用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC學生除來自ESF kinder 外,有無來自 local kinder? ...
發新帖
查看: 6352|回覆: 8
go

RC學生除來自ESF kinder 外,有無來自 local kinder? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-26 09:14 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Wingba 於 09-3-26 08:30 發表
Hi rororolee,

My kid studied in St. Catherine before entering RC so it is a matter of whether you can "drill" your kid to speak English comfortably in front of strangers and use English quite often i ...

Hi Wingba,
Just curious to seek for your comment that do you think St. Catherine itself could provide sufficient English proficiency for your daughter to meet today's RC requirement, or that is mainly attributed by your most English communications in the past years?

2#
發表於 09-3-26 10:14 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 alima 於 09-3-26 09:58 發表
My girl will attend Year 1 , she is study in a traditiional famous kinder, but she is native in Chinese & English, RC don't mind they come fm which kinder.

hi alima,
per my same question to Wingba, do you pay much extra effort in building up your daughter's english proficiency in the past years, or simply contribution from her kindergarten?

3#
發表於 09-3-26 10:51 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 alima 於 09-3-26 10:32 發表
Actually I put more english training for her, 2 phonics course per week teached by net, philip maid, disney channel TV, e-nopi maths etc., these all can improve her english, although me & hubby talk w ...

Thanks for your sharing.
Would you conclude that English Training in your traditional kinda is still not enough to build up a qualified level to get in RC?
I guess it is an important factor for parents to plan their education plan properly from K1 (or even nursery) who are targeting RC.
[Of course, it will be good to reach the level as "popolung" says by 95% immersing in English environment but inreality not every Hong kong family can achieve that level...]

4#
發表於 09-3-26 11:11 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-3-26 10:58 發表

Some parents will put their  kids in Int'l Kinder for AM and local kinder for PM, so to learn both good English & Chinese. But I will not recommend to do that (though a lot of similair cases happene ...

I'm one of those "parents". I cannot say it is the best option but as both full time working parents (I guess u are full time mom who can spend a lot of time to train Chinese with your daughter after school) if i didn't do this way, I'm afraid my children's Chinese will be weaker and weaker.
So far my daughter is very happy with her school life in both schools and I do not need to worry after after class activities at all (Mon to Fri are busy at school and Sat and Sun are family days)

5#
發表於 09-3-26 17:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Wingba 於 09-3-26 16:53 發表
Hi oooray,

St. Cat is a very good kinder but the curriculum in English, in my opinion, does not prepare the kids to run for a place in IS. The English curriculum in St. Cat can be better if more time ...

thanks for your sharing Wingba.
I have already passed that planning stage (I'm in the same stage as u) but just would like to ask for more input from "insiders" to help other parents' planning.
My conclusion is that even if children are studying in St. Catherine/Victoria and other famous kindergarten (non real IS) that are supposed to be "strong" in English (at least in many parents' mind), parents need to take great effort to train up children's english in order to reach a "safety" English level to meet requirement of RC and other IS primary.

6#
發表於 09-3-28 21:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-3-28 20:24 發表
May I know the interview detail for Year 2?

My kid will be attend the Year 2 interview.

He come from international stream kindergarten and no difficulit to speak English and without fear due to show ...

i have no idea about that (my kid only attended Year 1 interview only)bu may check some information from ESF website regarding language requirement for Year2 admission. Although RC is a PIS (different from ESF primary), I believe their requirement are more or less the same.
For your case, i don't think you need to worry too much because teachers there are well experienced to assess applicant's English level through the interview.

7#
發表於 09-3-28 23:00 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-3-28 22:43 發表

Many thanks to your advise. May I know more about the RC?
How about the workload for the student?
How many exam per year?

My kid just have the continue asscessment since K2, I 'm worry about that  ...

sorry not providing more info as my daughter has not joined the school. maybe other parents can help or u can search other threads in this forum. quite a lot of discussion about RC here.
Enjoy!

8#
發表於 09-3-31 14:15 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 bigbighei 於 09-3-31 13:19 發表
My son will be in Y1(RC), he is in KM (int'l class) now!

I let him join all the after school actitive offer fm esf (english program, swimming,sports program) in order to keep him in the fluent Engli ...

I attempt to wrap up what parents contribute:
1. This year, quite a number of children from local kinder (or local kinder's int'l class) admitted by RC;
2. I assume the rest of majority in RC are from IS kinder (otherwise where do they go...whereas ESF primary is so keen);
3. Parents from local kindergarten shared that they do have extra classes/activities to improve English standard for their children;
4. RC has no preference for interview to ESF kinda applicants this year (nobody said applying RC without granting an interview);
5. After interview: amongst broadliner, does the status of "ESF kinda students" has any preference? nobody knows (or even all ESF kinda students are within 150 successful applicants from the first round? it is a mystery)
6. In coming years : more applicants for RC is anticipated;
7. In coming years, status of "ESF kinda students" will be an advantage for "granting an interview"? Through my experience in applying DC, I 100% believe that;
8. More applicants mean average english skills to fulfill the interview will be higher.
I guess parents need to consider all these facts NOW if they are targeting RC 2 or 3 or 4 years later.

9#
發表於 09-4-2 00:33 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-1 01:26 發表
See My Comment in Red:

Thanks for your comment.
Yes. I am amazed that quite a lot of parents would like their children to go to ESF primary or RC but doesn't do enough homework to study the rules before playing this game. Simple go to ESF website and read it carefully and the answer is already there.
If someone is asking which school is better, 100 parents will have 100 different answers.
If someone is asking which school has a higher chance for granting an interview from ESF primary, the answer is already in ESF website.
Some parents say "School A has a high hit rate to ESF primary in the past history"
Even some schools state "most of their children go to ESF primary in the past history"
Reasons behind:
A. Many children are from Cat. 1 families-inherit factor;
B. Children are trained to achieve very high English standard;
As a Cat. 2 applicant, will u benefit from studying in school A?
Definitely, your english proficiency can meet the requirement for ESF Year 1 requirement (easy job), BUT...will u have a higher chance for granting an interview from ESF primary?   
Of course, not studying in ESF kinda doesn't mean that u are out...u are just queuing at the end of the queue...be patient...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