搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Contingency plan
發新帖
查看: 3968|回覆: 3
go

Contingency plan [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-5-7 17:23 |顯示全部帖子
Make sure that you also apply for RC and DC, in addition to ESF regular schools.  I didn't.  But come to think of it, I should have done that.  I heard from a kindergarten that all their students got admitted to RC while many of them failed their regular ESF.  If I knew more about RC's Chinese curriculum, I might have changed to that, instead of the regular ESF.

2#
發表於 09-5-11 10:06 |顯示全部帖子
Almom, please try to be polite.

[ 本帖最後由 Onsen 於 09-5-11 12:55 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-5-14 10:23 |顯示全部帖子
I try to figure out why some parents were really uptighted and get offended when someone mentioning about the admission eligibility to ESF regular and PIS schools.  Are those parents the one who got the offer from RC but not from the ESF regular schools?  

Just relax.  It is really better for locals to get admitted to RC when there were over 70% of the students are local residents.  That will give them a better place for Chinese practise in speaking and writting than normal ESF schools.  

If I were the principal looking at the applications, what would I think if a child who can go to PIS and then another couldn't.  I read the comment from a judge about ESF admitting locals who want their children to learn English rather than leaving those precious space to the "real" foreigners who really need this kind of schools. (He even complianted about the Mandarin teaching!)   Sounds a bit harsh but is true.  I talked to a UK caucasian about their kids' school.  When he found out that my child got admitted to the regular ESF school when his child didn't even got a chance for an interview, he got really mad.  That is entirely understandable.  If my thesis is correct that those parents who got upset by previous postings here are indeed RC parents, please relax and just enjoy your wonderful chance of having the best of both worlds, English and Chinese for your children, under management of the ESF.  If my thesis is incorrect, I apologize in advance.

4#
發表於 09-5-16 16:34 |顯示全部帖子
The quality of a school depends not only on its teacher, principal and the sponsoring body, but largely depend on parents.  How the parents look at the world and a sense of social justice contributes greatly to the children's perception of the world.  The home education also affects a child's attitude toward others and acceptance of other different from oneself.  This is how most people judge the success and failure of a school's education, not just in academic.  

We as a parent should set a good example to our children, just tolerence of differences, and be considerate, and always look at different views, not just from oneself.  I certainly would hope to see those ten missing RC parents return to this site for open-minded discussion and continue sharing of their experience with RC which I placed a lot of hope on it.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題