教育王國

標題: DGJS interview content [打印本頁]

作者: truthmr99    時間: 11-10-8 18:41     標題: DGJS interview content

Hi parents, DGJS interview was finished these two days.  Can your kids share the interview contents?
作者: my_baby    時間: 11-10-8 19:45

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: YLMom    時間: 11-10-8 20:11

My girl said :

1. Listen to the story told by the teacher in Cantonese, then answer some questions by circling on the work sheet

2. Use puzzles to form the designated shape within a time limit

3. Follow the teacher to read an English poem (all kids together) with actions and then answer an English question on the work sheet

4. There are 7 fishes in the tank, and after 4 are taken out, how many are left in the tank?  (circle the no. of fishes)

5.  Six children are going to a party.  Each should have a flower.  There are 4 flowers.  Draw the remaining required flowers.

6.  Find the different one among a no. of items.

Anyone can share?
作者: CandyTheMom    時間: 11-10-8 20:38

YLMom,

Your daughter is amazing! Mine just said they read a poem together and worked on three worksheets, and that was it!
作者: headmama    時間: 11-10-8 20:52

原地跳高過膝頭一百下.
作者: ms.bead    時間: 11-10-8 20:54

原帖由 CandyTheMom 於 11-10-8 20:38 發表
YLMom,

Your daughter is amazing! Mine just said they read a poem together and worked on three worksheets, and that was it!

係呀,我個女都係話填worksheet同eng poem,冇做其他野…?
佢話入左兩間房,每間房有兩個老師,有老師用英文
作者: YLMom    時間: 11-10-8 21:02     標題: 回復 2# headmama 的帖子

Are you joking headmama?
作者: CandyTheMom    時間: 11-10-8 21:08

ms.bead,

No, I mean my daughter did say they did a lot of different things e.g. drawing, puzzles but she forgot all the details.
作者: headmama    時間: 11-10-8 21:10

原帖由 YLMom 於 11-10-8 21:02 發表
Are you joking headmama?

你可以問下囡囡先啦. 我見我囡囡出黎時成身都濕晒. 佢話見到好多小朋友跳一兩下就唔肯跳.

我見個indoor game hall都起得好靚, 我估呂拔都好注重sports.
作者: ccfa_hp    時間: 11-10-8 21:16

原地跳高過膝頭一百下, 一百下 ??
作者: happyqueen    時間: 11-10-8 21:22

一路以來只是上親子王國看有關小一選校的資料,係時候講番女兒到女拔面試的資料比大家分享。
首先一組十人由大姐姐帶領行了很多樓梯級,上到一間應該是美術室的課室因女兒話牆上掛了很多漂亮的圖畫,有素描。然後老師入內,要求她們站立跟老師唱岀一首朱古力雪糕像泥的英詩要做埋動作。
然後另外一位老師入內派工作紙,紙上己貼上她們英文名字及號碼,要她們寫中文名字。紙上應該有一條數學題,有關送7朵花送給7條魚,紙上己有4朵花,要畫上3朵花及一條找不同題目,有3件衫,1對襪及1盒提子汁,要圈出不同的東西。
另外1個老師入內要她們用七巧板但沒有板砌出和老師一樣的圖案。
然後另外1個老師入內說1個貓捉老鼠的故事。關於曳老鼠吃東西每次只吃一口,而老鼠飲了整支花生油太飽走不動被貓足了。然後做一張關於這個故事的工作紙。
大家留意,上述是由一個五歲多的小孩面試後第二天早上講出來的。好!報告完畢!
作者: YLMom    時間: 11-10-8 21:24     標題: 回復 2# headmama 的帖子

I have asked my girl but she said there was no such sporty exercise.

When did your girl have the interview?

I guess the school won't ask them to do such sporty thing because the kids were not asked to dress in sportive clothing.  Actually most kids wear quite formally, with nice dress and leather shoes.

Any other parents can share?
作者: YLMom    時間: 11-10-8 21:36     標題: 回復 2# happyqueen 的帖子

Yes, happyqueen, very similar to my girl's description.  Which day and which time slot did your girl go to?

The poem is called "Since Hannah Moved Away", and the question on the worksheet about the poem was : who moved away?

The last question of the mouse story is : who is actually silly?  I guess it should be the mouse who eats too much, but my girl answered "the cat".

