放棄 st.Paul boys [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-8-14 23:20 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 andy26 於 10-8-10 15:57 發表
英華 好難入 ;
St.Paul boys ,有名氣又唔易讀

如果有得選擇,
聰明嘅你吔會唔會為咗英華而放棄 St.Paul boys 呢?

Well, I got this from my Facebook friend who's an old boy of St Paul's Boys (secondary school).  

http://www.spc.edu.hk/docs/news_from_spc_10.pdf

Pls turn to p.27 and take a look at the 2009 figures.  I was told that those who took the 2009 A level were students admitted in 2002 under the new DSS regime.

For Ying Wa, I have no idea.  I just know the Snoopy headmistress appears to be very keen in making the school famous.

2#
發表於 10-8-16 12:32 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 andy26 於 10-8-16 01:56 發表
Thank you very much for your info. It looks quite useful. However,  I am a little slow here, what does this chart really trying to show us ?

Hi andy26,

From the chart on p.27, the no. of students entering the local universities (esp. HKU and CU) stayed at a consistently high level prior to 2009.  For example, in 2008, there were altogether 37 SPC students going to HKU/CU.  However, the figure dropped to 8 in 2009.

On the other hand, the no. of students enrolling in Associate Degree/High Diploma (last row of the chart) rose abruptly from 15 in 2008 to more than doubled at 33 in 2009.

The secondary section turned into DSS in 2002 (while the primary section, according to its website, became a DSS in 2003).  I don't know if the change had attributed to the drop in academic "achievement" (sorry that I used this term to correlate "no. of students going to universities").

Well, one thing is for sure - if our kids excel well academically (and socially and much more under the new 334 arrangement), we don't need to worry.

Anyway, I will also try SPC primary for my kid.

3#
發表於 10-8-16 12:59 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 andy26 於 10-8-16 12:39 發表
Thanks a lot for your details. May I ask is your kid also studying in SPCPS?

No.  As I have mentioned in my last reply, I will try SPC primary for my son.  He's still a kindergarten student.

4#
發表於 10-8-16 15:23 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 andy26 於 10-8-16 15:00 發表
Oops, sorry. May be you can pm me when your son has the interview, then I can pm you more details about their admission procedures.  

Thank you very much!  I believe SPC (both primary & secondary) is good.  I remember during my secondary school days (my school is very near SPC), one had to get an A in English (HKCEE) before he could get a place in F.6.  So their English level should be very good.

For SPC primary, when the new school project in Pokfulam is completed, it's even more attractive for our kids to study there.  So definitely I will try it in coming Sep.  Whether my son can gain admission is another issue

[ 本帖最後由 mosesdaddy 於 10-8-16 16:42 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 10-8-21 19:40 |顯示全部帖子

回復 39# funnyguy 的帖子

Haha, I hope you do not mean I am the mgt or anybody related to the mgt.  I'm just an ordinary man on the street.  The only thing I can correlate myself with SPC is that my secondary school is very close to SPC and I know quite a no. of a SPC graduates.

My secondary school is also a band 1 school.  In our time, we had several 8 As at HKCEE and some 5 As in A level.  In fact, we scored more than 100 As among some 90 F.7 classmates, meaning that we got more than 1 A per student.  This even excelled the performance of QC.  But as you said, 一蟹不如一蟹 and the academic achievements in subsequent years dropped (luckily, we got a 10 As student in 2010 HKCEE).

Well, academical ups and downs are to be expected for every school, and SPC, my school or the one you mentioned in Kowloon are no exceptions.  However, I still believe that SPC is good and trustworthy (esp when one considers the benefits of a boys school compared to a co-ed school).

6#
發表於 10-8-21 22:44 |顯示全部帖子

回復 41# funnyguy 的帖子

Just to clarify the info is in the public domain (i.e. the Internet) instead of the school's intranet as you mentioned.  :-)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