教育王國 討論區 九龍塘宣道小學 APS 採用牛津RWI英語課程?
發新帖
查看: 5819|回覆: 0
go

APS 採用牛津RWI英語課程? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-18 16:28 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# ChiChiPaPa 的文章

All Phonics curriculum should be done and taught by the native teacher at APS.  Phonics and esp. IPA is quite difficult and boring but they are very helful to the children's English pronouciation and learning.  I found that it is very useful for them to read. I also think it is a common phenomana that the upper form APS students are quite confidence in reading and speaking english.  They do not afraid of unfamiliar vocabularies.  At least they would try to pronoun them.

It is a long way of learning Phonics and IPA at APS.  Starting from P1, Phonics is introduced, for some kindergarten children they have learned in the kinders but they need to start over because some are new to the system.

Personally I think it is proper for the lower form students to get familiar with Phonics first.  They need to learn and to master the Phonics sound and skills before they start IPA.  Otherwise, it is too difficult for them to regonize the sound and the symbols at the same time.  It can be very boring to learn IPA so if they have too much difficulties, they will give up easily!

Watch out once IPA is introduced, your children may have quite a lot of difficulties in learning and achieving good result from test and exam.  Get them prepare.

"在復課無望下,我打算為小女開始IPA的課程,只要開電腦上網便可,有沒有高年級的家長一起分享"

It's good idea to prepare them the Phonics or IPA during these "holidays".  Would you pls share how you plan to do that or any recommened websites??
‹ 上一主題|下一主題