:(
作者: CandyTheMom    時間: 11-10-8 21:36

勁勁勁! Your daughter articulate so well. You should be very proud of her, and that means, she understood all questions and could answer!
作者: 330    時間: 11-10-8 21:42

1.老師說了一個故事,並將問題及紙上的A-D答案讀一遍,考生需圈出正確答案
(故事內容是一隻公雞爸爸要去探病,於是叮囑小公雞在太陽出來時叫醒農場的動物,可是小公雞看見月亮和星星就誤以為天亮,如是者好幾次都弄錯了,到太陽真的出來了,小公雞因太疲勞仍在熟睡中,到公雞趕回來時,就已經遲了,最後唯有向農場的動物道歉)

2.老師先將一首關於老鼠的英文詩讀一次,然後考生要做動作及讀那詩兩遍,考生是可以照著字照讀

3.讀畢英文詩,有一條關於兒詩內容的英文問題,考生需看懂問題自行作答,而女兒的問題就是老鼠的耳朵是什麼顏色,答案是 Pink

4.每位考生需限時將不同形狀砌出蝙蝠圖案

5.在紙上圈出不同類的物件

6.公公買了七條魚給孫女,家中的魚缸已有五條魚,女兒說考生需在圖中多畫七條魚
(我相信女兒錯誤理解這題目,或許老師是說魚缸有五條魚,應多畫多少條魚才是七條魚)

[ 本帖最後由 330 於 11-10-8 21:44 編輯 ]
作者: truthmr99    時間: 11-10-8 22:21

Hi 330,

My girl may be in the same session as yours. She told me the same set of questions.
作者: truthmr99    時間: 11-10-8 22:21

But she also told me for session 1, she has one mistake. ai... but don't know how she can tell...
作者: 330    時間: 11-10-8 22:22     標題: 回復 2# truthmr99 的帖子

但數學題目是怎樣呢?
作者: truthmr99    時間: 11-10-8 22:31

330, i think your understanding is right...2 more fishes.
作者: ccfa_hp    時間: 11-10-8 22:33

No, I think 7 more fishes is the correct answer according to the question.
作者: 330    時間: 11-10-8 22:34     標題: 回復 1# truthmr99 的帖子

沒錯..無理由出一條咁淺的數學題..
作者: 330    時間: 11-10-8 22:36     標題: 回復 2# ccfa_hp 的帖子

問題是我估女兒理解錯了老師的問題,所以才會這樣說給我知道囉!!
作者: SHERMEN    時間: 11-10-8 22:36

作者: truthmr99    時間: 11-10-8 22:42

ccfa_hp and 330,
yes, i think you are right...sound more logicial.... ai... another question wrong... no chance!
作者: joeyxlma    時間: 11-10-8 22:44

oh my god... your's are quite different with what my girl told me except that there is a poem (but it was about a Kite fly to the sky to meet a bird, cloud, aeroplane etc.)... She did not mention about the 七巧板, sport or tell a story in Chinese etc...
作者: ms.bead    時間: 11-10-8 23:45

原帖由 happyqueen 於 11-10-8 21:22 發表
一路以來只是上親子王國看有關小一選校的資料,係時候講番女兒到女拔面試的資料比大家分享。
首先一組十人由大姐姐帶領行了很多樓梯級,上到一間應該是美術室的課室因女兒話牆上掛了很多漂亮的圖畫,有素描。然後老師入內, ...

嘩!你個囡囡好叻! 原本我個女話冇咩野做, 但係我睇完你篇野問佢, 佢就話係! 相信你的女兒就是dgjs想要的人, 祝你得到一個學位...
重攪笑就係呀女頭先同我講, 條問題佢有d明有d唔明, 於是佢就亂咁答, 吹脹!
作者: mrnosey    時間: 11-10-9 00:03

作者: AtoZ    時間: 11-10-9 00:35     標題: 回復 25# joeyxlma 的帖子

Hi Joeyxlma,

The Eng Poem that my girl told me is the same as your girl's. They recitated the poem and then did the action accordingly. She said there was a question asking "What did the kite say to the bird". She didn't know and she told the teacher. Worksheets that she did are with questions about find a different object, circling the objects of the same category etc. Teacher told a chinese story about "丁丁唔見左頂帽", then answer questions in worksheet. Lastly, she said she played with wooden blocks and made a tower.  That's all.
作者: headmama    時間: 11-10-9 00:41

my daughter had interview on 7/10.
作者: Muspiano    時間: 11-10-9 00:51

小女的版本:

姐姐帶佢地一組10人,入左一間掛左好多圖畫的課室,跟自己APPLICATION NO 順序一人一個坐位.有2位老師

1) 聽故事圈答案:故事內容大概係關於動物園,有隻大象,佢有多好朋友(其中一個係兔仔).大象好堅強而且樂於助人,有一次,小鹿唔小心跌左落河,大象好勇敢的救左小鹿.

