發新帖
樓主: Dr.T
go

Hello, Dr.T speaking... [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-4-9 11:28 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 各位給Dr.T的pm

Dr. T,

I find that my son (5.5 years, 自閉傾向) is weak in hearing oral  instruction in a group. But he can concentrate well in playing piano and reading. How can we train him to response to hearing oral instruction?

Recently he became addicted to bus route. In fact since he was 3 he could remember all the MTR stations. He now keeps on searching internet to look at the different bus route in order to  remember the locations of all bus stations, then write them down on board. I don't know how to put this habit on the right track and turn it into some meaningful training method . Please advise?  Is it a feature of 自閉傾向behaviour?   

2#
發表於 05-4-11 14:22 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks Dr.T.

But what he worries me is that he does not respond well in social function / group activites as he seems to be quite distracted in hearing other's instruction. :-|

3#
發表於 05-4-12 09:51 |顯示全部帖子

Dr. T,

唔該!     

4#
發表於 05-6-6 13:29 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Hello, Dr.T speaking...

Dear mrsphcheung,

where did your son do the assessment?How much does it cost?

mrsphcheung 寫道:
Dear Dr. T,
I have a silly question to ask you as I am very anxious right now.
My child has just passed the speech assessment.  He is now 5 years & 2 months old.  His comprehension ability is 1 year ahead and expression ability is age appropriate.  He had 9-month speech delay in Jan. 2004 and he has improved rapaidly since then.  Does this results imply that he may have normal IQ?  I am extremely anxious about his IQ.  I think that I will train him intensively during these few months and send him to you for IQ assessment.....   

5#
發表於 05-6-6 13:39 |顯示全部帖子

mrsphcheung,,

Do you find him /her good? Please pm the tel no. to me as I want to  test my child's speech ability too?

6#
發表於 05-6-8 20:59 |顯示全部帖子

Dr.T

My son 5.5 complained by the teacher always day dream at school.Does not hear  what the teacher say. No intention to communicate and doesn't play with classmates. He is enjoying his own world.Now memorize bus routes over HK, and enjoy writing in the air. :cry:  :cry:

Luckily he can catch up with the syllabus as it is not so difficult and his class size is small.He loves reading both English and Chinese books.  中文認字好.
English teacher said his reading level reaches years of eight.

What should I do? What expert should I consult? 有冇好專家介紹,找你可以嗎?    

7#
發表於 05-6-8 21:55 |顯示全部帖子

Dr.T,

1.都係唔投入.唔睬同學
反而較陌生的小朋友我叫佢同人玩下和傾計仲好D,佢比較喜 歡和大人傾計

2.他明白內容的

3. 健康院巳有佢file,我call 左,護士話會等見醫生,但說好多人排緊隊.聽落似乎有排等

4. 這是自閉傾向,定係性格孤獨,我應該找邊類醫生,或者心理學家先啱,可介紹下嗎

8#
發表於 05-6-9 09:31 |顯示全部帖子

多謝你

9#
發表於 05-6-17 00:33 |顯示全部帖子

Dr.T 寫道:
個人覺得要評定一個小朋友是否屬專注力困難......

Dr.T,

講得很忠肯和詳盡,不是擦你鞋,但是真係有料到   

媽咪,

我小朋友和你年紀差不多,有同樣問題,有機會大家交流下

10#
發表於 05-8-3 23:02 |顯示全部帖子

Welcome back, 去完曼谷歎世界啦,有冇多幾両肉回來

11#
發表於 06-2-9 14:12 |顯示全部帖子

DR. T

既然大家咁有緣,無謂搞分手咁傷感D野啦.

12#
發表於 06-2-9 17:08 |顯示全部帖子

Pamam,

My son's situation is a bit like yours. My son does not have any good friend in school although he is quite well behaved.He says he only plays alone  during break time. He likes to talk only about his interests and also  mingles with adult. I feel that social skill is an aspect that can hardly be trained. The weekly social play group does not help much.My son  told us  that some classmates once asked him to eat rubber scrap and said it was nutritious. He then told the teacher, put a cross sign over his mouth and continued to do his worksheet.My husband said it was OK as long as he could handle it and protect himself. My son does not like us keep asking if  he is bullied in school. Neither does he feel comfortable if we are over concerned with his school social life. So I now learn to relax. I let him join S.T lesson which include 'Mind reading theory' and hope this can help. I think Dr.T 's advice of 如果有人能夠觀察小朋友的日常表現,從而給予意見及建議改善的方法may work. Also, have you considered joining  蕊展計劃. Once you join and  'open a file', you can have  advice from their  edu. psy at a reasonable rate, regardless of whether you join their weekly training program.

Regards.

13#
發表於 06-2-10 12:03 |顯示全部帖子

stellacl,

My son is 文靜+9唔搭8, also difficult to make friends in school. It is hard to change your son's character from active to 文靜.

Better to train our boys to be 9搭8.  

14#
發表於 06-2-10 23:16 |顯示全部帖子

pamam,

my son likes to chat with adult and gets along with adult well. He gets along with girl classmates better than the boys.Today I talked to his teacher, he said when the kids grow older, the problem will become more complicated as some boys are really naughty.Our kids should learn how to protect himself such as to find a peer group when being bullied by others rather than stay alone.

15#
發表於 07-8-10 18:40 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Doctor T,

最近我兒做了個IQ test (in English)- WISC IV-UK,請問是否你做開果個?

Result 有5個分

VC with social aspect (
由於這裏有一項差,拉低左D,所以又分并ITEM 2)
VC without social aspect

Perceptual Reasoning

Working Memory

Proceeding Speed

想問一般所講IQ分是否1,3,4,5加埋 4, 那個RANGESLOW LEARNER, 那個RANGE MR

另小兒也做了 Wechsler Individual Attainment Test (Word –UK),請問你都會做這個TEST?

16#
發表於 07-8-12 17:44 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Dr T.

謝謝回覆 ~

原文章由 Dr.T 於 07-8-12 14:08 發表
如果是在國際學校就讀多年的學生,我會用這個測試 (WISC-IV),是常用測試之一,但如果兒童只是一般本地英文程度,很大可能會被低估.

總分不是加埋細分除開,是另外再查表,所以應該還有一個分叫Full Scale IQ.

17#
發表於 07-11-30 00:11 |顯示全部帖子
delete delete

[ 本文章最後由 wewangwang 於 07-11-30 00:15 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題