian,好開心你帶D正能量俾大家。其實當年開始上嚟EK,唔知道係得定係失。無錯,喺度會得有唔少資訊,但同時間又多咗唔同嘅壓力。家長們要解開選校嘅心魔其實唔容易。
作者: per    時間: 11-10-7 01:35

恭喜恭喜!!
作者: wing    時間: 11-10-7 02:16

樓主 , 相信你囡囡一定係好乖好叻既小朋友.

我亞女係一個非常慢熱既小朋友. 但若單睇待人接物, 禮貌, 我對亞女有絕對既信心, 但都係擔心考唔到心儀既小學.  係因為對學校無信心, 唔係怕佢地教得唔好, 只係覺得學校對家庭背景都睇得好重姐.

[ 本帖最後由 wing 於 11-10-7 02:19 編輯 ]
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 08:51

原帖由 lojo11 於 11-10-6 22:05 發表
我個仔今年7月叩門成功(津校), 我地有做個人檔案, 呢個係學校要求, 佢地都係想了解個小朋友多D... 其他CERT, 一張都無, 不過佢都有學課外活動..

因為收生把尺間間小學都唔同, 有時家長都係跟據校方的要求而為小朋 ...

First of all, congratulations to your son of being admitted earlier this year and I wish he enjoys his new school life.

Actually, there is nothing wrong of preparing the personal profile, if the parents agree this is the appropriate approach.  It's because the action itself is in line with how the schools would like to look at their students.  So, if parents think this is appropriate, then it is totally suitable to do so.

Especially for the case of 叩門, I always think this is the suitable time to provide a personal profile.  Look at it this way, a personal profile was aimed to conclude the child's development during their 3 years of kindergarten.  What I feel that is inappropriate is during the application of private or DSS P1, basically we are talking about a shortened 2 years of school life.  This is exactly why I am uncomfortable since this would mean in order to put together a personal profile, this would mean everything got push ahead, for the purpose of putting this together, but not for the proper development of the kid.  This is what I feel sad about.

Basically, the idea of having personal profile was indeed meant for 叩門.  However, somehow some people feel the sooner the better and started to follow the same during P1 applications.  Soon, everyone are forced to follow, and here comes the massive wave of demands for such business opportunities.  I understand this is difficult, but as human, the most fortunate and thankful gift we have, is choice.

All the best!

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-10-7 08:52 編輯 ]
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 09:19

原帖由 edea 於 11-10-6 23:13 發表
Ian說得好好. 和我的理念都是相近的.

從不想要女兒學這學那, 為了一張張certificate來裝飾profile. 或許是幸運之神眷顧, 至今女兒都有好學校錄取, 面試時真的沒有profile, 也沒有certificates.....

愛閱讀, 就閱 ...

Thanks edea!

All I want to say is, parents shouldn't rely on these physical documents to represent what kind of person their children are.  They are meant to be for reference only.  At the end, it is the education that goes inside of the children that is important.
作者: bb86    時間: 11-10-7 09:28

congratulations!!
作者: spmok1999    時間: 11-10-7 09:37

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 18:32 發表

Thank you but the one we like the most, probably need to wait until June next year.

But we learn a lot more about this school through the interview process, plus information from the info-session.  ...

聖x始終是你的至愛, 若女拔有機還是會考慮的...

作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 09:53

原帖由 p_hsy 於 11-10-6 22:50 發表
Ian, you are our role model!

Thank you very much for the compliment but I am afraid I am just a regular parent like everyone here.

We are here to look after for each other and so, this is what everyone here are doing like I do.
作者: edea    時間: 11-10-7 09:56

原帖由 LingChiBaBa 於 11-10-7 00:38 發表
墨版近排咁忙都得閒過嚟EK 八吓。

Ian,好開心你帶D正能量俾大家。其實當年開始上嚟EK,唔知道係得定係失。無錯,喺度會得有唔少資訊,但同時間又多咗唔同嘅壓力。家長們要解開選校嘅心魔其實唔容易。 ...

呵呵, 基本上我每日都入教育版幾次, 特別係小一選校版, 小學雜談版及學校情報版. 最近是報名及面試的高峰期, 仍有很多資料未放入學校情報版, 奈何最近正是多事之秋, 實在兼顧不了, 目標仍然是盡快加入更多學校的開放日及申請日期入學校情報版.
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 09:56

原帖由 LingChiBaBa 於 11-10-7 00:38 發表
墨版近排咁忙都得閒過嚟EK 八吓。

Ian,好開心你帶D正能量俾大家。其實當年開始上嚟EK,唔知道係得定係失。無錯,喺度會得有唔少資訊,但同時間又多咗唔同嘅壓力。家長們要解開選校嘅心魔其實唔容易。 ...

