搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 喇沙小學 vs 英華小學
發新帖
查看: 10658|回覆: 4
go

喇沙小學 vs 英華小學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-9-2 16:44 |顯示全部帖子
I declare that My son is studying in YW P.2.

For the debate on which school to choose, it is a never ending story since it is rare example to have same children being placed in two schools for comparison.

If not, nobody here could tell which one is better.

To pick a school, it gone thro' decision making process..it involves:-

1)distant from home;
2)school fees;
3)peers in school;
4)school support;
5)school reputation;
6)school faith;
7)religion;
8)etc..varied on person

Albeit my son is at P.2 YW, I did apply LS for him since K.3..My son was born Catholic and has 20pt. but still could not succeed

My son's Churchmate is at LS and we share the examination materials..the fact is the standard is more or less the same of very high order.  

Nonetheless, YW's English examination seems a bit demanding as P.1 boy would do composition in fall term.

Doubless LS College achieves very good result in F.5 public examination.  YW lost lusture on this but also maintain amongst top school performance ( one 9A and over 70% subjects achieved C to A)

Nonetheless,.... they are somebody son and not yours nor mine.  Their standard could only give you a piece of puzzle on the average performance and there is example that LS or YW boy score 9E.

My son is studying P.2 in YW and I am proud of it.  Although it is Chirstian base, we believe in the same God.

LS certainly was my dream(it is free) however YW is quite delighting recently and the syllabus has been adjusted to more advance following DSS.

Choice is on individual and it cannot go wrong to go to either school.

2#
發表於 09-9-3 22:38 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 charwes 於 09-9-3 21:03 發表
其實家長質素係 base on 家底定其他? 經濟能力好o既家長就係質素好o既家長?

The quality of parent is vague and didn't help..

The parental support(moral guildance, education and perhaps little money for private tutoring) is the core issue..

A gifted child would fall in the end if parents did not guild the learning process.

For a DSS itself, student was picked upon a selection process..both parents and children are interviewed.  Behaviour would be observed,

It is not absolutely accurate but target candidates would be sourced.

similar parents, who were believed to pay more attention on kids, would be gathered.

It fosters the learning atmostphere and the majority of kids would prepare well in class and won't slow up the teaching process.

I am just an ordinary, level head parent, but would do everything that helps to bring up my boy.

3#
發表於 09-9-4 13:56 |顯示全部帖子
I found this post is a mature discussion rather than old posts that resulted in dispute in the end.

If parents could compare the examination paper of P.1 on both LS and YW, you would know how ambitious is the new DSS YW.

LS has it historic success yet there are successful YW boys celebrities amongst the top hierachy in society.

can't go wrong with either school and this is really miracle to secure two P.1 places in both schools.

I always favour LS in the beginning but now comfortable to have my boy to stay in YW.  

4#
發表於 09-10-4 19:00 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 kikispider 於 09-10-2 22:49 發表
YW is not so traditional when compare with LS.

Competition should exist in the famous school. You can think it positive (drive the student pay hard) or not.  I believe it should exist in LS, too. Not ...

My son also has a Church peer studing in LS..  YW boys also were buried in HW.

DSS gives YW lots of room to play..and seen talior editing syllabus for those DSS boys..commensurated to their standard.

Doubtless kids are selected in the same group with similar dynamic in learning, the pace of teaching/learning is really fast.

5#
發表於 09-10-6 13:29 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 猴子爸 於 09-10-5 14:43 發表
听闻现在英华小学非直资收生的那些年级学生,有很多(一些)都因为及不上要求,(可能?)上不了英华书院。而现在1,2年级,程度都相当深,绝对拍得住其他一线的小学,要继续survive都不是容易,家长学生都需要有心理准备面对。
我太太听 ...

For the Education Department primary school standard on Chinese, English, Math and General Knowledge, I am sure the school will cover them all very early.  Student manage all pass could advance to S.1 direct(Principal said).

becoz DSS is rather new in YW, I got the impression that school is testing the ability of student and would deliver more difficult materials to student, especially in English.  I have compared the examination materials with LS and YW..YW is quite challenging..for both parents and students.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題