用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RCHK's parent, pls make your suggestion!
查看: 13832|回覆: 23
go

RCHK's parent, pls make your suggestion! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-5-18 11:15 |顯示全部帖子
Home Lunch vs. meal A/meal B from Cafeteria.
Any RC parents comment on these for Year 1 Kid? Thanks for your contributions in advance.

2#
發表於 09-5-18 12:25 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 janetlo 於 09-5-18 12:22 發表
I usually order school lunch for my daughter, the kid can choose their own lunch (meal A / Meal B) at school (Not at the order form) and it comes with fruit juice, free bread and fresh fruits.

Thanks for your sharing.
Do they taste good (your child's comment). Just curious to ask you why not prepare home lunch yourself?

3#
發表於 09-5-18 15:32 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 janetlo 於 09-5-18 14:25 發表
It has variety of choices, sometimes they have pizza, fried rice, pasta, mash pototes, 义燒飯, turkey and 抄麵 .  Even though the order form shows the food in english, but the meals have both chinese  ...

Thanks for your good sharing.
I have the same concern as you if I cook the lunch at the home in the early morning (Designing recipe swill be killing me, too). I agree that it is also a good experience for my daughter to learn to be independent at school, if the quality of food at the cafeteria is not too bad.

4#
發表於 09-5-18 19:58 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 birdbird 於 09-5-18 18:52 發表
danielboy,
Thanks for your advice.
For year 1, they also have 2 PE lessons every week. I plan to buy the new house tee for my son in the summer. he will then have 2 sports tee (incl. the existing one) ...

Dear birdbird,
Thanks for your information.
Do u mean children with home lunch will having lunch at somewhere (inside the classroom?) and those have school lunch will go to the cafeteria (all by themselves)?

5#
發表於 09-5-19 15:45 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 danielboy 於 09-5-19 13:45 發表
birdbird,
Wow ! Your son is so lucky.  My son had only 1 PE lesson per week when he was in year 1.  

Re : lunch
My son brought home lunch form Mon-Thur and took school lunch on Friday when he was in  ...

Thank you danielboy, it is really a good option for children to enjoy lunchtime with all his/her friends!

6#
發表於 09-6-5 13:33 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-6-4 22:21 發表
Hi All,

We visited the school this afternoon and brought back 2 big bags of stuff--2 sets of uniform, 2 sets of sport uniform (one is house T and the other one is the white T), 3 pairs of socks, 1 wi ...

I don't like the man in the uniform shop. While fisherman hat is out of stock, he didn't tell me when (just a rough idea) it will be replenished...
While I was persuading my daughter to choose the cap instead, he "said" in the beginning of the term, it will be available and come back later; just wanted me to settle the bill quickly.

7#
發表於 09-6-5 15:41 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks Almom and Saturn's comment.
My experience in dealing with the Reception Staff was ok.

Mr. Arthur : One day I will give you a good lesson! Hahahaha....

I felt sorry for blaming the lady (I didn't know she was a volunteer parent helper).
I think it is a bad idea to ask volunteer helping in the uniform shop...that supposed is making $$$ there, and troublesome parents (like me) are expecting some basic service there!

8#
發表於 09-6-5 17:00 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 almom 於 09-6-5 16:08 發表

I never had problem with them too. Lucky me.

Go go go. Hahaha.

She has been helpling there for 2 years. She has a kid in primary school and she is always very polite and kind. She is ALWAYS th ...

He gets paid to do the job and suppose to get the job done!
I still think that uniform is not a proper position for parent volunteer.
Let me "try" the service of the uniform supplier when I'm buying kindergarten uniform for my son later (Atson Wilson - the same company as kindergarten uniform supplier!)

9#
發表於 09-6-5 21:53 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Saturn 於 09-6-5 17:07 發表
Fyi.  The uniform shop in Jordan is very small (if it never moved).  It would be very crowded during summer holiday.  I almost got out of breath when I purchased my kid's KG uniform there years ago.

thanks for your advice. I'll prepare some pure oxygen cylinders before visiting them.

