教育王國 討論區 備戰大學 IB 40分可稳入med ,law嗎?
發新帖
查看: 18290|回覆: 3
go

IB 40分可稳入med ,law嗎? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-7-7 12:41 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 nintendo 於 16-7-7 12:53 編輯

Let's get things straight.Are we talking about PG or final score?
PG means a lot more since that is what get you interviews.
If you past the interviews and get conditional offers, they are probably more flexible with final score.

Not sure what exactly mrschan256 is asking?
Since the result was out just these 2 days, I am presuming her child got 40 for final.
That will be a different story if child never applied to any professional programs.
A "knock door" with a 40 is not going to work.

2#
發表於 16-7-7 12:52 |顯示全部帖子
Also note that non-jupas admission is very different from jupas.
So there is almost no such thing as 稳入.
I would say a high PG would earn you interview chance with medicine and law. Then you still need to fulfil the requirements.
Impossible to get into medicine with a 40 (whether PG or final score). Not even with strong references. If you look at the IB results, you will see lots of students get 40+.

3#
發表於 16-7-7 14:49 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 nintendo 於 16-7-7 14:52 編輯
mrschan256 發表於 16-7-7 14:46
final score

What is his PG?  Did he apply to the professional programs at all?  If not, it is not easy to "knock doors" now to Med or Laws.  You might try therapist programs or nursing. These are also "professionals". Not sure about admission requirements though.

4#
發表於 17-4-8 23:59 |顯示全部帖子
lui 發表於 17-4-6 12:58
Even Lpc overseas students didn't get very top IB scores, they are all very smart and all rounded s ...

If my observation is right, the academic entrance requirement of LPC is not exactly high. A lot of students that got interview chances are not even top students. However, I do believe the actual performance of interview plus challenge day would determine whether you get into LPC. They want to take students that are very talented (either good at music or sports) and have good leadership skills. I think one does not need to have an IB score of 45 to be a successful person. Rather, most successful people are very rounded and have good leadership skills. So it is really pointless to compare IB average.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