搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Any KCIS parents here?
發新帖
查看: 13821|回覆: 1
go

Any KCIS parents here? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-10-8 15:25 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, saw this and can't wait to share our experiences too....

Our kid is also a K1 student in KCIS this year. We're so happy to move him from another international school to this school. The teachers there are very nice and caring, and we are always well informed of what our son does in school (by emails weekly, notices & blue book daily, classwork & class notes monthly and talking with the teachers too).  The school takes the UK curriculum, and so it's the same as our son's previous school. The main difference is KCIS provides Putonghua studies on a daily basis. This is also the reason why we move him to KCIS. We don't want him to learn/speak English only. Our son did not learn/cannot speak Putonghua before, but after a month there, he speaks a lot and sings some Putonghua songs at home. He really speaks a lot, you know. Considered the short span of time in KCIS, we felt so amazing. The School also provides notes to parents of what the students are taught. We can monitor his classwork and progress closly.  Before we move him to KCIS, we concern on the Englisih standard of KCIS - it may not be as good as other interational schools, as it looks not that internaional (our son's previous school has more western kids than KCIS). However, the KCIS teachers are either natives or Asian face but speaking native English. The most important is they are very nice and caring to children. Our son is very happy there and always asks for school. He enjoys going to school very much and eventually we felt he even learns more than his previous school. We think this is what we called "happy learning". He knows what he learns in school and will tell us happily. We must say we really make an excellent decision!

P.S.  The only loophole is no PTA. Maybe we can reflect our request to the school?

2#
發表於 07-10-10 12:08 |顯示全部帖子
Vitang:
My son is in KG2. His teachers are Ms. Chow, Janny and Ade. He likes them so much and always says "I like the teachers, I like school". He even asks for school on Sunday. Funny.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題