搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 No Cantonese in RC pl pl pl
發新帖
樓主: yeung2212
go

No Cantonese in RC pl pl pl [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-11 12:44 |顯示全部帖子
RC is really set up to take the local students who may otherwise apply to the formal ESF schools.  I took a head counts of my child's class photo last night, out of the 30 students, only 6 or 7 are Asians that include Japanese, Korean, Indian and Chinese kids from the US and the UK with a majority of 23 to 24 are Caucasians.  None from local catagory 2 Hong Kongers.  In fact, my kid is the only one who can speak Cantonese and Mandarin.  Besides, RC can only take kids with permanent Hong Kong residency (at least 70%) with some space to non-residents.  

But then is this what most parents' want, fluent in English and Chinese?  I am seriously thinking whether RC is better for my kid, even if I have to move.

[ 本帖最後由 Onsen 於 09-11-11 13:32 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 09-11-11 14:52 |顯示全部帖子
Is it possible to move to RC from another ESF school?  Can anyone share with this experience?  Since Chinese languauge level must be higher than the regular one, would that cause any problem?  I tried to apply for DGJS because of Chinese but failed.  May be this is a good option.

3#
發表於 09-11-11 17:23 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 oooray 於 09-11-11 15:23 發表

i guess there is no secret path other than submiting an application form and then line up at the end of the queue.
From RC website, u can see that many year levels have closed the application until J ...

Not true!  It is easy to do the internal transfer from one ESF to another provided the change of catchment area.  I did that before.  All it took was just a phone call and the ESF did all the paper work.  However, you may be correct with RC or DC that they do not consider this is an internal transfer.

Just visited the ESF new website.  They have indeed separated the primary, secondary and the PIP schools.  On RC, it says, "Although the College will use English as the medium for teaching and learning, the curriculum will have a very strong emphasis on Chinese language and culture. All students will study Putonghua and Standard Chinese."  Well, that is very tempting.  I should take a look at this wonderful school later.

[ 本帖最後由 Onsen 於 09-11-11 17:31 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 09-11-18 11:22 |顯示全部帖子
Relax!  Don't get excited.

[ 本帖最後由 Onsen 於 09-11-18 11:39 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 09-11-18 12:14 |顯示全部帖子
Parents, it is not just the language of English.  Many maids in HK speak very good English.  It is the attitude toward life, respect of other people's differences, and a great passion for learning that are more important.  If you can lead a child to a wonderful world of learning based on his initiative then you can considered yourself a success.  The only problem for local school is that the force from school and parents to learn through the textbooks, to dictate, to compete, to get ahead of others really loss the sight of education.  If English is so great, then Singapore will the at the top of the world.  But in reality?  Will you send your kids to Singapore or for that matter, Phillipine for education even they will all be able to speak good English?  If one wants his child's mind fourish and growth, and be an intelligent and open-minded person, the US, UK or some EU countries' would be a better bet.  I said a better bet does not mean that they are better than our local schools.  I am sure many top EMS are much better academically.  We just want to have an envrionment to foster this kind of intellectual growth in a child.  If we can't send our kids to the western world, then international schools with good teachers and principals may do the trick.  Isn't it what we are doing it now?

[ 本帖最後由 Onsen 於 09-11-18 12:17 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題