搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 蘇浙 vs 柴灣聖米迦勒
發新帖
查看: 11798|回覆: 7
go

蘇浙 vs 柴灣聖米迦勒 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-12-8 10:41 |顯示全部帖子
What GIPW has written should be the 2010 result, not being published in school website.

My niece is studying in KCS P3.  I have asked her several times, but every time, she told me she had no pressure from study at all though she had a lot of dictations and tests/exams.

Homework is not too much, just 4-6 piece per day. For full day class, most can be finished in school.

[ 本帖最後由 Sorb 於 10-12-8 10:46 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 10-12-8 18:12 |顯示全部帖子
KCS primary is 傳统教學.  Not similar to "一些活動教學的直資".

3#
發表於 10-12-8 18:20 |顯示全部帖子
This statement needs correction: "Kindergarten and primary school share one basketball field".  
The true fact is the school buses occupy the basketball field for most of the time.  Kidgergarten and primary students can seldom enjoy.  But primary school has a sport field on the roof of the campus.

4#
發表於 10-12-23 15:19 |顯示全部帖子
Agree with your statement re 一流小學 .  Both KCS and 柴米 are above average schools for sure.
I think KCS outweight 柴米 in 2 key aspects only.  So, it is up to the parents to judge if it is worth of $3,100 per month.
Firstly, Mandarine environment, I trust you cannot train your children's Mandarine equivalently good as those KCS primary students with $3,100 outside.  Give you an example, the K2 kid of my friend (not from KCS) has joined a group Mandarine class for $180 an hour (once per week).  My friend thinks it is not enough, so, give the kid another 1-1 Mandarine class, which is $400 per hour (once per week).  So, only for 2 hours per week, she is spending $2,320 on her kid's Mandarine training, but the kid's mandarine ability is still not as good as those KCS K2 kids that I know.
Secondly, you are paying for the peer group.  I trust the overall quality of the students in KCS primary theorectically and generally speaking should be better than 柴米 as 柴米 is an aided school.  Aided schools cannot control the quality of the students they intake is an undeniable fact....this is why so many good aided schools changed or plan to change to DSS/private.
$3,100 means a lot to many families, so, judge it yourself if you are willing to spend it.  If not, 柴米 is definately a good choice.

5#
發表於 11-1-6 14:11 |顯示全部帖子
Starting from this year, the school will not publize the result in web.....I learnt they do this based on the advice from EDB. I know the 2010's result is slightly better than 2009.  So, you just make reference to 2009 lah.

6#
發表於 11-1-6 17:25 |顯示全部帖子
I just hearsay only....I don't know if it is really the advice from EDB.

If it is really an advice/suggestion from EDB, as long as it is not rule, you can choose to follow or not, this is why some schools still prefer to give the public transparency law.  So, we should give "clap" to those schools.

7#
發表於 11-1-6 17:45 |顯示全部帖子
At first when I learnt KCS would not publize its 2010 allocation result on web.  My 1st thinking is the result must have dropped/declined in 2010, so, not willing to disclose publicely law.  But I later found out it is actually slighly better than 2009 .....so, that is why I suggest you guys to make reference to 2009 for 2010 result law.

8#
發表於 11-1-8 10:11 |顯示全部帖子
No no GIPW, should be 張貼出黎公佈予個別查旬的蘇小家長, but parents cannot copy, testing the parents' memory : )

原帖由 GIPW 於 11-1-8 00:40 發表

HI
They will only post it in the internal office and parents are welcome to check with them.   So this is more like this approach (口頭公佈予個別查旬的蘇小家長)  I checked and memorized them.  :qui ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題