樓主: Dr.T
go

Hello, Dr.T speaking... [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-3-24 15:05 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 各位給Dr.T的pm

Dear Dr. T,
Sleeping problem
My son (23months old) is having sleeping problem.
(It is not a standard problem that can be found in books/internet: he can sleep on his own, so not related to sleeping association, normally he will not cry during the nite.  We saw a few family doctors but they just replied me briefly saying that it will improve when he gets older).
He normally sleeps from 10:xxpm - 7:xx/8:xxam, in the afternoon 2:xxpm-4:xx/5:xxpm.  During sleeping, he turns over his body, rolls over, moves his arms and legs constantly and frequently, he will have 打柯欠 too.  He moves very frequently, say, he stay quiet for a few seconds and then will move.  When he stays quiet / steady, he seems like sleeping with normal breathing, sometimes seems like dreaming with laughing sounds, but it only lasts for less than a minute and then moves.  This happens continuously.  This situation can happen (1) right from start 10:xxam til the next day morning OR (2) sleeps quietly without moving til 1:xxam/3:xxam and then starts to move for a few hours until morning.  OR (3) starts to move around 6:xxam.
Sometimes he can sleep normally (for a few days), ie. that is sleeping description found in book/internet that he sleeps in cycle pattern.
Questions:
- I really wonder, while he is moving, whether he is still sleeping, I guess not, as in the morning, I find that he has black eye circle. But he is still very active daytime.
- Did you encounter similar situations before?   
- Do you think clinical psychologist / 精神科doctor can help on this matter?

When I tried to ask this question to doctors / friends that my baby turns while sleeping, usually people will just comment that I am too nervous and that it is normal for baby.  But, the situation is that he will turn / move / roll after a few secods for a few hours, which I think is not normal situation.

I guess, Due to this long term sleep deprivation, during daytime, he is a slow learner, still cannot speak, very active with ADHD behaviour.

I am much much appreciated for reading this and offer me some comments as I feel so depressed and helpless that I don't know where I can go for help.  Many thanks again.

Carol

2#
發表於 06-7-17 18:19 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Hello, Dr.T speaking...

Dear Dr. T,

Thank you for your offer for my son's assessment performed on 13/7 (last thursday).

Especially thanks for your generosity, precious time and professional advice.

Best regards,
Carol
‹ 上一主題|下一主題