教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ICS Parents
樓主: tommyzoe
go

ICS Parents [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 06-6-6 12:32 |顯示全部帖子

Re: ICS Parents ...New Comer

Dear Ally,
I am very happy for you and I am happy that you know that you have made the right choice for your daughter.  Since you are a teacher, you should know very well what kind of education you think is good for your daughter.  Wish you and your daughter all the best!
Lenglengma   

62#
發表於 06-6-15 18:25 |顯示全部帖子

Re: ICS Parents

Dear Play,
They are "good" but they are not "nerdy" at all..so don't worry.
lenglengma :wink:

63#
發表於 06-6-20 10:43 |顯示全部帖子

Heratang,
Yes, you will get the stamps for both.  I need to know where are you coming from to school in order to find out which way is faster for you.
Lenglengma

64#
發表於 06-6-21 01:43 |顯示全部帖子

I think both ways are almost the same.  However if you go to Fotan direction, there may be more stops (signals) than going to the Royal Ascot direction.
lenglengma

65#
發表於 06-7-17 19:09 |顯示全部帖子

CherylMum,
a.) A3 size folder means those plastic waterproof ones with zipper.  You can buy those easily at stationary stores.  The zipper is the fabric kind of zipper.  I am not sure if you will understand which one I am talking about though...
b.) Buy a bigger school bag.  The A3 folder can never be fitted if not folded.  Just fold the folder and put it in the school bag.  Arts and Crafts will be put in that folder so your child's school bag will not get dirty.  You need a bigger school bag anyway because you also need to put snack box, water bottle, and spare clothes in it.
c.) Don't worry about dress code.  Many kids do not follow the dress code.  If you really want to follow, I suggest that you let your child wear uniform.  It is very reasonable priced.  Around $45 dollars per bottom and top.  Some kids do wear uniform in R2 and R1 classes.  
d.) No.
e.) No restrictions on shoes, unless it is sandals.  Also, "fancy" or "sparkling" ones are not suggested, because they will distract children in class.
Be it leather or fabric, black, white, navy, red or brown.  It doesn't really matter.  However, I suggest that you buy velcro closure ones.  Don't buy shoe lace ones unless your child can manage to tide very efficiently by him/herself.
Hope this helps.

66#
發表於 06-8-8 11:00 |顯示全部帖子

Hello all ICS moms,
I know we are all very excited about tommorrow.  Don't forget to bring all the documents needed.
Plus, I think it is a good idea to bring your kids to somewhere special, e.g. park, picnic etc.  to celebrate the last day of school, and to make going back to school something special!

Are R1C teachers Mrs. Wong and Mrs. Gurung?
Has this arrangement changed?
Anyone enrolls in R2D Mrs. Rigadon's class?
Anyone here enrolls in P1 Mrs. Paine's class?
Blessings,
lenglengma

67#
發表於 06-8-8 18:22 |顯示全部帖子

Mrs. Wong is very nice and is very good with children.  Don't worry about it. :wink:

68#
發表於 06-8-8 21:17 |顯示全部帖子

allymcbeal,
We will probably take them to have a picnic somewhere after the registration.
My kids just can't wait to get back to school!  They are also very excited about tommorrow's day-out.
Panfold park was good, but it is closed for renovation, so I guess I just need to find somewhere else.
lenglengma

69#
發表於 06-8-18 11:10 |顯示全部帖子

Yes..parents seem very involved at ICS.

70#
發表於 06-8-19 01:13 |顯示全部帖子

I was at the Back to School Night tonite.  Although my son is only in P1, I started to feel stress for him already.
They were talking about the Chinese studies placement test iin G1....and I was a bit worried about that since my son doesn't read or write Chinese.  They also need to memorize bible verse every week.  They have to revise their Chinese studies material at home everyday after school....all of a sudden I felt that my son has grown up and he is no longer in kindergarten anymore!

71#
發表於 06-8-19 10:17 |顯示全部帖子

CherylMum,
They are provided a book and a CD.  They need to take those home to practice the material (just verbal, not written yet) with the CD.
My son was a bit clueless...so I had to practice with him.
lenglengma

72#
發表於 06-8-19 21:10 |顯示全部帖子

allymcbeal,
I surely miss the way they were....   

73#
發表於 06-8-22 18:23 |顯示全部帖子

Ah....we should all prepared for revising homework for our kids!!  How stressful it is!

74#
發表於 06-8-25 18:03 |顯示全部帖子

siuhanhan,
Did your daughter just transfer from local school to ICS?
lenglengma

siuhanhan 寫道:
Cheerfulmama,

I am no idea about her classmates how long they took time for doing homeworks, but I will ask another mama later.

For my daughter, she would like to do homeworks but her slow actions sometime I can't stand it!

The Bible tests is OK for her because she likes to learn bible and she can handle the written tests.

However, she have some difficulty in understanding each word of spelling sheet (about 20 words) and commit to memory all of them, and then facing the Spelling Tests on every Fridays.  

Furthermore, I have to check dictionary together with her in knowing that how to use each word for doing Spelling Activities Sheet on Thursday (on the other hand, you should prepare study bible verse for next day).

