查看: 18436|回覆: 2
go

高主教 (中學部) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-22 11:33 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 littlemak 於 09-11-22 10:27 發表
Dear Virus,
thanks for your quote.
I have read and checked through this link few days ago already. that 's why i have this query:
why RC exam results quite good but still a lot of bad comment from pe ...

Hi
I posted on a thread about SLS vc RC in 小一選校 of latest public exam results stated in their school report and their inter-school sports results. I'd say there has been significant improvement in academic and sports results recently, so the not so positive comments may be based on outdated figures, personal bias, spread of rumours etc...
1 thing encouraging RC was placed overall 6 in the recnt 2009/2010 inter-school D1 swimming competition, the all time high and further improvement over last yr. So, I'd say RC, at least currently, is up and up.

2#
發表於 09-11-23 14:01 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 johnnyrotten 於 09-11-23 10:00 發表
I chose RC for my boy coz he is capable in English.

In the meantime, he applied HKGUA as it is within walking distance.  The language subjects are taught by native language speakers (both English and ...

Did your kid also accepted by HKUGAP ? If so, what's yr choice?

3#
發表於 09-12-30 16:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 johnnyrotten 於 09-12-30 14:34 發表

I refer 'old days' to the year before eighty's.  During mid of 1980s, there was a drastic drop in quality since RC could not have too much say when admitting S1 students.  A lot of students were Ban ...

Hi Glad to meet the oldie old "boy" here. Yes I could still remember the pressure of sitting for the Secondary School Entrance Exam then ( 70s) and I even took entrance exam of  a private school as insurance. I think by changing to subsidised school, the academic results did improve then by bringing in some bright guys though the top ones remain mainly "in-house" In my days, about 80-90% went to HKU or universities overseas studying EE, dental, architecture. The top guy at HKAL has 4A and best result at HKCEE was 8A out of 9 subjects. I didn't follow the results of RC until recently when I prepare for my kid's P1 application. I am amazed that RC has improved a lot in inter-school competition in the area of sports and music and I am glad that the 2009 HKCEE results was also quite good. The switch from boys school to co-ed is also, in my opinion, a brilliant decision. I think the school management is heading right direction. Kudos to them
‹ 上一主題|下一主題