Conclusion:
Do not send your children to RC if you are either one of the followings:
1. Anticipate 100% English environment during school hours;
2. Proud of having many non-Chinese classmates/parents;
3. Do not like this school.

2#
發表於 09-11-11 15:23 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Onsen 於 09-11-11 14:52 發表
Is it possible to move to RC from another ESF school?  Can anyone share with this experience?  Since Chinese languauge level must be higher than the regular one, would that cause any problem?  I tried ...

i guess there is no secret path other than submiting an application form and then line up at the end of the queue.
From RC website, u can see that many year levels have closed the application until Jan 2010 (due to a long waiting list already there).
It is be unfair to those on waiting list if any secret path within ESF schools.
Of course, it is only my wildguess only. call for school directly for the truth.

3#
發表於 09-11-17 16:14 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 iamfine 於 09-11-17 15:58 發表

I know it's cliché to say different people have different needs. The fact is some people do feel the need to put their kids in an exclusively English environment to feel comfortable.  To them, for  ...

Don't call them nut.
They just defense their faith; just what we are doing.

4#
發表於 09-11-18 11:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Onsen 於 09-11-18 11:22 發表
Relax!  Don't get offended if someone doesn't like your school and asked for the transfer.  What it matters is just that person's need, not yours.  

Initially, I do like RC for its emphasis on Chines ...

Relax too. No all spokers here are RC parents. ( but I am).
Relax again. There are hundred thousands scary parents in Hong Kong (I'm one of the pack) , in either local or International (Real or so-called) Schools. U will have no place to dodge.

5#
發表於 09-11-18 13:45 |顯示全部帖子
否定別人便是成功之道?
自己成功=別人失敗?
當信主耶穌您和您家人必得救?
順我者昌,逆我者亡?
是弱者之道還是強者之道,請自行(了/判)斷!
善哉善哉...

6#
發表於 09-11-19 11:22 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-11-19 11:10 發表
I saw a reseach article a few year ago (forgot where it came from) that if a young kid can be immersed in a total language environment for at least 5 to 6 hours a day, the learning/practising time wil ...

Hi wisekid2007,
Theoretically, I agree to your viewpoint.
U have find a right school for your son implementing 100% English school environment...but i'm curious to know whether your son will be chit-chatting in Cantonese at school quietly/secretly and another Cantonese-Speaking friend come across?

7#
發表於 09-11-19 12:32 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-11-19 11:34 發表
My boy is a very honest boy. He said to me that there were in fact a few times at school (a few times for the whole period but not a few times per day) during the recess time that there has been one o ...

Different parents have different anticipations. Some will be proud of 100% English speaking children but some will be afraid of that (it will be a little bit odd when the rest of their relatives are Cantonese Speaking).
I think RC policy can meet most Hong Kong Chinese families' need (admission policies make Hong Kong Chinese family as the majority in RC) and provide a flexible environment for children growing up.
As i mentioned before, parents looking for 100% English enivronment, please think twice before accepting RC offer.
RC parents who disliking the current language policy should consider other better alternatives. I think your goal will be much easier to achieve rather than blaming the school not meeting your demand.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題