用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 language policy at home,please share!
發新帖
查看: 3867|回覆: 4
go

language policy at home,please share! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-8-20 17:55 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I want my girl (4.5months)to study in international school so that me and my husband are using English to talk to her(with complete English sentence but not 半中半英). At the same time I use Putonghua to comunicate with her every Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday.The other days are in English. We let her listen to Spanish.French,Italian and German. She will soon attend different language lessons(Spanish, French). For this reason, i  know my girl will start to talk at a very late age,maybe  1.5yrs or 2yrs .
How about yours?Please share ......

[ 本帖最後由 newmama0724 於 08-8-21 22:36 編輯 ]
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-8-26 12:45 |顯示全部帖子
This actually means that BB can handle so many languages at the same time, isn't it?

原帖由 EugeneMami 於 08-8-23 17:59 發表
認識一個日本媽咪,佢唔識中文,同老爺奶奶住(HK人),小朋友3歲人仔已懂替他們翻譯.

另一家人,老人家講普通話+鄉下話,daddy講英文,媽咪講中文.自自然然就懂4種語言. ...

3#
發表於 08-8-26 12:54 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for leaving messages on this topic.

At first, I had the same thinking of you all, too many languages at the same time. Can my BB handle all those languages? But I know there are so many examples that BB expose to different languages at a very young age and it works. I mean the BB can learn all those languages at the end.

Like the Scandinavian, most of them expose to so many languages at the same time (Norwegian, Swedish, Finish, English, and maybe other language), that’s why they can speak so many languages. There are researches or findings indicate that BB can actually handle so many languages at the same time. And before age1, BB can differentiate the differences between languages. After that, this precious ability will disappear.

I am not an ambitious mum and I won’t want my girl to learn all those languages in the long run. English, Putonghua, Cantonese, and one other language should be enough.

The reason for letting her expose to Spanish, French, German, Italian, English, Putonghua and Cantonese is that the pronunciation of all those languages is unique. Like the French can not pronounce the letter “h”, the Japanese can not pronounce the letter “r”. The English and we can not pronounce nasal sound. The research shows that letting the BB expose to different languages at 0 age helps to build up the foundation of learning languages. The Russian are good language learners because the Russian cover a wide range of pronunciation.

My husband and I don’t want to waste my girl’s language learning ability before age 1 and want to help her to build up a good language learning foundation in the future, that’s why we choose to do this.

Now my girl is attending language lessons and many schoolmates are below age 1.This trend is getting popular.

Welcome to share your view!

[ 本帖最後由 newmama0724 於 08-8-26 14:10 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 11-2-10 23:12 |顯示全部帖子
I'm happy to know that this topic is still here coz it dissapeared after few months!

My girl started to talk when she was 14months old though I let her learned and listened to few languages (untill now). She is now mainly speak in English and understand Putonghua and Cantones.

5#
發表於 11-2-11 12:41 |顯示全部帖子
你好搞笑,你說「個人意見,唔好罵我.」,我讀到呢度笑左出黎,嚴肅得黎好幽默!

BK太多人鐘意罵人,我完全明白你的意思!

條條大路通羅馬,每人的價值與看法不同,當然也會採取不同的方法,當年我的BB太細,我完全沒有經驗,想問問過來人對語言的看法,我遵從自己所認為適當的方法教導佢,過程中又並沒有我所擔心的情況出現,我已很滿意了!

原帖由 PCMW 於 11-2-11 12:16 發表
我仔剛得到cais取錄,佢會讀IS,我地在家全cantonese,我不認為要同時學幾種外語才入到IS.

我的看法是,如果你的母語是什麼,就說什麼.因為(例子):

我表弟家裏background是不同大人有不同母語,故表弟4歲時已懂4種語言. ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題