Hi LingChiBaBa,

It's been a while!

I agree with you.  This forum is just marvelous with so much information being shared.  But with the overload of information, it is also difficult for anyone to comprehend.  Turns out, you might just need a even bigger efforts to understand all these information.

And true like you said, it just bring even more peer pressure to the parents who already are a bit lost.  Just hope everyone can be more supportive here, then we can all have a better future for our next generation.

Good luck to us all!

Ian
作者: Pigbaby    時間: 11-10-7 09:57

Ian,
多謝你分享....你係一個好成功例子...好值得我地學習....那你覺的成功關件除了面試表現之外....無cert profile你如何表達出你倆對囡囡關愛!
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 10:03

原帖由 wing 於 11-10-7 02:16 發表
樓主 , 相信你囡囡一定係好乖好叻既小朋友.

我亞女係一個非常慢熱既小朋友. 但若單睇待人接物, 禮貌, 我對亞女有絕對既信心, 但都係擔心考唔到心儀既小學.  係因為對學校無信心, 唔係怕佢地教得唔好, 只係覺得學校 ...

Thank you for my daughter but I hope she knows she can do better everyday.

Sometimes, as I reminded other parents before, it is a two-way process.  If some schools have such way to differentiate their students, by following their concepts and submit the information they wanted, this implies that you agree with the philosophy of this school.  So, there are plenty of schools, and really there are lots of good schools.

Just to share some more.  As much as I don't believe in the central allocation, exactly the evening before I received our first letter, I was actually browsing through all the gov't aided schools in our school net.  I thought it may be time that I should start considering what schools may fit my daughter and I think there are choices available.  Of course, religion is an issue for us but I have already started to think what we can do to overcome this.  So, there are always choices, just don't limit ourselves.
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 10:11

原帖由 spmok1999 於 11-10-7 09:37 發表

聖x始終是你的至愛, 若女拔有機還是會考慮的...

女拔?  It's not even in our short-listed of schools being considered.    We didn't apply to neither DGJS nor SPCCPS, in case this is a question you or others may have in mind.

Based on my observation of my daughter during interviews, from the outside, probably she may have a good chance of being selected.  However, she would not enjoy it from the inside.  Six or even twelve years of school life take a lot more than surviving the interviews.  Being admitted doesn't mean the child suits this school, it simple means the school believe the child suits them.  There is a slight difference there.  
作者: edea    時間: 11-10-7 10:13

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-7 09:19 發表

Thanks edea!

All I want to say is, parents shouldn't rely on these physical documents to represent what kind of person their children are.  They are meant to be for reference only.  At the end, it  ...

打理組班專區時記得見到有些帖子, 是組意大利文班, 德文班等, 組班對象是幼稚園生.

其實我比較相信是裝作組班招攬幼兒, 亦同時想, 是否有此需要? 回覆的家長是真的想孩子學會此兩種外語? 還是純粹為孩子的portfolio增添更多cerficate?

我自己沒有打算短期內讓孩子往外國升學, 所以亦不會讓她學習不常用到的外語, 因為學了又怎樣? 不常用, 三個月後已經完全還給老師.

家長是否應該仔細思考, 孩子喜歡什麼, 對什麼有興趣, 再在這方面去栽培, 是讓孩子去enjoy學習過程, 而非每個周末充塞大量各式各樣的興趣班, 美其名是讓孩子探索其潛能, 實際上, 孩子是滿足家長意願去參與.

我聽過一個例子, 有個家長, 聽別人講enopi好啊, 就讓孩子參加enopi, 接進又聽說其他家長說珠心算好啊, 又報名; 再聽其他家長說奧數不錯啊, 又趕忙報名. 事實上, 該家長完全不知道enopi是什麼, 奧數是什麼, 反正人有我有, 付得起錢, 別輸蝕了.

對我來說是tragedy, 他的孩子就在沒有方向的父母手中團團轉.
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 10:15

原帖由 Pigbaby 於 11-10-7 09:57 發表
Ian,
多謝你分享....你係一個好成功例子...好值得我地學習....那你覺的成功關件除了面試表現之外....無cert profile你如何表達出你倆對囡囡關愛!

Sorry as I mentioned before, really this is not a matter of being successfully admitted.  All I want to say is all these factors should be part of the education of the children.  So, they should have all gone inside of her.  I don't need to (and don't want to) express that as a parent.  If I have done so, then I am a helicopter parent.  As parents all I can do is to love her everyday as much as I can.  Her future is on her own, and she has to walk the path by herself.
作者: edea    時間: 11-10-7 10:18

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-7 10:11 發表

女拔?  It's not even in our short-listed of schools being considered.    We didn't apply to neither DGJS nor SPCCPS, in case this is a question you or others may have in m ...

