用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RCHK's parent, pls make your suggestion!
樓主: Radiomama
go

RCHK's parent, pls make your suggestion! [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-9-2 16:23 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-9-2 16:13 發表
oooray,

Can you open the link @ "Art" page?

琬晴B

pls. also check PM.

22#
發表於 09-12-2 11:16 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 super8 於 09-12-1 23:46 發表
Hi All,

The competition to get into RC and other ESF primary is becoming worse and keen.

I'd like my girl to study in RC and my original plan is to send her to ESF TY (now waiting for the result).   ...

1. Last year RC interviewed all 3XX applicants, no matter where you were from;
2. This year, only 3xx out of 5xx applicants were selected for 1st round interview;
3. Imagine your child are a non-ESF kinder cat. 2 applicant, with very good English level, but not on the 1st round interview list, how worry u will be;
4. U can sharpen your child's english by different methods but u can do nothing to push you to a little bit higher priority; last one get an offer and first one on the waiting list make a huge difference;
5. My son has switched to ESF TY K1 this year due to unfruitful experience of my daughter. I don't want to experience it again next year;
6. I don't care the reject rate of any school. U may be the one of losers in high hit rate school if u do not perform well in interview;
7. I have never rely on the 3 hours a day kindergarten time prepare everything fulfilling the interview in Jan 2011;
8. My feeling is that open classroom environment in ESF TY makes learning not as strict as those with their own classrooms. Most K2 children there Ebglish are good enough to qualify for ESF/RC admission standard;
9. In such environment, it is not surprising some children with parents do nothing sharpening their English may fail in the P1 interview. I think we should not blame the school.
10. Many parents (including me) are having such dilemma. There is no absolutely correct or wrong answer.

23#
發表於 09-12-2 14:32 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 super8 於 09-12-2 13:18 發表
Hi oooray,

really thanks for your detailed clarification.  This makes the picture more clearer for me.

just saw your question in another thread. I guess I have answered most of your questions...As a responsible parent, I've never worried my children cannot pick up sociable Chinese(Cantonese) language skill. What i need to take extra effort in Putonghua...
Hope u can make your own decision with no regret.

24#
發表於 09-12-2 21:14 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 super8 於 09-12-2 18:38 發表
Hi oooray,

Yes and you did provide a lot of useful info to me.  Same as you that my concern over Chinese is the ability to speak in Putonghua and read/write Chinese characters.  I do not worry too mu ...

practices make perfect.
with relatively better resources nowadays, our children should speak better putonghua than mine if they work hard.
RC hub: i love it, too. my daughter can make a few friends from other classes thro' playing in the hub. that is bonus to me. no idea for upper primary...maybe other parents can share.
communications : as a working parent i feel so sorry for not joining all activities. the school has a high degree of transparency and u will know what is going to happen thro' email/website even i am not there physically.
i've no complaint to the school so far(except a little bit far away from home) and my daughter is very happy everyday. i guess most RC parents share the same feelings.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題