搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 陳守仁 vs 德望 點選 ?
發新帖
查看: 3660|回覆: 1
go

陳守仁 vs 德望 點選 ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-7-4 00:20 |顯示全部帖子
TSL is activity-based school like Creative school, Choi Kai Yau pri school while GHS is a traditional school like DGS, St. Mary... Actually, it is very difficult to compare them. You should choose upon your daulghter's personality.

Undoubtedly, the academic attainment in GHS is a bit higher because GHS has to adapt to the educational culture and system in Hong Kong. It is what happens in Hong Kong. The parents have no choices.

Most probably, 80% pupils will be upgraded to GHS (secondary section) if academic achievement and conducts are good. You can take it into account if you want to repeat one more time after 6 years or not.
Besides, for your information that the pupils enjoy vey much on their school life they love the teachers and teachers love the pupils.

The principal of GHS presumably does not encouge Good Hoper to attend any tutorial study because it may suffocate them to lose the interest of study and knowledge pursuit. Time and money wasting are also concerned. What she recommends, is just following the routine reading and assignements that are very good enough in learning.

They are good schools but different style.
Think twice before you make your decision

Regards,

2#
發表於 10-7-4 22:38 |顯示全部帖子
I think it is the same situation of TSL and GHS that most of parents (not all) will give up their choice because they can get the place from their beloved subsidied school.

The popularity is attributed by various factors and it is very subjective. It is rather difficult to measure it. I can say each parents may have their own apprasial on school.

My daughter is studying in GHS right now. She can learn to be independent, obedient and good in commanding the English. She does not study in any English Kindergartens before but just follow the routine assignments and additional worksheets. Up till now, she can write about 100 words weekly diary. I am so astonished that  her progress in  English is very prominent.

As I know, PTH teaching in Chinese Langauage only happens in Form one at secondary school. That may not satisfy your expectation. GHS has PTH lessions in twice a week.

The school works of traditional school must be heavier than activity-based school. It is a must. On the contrary, as your kindergarten teacher said, it is more correlational to the Hong Kong Educational System. Of course, it is a disgusting system.

You may try to think what the eduational system is in Hong Kong and which schools can fit in it. Maybe, you may find the answer.   

Regards

原帖由 elmum 於 10-7-4 01:00 發表

Hi junior_pam,

Thanks for your comments and these are the exact insight that I projected GHS's real situation. Is your daughter studied in GHS ? Do you know when GHS will start to use Putonghua in  ...

[ 本帖最後由 junior_pam 於 10-7-4 23:19 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