教育王國

標題: 國際學校 - 中學生的價值觀 [打印本頁]

作者: MaryBrown    時間: 12-2-23 17:47     標題: 國際學校 - 中學生的價值觀

國際學校 - 中學生的價值觀

國際學校的學生多數家境是比較富裕。  最羞的是富裕一羣的父母價值觀很有問題,他們是成功生意人、一來冇時間陪子女, 二來覺得讀書冇用。 他們的'富二代'好的只懂hea, 差的睇唔起人, 尤其比較'窮'的同學。 富二代'的心態的是不用讀書,最緊要好玩,呀爸有大把身家。

越貴的學校,越多這種人,大家小心選校

作者: bobbycheung    時間: 12-2-23 18:44

本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-2-23 18:44 編輯

簡單嚟講, 無論讀甚麽學校, 大家都必須"小心選"  
作者: reneeleung    時間: 12-2-23 19:08

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: madscientist    時間: 12-2-23 20:21     標題: 引用:國際學校+-+中學生的價值觀國際學校的學生

作者: awah112    時間: 12-2-24 00:05

作者: WYmom    時間: 12-2-24 10:57

本帖最後由 WYmom 於 12-2-24 10:58 編輯

Very bias opinion!!!  There must be some very rich and some very arrogant... but there are a lot of educated professionals, middle class people with upright value to groom their children in IS.  I also see a lot of rich and arrogant parents and kids in those very famous local schools...we always read news about students of elite local schools having their famous branded cars blocking the whole street waiting for them...

So the most important thing is the value judgement we parents have and how we educate our kids.
作者: munchbobo    時間: 12-2-24 11:14     標題: 引用:+本帖最後由+WYmom+於+12-2-24+10:58+編輯+

原帖由 WYmom 於 12-02-24 發表
本帖最後由 WYmom 於 12-2-24 10:58 編輯

Very bias opinion!!!  There must be some very rich and som ...
Couldn't agree more!

作者: 新人王    時間: 12-2-24 12:49     標題: 回覆:國際學校 - 中學生的價值觀

國際學校都有好多種,有D系多D有錢人,有D以中產專業人士爲主。身為中產,我覺得就算自己再忙,都會好關心仔女發展,無論學業做人都價值觀都好注意。其實家庭環境對學風都好有影響,可能大家想入名校都有呢個考慮

作者: annie40    時間: 12-2-24 15:32

回復 MaryBrown 的帖子

你的经验好奇怪, 我真的从未遇见覺得讀書冇用的家长, 可否写得具体点.  我认识的CIS 和ISF 的中学生都好有礼貌, 跟阿爸有无钱似乎无直接关系.

作者: vincher    時間: 12-2-26 20:52

我認識幾個讀國際學校的家長都關心子女,有丨個更放棄高薪工 全職湊 而個小朋友對自己嘅學業都很緊張
作者: ANChan59    時間: 12-2-27 00:42     標題: 回覆:WYmom 的帖子

Fair comment, close to reality.

作者: reneeleung    時間: 12-2-27 12:06

作者: PCMW    時間: 12-2-29 18:13

我以前讀local school,大把狗眼看人低的同學啦!
作者: filicity    時間: 12-2-29 21:04

我諗每間學校,無論本地或國際學校都會有呢種人,最緊要係家庭教育!
作者: SinCnai    時間: 12-3-2 13:08

回復 MaryBrown 的帖子

我每天與孩子相處四小時,親自照顧小朋友起居,著重孩子的品德及功課,身邊的家長亦多如是!

可能你自己如是,身邊的人也如是吧!

作者: nutb    時間: 12-3-3 17:16

回復 reneeleung 的帖子

講得好!!!
你以為自己有錢,更有錢的人多的是,沒甚麼好比較.  父母要懂得關心及身教子女,唔喺掉低比學校就算.

作者: kcvtsai    時間: 12-3-3 19:41

Agree, depending on the parent's own value and the friends they make...

I don't think this applies to all...
作者: joanneinnyc    時間: 12-3-7 09:08

作者: kanaustin    時間: 12-3-9 01:27

But isn't this good? I mean, getting into a school which has many rich, arrogant people... I strongly believe that this would actually provide a driving force for your kids to want to become more successful than those people, to want to never to be looked down at again... therefore, in some cases, it actually helps your kids become more motivated!!!
作者: bobbycheung    時間: 12-3-9 02:18

kanaustin 發表於 12-3-9 01:27
But isn't this good? I mean, getting into a school which has many rich, arrogant people... I strongl ...
No, this is no good.  
(1) How successful you are is not measured by how much money you have got.  For example, in my view, being a poor and humble person who is willing to help others is infinitely more successful than a rich and arrogant miser.
(2)  It could be a wrong driving force.  In order to stop these rich and arrogrant people from looking down on you, you must first show them your wealth.  Showing off is a bad thing especially for a reason like this.  Furthermore, competing with these rich and arrogant people could easily result in you being more arrogant than they are.  Yes, they may not look down on you again.  But you may unknowingly form the habit of looking down on others just because they are not as rich as you are.  

作者: FattyDaddy    時間: 12-3-9 03:54

本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 12-3-9 15:30 編輯
kanaustin 發表於 12-3-9 01:27
But isn't this good? I mean, getting into a school which has many rich, arrogant people... I strongl ...

