搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 ST. CAT. & KENTVILLE INTERVIEW
發新帖
樓主: BB豬MUMMY
go

ST. CAT. & KENTVILLE INTERVIEW [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-9 11:23 |顯示全部帖子
I went to SC to interview on Saturday with my daughter.  Overall I am very impressed with the logistic arrangements of the interview.

Our appointment was at 3pm but I arrived at 2:30pm.  Upon waiting for around 10 to 15 minutes, we were able to go in.  We first went to a room to get the original application form, then waited for a while in another waiting room.  After that, we went to the 'Observation Room' to play the Lego blocks.  I sat away from my daughter and she did not play the blocks, just held on to a Lego figure and looked around.  Then the teacher spoke to her but she just looked at her without answering.  The only thing my daughter said to this teacher was 'Bye Bye'.

Then as we were walking to the interview room (2 sets of interviews in the room), my daughter wanted to cry but I told her that we will be talking to a teacher for a while and then we will go play slide.  And she said 'OK'.

In the interview room, I noticed that the child in front of me took a very long time to interview.  But when it was our turn, the teacher first asked my daughter her name.  No answer.  How old she is.  I showed her my two fingers hoping she will say 'Two'.  Instead she held out eight fingers.  And then the teacher pointed to me and asked her who I am.  This time, she said 'Mommy'.  Then the teacher asked 'Where's Mommy's nose?'  At first she pointed to her own nose but when asked again, she was able to point to my nose.  By that time, I think the teacher thought that she is warmed up and asked her name one more time.  This time, she put up her hand.  And then the teacher asked, 'Who's Katrina?' and my daughter was able to point to herself in the chest.  

Then came the color matching blocks.  The teacher started with putting a red block to a red colored grid, and asked my daughter to put a blue one to the blue grid.  For the yellow one, she asked her what color it was and my daughter fortunately answered correctly.

The next 'test' is matching a bird, dog and fish on a picture.  She was able to match all but refused to say the names of the animals.  

The last thing is the hooks.  The teacher said, 'Now you try to put the hooks together while I talk to your Mommy.'  That's when she asked me why I picked this school and what do we do during the weekend.  I was looking at the teacher as I was answering those questions and she was looking at me sometimes and other times, writing her evaluation.  Although I told myself I will attend the interview without any pressure (since my daughter is already studying in PN class), I was really nervous when I was asked the questions.

Finally, the teacher said, 'Let's see how you did with the hooks.'  My daughter just held all of them in one hand (pretending that she has finished) but actually she did not succeed, but I think the teacher wants us out of there already and said, 'Well Done!'

We didn't even get a sticker!

All in all, I think SC is a very good school and the teachers are very well-qualified.  The logistics and administration are all well-managed.  And I am saying this from experience.  Because last year, when I went to interview for HKPS Kln Tong, I felt like I was a refugee, it was inhumane!

Anyway, considering my daughter does not usually answer other people, I think she did well during the interview.  (so I took her to McDonald's afterwards).  However I don't know if she will get admitted or not, I think it's 50/50.  But I do wish all parents' children here be able to get into a school they enjoy!  Good luck!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題