搜索
教育王國 討論區 升中派位 DGS 面試
發新帖
樓主: 231164
go

DGS 面試 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-3-7 11:21 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter now is studying at DGS, Secondary one. She was interviewed by the headmistress last year and the content of interview was mainly about her studying life, her primary school and some tricky questions. At the briefing session for parents,the headmistress said she would ask the applicants different questions. Therefore the content of interviews will not be the same.
Having a good understanding of the applied school and your daughter's primary school and fluent in spoken English with good manner are the key points. Last year, they did screen out some 2nd interviewees. That means they are not admitted. However, a few applicants gave up the place because they had another offer. My daughter had 2 offers last year. THe 2 offers were given by SPCC and DGS. At last, she chose DGS.
原帖由 YUENbb1970 於 10-2-25 14:36 發表
I've received the interview letter for a meeting with the Headmistress. Anyone else? Anyone know the content of the interview? (past year)

2#
發表於 10-3-8 21:37 |顯示全部帖子
Both schools have very good learning atmosphere and academic results, long-term curriculum developments. It was rather hard to choose. We live in Kln. and so travelling time is one of our reasons. Single gender school is another reason. Last year, we got to know some applicants of DGS who gave up the place because they do not like girls' school. They prefer co-ed.

3#
發表於 10-3-9 19:42 |顯示全部帖子
1. Only a few days, including the weekend, She had the interview on that Thursday or Friday, then we received the offer letter the next Monday.
2. I think the best way to know more about the schools is to visit the school websites and read all the information.  
    3. It is not easy for a 12-year-old girl to adapt a new schhol, new classmates and new teachers. Now,more than 6 months, she feels happy to study there because she can fit in the school academic standard and make progress.

4#
發表於 10-3-10 19:43 |顯示全部帖子
She usually arrives at school at about 8:00. The school hours start at 8:10 a.m.

5#
發表於 10-3-14 12:06 |顯示全部帖子
How did my daughter make her decision last year? My husband and I listed all the strengths of both schools on a list, especially public examination  results, for DGS, the average score of the announced reports, is a little bit, I can't remember the data, higher than the other school we mentioned.
Girls learn to be tough in a single gender school. However, some parents and girls don't like that environment.  I think you and your daughter need to consider this point.
I do believe teachers at both school are specialized in teaching bright students.
No matter which school you choose, secondary one will be a challenge for a child who goes to a new school.
I didn't reply your question at once because I think it is a very serious question and so I don't want to affect  you but I just want to be honest to tell you what we, my daughter, my husband and I  thought.

6#
發表於 10-3-28 08:41 |顯示全部帖子
Last year, my daughter got the offer from SPCC first because she was admitted in early February through the "Outstanding Students Scheme"and the deadline of registration was in mid February ,so we registered at SPCC, then we got the offered from DGS in late February after the 2nd interview. Then we took the "P.6 student Identity Slip"from SPCC and took it to DGS last year.
原帖由 lanking 於 10-3-27 13:17 發表
你試吓問「收咗張升中纸」間中學肯唔肯比番你。因為曾見過討論區有家長留言試過取回(唔知邊間學校),不過唔知真定假,要考慮清楚。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