用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 港IB考生平均分超全球 英基加拿大國際漢基包攬7滿分狀 ...
發新帖
樓主: elbar
go

港IB考生平均分超全球 英基加拿大國際漢基包攬7滿分狀元 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-7-25 15:34 |顯示全部帖子
I don't know any university intake officers, but, judging from the fact that CIS students do go to very good universities, it doesn't appear to me that those who are in charge of admission share any consensus that Chinese (language A or B) is a "soft" subject for Chinese students.

2#
發表於 11-7-26 10:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-7-25 23:13 發表

I am thinking English in Group 2, A SL in Literature and Language Study; Chinese in Group 1, B. He may score Chinese 7 and English 6. ...

Sounds like a good move.

On the other hand, it's a tough call for those students whose Chinese is not as good as their English. Making them take Chinese A is to risk dropping 1 or 2 points, which may turn out to be more than crucial.

I can now start to understand why some lower secondary students at my son's school are asking their kids to learn a third language (Spanish and Latin are most popular at the moment).  Probably their parents are thinking of not doing Chinese in IBDP exam and taking Spanish/Latin B instead.  The problem with this approach is, without Chinese, they have to give up HKU/CU law and medicine.

So many factors to consider.  Need to think and rethink.

3#
發表於 11-8-25 11:08 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 slamai 於 11-8-23 22:51 發表
Latest updates on VSA's 2011 IB results: ...

Can't say these results are very encouraging.

Of the 56 students, only 17 (less than 1/3) managed to score 35 or above.   The majority are very average: 28 of them, exactly half of the total 56 students, got 30 - 34.  Quite a significant number, 11 of them, got 29 or below.  And, one failed to get a diploma.

Seems that VSA has a lot of work to do.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