搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 英華有3000人報名
發新帖
樓主: 無氣同你講
go

英華有3000人報名 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-8-19 12:39 |顯示全部帖子
It puzzles me sometimes when it comes to branding issue for discussion on YWPS.

Generally, parents love elite "old" schools because of their long tradition, proven track records, etc.  But in the case of YW, it's quite different.  First, YWC is a popular school with a lot of famous alums, but, to be frank, it's not really among the creme de la creme when it comes to academics.  For example, YWGS (sharing same name, hence an easy comparison) seems much better.

Second, its PS is quite new - even newer than the so-called new DSSs.  If my memory serves me right, YWC used to have an affiliated/associated PS, but it's mediocre at best.  A few years ago, they recruited a new head with a view to creating an "elite" feeder school.

She has successfully drawn a huge number of followers, fans and parents included.  The number of apps for P1 has been on the rise (same for the app fee).  There's no doubt that she has a charisma and most believe she is an educator with a heart.

The (eventual) success of YWPS might further or even reinvigorate YWC.  Interesting... Imagine if she were appointed to head a new DSS, would she still manage to draw a following?  Well, I believe so - as there are quite a few cases as we know of.

So what really makes the difference between YWPS and the other new DSSs - esp those with a similarly charismatic headmaster?

PS: Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying DBSPD is not new, but DBS used to have a very established feeder school, DPS, which had been a much sought-after school for years.  I'm neither associated with DBS nor YWC.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題