用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 SWCK - ESF Kindergarten (Sheung Wan)
發新帖
樓主: piggyloo
go

SWCK - ESF Kindergarten (Sheung Wan) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-1-11 00:49 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
hi, my situation's....my daughter's studying in small world christian kindergarten K2 and we love the school so much, i thought she will finish the K3 here and then join the ESF primary school next year.....but today i received an offer from ESF Kindergarten (Sheung Wan).....so now still thinking about what to do...my concern's:

1. as the ESF primary is my target (we r living in HK side), is that ESF Sheung Wan really have a higher priority than SWCK? as i know the competition on the seat in ESF primary in HK side's much less than kln or NT....so some said as we r living in Hk side, so my daughter can get the seat very easy even she is not from ESF kindergarten......is that really true? can any SWCK graduated kids' parents can help me on the question?

2. as SWCK really a lovely school and we love it so much, so i really dont wanna give up, is that ESF kindergarten really got 100% offer on the ESF primary?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-1-11 09:42 |顯示全部帖子
Hi 502,

ur case's exactly like mine, my kid's bornt in 1jan2004, so she's in K2 but just can offer a seat in ESF kindergarten K1, but as she love SWCK so much, so what do u think? u will choose stay in SWCK and then go to ESF primary or study in ESF kinder in term of a higher priority to enter ESF primary?

as we r in cat2, no relationship, no passport, english's not our mother language.....so if we keep on SWCK, really can enter ESF primary?

3#
發表於 08-1-11 09:44 |顯示全部帖子
is that the students in ESF sheung wan kinder mainly the local kids? how's the english standard? the kids often communicate between them in cantonese??

4#
發表於 08-1-11 10:23 |顯示全部帖子
she's in D2, i'm just wondering as she love the teachers so much and i like the studying environment there.......but for safety.......i'm wonder if she can sure got an interview for ESF primary.....

also concern about the english standard, as right now she got almost half classmates' non-chinese.....so she can have a very good environment for english speaking....but if move to ESFSW...i heard that most of the students there r hkese....is that will limited her english exploring? as they will communicate in cantonese after school or even in the class?

[ 本文章最後由 piggyloo 於 08-1-11 10:29 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 08-1-11 14:09 |顯示全部帖子
that's right OKmom!

and my daughter started at SWCK from dec2006 (at that time she's in K1) already, so she had been in SWCK more than 1 yr.......that's why i'm so concern on the problem as she's in SWCK for a while already.....

so any parents in SWCK can share with me on the experienced for entered to ESF primary? is that SWCK students (chinese that's mother language's not english but can communicate in english very well) can easy to enter ESF primary (HK side)? as i know every year at the dec or jan....there always have the ESF primary teachers to visit the SWCK.....i dont know if they r picking the candidates to enter the ESF primary? if yes, is that mean even SWCK also have the higher priority as ESF kindergarten for enter the ESF primary?

i'm thinking if really not much different (i mean the chance to enter ESF primary) between SWCK and ESFSW....then very possible i can let my daughter stay in SWCK....

anyway i'm asked to have an visit to the ESFSW kindergarten at 21jan pm....so see if my daughter like that environment.....

原文章由 OKmom 於 08-1-11 13:14 發表
I think what happens here is, Piggyloo's daughter was born in Jan2004, that is why she is offered to K1 2007/08 year. SWCK has different age criteria from ESF kindy, so her child can start in K2. Whil ...

6#
發表於 08-1-11 17:20 |顯示全部帖子
my daughter started at SWCK from dec2006 (at that time she's in K1) already, so she had been in SWCK more than 1 yr.......that's why i'm so concern on the problem as she's in SWCK for a while already.....

so any parents in SWCK can share with me on the experienced for entered to ESF primary? is that SWCK students (chinese that's mother language's not english but can communicate in english very well) can easy to enter ESF primary (HK side)? as i know every year at the dec or jan....there always have the ESF primary teachers to visit the SWCK.....i dont know if they r picking the candidates to enter the ESF primary? if yes, is that mean even SWCK also have the higher priority as ESF kindergarten for enter the ESF primary?

i'm thinking if really not much different (i mean the chance to enter ESF primary) between SWCK and ESFSW....then very possible i can let my daughter stay in SWCK....

anyway i'm asked to have an visit to the ESFSW kindergarten at 21jan pm....so see if my daughter like that environment.....

7#
發表於 08-1-12 18:00 |顯示全部帖子
hi,

in that case....pretty similar to Swck....also have special arrangement to view SWCK before the normal interview time...

so any parents from SWCK can confirm on that? is that no matter my daughter still in swck or esf sw....also have the priority as the swck also have close connecting to esf primay?

原文章由 Patricialo 於 08-1-12 11:52 發表
As outlined in their last newsletter, most of the K2 children (over 95%) go to ESF primary school.  The kindy will have a special arrangement with these primary schools for their interviewing personne ...

8#
發表於 08-1-15 12:16 |顯示全部帖子
so which kindergarten ur daughter's studying in?

piggy

原文章由 babyoush 於 08-1-15 12:05 發表

我個女間學校都話esf有特別安排去佢地度參觀, 不過唔知真唔真, 我都未問佢地今年上小一o既情況, 聽日返學校問下d小朋友去咗咩小學先

9#
發表於 08-1-25 16:52 |顯示全部帖子
can any parents can share more informations about the ESF SW?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題