發新帖
樓主: voasia
go

保良局蔡繼有學校 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-9-26 09:21 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 保良局蔡繼友學校

Hi voasia,

I'm not a CKY parent because my child is just a K1 student.  Same as you, I like the school's 教育方式和理念.  I always keep an eye on your and other  parents' views of this school.  Please keep on sharing with us!

I heard that the school's financial status is not very good, not even to support a better school library system, is it true?  Has it been improved yet?  About the school campus, I have the same expectation, too.  It was claimed to be the largest primary school in HK, what is your view?

The book you mentioned ("Guess how much I love you") is a lovely book.   

2#
發表於 05-9-26 09:26 |顯示全部帖子

Both CKY & Yew Chung borrow the building (it used to be 柏立基) as temporary campus.  Yew Chung charges much much more than CKY.

3#
發表於 05-9-26 14:29 |顯示全部帖子

Thank you so much, voasia!  To have high quality parents (like you) is also a sign for a high quality school.  

4#
發表於 05-10-3 08:59 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 保良局蔡繼有學校

voasia 寫道:
happy123:
你好!我對CKY的前景相對更有信心的原因是:

3.師資力量強大,並且沒有迅速擴張的意圖.有些學校有很大的擴張意圖,一旦反應良好便迅速擴張,大量增加收生人數和分校,這樣很容易造成管理上的問題.
Voasia

Hi!  voasia,

It's me again.  Regarding to the above point, I have the same view as yours.  Not only such school will have management problem, but also the integrity of the whole school; and a weak sense of belonging found on staff, teachers & students.  I cannot imagine how that school would be by having just certain year levels of students.  An isolated school with isolated students?

I also want to add something about native speaker teachers.  It is not unusal that they have a high turnover rate.  It does exit in other international schools, too.  In fact, it is very difficult to find a native speaker teaching in a foreign country for years.  I don't know their salary arrangements.  However, does the salary includes housing allowance and/or other benefits?  What is the salary arrangement of the teachers in other international schools?

越看你的回應, 我越覺得你是一位十分有見地的家長.  Thank you so much for your sharing!     

5#
發表於 05-10-31 13:03 |顯示全部帖子

Hi voasia,

I have recently noted that the school has appointed Mr Ip Tin Yau as Curriculum Consulant (I guess he is mainly in charge of developing its IGCES and IB Diploma).  It seems that the school has achieved a big step in organising the secondary course.  Do you know the progress and how is it going?

6#
發表於 05-10-31 13:34 |顯示全部帖子

That sounds good and thanks EdT!  So how's the progress on the IB DP?  I know some of the schools won't put a lot of resources into the programme and get authorisation from IBO until they have the first batch of secondary graduates.  What is the direction of CKY then?

By the way, is Mr Ip the principal of CAIS?

7#
發表於 05-11-3 14:24 |顯示全部帖子

EdT 寫道:
HuiTing

Mr Ip 好似係鄰校校長。IB plan 要等份consultant 報告。

EdT

If Mr Ip was the ex-principal of 鄰校, then he is now the principal of CAIS lah!  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題