要有Ian兄的定力 有清晰的方向, 十分了解女兒, 為女兒尋找合適的學校, 而不是為女兒尋找有名氣的學校, 重點是讓女兒有最佳的發揮. 最重要是孩子和學校不是錯配.
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 10:27

原帖由 edea 於 11-10-7 09:56 發表

呵呵, 基本上我每日都入教育版幾次, 特別係小一選校版, 小學雜談版及學校情報版. 最近是報名及面試的高峰期, 仍有很多資料未放入學校情報版, 奈何最近正是多事之秋, 實在兼顧不了, 目標仍然是盡快加入更多學校的開 ...

辛苦哂,大家分工合作啦!
作者: ANChan59    時間: 11-10-7 10:31     標題: 回復 67# iantsang 的帖子

Ian

"Sometimes, as I reminded other parents before, it is a two-way process.  If some schools have such way to differentiate their students, by following their concepts and submit the information they wanted, this implies that you agree with the philosophy of this school.  So, there are plenty of schools, and really there are lots of good schools."

I echoed your view, not even primary, same for secondary and university in studying.

BTW, I learnt this from my son when he was interviewed by LPCUWC. After the selection process, he discovered the school not fit his character.

ANChan59
作者: spmok1999    時間: 11-10-7 10:42

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-7 10:11 發表

女拔?  It's not even in our short-listed of schools being considered.    We didn't apply to neither DGJS nor SPCCPS, in case this is a question you or others may have in m ...

大家的想法都有所不同, 但最終目的都是為女兒好, 盡可能不會強迫女子學或參與一些她沒有與趣或不必要的興趣班或課程, 將來還有很長的路要行, 繼續努力...

作者: gwlam    時間: 11-10-7 10:49

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 16:53 發表

Sorry did you mean my wife is a full-time housewife?

What I also didn't mention before, is that not just her who are with the kids all the time.  I have also stayed home to work most of the time in ...

Congrats Ian.

I totally agreed with your point that it is most important and previous to treasure more time with the kids at this stage.  My husband is also a full time dad.  It's so valuable to spend every minute with the kids.  Time flies and hard to chase back.
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 11:19

原帖由 edea 於 11-10-7 10:13 發表
......家長是否應該仔細思考, 孩子喜歡什麼, 對什麼有興趣, 再在這方面去栽培, 是讓孩子去enjoy學習過程, 而非每個周末充塞大量各式各樣的興趣班, 美其名是讓孩子探索其潛能, 實際上, 孩子是滿足家長意願去參與.  ...

Agree and this is also what we do.  All the classes that our daughter is taking, are all initiated by herself.  By taking it a step further, we always have this cool-off period between her suggestions, and the actual application of these courses.  So, during this period, we can let her observe and understand more what these classes are about.  It is also a good learning process.

Also found many parents are giving classes to children for areas they didn't have a chance to learn when they are young......  for the kids, anything new is fun, but then you missed out a critical part for them to develop their own talents.
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 11:21     標題: 回復 71# edea 的帖子

edea,

I guess you know me better than myself now!   still learning!  Add oil together!
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 11:28     標題: 回復 73# ANChan59 的帖子

Hi ANChan59,

I am flattered!  For us, there is still a long road ahead even though we are just talking about them in schools.  There are still plenty of things that they have to face themselves in the future.  So, all we can do is get them prepared.

Very much appreciated your response.

Ian
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 11:32

原帖由 gwlam 於 11-10-7 10:49 發表

Congrats Ian.

I totally agreed with your point that it is most important and previous to treasure more time with the kids at this stage.  My husband is also a full time dad.  It's so valuable to s ...

Thank you.

I still can't consider myself as a full time dad!  I am only fortunate to have put myself into a profession that working remotely is possible.  Of course there are still a lot involved to make this happen.

If possible, of course it would be ideal to spend every minutes with them but that is still a luxury to our family.  At the end, just like most families, the parents still have to make a living.  But I do believe that money isn't everything.  So that's how we can make the difficult decision.

Thank you for sharing!
作者: kat0318    時間: 11-10-7 12:10

很高興見到有正能量的帖子.
人總會有迷失方向的時候, 真的需要一些正面的信息帶我們回歸正途.
作者: traeh    時間: 11-10-7 12:54

原帖由 edea 於 11-10-7 10:13 發表

打理組班專區時記得見到有些帖子, 是組意大利文班, 德文班等, 組班對象是幼稚園生.

