用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Anyone admitted to Kindergarten of KCIS 2012-13?
發新帖
樓主: josechan
go

Anyone admitted to Kindergarten of KCIS 2012-13? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-12-21 00:45 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 Arcana 於 11-12-21 00:49 編輯

回復 joey.yip02 的帖子

Being accepted by KCIS is not easier than ESF.

I experienced both and got admission offers.

During ESF kinder’s interview, kids are required to response to simple question verbally or physically.  When ESF kinder invites you to join the play visit, it means spot is available for you and you are likely to be accepted if none of unexpected happens during the play visit.  It’s a lottery without solid test but categorization discriminates Cantonese speaking children only.

KCIS requests more nowadays.  Not all interviewees could get offer.  I think KCIS places importance on the ability of using English and the personality of child and parents.  Though KCIS doesn’t lift the barrier for Cantonese speaking children, it doesn’t mean local kids still have better opportunities if kids are not up to par.

In my daughter’s class (K/KCIS), there are local kids are able to speak fluent English with nice accent and Cantonese and Mandarin as well.  I quite admire them for their linguistic ability.  That’s what KCIS is looking for.

2#
發表於 12-2-8 11:36 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 Arcana 於 12-2-8 11:56 編輯

The total number of student in both 4 Reception classes and 3 P1 classes is around 80.  School places remain unchanged even some students would escape after completion of Reception.  What school does is to fill up with new student if place is available rather than reduce 1 class.
In terms of class regrouping (4 R --> 3 P1), I think school arranges it because:
1) school has considered that pre-schoolers can receive better care and easily get used to new environment in smaller class.  So, the class size of KG and Reception is around 20.
2) it aims to provide full-day session for P1 – P6 within limited resources.  The class size is around 26.

3#
發表於 12-2-20 11:45 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 Arcana 於 12-2-20 11:46 編輯

回復 mikeivybb 的帖子

I think so, too.  Mine now is in KG1.  I’m searching evidence of that.  Most sayings seem mix both streams up and conclude it wildly.  Insiders seldom talk about it.

4#
發表於 12-2-27 12:32 |顯示全部帖子
回復 crystalpui 的帖子

Do you know the exact school time of local stream?

5#
發表於 12-2-27 13:11 |顯示全部帖子
回復 crystalpui 的帖子

Got it.  Thx.

6#
發表於 12-10-5 00:35 |顯示全部帖子
There is no huge difference between KCIS and other IS in terms of teaching method and teacher’s quality.

School successfully trains kids to be independent.  Don’t think teacher is not caring if teacher don’t call you and give you a report every day.  Parent can make use of the blue book to communicate with class teacher.  I got response in the past.  This way doesn’t work unless one couldn’t communicate well in English with class teacher.

School provides balanced education based on British National Curriculum but not only focuses on Mandarin or English.  If one’s expectation is not match up, it’s worth thinking twice before admission.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題