To sum up my two weeks experience, indeed, this is common case for those who are studying in local school as a primary student.  I think is good for them to learn more vocabularies.  In this case, I would admit for my impatience with her. :wink:

75#
發表於 06-10-9 21:06 |顯示全部帖子

The primary principle is not Kelly Polish or Davis London...
Are you the parent of the kid being kicked out from ICS?
By the way, it is called ICS, not ISC.

76#
發表於 06-10-10 00:06 |顯示全部帖子

I think ICSfather is the one whose kid got kicked out from ICS. We should ignore him, or just let him/her speak. The more he/she speaks, the more it reflects the stupidity of him/her.
It is funny to read how he/she wrote about us being the internet cop of "ISC". Go find an international school which offers free education for your kids then, if you can find one, please kindly let us know.
ICS got the land and money from the government for a reason. The government wouldn't just give money to a non-sense school. ICS is indeed the only private International school which received money and land from the H.K. government. Of course there was a good reason behind it. Besides, there are only a couple of IS which don't require debentures nowadays. ICS debentures are reasonable and it is refundable. If you don't pay the debentures, they offer you financial relief. Which school does that? ICS does not kick people out because they can't afford to pay the debenture. There are plenty of ICS kids which receive debenture relieves this year.

77#
發表於 06-10-10 21:10 |顯示全部帖子

Every school reserves the right to either accept or decline a kid.  They also reserve the right to terminate or keep.  I understand every parents do not want to hear their kids do not meet a school standards, but these things happen although they are hard to accept.  Our basic instinct is to blame it on the school, teacher, educational system, headmaster, principle, rather than accepting our kids are really causing any problems at school.  If you are not meeting a certain academic standards in a University, a university reserves the right to kick a kid out, right?  Why all of a sudden blame the school for it?  Was it really due to disability of your kid?  Was it a behavior problem?  Why do we call it a discrimination?  As parents we can never find out what is going on in a classroom vs. at home.  

Last year I was helping out in the R2 classroom.  I remember the kids needed to take an accessment test to determine whether or not they will be able to go to P1.  A kid at that class couldn't even tell the difference between A and B.  He scored the lowest in class.  The principle recommended his parents to let him repeat.  His parents were very pissed off and had their son switched to another school.  I was there and I knew that kid was really not up to the standards.  P1 kids now learn how to write cursives, math, phoenics, memorize long bible verses etc.  How is that kid going to achieve these things since he couldn't even tell the difference between A and B?  It was a painful decision for the school and the parents, but what could the school do?  Other school might keep the kid without even telling you your child's progress to prevent troubles or conflicts.  As long as your kid is in the school, paying tuitions, then they are okay with it.  Think about the case which mentioned earlier regarding the kid being terminated.  ICS could probably let the kids stay.  Why not?  The kid was paying tuitions, ICS was earning money from the kid's family.  ICS decided to terminate the kid for a reason.  You see, when ICS terminates a kid, they need to find a kid to substitute that kid.  No school will ever want to lose a kid, that is where the money comes from.  Unless the kid is really doing destructive things in class, or disturbing the whole class from learning.  Or...ICS does not have the facilities to co-operate with this disable kid.  I don't know what that kid's disabilities are, but at least ICS was just telling the truth.  If they didn't have the facilities or faculties to cope with the kid's disability, then they will let you know, and it is a good thing that they let you know.  They didn't have to do that.  Think about it, if they didn't tell you or they kept your kid at their school....it was not doing any good to your kid.  At least now you found a school which can provide special care for your kid.

Sorry for the long message.  So far, as a ICS parents myself, and as a parent for two kids.  My kids had been in two schools in the U.S. and two IS in H.K.  Myself used to study in two IS in Hong Kong....I personally think that ICS is the best, and it is different from other IS in Hong Kong.  Teachers, parents, kids....they are very different.  I enjoy my kids being there, and I do see great changes and major academic improvement in them.

Let's see if their new campus will be built in the near future to determine if the rumors are true or not.

78#
發表於 06-10-26 15:39 |顯示全部帖子

神召會is異端?   

79#
發表於 06-10-27 17:14 |顯示全部帖子

Amazing ICSfather is definately the "internet terrorist" of ICS...
I really do not think the ICSfather is a Christian.  ICS is definately a mainstream Christian school, it is not Mormons, nor the "Science" religion which ICSfather talked about (you know the oneTom Cruise belongs).  ICS正經到唔正經。我反而覺得ICSfather越講越怪﹐越講越唔make sense。將所有其缺點﹐怪標準暴露于人前。而家我反而明白點解佢個仔或女俾人踢出校點解佢講極都唔明啦。因為只因佢套理論真係....唉﹗計續講人地只會覺得你有問題。唔洗再咁踩ICS啦。無用架。

80#
發表於 06-10-27 18:50 |顯示全部帖子

係咪一定要有教派之分呢﹖ICS教既咩野會令人覺得係異端呢﹖我都想聽聽。
如果你朋友失遇算﹐學校又唔好既話﹐其實可以轉校﹐無謂讀得咁辛苦嗎, 唔會無其他出路架。大把選擇。
其實而家查不多度度IS都要俾debenture囉﹐除左英基。點解你朋友唔同佢個小朋友轉英基呢﹖  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題