其中一條問題: 大象救左邊個?
小女話第一題聽唔切,是但圈左一個答案

2)企响自己個位隔離,跟老師一邊唱一首英詩,一邊做動作。題目:Daddy is making dinnner
問題: Who is making dinner?

3)數學題: 答題紙上有5個兔仔氣球响度,老師問:依家媽媽攞左3個,剩返幾多個? 圈出餘下的數量

4)用七巧板砌出指定圖案,圖形類似係一座塔.

5)响答案紙上已貼上的LABEL有APPLICATION NO 及英文名,响隔離寫自己中文名

老師話做完就"卜"低响枱面

[ 本帖最後由 Muspiano 於 11-10-10 12:49 編輯 ]
作者: Ewongmum    時間: 11-10-9 04:41

hello all mummies

I refer to muspiano mum, my daugther told me more or less the same as yours.  At last she told me, when finished, the teacher asked them to take a rest and rest with arms on the desk. I thought she was kidding.   I was upset with her, and I said to her, how would teacher asked you to rest on the desk.  she insisted it was the teacher's instruction.  So when i see that instruction to confirm she was right.
作者: kochiman2004    時間: 11-10-9 06:53     標題: 回復 30# Muspiano 的帖子

... mix the "fruits" ...  the "fruits" into  mouth ... "SALAD" ...
作者: BigMac16    時間: 11-10-9 07:22

After read through all your feedbacks, I think the interview format is similar but the content of each time slot will be slightly different...... For our case, the poem is about daddy cooking, maths=count missing cups etc.
Anyway, thanks for 大方分享題目及過程,因為起碼知道小朋友有冇亂講一通吖!
More, 到底有冇2nd interview呢?佢比張紙話21Dec有result 喎.......
作者: cccmum    時間: 11-10-9 08:35

My girl did not tell me the details of the interview, but she could tell me the whole story she has listened.  I already thought that it was amazing.

Before the interview, I saw a girl crying and screaming and asking her mum to go.  I am pity for the mum.  
作者: yy0601    時間: 11-10-9 08:46     標題: 回復 28# AtoZ 的帖子

Hi AtoZ,
The poem is about Five little kites and the answer should be "Hi". My daughter just recalled the poem & told me this morning.
作者: cutebear123    時間: 11-10-9 11:05

For DGJS, is it impossible to change the date and some chidren have not yet taken the interview, right?   But for KTS, I know that one kid may be able to take interview as reported to the KTS due to sick.
作者: kyliema2006    時間: 11-10-9 11:13

The daughter said the poem is about fish and candies.
作者: headmama    時間: 11-10-9 11:16

my daughter said the question for academic is largely similar of you. but at the end the teacher asked any children would like to jump.  if some raise their hand, they would go to another room to jump.  Other children would stay in the room and wait.
作者: angeemama    時間: 11-10-9 13:12

My daughter mentioned more or less the same content as yours!  For the blocks, she said the teacher asked them to use them to make something n my girl made a Christmas tree!  The teacher said very good!
Chinese story was about bear n ants using leave as shading for sun!  English poem was "My friend Julie" She told me the whole poem very fluently!
作者: blueroselam    時間: 11-10-9 15:52

原帖由 angeemama 於 11-10-9 13:12 發表
My daughter mentioned more or less the same content as yours!  For the blocks, she said the teacher asked them to use them to make something n my girl made a Christmas tree!  The teacher said very goo ...

same as my daughter!!
作者: gifthoney    時間: 11-10-9 16:54

Did your daughter mention the question on the worksheet about the poem?  Could she do it?  I heard from my friend that it was rather difficult and many girls did not know how to do it.  And some said that the teacher did not allow them to think too long ....
作者: cutebear123    時間: 11-10-9 17:03     標題: 回復 9# BigMac16 的帖子

The poem is same as your daughter mentioned as it is related to Daddy's making... (instead of cooking), right?
作者: blueblueclub    時間: 11-10-9 18:35

好肯定DGJS係我們選擇中最深的一間, 面試形式係好筆試形, 同埋係要係比較短時間內要小朋友完成工作紙

難怪既, 若果小朋友唔係呢種形, 點應付未來繁重的考試同埋壓力?

[ 本帖最後由 blueblueclub 於 11-10-9 18:37 編輯 ]
作者: BigMac16    時間: 11-10-9 20:42     標題: 回復 42# cutebear123 的帖子

Oh, my mistake再問番呀女佢話咁先啱 "Daddy's making dinner" xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Question:who is making dinner?
Answer: Daddy's(好攪笑,佢見我答緊post,仲話一定要有's喎)
作者: cutebear123    時間: 11-10-9 21:55     標題: 回復 1# BigMac16 的帖子

My daughter said that she wrote:

"Daddy is making dinner" woh.

