發新帖
查看: 7499|回覆: 3
go

SMC and TSL [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

1#
發表於 10-11-4 22:09 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 kanahose 於 10-11-4 08:44 發表
TSL E-C StreamP.6法語程度=E-F Stream P.3程度.唔知道升中學後有那些可以函接到?而SMC聽講升中一後要學生所選修的第三語言考初級公開試,到畢業前再考多次高級的,我想將來畢業後有一定優勢. ...

In SMC, starting from P.3, the foreign language lesson increased to 2-3lessons per week, whereas in TSL, it's still 1 lesson per week.  So this is the main difference between the 2 schools in terms of language study.  my guess is because SMC student doesn't need to submit marks in P.5 and P.6, school has more flexibility to allocate time whereas TSL must push the students to work hard for mark submission and S.1 allocation.

醒目開學勳章

2#
發表於 10-11-5 11:50 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 silvia_ng 於 10-11-4 22:53 發表

唔係喎, 我仔而家日文堂, 一星期都有兩日喎。P1果時都係。點解你會話得一堂?

BTW, TSL小一中文係廣東話教, 主要目的係想小朋友習慣升小生活, 如果一下子全英又PTH, 小朋友可能未必HANDLE到。而家呀仔小二, PTH教 ...

Silvia,
THanks for correcting my outdated info.  That would allow parents to know more.   Both are good schools and it's very important for parents to know what they want and which style suits thier children better

醒目開學勳章

3#
發表於 10-11-9 18:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 aiyah 於 10-11-9 08:59 發表
Hi G-ma, can u share more about the chi standard in SMC? does the school put enough emphasis on this ?
Or, any other parents know?

for P.1, SMC use 現代's Chinese textbook and PTH book (p.1) and 高效識字(P.2).every day they have Chinese lesson and I think they put enough emphasis on this.  Recent Parent-teach meeting there are comments that Chinese Homework is difficult.  But you must accept the fact that student in SMC would definitely have better English skills and preference to English.  Yesderday my daughter did an online Math exercise and she left the Chinese mode and switched to the English mode.  She just joined the school for few months.  She was gratudated from a local Chinese Kinder, so it must from the primary school that influence her choice of language

醒目開學勳章

4#
發表於 10-11-11 18:05 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 IOUbabe 於 10-11-11 13:17 發表
Hello Flostangraphy,

請問你知唔知道tsl英/法班學生的小六畢業時的法文程度如何?他們在學校是否有以法文交流?

Ha Ha, Flostangraphy will tell you his boys and girls are all communicated in French. . . . coz their mum is French

You'd better to go to TSL page to ask parents there.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題