10#
發表於 09-6-7 00:26 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-6-6 23:44 發表
My daughter belongs to "MING".

It's a pity I may not be able to join the info session this coming Tuesday.

mine is ...i forgot...red color PE shirt...
no problem. i guess they are talking general issue on Tue evening. i found the last year presentation in RC website. u can have a look there.

11#
發表於 09-6-9 22:31 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 birdbird 於 09-6-9 21:12 發表

House      Color
TANG       Red
SONG       Yellow
MING        Blue
QING         Green

thanks for your reminder....

12#
發表於 09-6-10 11:31 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-6-10 10:45 發表
Any Year 1 parents went to the information session last night??? I missed the first 15 minutes & when I went there, the teacher was talking about "Line of Communication".

Anything interesting that yo ...

I was 15 minutes earlier but i've forgotten everything before leaving the hall.
I only remembered the first 15 minutes was introducing the Year 1 related staff there and a "talk show" by Max. Any other parents could share?

13#
發表於 09-6-25 13:28 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Radiomama 於 09-6-25 13:18 發表
Would anyone purchase the label from Stuck-on-you?  Or we could use our own labelling methods?

Price is not attractive...
I am thinking of using paper sticker instead...

14#
發表於 09-8-25 15:54 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-8-25 13:37 發表
My daughter is in MH class too.

Regarding the teachers, I believe they are well-qualified. Don't worry!!:cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze:

http://www.renaissance.edu.hk/staff.php

what a coincidence! my daughter also in 1MH.

15#
發表於 09-8-26 09:05 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-8-25 18:25 發表
Haha... Maybe they will be buddies!!!

My daughter told me the Chinese teacher asked them to write "太陽" but she didn't know how. She then asked me to write the characters when I was home. Really hop ...

my problem is that she didn't tell me anything happened inside the class! (it has been  her STYLE)
Maybe i need to ask your daughter directly what was happening at school later on!

16#
發表於 09-8-26 16:27 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 jennachan 於 09-8-26 14:22 發表

hi oooray,
Oh good !!   I am happy to meet one of parent here which is the same class with my daughter.
did your daughter or son started to loss some of their hat or snack box in school ?  
my girl  ...

From my observations, most Anfield children are in 1MH Class.
Luckily enough my daughter has not lost anything yet but losing something is a good experience in her life.
The class teacher is very nice. I sent her a few emails asking this and asking that and were all answered promptly.
It is not easily for children (except those with very out-going characters) to make new friends in a big class of 28 children within a few days.
Let them manage themselves. Parents cannot make friends for their children...

17#
發表於 09-8-27 09:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-8-26 18:09 發表
Unluckily, my daughter's ex-classmate is not in the same class with my daughter. My daughter asked why but then comforted herself by saying they may still see each other from time to time.

My girl's  ...

My daughter said there is a "hub area" outside the Year one classroom and children from different class have chance and meet there.
That's ok! As mentioned in the orientation, children always make new friends and change friends.
Parents cannot do "matching" (friends or marriage...) for their children. Right?

I guess it is not easy to find your "belongings" if it was lost in the hub area...
Yesterday, I was complained i didn't put her hat in her school bag and she could not play outside...

18#
發表於 09-9-1 23:09 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 vivmum 於 09-9-1 20:51 發表
Hey, My son is in 1MH, too.
Nice to meet you guys here.

Unfortunatelly, the primary school will be closed for 7 days due to H1N1.   How to arrange these extra free days for him is a headache.

Glad to see so many 1MH parents here....really frustrated to school closure while they have been settling down...

19#
發表於 09-9-2 15:52 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-9-2 14:25 發表
Just received homeroom teacher's email.

I don't have any special plan for my daughter. She will just stay at home and play with her little brother.

Best wishes for the infected ones and hope they g ...

I have got the homelearning email...we have got a lot of "homework" to do...

20#
發表於 09-9-2 16:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-9-2 16:13 發表
oooray,

Can you open the link @ "Art" page?

琬晴B

2 jpg files are linked.
I could not figure it out what should i do for the 2nd page. I've asked teacher and now waiting for her reply.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題