To my heart, I am very proud of her as she is "small" girl and brave to complete all interviews in last few days.  Even though she has very low chance to earn the 2nd interview,  I think ok la (not expect too much).

But so strange, she said all interviews are easy to handle.  Maybe, she doesn't want me to have bad feeling.  Thus, I really love her so much and want to cry sometimes (like mature girl).

[ 本帖最後由 cutebear123 於 11-10-9 22:09 編輯 ]
作者: CandyTheMom    時間: 11-10-9 22:28     標題: 回復 45# cutebear123 的帖子

Yes, you should be very proud of our daughter!

What do we parents ask for at the end of the day? Not a famous school, but a child with kind heart, mature and loving spirit!
作者: spmok1999    時間: 11-10-9 23:01

去片...
http://youtu.be/KIcMZDsQey8

作者: joeyxlma    時間: 11-10-9 23:21

原帖由 AtoZ 於 11-10-9 00:35 發表
Hi Joeyxlma,

The Eng Poem that my girl told me is the same as your girl's. They recitated the poem and then did the action accordingly. She said there was a question asking "What did the kite say to  ...

My girl told me that the kite say "hi" to the bird and so she write "hi", don't know if it is correct.

She did mention that there is a story in Chinese and the teacher ask them to circle the answers. She just told me that she answers all questions on the worksheet and did not mention about the blocks...

After reading the threads here, I just wonder if my girl finish all the questions...
作者: joeyxlma    時間: 11-10-9 23:29

原帖由 BigMac16 於 11-10-9 07:22 發表
After read through all your feedbacks, I think the interview format is similar but the content of each time slot will be slightly different...... For our case, the poem is about daddy cooking, maths=c ...

Dear BigMac16

I read from other threads that it's 21 Dec refers to the final result (same notices in previous years), and there should be notification about 2nd interview around end of Oct. Don't know if it will be the same this yr.
作者: YLMom    時間: 11-10-9 23:40

It seems that the format of all sessions are the same, and it seems that the performance of most kids are more or less the same.  Do you think the school will shortlist the kids for interview solely based on this written test?

Any thinking?
作者: cutebear123    時間: 11-10-10 00:00     標題: 回復 3# joeyxlma 的帖子

Yes.  The teacher spoke one story in Chinese and asked the children to circle the correct answers in the worksheet afterwards.  The story of my daughter's group is about "one elephant with other animals".  I think different groups told different stories.

To my mind, many childrens can answer the questions correctly as my daughter said that the questions are not difficult (but I don't know whether she is telling true or not).   In this thread, it is not difficult to find that so many children can tell the questions and answer correctly.  So, I am so puzzle how to select the kids.

[ 本帖最後由 cutebear123 於 11-10-10 00:06 編輯 ]
作者: Bingb    時間: 11-10-10 01:49

作者: eocyiu    時間: 11-10-10 09:33

to all, I think DGJS has different interview's pattern for different kids.
My girl's mother language is English, she can't speak Cantonese very well, poor read or write Chinese.  I selected Mother language = English in the application form, so the interview she went thru there was just English, NO Chinese or Cantonese at all.

She said there were 3 parts

1st: teacher read a story, and question them about the story, she said something about fighting for something, so she answered "have to say sorry!!"

2nd: they gave the girls a picture paper, and then told them to "circle the box", "draw a pencil next to the ruler", etc..etc..

3rd: from what she described, I think they gave the girls 七巧板 to play, and she built a "kitten" out of it.   (so by reading other mommies' post, now I'm confirmed it was truly 七巧板)

Also, she also mentioned that the teacher asked them to rest, head on their arms after finished 七巧板.

As I noticed, the 10 girls going in with my girl, there are mostly non-chinese (鬼妹仔, 差妹仔) / non-Cantonese (because I heard the mom was telling the staff that her girl only speak English & Mandarin)

for your reference.
作者: cutebear123    時間: 11-10-10 09:46     標題: 回復 1# eocyiu 的帖子

I wrote her mother tongue is "Cantonese".  But she had mentioned the followings in the interview as well:

3rd: from what she described, I think they gave the girls 七巧板 to play, and she built a "kitten" out of it.   (so by reading other mommies' post, now I'm confirmed it was truly 七巧板)

<She said a rabbit.  Besides 七巧板, two circles are for its eyes as well.>

Also, she also mentioned that the teacher asked them to rest, head on their arms after finished 七巧板.

<Meanwhile, my daughter also told to do the followings: not to close her eyes, look at the clock and wake up when a certain time is reached.>

If those are true for interview, it is so amazing for my little daughter.

