用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which ...
發新帖
查看: 10691|回覆: 10
go

Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which one will you choose? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-3-4 23:34 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which one will you choose?

Hi siumanmama,

Same as you, I also have this question that I want to rise.  My daughter is now joining their playgroup on Sat only in Tutor Time.  I think the different is Kingston runs IB while Tutor Time not.  So their way to teach will be different.  I want my daughter to explore by herself more during her early learning stage.  So most probarly I will choose Kingston for her first 2 years, then will make up my mind what the final education that my daughter will be gone such as IS or local.  But the standard of English in Kingston just level or a bit higher than local kindy (info from other forum 2 year before).  So is it worth to pay such higher tuition fee $7500/month for 2-1/2 ours each day.

I am so very headache.

2#
發表於 07-3-5 23:16 |顯示全部帖子

Hi siumanmama,

Kingston only 2-1/2 hrs each day (1:30 pm - 4.00 pm) but Tutor Time is 3 hours.  

If you sure your girl will go to local primary, anyone that will be fine because you will shift her to K1 local kindy.  So the first year of leaning that I will give her more caring, love & discipled.  This is my thinking.   

For IB learning, Kingston only started to learn in 3 year old class (K1) not pre-nursey.  

Yes, 1 native + 1 mandarin + 1 helper will stay in a class in Kingston but Tutor Time not.

Except Kingston runs IB, Victoria will be.  So this school is also my target.  

If your girl will go to local primary, Victoria also is the choice for you.  

3#
發表於 07-3-16 20:35 |顯示全部帖子

siumanmama 寫道:
Diamond Hill:

School hours for Kingston pm class is 1:30 pm-4:30 pm (3 hrs) for 2-6yrs.

Thanks for your sharing.

Hi siumanmanma,

Yes, you're right because we got the confirmation letter from Kingston & the time is 1:30-4:30, 1:30-4:00 only for 1 year old class.

4#
發表於 07-3-18 23:41 |顯示全部帖子

Hi siumanmama,

Most probarly I will take Kingston for my daughter, I still headache how to adjust her nap time.  But now the difficult point is no school bus will come to where I live.  So I haven't register yet.

Hi cissyc,

Yes, there is no chance to shift to am class that the staff from Kingston told me.  I am also worrying too.  Will you register before 3/21 ?  Pls share.

5#
發表於 07-3-20 00:22 |顯示全部帖子

Hi siumanmama, cissyc & DenDenmi,

It's so great to hear some feedback from other mami.

Regarding school bus issue, it should be settled now because the staff called the school bus company & they said they will specially re-arrange the bus route.  I live at Lai Chi Kok.

I am not sure will change to other kindy after 07-08 because it  depends on the school in term of caring, teaching method, quality of teacher.  On the other hands, I need to observe my daughter whether she likes the school or not.

Except Kingston, HKPS was accpeted my daughter too.  Victoria rejected even my daughter preformed well on that day.  

I will go to register on tomorrow, hopefully we can keep in touch.

6#
發表於 07-3-20 20:09 |顯示全部帖子

DenDenMi 寫道:

Diamond Hill, why you don't choose HKPS?  My son applied HKPS(Ascot), but he is on waiting list. I asked the staff whether my son still has chance, she said that my son born in Sept and he is not enough 2 when the school begins, so they will let some qualified kids to study first.  I choose HKPS(Ascot)for nursary because it is really very near where I live, I don't want let him to take long journey for nursary class, but now, oh oh!  I eventually need find school in Kowloon Tong one year earlier, I am a lazy mum cannot be lazy again as I need pick him to school from Fotan to Kowloon Tong!

Yes Yes, we need keep in touch!

Hi DenDenMi,

I gave up HKPS because they are 30 kids in one classroom as I think it will be too pack.  As I think small size of class will be much concertrate to the kids.  I fully understood the long travelling of kids is really too harsh for them.  I'm also a lazy mami.
Are you a full time housewife ?

7#
發表於 07-3-23 21:19 |顯示全部帖子

Hi siumanmama, cissyc, DenDenMi,

I got more or less the same pathway, my ideal & perfect way is Kingston/CCKG->DGJS/Marylock->U in HKG.  As I want my dauther close to me (selfish mami).  

Siumanmama,  You gave up Kingston, so where is your final target ?  Pls share.

Due to school bus issue, I haven't register yet.  Will update you all once the bus settled down.

My daughter also joined TT playgroup in Sat morning 10:30 am too.  Maybe we met before.  But I seldom to talk with other mami.  My daughter just joined 2 year old class.  Teacher is Miss peggy & Miss Sarah.   But my daughter still likes Mr. Will a lot.

Keep in touch.  

8#
發表於 07-3-24 18:28 |顯示全部帖子

Hi DenDenMi,

I don't know Mr. Will also teach 2 -year old class.  Is it weekday? As our lesson is the same time with 1 year old class.  So it seems not workable to join the class with Mr. Will.  Maybe I try to check with reception.

Yes, the school bus issue not yet settled.  The staff also suggest me to check with other school bus but I told her it is impossible because the school time of other kindy is 1:00-4:00 pm but Kingston is 1:30-4:30 pm.  So it is not work.  For taxi, it will be so expensive to spend HK$2000.00 extra / month.  I'm now waiting for final reply from school bus co.
Let's whether they can help.

[quote]
DenDenMi 寫道:
Hi, Diamond,
Is the school bus issue not yet solved?  No other transportation besides school bus and taxi?  Hee.......your daughter likes Mr. Will, why you switch the teachers?  As I know Mr Will also teach 2-year old class. [quote]

9#
發表於 07-3-25 14:37 |顯示全部帖子

Hi siumanmama,

Yes, they hold the place for my daughter but I must settle down asap.  Otherwise, they will release the place to others.

I need go to work, so it is not workable to drive.  If take MTR, it will be from Lai Chi Kok to Kowloon Tong.  I think it needs to take around 45 minutes from home to school.  

siumanmama 寫道:
DiamondHill,

You said you haven't registered.  Do you mean...Kingston is still holding a place for your daughter?

Can you take MTR from Lai Chi Kok to
Kowloon Tong? Or you can drive her to school. :wink:

10#
發表於 07-3-25 14:40 |顯示全部帖子

Hi DenDenMi,

I am expectating our kids to be classmate.  If really give up Kinston, I will go to HKPS pm class.  Let's see what will happen next.  Keep in touch.

DenDenMi 寫道:
Dear Diamond Hill,
Yes ar, taking taxi everyday is quite impossible,  if the school bus issue cannot be solved, do you have another choice for your kid?  But I hope the issue can be solved as soon as possible, let our kids become classmates!!!     

11#
發表於 07-3-31 17:00 |顯示全部帖子

Hi siumanmama

Not yet finalized.  Hopefully can settle down asap.

[quote]
siumanmama 寫道:
DiamondHill,
Any update regarding the school bus issue?

[quote]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題