搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 赤柱St. Stephen vs 英華
發新帖
查看: 7398|回覆: 6
go

赤柱St. Stephen vs 英華 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-26 20:53 |顯示全部帖子
It is no need to compare and no points to compare different schools. Every school has its own fans.

I just observed that no matter the students or their parents of SSCPS are so good in various attributes (intelligence, academic and non- academic abilities, family background, etc...), they can enter most of subsidized schools if they want to. So why they still prefer to pay such high tuition fee if they need not to?

2#
發表於 09-12-12 23:03 |顯示全部帖子
I have interviewed a graduate from SSC before. From my memory, his HKCEE result was not good (no full cert) but his verbal English was quite fluent and he was confident too.

On the other hand, I found some graduates from other schools, though with better HKCEE results, could not communicate properly in English.

[ 本帖最後由 ssspwong 於 09-12-12 23:07 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-12-13 11:27 |顯示全部帖子
I gave him second interview but also advised him to continue study if he could because he got potentials. Finally he did not show up.

原帖由 appletree09 於 09-12-13 00:11 發表

Hi Hi,
At the end, Did you hire him? Will you consider their HKCEE results more than his written or verbal English? My Q&A hint that there is not any perfect school for every students. It all depends ...

4#
發表於 09-12-13 17:31 |顯示全部帖子
You can check that the current principal of SSC is a very young lady. And, the faculty for its DSS section is different from the subsidized one. They employ more NET for lower forms. Not only the syllabuses, but only the batch of students are very different from the previous ones.

Although SSC is not my only option in the future, I won't benchmark the "new" SSC with YW, because I know the " expected values" I get from SSC are different from those that YW could give us.

(*I have no detailed knowledge about YW. I think it is a good school for many parents. )

Nevertheless, it is always parents' own decision for choosing schools for their children. No need to argue.

[ 本帖最後由 ssspwong 於 09-12-13 20:05 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 09-12-14 09:16 |顯示全部帖子
You reminded me that in my old years, Cheung Shuk Shan had been very famous for his high success rate for the two universities and it was very pushing . It seems that it is not as renown as before. Why?

原帖由 cmchang0927 於 09-12-13 22:40 發表
And I forgot to mention that, 18 years ago, when I compared my school's atmosphere to Cheung Shuk Shan (I have some friends there), it was completely different.
CSS:
- no branded stuff
- students were ...

6#
發表於 09-12-14 20:48 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry, I think you have oversimplified the situation.

I am a member belonged to Category II as you have mentioned, i.e. people who experienced heavy studyload and could cope with it.

However, my history does not affect my decision for choosing school for my child. I am a forward looking person that I know the important essence for success in the future would be very different from the past -- Acadeimic standard is only ONE of the factors for success,  and it is even not the most crucial and decisive factors.

原帖由 dvb 於 09-12-14 11:27 發表

This may be NATURAL.

1. people had a hard time when they had heavy loads in their childhood won't send their children to such harsh schools.

2. people could cope with the heavy loads will send the ...

7#
發表於 09-12-14 21:53 |顯示全部帖子
OK. It is your model as you like it.

原帖由 dvb 於 09-12-14 21:02 發表

Then, let me add one more category

5. people who experienced heavy studyload and could cope with it don't choose "harsh" school because they are forward looking people that know the important essen ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題