[ 本帖最後由 cutebear123 於 11-10-10 09:54 編輯 ]
作者: cutebear123    時間: 11-10-10 09:53     標題: 回復 3# Bingb 的帖子

Only the same as:

老師講故事(elephant, etc) and do the worksheet instead.

Maybe, different groups have different tasks.
作者: jlee0930    時間: 11-10-10 11:06

我囡囡只係讀一首英詩,佢話老師帶住全部小朋友一齊讀一次。但就無講故事。
之後做兩份工作紙,一份考數學概念,另一份串英文字及中文作句。
最後玩跳飛機。
我見較少人提及第二份工作紙的考核內容,有小朋友考過這份工作紙嗎?
作者: joeyxlma    時間: 11-10-10 12:27

my girl insist that there is no Maths... just afraid she miss some questions.
作者: gowgowgow    時間: 11-10-10 12:38

My daughter's First language is English but she told me that she was given Chinese/Cantonese reading and verbal instructions. She was pretty upset when she came out and felt disappointed since she was not given instructions using the language that she knows. She cried in the session : (
作者: JOJA    時間: 11-10-10 12:46     標題: 回復 56# jlee0930 的帖子

我淨係知
分組考活動,
每六人一組

每組的活動不一,
有得跑步, 有得jumping, 有得跳舞

但其實我估係考邊個小朋友係聽老師指示
因我個女說
她的一組有三個女孩不跟做
因為老師會問
邊個想跟老師一齊做~~
作者: Mabello6    時間: 11-10-10 14:30     標題: 回復 30# Muspiano 的帖子

請問數學題用中文定英文?
作者: eggmama    時間: 11-10-10 15:05

各位囡囡非常優秀!出年到我家的男仔頭,似乎穿波鞋都適合?
作者: tumtum    時間: 11-10-10 15:18

My view is that the school probably had already shortlisted candidates based on the documents submitted like the school report card etc.  

The kids were interviewed in groups of 10, and only for 1 hour per group, and for example the english poem was repeated by the kids as a group and not one by one.  

I really don't think they can hand pick the kids during the interview.  They probably already knew before 1st round which girls they would like to bring back for second interviews, and the 1st round is just for them to make sure those shortlisted candidates are "ok" in person.
作者: edea    時間: 11-10-10 15:22

原帖由 gowgowgow 於 11-10-10 12:38 發表
My daughter's First language is English but she told me that she was given Chinese/Cantonese reading and verbal instructions. She was pretty upset when she came out and felt disappointed since she was ...

希望妳別見怪, 借少少位置俾我呢個唔相干既路人甲講下, 因為我認識個別小朋友都係mother tongue係英文所以中文難以catch up既情況, 如果係咁, 家長搵小學時就要target一d中文科冇咁著重既學校, 女拔既中文應該都唔容易(我只係assume因為我唔知女拔小一實際情況, 不過呢類傳統學校按理中文科唔會容易), 就算今次面試過左, 錄取左, 到入學之後, 小朋友面對中文科都應該會有好大困難 要跟上都可能好辛苦.

為免學校孩子錯配, 宜再三考慮清楚.
作者: waiwai_mom    時間: 11-10-10 15:50

My girl had the interview on Oct 7 at 2:30pm.

She said all the girls stationed in one classroom and 3 teachers came in to do the interview, one by one.

The 1st Teacher spoke in English:

An English poem was posted on the wyteboard. The teacher read the poem with some action and then ALL the girls repeat with action together after the teacher demonstrated. The poem was "Daddy's Cooking Dinner".

After poem reading, did the English worksheet. Q1: Who is making dinner?
Q2: I am not so sure. My girl said is about - "And" a pizza is "on" the way. She said the sentence didn't make sense and need to rewrite the words "And" and "on".

The 2nd teacher in Chinese:

Teacher read a story about A big forest with many different animals living there. They help one another. When the birds were sick, frog said will bring them to the doctor. Elephant said he will help but then he didn't. A pig was tripped by some rocks but the elephant saw and didn't help. All the animals were not happy and didn't like the elephant. Then one day, a deer dropped into the water and elephant use its trunk to save it. All the animals gave a medal cup to the elephant and become friend again.

Then Chinese worksheet. Teacher read out the Qs and circle the correct answer from 4 choices:

Q1: Who didn't help out?
Q2: Who was triopped by the rock?
Q3: Who sank in the water?

Then teacher asked the girls one by one which character is their favourite. My girl answer very poor as she said all. Then teacher said sje must choose one. She then insited to choose 2 and teacher repeated to ask her to pick one. She finally choose. Ahe was not happy and when she came out of the interview she said she didn't understand what the teacher said and the question was dificult. She insisted she likes all the characters.