其實我比較相信是裝作組班招攬幼兒, 亦同時想, 是否有此需要? 回覆的家長是真的想孩子學會此兩種外語? 還是純粹為孩子的portfo ...

有時候,父母未必想盲從附和,他們也有方向,就是想給小朋友最好的。可是,怎樣才是最好?但幾歲人仔,有時連父母也未必摸得透甚麼才對他們最好,於是,人家說好的,就給他們試試,希望最終摸出一條路。

像Ian說,讓子女選擇他們所喜愛的活動,而非由父母安排。若小朋友甚麼都有興趣,又怎麼辦呢?都讓他們去試一試吧,但這又變成沒有方向,小朋友也變成周身刀卻無張利。

究竟要不要及早為他們認清目標,磨利一、兩張刀?還是讓他們一直依喜好自由發展?
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 13:05

原帖由 traeh 於 11-10-7 12:54 發表

有時候,父母未必想盲從附和,他們也有方向,就是想給小朋友最好的。可是,怎樣才是最好?但幾歲人仔,有時連父母也未必摸得透甚麼才對他們最好,於是,人家說好的,就給他們試試,希望最終摸出一條路。

像Ian說,讓子女選擇他們所喜愛 ...

Hi traeh,

I think this is an interesting topic.  Let me try to stay with the topic of this thread, to provide some of my views.

Sorry it really has been a lot of things that go on with us everyday so I won't be able to share all the bits and pieces.  When I said I will let the child choose, do you notice I also mentioned there is a cool-off period?  As an adult, what we can help them is to understand what it takes to develop this interest.

Just for example, if a child likes to play piano, then they will need to develop a good musical sense, good ear (to pick up the right tone) and good fingers control and movement (the little muscles).  It's an education for both the child and the parent, that is there are things you need to do well, before you do the next thing.  So, I would prefer them to do it a step at a time.  So, I won't jump into piano and I make her to take general music class instead.  Let her hear more sounds and practice her fingers' control.  And I keep reminding her to know there are plenty of musical instruments and let them experience the other options.  Once she is ready, then she can learn the next thing.

More to that, I have a limit of courses she can attend at one time.  So she also need to learn the demands cannot be fulfilled without limits.  So she can also learn to prioritize and choose.  I think this is something many parents like me are still learning!

Ian

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-10-7 16:29 編輯 ]
作者: Calandbaby    時間: 11-10-7 18:13

請問版主為女兒選了哪四間名校面試?你女兒現時就讀哪一間小學?
作者: samuel123321    時間: 11-10-7 23:17

作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-7 23:27

原帖由 samuel123321 於 11-10-7 23:17 發表
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2146170 望一望,時勢際遇,運數,03,04,05同現在升小一差不多一倍人數,學校多咗選揀還會好似以前咁少要求,只不過想帶出時代不停轉孌時勢迫人早幾年一定輕鬆過現在!!!還有學習水準高咗家長亦在教育方面又高咗你話邊有得攞晒以前啲嘢及方法比較,只不過你有行過見到果,但好難同現在俾

Although I am not very sure what you wanna say, at least keeping the record of your post before it disappear!
作者: 仕澄母    時間: 11-10-7 23:30

我覺得坂主,可能同時代脫節。你們看一看,今年所有直資同私校都人山人海,當校方有得選擇時,他會選最好的學生。每個申請表都是形式,那麼個人檔案便是學校選人的手段,當然要看一看申請人是不是跟檔案一樣,這是市場主導
作者: samuel123321    時間: 11-10-7 23:38

作者: 仕澄母    時間: 11-10-8 00:29

當我個仔見完三間不同類型的學校後,全部都REJECT時,我們都知道兒子出了什麼問題連後補都無而我們都是三無人仕。音X同優X根本得十分鐘同你及仔女見面,你話他們會用什麼選擇?
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-8 00:37

原帖由 仕澄母 於 11-10-7 23:30 發表
我覺得坂主,可能同時代脫節。你們看一看,今年所有直資同私校都人山人海,當校方有得選擇時,他會選最好的學生。每個申請表都是形式,那麼個人檔案便是學校選人的手段,當然要看一看申請人是不是跟檔案一樣,這是市場主導 ...

Thank you very much for your sharing and inputs.

I guess I don't comment how out-dated I am concerning Hong Kong education.

Basically I have witnessed when personal profile was still not a common thing, and yes, I had saw many successful cases who have prepared it in the proper manner and proper timing.

I am certainly aware of the birth rate in the past 10 years, and have keep track with the trend closely.

