教育王國 討論區 國際學校 No Cantonese in RC pl pl pl
發新帖
查看: 6434|回覆: 1
go

No Cantonese in RC pl pl pl [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-10 22:30 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My sons are studying in RC for 2 yrs.
We felt very exciting when they just switched to RC.

But now, I feel very disappointing.
When I walk through the school. all the students are speaking Cantonese in the canteen, playground or office. We will not think this is an IS. It just is a local school with foreigers as teachers only.

I ask my sons what language they have used at school. They said all students are communicate with Cantonese except those foreigners. My sons either afraid speak English out of school and can't speak English as fluent as other ESF students.

Other parents told me that the principal doesn't ban to use Chinese at school. I don't believe as I know other ESF school has banned their students to communicate in Chinese at school except in Chinese lesson.

Therefore, I send an e mail to the principal to state my concern. He has replied me this.

" We will never ban students from using their first language whether it is Chinese or Hebrew. To do this would be contrary to our Mission and philosophy."

Now I am thinking I have two choices only.
One is change another IS (but this is not my will).
Second, is to join other parents to state our concern about the use of language at school.

RC parents, do you have my concern?
Pl join together and give your opinion to school.

[ 本帖最後由 yeung2212 於 09-11-10 22:52 編輯 ]
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-11-11 22:24 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for both of your reply.
I think there are many reasons why the parents send their children to IS.
For me, just simply, I want my child can speak fluent English. If an IS can't provide an English environment to the students and their students can't speak fluent English, this school is an  local English school only.

When my son had studied in local school before, he had the private tutor for English. But now, he still needs the private tutor for English. This is my unexpected result.

I have called other ESF school today, they said that they can't do the internal transfer as RC is PIP. I feel very very disappointing and sad.
After discussing with my husband, we have reached a dicision. We will help my younger son to switch to other IS as soon as possible.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