The 3rd Teacher:

Maths worksheet in English

Q1: It is Mary's birthday party and she invited 7 friends. But she got only 2 cups. Draw the missing no of cups.

Q2: Mary's mum has 6 balloons and after the party only 2 left. How many balloon did she use?

Also, there was 已砌好的七巧板pattern on the wyteboard. Each girl used the shapes on the table to follow the one on the board.
作者: waiwai_mom    時間: 11-10-10 15:54

I think as DGJS is an English Primary school, the worksheet were maily in English and the poem recital was also in English. If girls are not good in English, they will not be able to answer the questions properly and do the poem recital confidently.
作者: edea    時間: 11-10-10 16:22

原帖由 waiwai_mom 於 11-10-10 15:54 發表
I think as DGJS is an English Primary school, the worksheet were maily in English and the poem recital was also in English. If girls are not good in English, they will not be able to answer the questi ...

即是學校對小朋友中英文底子都有一定要求.
作者: cutebear123    時間: 11-10-10 17:00     標題: 回復 3# waiwai_mom 的帖子

Same as the timeslot woo.

Referring to the 2nd teacher in Chinese, has your daughter mentioned that the teacher is holding a book to speak or just speak without book?

From your sharing, I am so worry as the story description is a little difference.   So afraid now....

作者: gowgowgow    時間: 11-10-10 17:04

Totally agree. They have the kids selected already and the first interview was just a false hope given to everybody that they are really fair!

原帖由 tumtum 於 11-10-10 15:18 發表
My view is that the school probably had already shortlisted candidates based on the documents submitted like the school report card etc.  

The kids were interviewed in groups of 10, and only for 1 ho ...

作者: gowgowgow    時間: 11-10-10 17:06

I think though if my kid fit into that kind of test/interview then she is the one for this school. Since she doesn't fit in, its OK too. BTW, St Stephen's gave the most pleasant interview to my girl and hopefully she will get in.
作者: gowgowgow    時間: 11-10-10 17:10     標題: 回復 63# edea 的帖子

Thank you Edea. I understand now and totally agree.
作者: joeyxlma    時間: 11-10-10 17:43

just wondering if the school will bother to "select" girls according to school report before the interview because this will mean a lot of adm work?

I think it is easlier to "select" from the group interview and go back to the documents afterwards.

Just guessing...
作者: zitaeric    時間: 11-10-10 20:11     標題: 回復 10# tumtum 的帖子

我都幾贊同你個唸法...
如果我係學校揀學生都唸到不是單靠interview那一刻,應該一早睇了學生背景之類,早早有堆心水人選...
一個五歲小朋友,識得所有問題一定是天才,不然就是父母的努力,己早教了.吾識的小朋友吾代表將來讀書吾好,吾夠聰明,只不過未學過...,因此不應亦不重於答得有多對,要考的是觀察小朋友有多專注,多聽從指令,反應等等.
學生背景,家庭支持先第一.
作者: beachbaby    時間: 11-10-11 11:09

Hi, all,

From the post, I can see the questions asked from this school are quite difficult for a 5 yrs girl.
Do the girl need to answer all the questions correctly in order to have a second interview?
作者: slamyt    時間: 11-10-11 16:20

Yoeyxlma,

Your girl is right!

"Five little kites flying high in the sky
Said, "Hi!" to the cloud as it passed by,
Said, "Hi!" to the birds, said "Hi!" to the sun,
Said, "Hi!" to an airplane--oh what fun!
Then whish went the wind,
And they all took a dive:
One
Two
Three
Four
Five."

原帖由 joeyxlma 於 11-10-9 23:21 發表

My girl told me that the kite say "hi" to the bird and so she write "hi", don't know if it is correct.

She did mention that there is a story in Chinese and the teacher ask them to circle the answer ...

作者: joeyxlma    時間: 11-10-11 17:47

原帖由 gowgowgow 於 11-10-10 12:38 發表
My daughter's First language is English but she told me that she was given Chinese/Cantonese reading and verbal instructions. She was pretty upset when she came out and felt disappointed since she was ...