And really, I am not saying personal profile is totally useless.  There are schools which will indeed use it as reference for their decisions.  But I can tell you for sure, that there are schools which won't look at them at all.  There are schools which concern of characters over ability, so they would need to observe the children through the interviews.  Unfortunately these schools who are the real educators, often time cannot produce the best academic results to suit the taste of parents nowadays.

Most parents nowadays would prefer famous schools and those who can delivered good results.  So, it make sense for these schools to choose the students with the best potential.  This is the simple demand and supply theory.  It makes the total sense.  So, by applying to these schools, you ought to follow their rules of their games, and i.e., work hard to prepare the profile.

Quite frankly, I would suggest you to do some more homework to understand the kind of schools you have applied so that will increase the chances for your son.

I wish you and your son the best of luck!
作者: edea    時間: 11-10-8 00:46

仕澄母:

恕未能認同,很多學校看的是臨場表現,老實講坊間很多所謂証書都是金錢潮換來,學校根本不會認真。

女拔校長都言明,不需要交portfolio,學校看的是臨場表現。

反之我認為花錢參加一大堆課外活動以求証書再花錢裝飾portfolio才真正落伍了 -  學校要怎樣的學生,並不是在紙上找的。人是活的,紙張是死物,答案並不在幾張紙上找到。

言行有禮,談吐有自信,學校正正喜歡此類學生,錄取機會亦是較高的一群。

[ 本帖最後由 edea 於 11-10-8 00:49 編輯 ]
作者: samuel123321    時間: 11-10-8 00:47

作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-8 00:53

原帖由 samuel123321 於 11-10-8 00:47 發表
除非唔讀名校,但現在時勢個個小朋友都周身刀,今時今曰連一間無咁出名的公立小學一年級都已經教乘數,可況名校點會再揀"伯母"學生,名校比賽唔通找伯母出場,最後你又要小朋友學,咁你係校長你都揀有刀在身唔通等你慢慢學咩 ...

原帖由 samuel123321 於 11-10-8 00:47 發表 除非唔讀名校,但現在時勢個個小朋友都周身刀,今時今曰連一間無咁出名的公立小學一年級都已經教乘數,可況名校點會再揀"伯母"學生,名校比賽唔通找伯母出場,最後你又要小朋友學,咁你係校長你都揀有刀在身唔通等你慢慢學咩,現實就係現實,校長在公眾埸合會講真心說話?無叻人咁邊個幫學校攞獎,無成績點出名

I am sorry but I think you missed my very very first post.  I am not talking about 名校.  I don't need my daughter to study in a school because it is a 名校.  Out of the 500 something local primary schools, I just need one that is suitable for her, just one which can provide her "real education".  Of course this is just my personal choice.  If other parents would think 名校 is their target then as I said before, you would have to follow their expectation.  I think this is pretty clear, right?

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-10-8 01:03 編輯 ]
作者: edea    時間: 11-10-8 00:54

真的嗎?學得多真的會周身刀張張利?幾歲小人兒,學多一點只是在起跑線走快兩步,若說會精通一技實難以相信。每個小朋友潛質有異,但談吐往往很易領會到小朋友是否smart的一類。
作者: edea    時間: 11-10-8 00:57

補充:我女都係乜活動都冇學,佢被優X錄取左....
作者: samuel123321    時間: 11-10-8 00:58

作者: samuel123321    時間: 11-10-8 01:00

作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-8 01:05

原帖由 samuel123321 於 11-10-8 00:58 發表
睇會無睇,

Again, this is for the sake of capturing your post in CASE you delete again.

Anyway, it is always welcome to express ideas and feelings.

However, if possible, please kindly provide your comments in proper sentence structure with proper punctuation for others to understand.  I think this would be really helpful.  Thank you!

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-10-8 01:18 編輯 ]
作者: edea    時間: 11-10-8 01:06

錄取之後,我個女幾年都成績跟到平均分,有愉快學習,同我地當初要求一致,即係唔係錯配,我地覺得滿足呀。
作者: edea    時間: 11-10-8 01:09

再者錄取同成功無關,關鍵係小朋友同學校係咪錯配。每個小朋友都應該享受學習,並唔會因為跟唔上而失去自信。
作者: iantsang    時間: 11-10-8 01:13

原帖由 samuel123321 於 11-10-8 01:00 發表

被取錄就代表你得代表你成功?短短十幾二十分鐘,還有續份做未回得切,還有你好彩你咁講真係令全港付出過勞力的家長而傷心

Is this final?  Consider you have edited it twice already, I think you have made your points loud and clear.

Nice chatting, have a wonderful weekend!  Good night!

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5