請分享小三至小六同學多數看甚麼英文課外書? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-4-28 16:53 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 9# Y2KChild 的文章

Horrid Henry.  My son's favourite.

2#
發表於 10-5-6 23:40 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 92# happyvalley 的文章

I agree that "Diary of Wimpy Kids" is generally too difficult for a P.2 student.  I have read some, the use of words and sentence structure is beyond an ordinary P.2 student's understanding.

I think it is not necessary to force your kid to read English chapter books if he/ she is not ready.  Don't compare it with others.  Let him/ her to choose books which he/ she is comfortable with.  If he/ she picks up Stage 4 ORT, don't stop him/ her.  As a parent, you should find some books of similar level to him/ her.  A kid will read the same book differently as his/ her English improves, i.e. the level of understanding will increase.

3#
發表於 10-5-7 11:40 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 96# Yau_Cheung 的文章

But I recommend these books (the Wimpy Kids series) to kids and even adults.  First, the words are not crowded as those chapter books, i.e. it is easier to read.  Secondly, they use words which are very native (in the casual sense), which helps one's communication skill with native speakers.

For younger boys, I think the Horrible Harry series is also good.  It is about a naughty book called Harry and what he did in school.  The story was told by his best friend, Doug.  This is a rather old books (published a few years before).  You may check it out from the library.  Our set is handed down by my niece.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題