用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 DGS vs RC. How to choose???
發新帖
樓主: rororolee
go

DGS vs RC. How to choose??? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-15 10:20 |顯示全部帖子
True.  I heard from a friend who's child came from the Mainland.  He got admitted to St. Paul Co-ed.  Initially, he was in a disadvantageous position among students and teachers because of his upbringing.  So one day, the parents invited the teachers to their big and expensive house and pampered them with goodies, they have since changed their attitude toward their kid.  I called these "pigeon eyes".  I certainly would not want my kids to go there, not under this kind of mentality.  I do not know about DGS.  I hope they are not the same.

2#
發表於 09-6-16 08:52 |顯示全部帖子
I am wondering what is the chance of being accepted by DGPS for ESF students?  Are we talking about the wish list, possibility or just a topic for general discussion?  

My child is going to one of the ESF regular school.  She practically dream of that school for a long time.  It would be a disaster to ask her to change, especially after she gets to know all the friends and teachers there.  I used to have my child transferred directly from the US to Hong Kong regular school at the age of 7.  It didn't work because he becomes an eyeshore in local English class.  So, we have to transfer him back to a regular IS, amid reluctlantly.  

It is really tough for us as a parent when the local educational system is falling in dismal.  (A big thank you to the Educational Department.)  If I were in Singapore, I would have no doubt to send my kids to their local schools.  Tough choice!

3#
發表於 09-6-17 12:07 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 siubosiumao 於 09-6-16 22:06 發表
I agree with pianokc completely. My husband and I were both from famous local school and did exceptionally well in school as well (top 5%). Our experience tells us that only the really top kids in the ...

That is a very good insight for us who try very hard to get into famous schools.  Thank you for sharing your thought!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題