教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Thinking of Transferring from ESF to DGJS
發新帖
查看: 9572|回覆: 2
go

Thinking of Transferring from ESF to DGJS [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-8-10 13:06 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Onsen 於 09-8-6 18:41 發表
I am really tire of teaching my daughter Chinese (together with Kumon).  If going on like this, she would not be proficient in Chinese language.  Therefore, I am seriously thinking of applying to DGJS ...

Hi Onsen,

The very basic problem you have now is, with getting into ESF, you should stop using Kumon as one of your tools to teach your kid. ESF emphasis on interactive learning, like most IS, while Kumon is a duck-stuffing class only. If you want your kid to be happy, should let him stay in ESF.

Change your kid back to DGJS is no use. You will be only much harder as you have so many other stuffs to take care at the same time in order to "compete" with other kids. Think twice yourselves. Do you and your kid really want life like this?

2#
發表於 09-8-11 00:21 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 lo_bobo 於 09-8-10 23:51 發表
1) is IB program can enter into the University after they have finished P12?

2) Which IS is better in HK ? I just know ESF, but don't know the quality of their education level ?

3) is all IS school need to buy Debenture ?

1) Yes, but not all IS use IB. Some still use GCE or other syllabus

2) ESF is one of those, and among ESF still have good or not too good. Hard to tell, depends on what you want. And most importantly is when you want your kid to go study in IS, you want them to learn the creative mind, and the logic thinking. Not duck stuffing learning.

3). No, at least ESF no need to buy debenture.

3#
發表於 09-8-12 01:38 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 lo_bobo 於 09-8-11 09:14 發表
Hi popolung,

Thanks for your information.  besides ESF, do you have any suggestion of IS that without debenture ? Actually I have no idea out of ESF.  And what is the standard of IB ? is this like A  ...

Unfortunately, besides ESF, good IS mostly need debentures, like GSIS, ISF, HKIS, ICS...... and most of these IS their school fees are much expensive than ESF.

I didn't rule out other like AIS, SIS, JIS, NIS, etc. Just I have no idea. Please check other threads.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題