Take it easy, my girl also mentioned that she saw a girl cry in the session.
作者: joeyxlma    時間: 11-10-11 17:53

Finally my girl told me her version yesterday, she said there are 3 session s:
1st - 2 teachers (?)
There are some diagrams built by shapes (七巧板) on the board and they are asked to repeat the diagram

2nd - 3 teachers (?)
English poem - kite
They are asked to answer questions on worksheet thereafter

3rd - 2 teachers (?)
Chinese story about a Character called 丁丁 and 丁丁's friend, a fox and a rabit, etc.  
They are asked to circle the answer for questions on worksheet thereafter

That is!
作者: AtoZ    時間: 11-10-11 22:13     標題: 回復 48# joeyxlma 的帖子

HI joeyxlma,

My girl told me that the kite say "hi" to the bird and so she write "hi", don't know if it is correct. ==>

Yes, my girl told me the answer should be "Hi" after the interview. But it was too late. Too bad!
作者: kitty23205    時間: 11-10-12 09:09     標題: 回復 63# 330 的帖子

我女講的同你女好相似
佢話peter爸爸買咗7條魚送咗2條比peter
請在魚缸內畫上2條魚(我也覺得我囡理解錯誤)應該是7-2=5吧
請問你女有無話要寫中文名?
作者: Lamka    時間: 11-10-12 10:15

小女是10月7日上午面見, 大部分題目和大家相似, 唯一是數學題不一樣, 想和大家分享題目的問法。小女憶術 “瑪莉姨買了6個蘋果來家中探望媽媽和我, 而問題纸上有一個籃子, 上面已經有兩個蘋果, 那你應該要劃多幾個?” 很明顯,答案是4個, 學校想考的是2+4=6, 但小女劃了6個, 我和爸爸心想小女應該答錯。 但小女的廣東話理解和數學的分析一向都不錯, 重覆想想, 再問她為何認為是6個, 她的解釋是, 家中的籃子原来已經有兩個蘋果, 所以把瑪莉姨的6個蘋果放進, 應該有8個。可能家中有類似盛載水果的器具,加上籃子并不是掛在瑪莉姨手中,所以導致她答錯了。

我和爸爸認為小女的答案合情合理,而且已經用心聆聽老師的故事,實在非常安慰。    有時候小孩子的思想,可能超越成年人的想法,問題的表達方式一定要仔细,我看見早前有位家長的女兒所答的答案和我小女一樣, 相信可能 和小女的理解一樣。
作者: kitty23205    時間: 11-10-12 10:56     標題: 回復 1# Lamka 的帖子

我女也堅持話因為peter的魚缸是空的
咁爸爸送兩條比佢因此係畫2條魚
作者: waiwai_mom    時間: 11-10-12 11:29

Cutebear 123,

Sorry for the late reply. My girl said teacher held a book to tell the story. Regarding the story content, don't be too worry, my girl told me 2 versions (one shorter and one longer) and then I come up with the conclusion that this was the whole picture of the story being told. Even your girl was in the same time slot, but story maybe different as there were so many different groups at the same time, right?
作者: cutebear123    時間: 11-10-12 11:51     標題: 回復 1# waiwai_mom 的帖子

Thank you for your sharing.

Regarding the story, I have asked my daughter again.  She said that the teacher had not held a book (just telling story).  She insisted on her story contents and was firm to answer all 4 questions correctly as she said that she read it before !!!!!!!   

She told that I had borrowed this story book in HKPL for her reading.  She asked me remember it or not ?  

After that, I only want to support and trust her as she was feeling bad for me to ask her repeatedly.

[ 本帖最後由 cutebear123 於 11-10-12 11:54 編輯 ]
作者: Lamka    時間: 11-10-12 12:02     標題: Reply to kitty23205

My daughter also insists 6 apples are correct.  The interpretation of the questions are confusing!
作者: 3X    時間: 11-10-12 12:21

我女兒是 8/10, 上午interview的.

按她的形容, 考的範圍很廣很闊:-

6位小朋友一組.

1.    跟老師一起跳了一段西班牙舞 (?!?!),

她真的有示範如何跳.

2.    由老師用廣東話說一個故事

(關於一位叫安安的男仔的故事, 大概是位壞孩子, 大家都不喜歡他, 不愛與他結伴等等)

3.    英詩合誦, 老師唸一次約8句的英詩, 連動作, 之後小朋友望著白版照朗誦整首出來+動作. (當時可看board上的英文字, 完成後老師把內容收起) 女兒說這首詩叫 :
My fish

4.    老師派卷一人一份, 第一部份做番2-3題關於中文故事的內容, 圈出答案.
* 女兒說老師沒有請小朋友在卷上寫中文名?!?!
是否我女兒不夠留心, 聽不到老師說需要寫中文名呢?

5.    做2題fill in the blank, 關於詩的內容.

6. 英文數的文字題
, 吾難的.

按她說是 有關買金魚的題目.

做完後要'噗'在桌上, 不準望來望去.

7. 七巧版, 按老師要求的圖形去做

8.   接球遊戲

老師用英文問小朋友 :

如果想去挑戰jumping game的就跟著去,

否則就留在課室的playroom等候.

