搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 No Cantonese in RC pl pl pl
發新帖
查看: 6420|回覆: 1
go

No Cantonese in RC pl pl pl [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-11 13:08 |顯示全部帖子
I am quite surprised that there are still that many parents that equate the ability to speak Chinese to the in-ability to speak English.
Can people be good at both?
(Sorry, I lost interest in most RC topics a long time ago. But now that it's interview season again, I couldn't help but to vent my views. May be it is good to raise this again so that parents can think hard before accepting any offers.)

2#
發表於 09-11-11 13:20 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-11-11 12:30 發表
If RC continues to develop under such policy, RC is becoming just an EMI school. It makes no different with those EMI local schools.

Of course, many people may prefer this.  

With the differences in curriculum and teaching etc, I do not see why it would be the same as a local school.
Lots of local schools have language policy prohibiting the use of Chinese on campus, does that make them an international school?

The language policy in ESF schools was probably not set up to improve English skills. ESF children are fluent in English with or without the policy. The policy has been awhile for very long, even when I was a student. My cousins were in one of the ESF schools and they felt that the policy was merely to prohibit languages that the English speaking staff did not understand.

In any case, I am not coming back to "discuss" further about RC. Obviously, parents do have different needs. And I am probably "too stupid" to reply to your messages. If labelling RC a EMI local school would make parents happy, do so.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題