教育王國

標題: ESF BHS vs KJS [打印本頁]

作者: steplovebb    時間: 13-5-30 17:25     標題: ESF BHS vs KJS

I would like to know more about these two   school. Which one will u choose?

I know The allocation of student is based on their catchment area. But I can move to fit the required address

Many thanks

作者: meimei223    時間: 13-5-31 07:30

I want to know about QBS as well, as I know QBS will promote direct to south Isand school, but I am seldom to hear about QBS, is it a good school?
作者: steplovebb    時間: 13-5-31 15:45     標題: 回覆:steplovebb 的帖子

Is KJS much difficult to get in?

作者: Radiomama    時間: 13-5-31 20:08     標題: 回覆:steplovebb 的帖子

Absolutely

作者: sschiu    時間: 13-5-31 23:21     標題: 回覆:Radiomama 的帖子

Is campus facilities a concern for you? KJS is going to move into a brand new campus this August. It is also a much bigger school than BHS in terms of student number.

作者: Mom2One    時間: 13-6-1 12:09

本帖最後由 Mom2One 於 13-6-1 12:10 編輯
meimei223 發表於 13-5-31 07:30
I want to know about QBS as well, as I know QBS will promote direct to south Isand school, but I am  ...

QBS is a very good school. I even heard that in recent years, their results are better than Bradbury (just hearsay, but it was from a Bradbury mom). I know quite a few moms (both Chinese and Western) whose kids go to QBS and they are all really satisfied with the school.
作者: jsfamily    時間: 13-6-1 19:55     標題: 引用:I+would+like+to+know+more+about+these+tw

原帖由 steplovebb 於 13-05-30 發表
I would like to know more about these two   school. Which one will u choose?

I know The allocation  ...
Bhs 校風較嚴和多outing.

作者: myjasmine    時間: 13-6-1 21:14     標題: 回覆:ESF BHS vs KJS

The teachers in BHS are very good and they teach with heart.

作者: steplovebb    時間: 13-6-1 21:34     標題: 回覆:myjasmine 的帖子

Any comment about KJS?

作者: 新人王    時間: 13-6-1 21:47     標題: 回覆:ESF BHS vs KJS

Not much difference. BHS has 90 students each year, which is smaller than KJS that had 150 each year.

作者: clifflam    時間: 13-6-2 00:01

jsfamily 發表於 13-6-1 19:55
Bhs 校風較嚴和多outing.

I just heard the opposite.  BHS is quite loose and less homework.
作者: hkparent    時間: 13-6-2 07:33     標題: 回覆:clifflam 的帖子

How about class work? If students have a busy day, why bother about homework?They should relax or join activities after school. If you want more homework or if you don't want a free environment, local school is a better choice and it saves you money.

作者: clifflam    時間: 13-6-2 16:39

hkparent 發表於 13-6-2 07:33
How about class work? If students have a busy day, why bother about homework?They should relax or jo ...

No. I mean it is compared with KJS.
作者: avalyl    時間: 13-6-2 21:56     標題: 回覆:ESF BHS vs KJS

I can't comment KJS but BHS is a really good school. No homework but my daughter learnt a lot from the school. The teachers are teaching from the hearts. The principal is always in the school to welcome the students in the morning. It depends if you want your kid to learn or want your child to have more homework. If homework is what you are looking for, pls don't choose BHS. Good luck with your choice.

作者: myjasmine    時間: 13-6-2 22:18     標題: 回覆:ESF BHS vs KJS

My gal in year 3 in BHS is having homework weekly and also Chinese homework almost weekly as well.

作者: jsfamily    時間: 13-6-3 00:39     標題: 引用:Quote:jsfamily+發表於+13-6-1+19:55+Bhs+

原帖由 clifflam 於 13-06-02 發表
I just heard the opposite.  BHS is quite loose and less homework.
真正用家。信不信由你

作者: WYmom    時間: 13-6-3 08:43

BHS is a very good school.  KJS is good as well.
作者: mouton    時間: 13-6-3 13:56

My son graduated from BHS and I don't know much about KJS.  I happened to discuss about primary schools for my daughter with my wife, she preferred BHS.
作者: steplovebb    時間: 13-6-3 14:00     標題: 回覆:mouton 的帖子

May I know why your wife preferred BHS?

作者: circle    時間: 13-6-4 19:46

BHS is a good school, no comment about KJS.
It is a small school, my son almost get to know all of them. And this school used to switch different classmates each year, so that students can mix around.

作者: myjasmine    時間: 13-6-4 21:07     標題: 回覆:ESF BHS vs KJS

I also appreciate the daily online Chinese reading homework provided by BHS. It helps my daughter recognizing more Chinese words.

作者: clifflam    時間: 13-6-4 23:46

Seems every one here would choose BHS
作者: myjasmine    時間: 13-6-5 11:13

I believe KJS is also a good school.  We can only compare if we have kids studying in both schools.

作者: steplovebb    時間: 13-6-5 13:38     標題: 回覆:myjasmine 的帖子

Yes I agree both schools are good school.
That"s why I want to know more about these 2 schools and choose between them

作者: clifflam    時間: 13-6-5 22:51

回復 steplovebb 的帖子

Pleast note that BHS and KJS have different school zone.  It's not you choose the school.
作者: steplovebb    時間: 13-6-6 22:22

clifflam 發表於 13-6-5 22:51
回復 steplovebb 的帖子

Pleast note that BHS and KJS have different school zone.  It's not you choos ...
Sure I live in Kowloon and can move to fit the catchment requirement
But choosing school is really a headache

作者: Radiomama    時間: 13-6-7 19:07     標題: 回覆:steplovebb 的帖子

Choosing school is really headache. But the worst is....you don't have the choice. KJS is very competitive and the kids in cat II were hard to have a chance to be interviewed.

作者: alpham0m    時間: 13-6-7 21:50     標題: 回覆:ESF BHS vs KJS

KJS has adequate amount of homework and there are quite a number of field trips as well. When parents have concerns, the school's management team is usually quick to respond. Having that said, it does help to have a good class teacher to enhance your child's learning. But this applies to every school of course. I like to hear more about the daily Chinese reading scheme at BHS, it sounds like a very good scheme, I hope KJS would have that too.

作者: alpham0m    時間: 13-6-7 21:51     標題: 回覆:myjasmine 的帖子

Hi myjasmine, can you share more detail about this reading scheme. I want to suggest it to the teaching team at KJS. Thanks!

作者: myjasmine    時間: 13-6-7 22:39     標題: 回覆:alpham0m 的帖子

It's an online exercise called "Mandarin Matrix" under which our kids are encouraged to finish one Chinese exercise online everyday. Of course it's still up to the kids whether to do it or not. The exercise contains reading listening writing (online) and speaking.  I found it very useful but do not compare with the local Chinese curriculum.

Actually there's something similar in RCHK called 每日一篇but its 繁體. 每日一篇is mainly a Chinese comprehension exercise but its article is longer and more difficult. Mandarin Matrix is a relatively comprehensive exercise but is more simple.

作者: alpham0m    時間: 13-6-7 22:46

Great, thank you!

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5