* 聽聞playroom有電腦, 有玩具.

女兒有舉手跟著去玩,
她說老師叫小朋友原地跳高,

跳高時knee要縮起高過腰位@@

共跳十下.

10.    成組6人賽跑比賽

整個流程1.5小時.
說真的, 有點像考三項鐵人賽吧??
作者: 330    時間: 11-10-12 13:14     標題: 回復 7# kitty23205 的帖子

我女兒亦是強調老師叫他們多畫7條魚,不過我還是覺得她理解錯了。

女兒有說老師有要求他們寫上中文名。
作者: truthmr99    時間: 11-10-12 14:25

330 and kitty23205, did your girls interview on 7 or 8 Oct am or pm?

We are also confused with the fish maths. Anyway, my girl drew 2 fishes only.
作者: YLMom    時間: 11-10-12 14:38     標題: 回復 3# 3X 的帖子

I am a bit confused.  My girl said there was no jumping game or any other sporty game.  Maybe different groups had different activities?

Or, maybe my girl was dreaming ..... lying .......?  

Anyone can share?
作者: gowgowgow    時間: 11-10-12 15:01

I did not ask my daughter anymore except that one time right after the interview. I do not want her to be too tense for the upcoming interviews.
作者: Angelakibb    時間: 11-10-12 15:07

my girl also said no teacher has asked whether they may join the sport activities or not .. may be she has forgotten. Is that mean she will loss mark on this part?
作者: edea    時間: 11-10-12 15:11

原帖由 gowgowgow 於 11-10-12 15:01 發表
I did not ask my daughter anymore except that one time right after the interview. I do not want her to be too tense for the upcoming interviews.

好媽媽
作者: kitty23205    時間: 11-10-12 17:41     標題: 回復 5# truthmr99 的帖子

My girls interview on  8 Oct 10:40am group R

[ 本帖最後由 kitty23205 於 11-10-12 17:43 編輯 ]
作者: kitty23205    時間: 11-10-12 17:50     標題: 回復 8# 3X 的帖子

我女兒說老師沒有請小朋友在卷上寫中文名
作者: 330    時間: 11-10-12 20:48

8/10 10:40AM Group T

原帖由 truthmr99 於 11-10-12 14:25 發表
330 and kitty23205, did your girls interview on 7 or 8 Oct am or pm?

We are also confused with the fish maths. Anyway, my girl drew 2 fishes only.

作者: yy0601    時間: 11-10-12 21:07

Dear all, take it easy as we never know what are the selection criteria. i'm afraid our daughters will feel great pressure if you asked them too many times for the same question or for all the tiny details (imagine how you feel if you are questioned by someone again & again & again...). let's wait for the results calmly!
作者: kochiman2004    時間: 11-10-12 21:21     標題: 回復 94# yy0601 的帖子

1000000000000000000% agree
作者: ccfa_hp    時間: 11-10-12 21:49

Agreed.

interview已經完了,其實大家都唔需要太擔心,因為已成定局! 無謂再給壓力她們了!

原帖由 yy0601 於 11-10-12 21:07 發表
Dear all, take it easy as we never know what are the selection criteria. i'm afraid our daughters will feel great pressure if you asked them too many times for the same question or for all the tiny de ...

作者: celinapang    時間: 11-10-12 22:11

Totally Agree. As me, when my daughter came out from the interview, she said the question is too difficult and for the primary children, so I know she will lost., so I did not ask her any more, just tell her we need to "add oil" for the next time, just forget it.
作者: icbb1230    時間: 11-10-12 22:24

Yes, don't ask them anymore, my girl said to me today:  "mommy, don't ask me again, your questions are so boring.  I said the teacher didn't ask me to jump or run during the interview, I am sure!  And I  had answered and done all the tasks that the teachers asked me to do!".  Then, I know I am wrong, I should trust her, not the interview contents mentioned in BK.  Maybe different content for different time slot.  

Good luck to all of us.

[ 本帖最後由 icbb1230 於 11-10-12 22:32 編輯 ]
作者: edea    時間: 11-10-12 23:35

是的,大家都放下,平常心等結果吧。

Good luck to all 好孩子們!
作者: Peter2880    時間: 11-10-12 23:57

原帖由 icbb1230 於 11-10-12 22:24 發表
Yes, don't ask them anymore, my girl said to me today:  "mommy, don't ask me again, your questions are so boring.  I said the teacher didn't ask me to jump or run during the interview, I am sure!  And ...

Dont ask again lar, 我在小朋友面前從無追問面試內容, 但只有背後自己乾著急和煩惱, 都幾辛苦

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5