教育王國 討論區 小一選校 陳守仁有over 3700人報名, 點解咁多人爭?
發新帖
樓主: yeemelody
go

陳守仁有over 3700人報名, 點解咁多人爭? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-9-21 00:21 |顯示全部帖子

回復 122# bonbonzhu 的帖子

60% makes more sense and impressive, 90% is exaggerated.

2#
發表於 10-9-21 09:00 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 noel2010 於 10-9-21 04:15 發表
TSL P.6 派位未能反映全部, 有些轉了校未計入, 差不多98%-99%全部入英中, 我知有兩個入了中中, 都是讀英文班。其余所識的都是英中, 叩門大部份都考到了英中,  所以計派位成績不是問題,只是並不是一條龍,担心選中學。 ...

Of course we should follow the data and factual info from TSL, which is more scientific than parents' observation or heresays.

Some students left the school before P6, where they go are not count as TSL allocation result is common for most primary schools.

If you think TSL should include "Knock the door" result and not purely announce the allocated result, you should advise TSL to balance between the final "Knock the door" result and the quick allocated result.

If I were the principal, I will stick to the allocated result and announce the result asap as marketing tool, because over 60% is an impressive result of Band 1 EMI school allocation.

3#
發表於 10-9-21 10:04 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 flostangraphy 於 10-9-21 09:48 發表
it's already impressive number of applicants these years.... not really necessary for extra marketing tools lar......
我仲有小朋友要考.... mouth:" />

Marketing is not a negative word, it's neutral.

Parents prefer their kids can get into good school, definitely TSL is one of them. State the fact, no need for exaggeration.

Wish your kid can get in TSL.

4#
發表於 10-9-26 11:37 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 KOKOMAN 於 10-9-25 19:21 發表
恕我老實,我報 TSL 都是當買保險,我首選是宣道和 SFA。
我同事個仔讀 TSL 都是派中中,但另2個讀宣道和 TSL 就派名英中,佢地都話這兩間90幾%派英中,TSL 派名英中較少,通常都是入新直資。...

I always respect honest people.

5#
發表於 10-9-27 10:55 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 flostangraphy 於 10-9-27 09:10 發表
totally agree!
恕我老實,話搵TSL做back up, 不如話搵St Paul co-ed 做back up lar.... 都重冇咁多人考, 比數機會重大啦, 而且話用st paul 做back up 聽落重威啦....

SPCC is more competitive than TSL in terms of applicants' quality, that's why he/she said that need TSL as back-up. SPCC, DBS, LS, MCS or DGS are their first choice................

6#
發表於 10-9-27 11:53 |顯示全部帖子
Clam down TSL fans and parents.

I just try to explain the phenomenon why others take TSL as back up....... May be it's a taboo here, sorry about that.

My son didn't apply for TSL, so no past experience to treat it as back up. But we did take some good schools as back up and interview preparation before the target school interview. It's nothing wrong at the first place.

Tell you a true story about Cheung Chuk Shan College in HK East District. 4 years ago, I attended the admission talk and the principal said they are one of the best of the local schools, HKCEE and HKAL and University admission rate are flying colors, but still not the first choice of elite students. The best will opt for QC, BPS, SPCC, DGS & DBS......So what he does, he steers the school towards more all-rounded to prepare students for university admission with strong academic achievement + OLE under NSS and skip the interview process. He skips the process can reduce the workload of the teachers, from their experience, after screening workload, most of the elite won't come and just recruit those students join CCSC based on their rank order list + ECA and other achievements. From their longitundinal observation for many years, their students also perform very well in all exams. They also not recommend students sit for 10 subjects in HKCEE, max only 8 subjects, so no 10 As, no media coverage, no fans in BK ......an interesting school just focus on her educational vision.

Why to bother as second best in some parents' eye? The most important thing is " it's the best school for you and your kid............."

7#
發表於 10-9-28 11:25 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 177# lovingparent 的文章

TSL can be one out of your three preferred schools, if it's not your first choice, can I say it's a back up or other not so offensive name?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