So you think being rich equals successful?

This is certainly NOT TRUE in a SCHOOL !!! Rich school kids are just born into wealthy families, what kind of success is that? Did they become rich from their own efforts? No, now what kind of positive motivation could that possibly provide?

作者: FattyDaddy    時間: 12-3-9 09:06

本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 12-3-9 09:09 編輯

作者: kanaustin    時間: 12-3-9 18:15

Calm down... I apologise if my words are slightly misleading, but I nerver meant that being rich = successful...

I just want to say that being at a school with lots of rich, arrogant kids might make your children feel upset because of them looking down at him, but if your children were muture and ambitious enought, they would see it as a driving force because they would not be willing to be looked down at by kids that have not earned the money themselves... as a result, they would work extremely hard and therefore become 'successful'...

作者: FattyDaddy    時間: 12-3-9 19:09

本帖最後由 FattyDaddy 於 12-3-9 19:15 編輯
kanaustin 發表於 12-3-9 18:15
but if your children were muture and ambitious enought, they would see it as a driving force because they would not be willing to be looked down

No, things don't work that way.

Rich kid A shows off to poor kid B by brandishing the latest most expensive gadget, B asks A how he got it, A tells B that his dad gave it to him, what do you think B is going to do? Will he try to earn money and buy it himself or ask his dad to give him the same? and lets just say, for argument's sake, that B decides to earn money and buy it himself, how do you think a school kid is going to earn good money? like by pushing drugs? Remember, doing well in academics won't earn him a single cent until YEARS later, and he wants the gadget NOW.

If there are lots of rich and arrogant kids in the school, they are more likely to be a negative influence than anything else, but then being rich doesn't automatically mean being arrogant, there are lots of rich and humble people around.

Your posts indicate that you still have a lot of growing up to do.

作者: madscientist    時間: 12-3-9 21:33     標題: 引用:+本帖最後由+FattyDaddy+於+12-3-9+19:15+

作者: Christi    時間: 12-3-9 22:43

回復 kanaustin 的帖子

行錯路了~

作者: kanaustin    時間: 12-3-10 00:05

If by saying I have a lot of growing up to do will make you feel more intelligent, or will satisfy your arrogant nature, then go on. However, I hope you can understand that the use of any aggressive or disrespectful language will not help you to persuade anyone to believe in your view, but will only make you seem immature.
作者: kanaustin    時間: 12-3-10 00:17

However, I do appreciate your opinion. Yet, are you trying to suggest that parents should keep their children away from all the rich kidsO and only allow them to communicate with middle-class and lower-class children? Surely, this would make them even more alienated.

In fact, your posts indicate that you have a strong desire to go against the rich people, as well as to create conflicts between different classes.
作者: kanaustin    時間: 12-3-10 00:26

Furthermore, my idea that being looked down at will make your children motivated only applies to kids who respect themselves and are mature . In the case suggested by you earlier, the child is clearly not very muture as he simply wants to own things that the others have got.  OK, I am fed up with using my mobile phone to type
作者: kanaustin    時間: 12-3-10 00:56

Much better now using my laptop...

Anyway, if the child in your case is just someone immature, it wouldn't matter whether he stayed with the rich kids or with the not so rich kids, since he would still want to own things that he didn't have...

By the way, I am not just talking nonsense. According to a report published by the Hong Kong Government, 94% of the crimes that involved drugs took place in schools that were located in the less developed areas in 2010. Therefore, it seems that it is not the rich who have been making the other kids purchase drugs...
作者: kanaustin    時間: 12-3-10 00:58

Oh, by the way... I now open myself to any constructive opinion!!!
作者: bobbycheung    時間: 12-3-10 01:05

本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-3-10 01:15 編輯

kanaustin,

I have been followng your posts since you first started the thread "A HK Student in the UK coming back to HK".   In that thread, you said thank you all the time and you also used a lot of these signs

Parents came out in force to support you and gave you advice.  Now looking at what you wrote lately, I couldn't help but feel sad about the noticeable change in you (especially after reading your response to FattyDaddy).  Regarding what I wrote earlier in this thread, I had no desire whatsoever to criticise or belittle you in any way.  It's just that when I see your way of thinking has in my view gone awry or 行錯了路 (as Christi described), I feel I should share with you my experience.  I am sure the other parents have the same well-meant intention as I do.  You are of course entitled to your own view as you are already a young adult.  If you feel offended by anything I said here or elsewhere, please ignore them and I will abstrain from saying anything further.  

bobby

作者: FattyDaddy    時間: 12-3-10 03:26

kanaustin 發表於 12-3-10 00:05
If by saying I have a lot of growing up to do will make you feel more intelligent, or will satisfy y ...
No, it doesn't make me feel anything.

There is nothing positive about rich and arrogant school kids, they are not a source of motivation and it is a waste of time trying to match or exceed them in terms of wealth, that is the general consensus. Should you stay away from them? Yes absolutely.

作者: kanaustin    時間: 12-3-10 03:52

Yes, I agree with you that some of the rich kids are too arrogant and impolite, and you are definitely right that I should not have anything to do with them if possible.

Anyway, thank you for your opinion

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5